Oh, they’ll try to find some PC touchy-feely way to save face, but the reality it their business model was moments away from financial implosion. This comes as a surprise decision to, well, no-one. The reversal is effective “immediately”.

starbucks race relations 3(AP) – According to a recently released internal memo, Starbucks baristas will no longer write “Race Together” on customers’ cups starting Sunday.

Starbucks spokesman Jim Olson says the campaign to create discussion on diversity and racial inequality will continue without the handwritten messages, which are phasing out as originally planned.

The memo from CEO Howard Schultz says the cups were always “just the catalyst” for a broader conversation and the company will still hold forum discussions, co-produce special sections in USA TODAY and put more stores in minority communities as part of the Race Together initiative.

The initiative has been criticized as opportunistic and inappropriate, coming in the wake of racially charged events such as protests over police killings of black males.

Olson says the change is not a reaction to that pushback. (read more)

starbucks race relations 5

This entry was posted in BGI - Black Grievance Industry, Cultural Marxism, Fabian Socialists - Modern Progressives, Occupy Type Moonbats, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Professional Idiots, Racism, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

103 Responses to Least Surprising Outcome Ever – Starbucks Reverses Decision On Forcing Race Convo With Coffee…

1. This was one of the most pathetic attempts ever in the history of bad decision making.

2. auscitizenmom says:

Okay, I have stopped laughing now. “This comes as a surprise decision to, well, no-one.” The black percentage of the total population is only about 12%, and only a small percentage of that is the BGI, plus some white guilters and they want to drag the other 90% of the population into an argument based on lies and ignorance. Stupid.

3. radiopatriot says:

Typical liberal mindset.

4. carterzest says:

I still will NEVER STOP AT A STARBUCKS AGAIN!

I will also NEVER PURCHASE ANY OF THEIR PRODUCTS FROM ANYWHERE!

Just doing my part =)

5. doodahdaze says:

WAIT WHAT? BGI is no longer cool? Even for Libs? White Flight is taking its toll.

6. FlatFoot says:

After years of glibly moaning that America needs to ‘have a conversation about race,’ the morons and moronettes on MSNBC’s Melissa Harris-Perry Show were whining that Starbucks’ asinine attempt to start a race conversation with every cup of coffee purchased was just too ‘white privileged.’ You know what Melissa Harris-Perry and her lickspittles would just so totally prefer? That Starbucks write, White supremacy has been the organizing principle of America since it’s founding.” Seriously. They actually said that. No Foolin’.

7. aprilyn43 says:

I never drank their coffee because I didn’t like the taste … Too strong; and I don’t like their strong, liberal, shove it down your throat approach.

Liberals never see or tell the truth and I’m just fed up with their lies.

8. Sharon says:

Really.

They didn’t want that discussion at all as evidenced by the action taken the minute they realized it wasn’t going as planned.

What they wanted was to be seen as being on the side of the BGI and as all touchy-feely, and – above all – as being opposed to rational and sentient beings who are sick and tired of the projection and manipulation by millions of people who don’t work for a living or spend their own money on anything.

• auscitizenmom says:

“What they wanted was to be seen as on the side of the BGI and as all touchy-feely, and – above all – as being opposed to rational and sentient beings who are sick and tired of the projection and manipulation by millions of people who don’t work for a living or spend their own money on anything.” I repeated this because, as usual, Sharon, you go right to the heart of the matter.

• ytz4mee says:

They were guilted into it by Mellody Hobson, a member of their board. She also used her influence to convince her husband, George Lucas, to fund the BGI reality challenged version of the Tuskegee airman program, “Red Tails” with his own money. “Red Tails” is officially listed as having cost $58 million (think about 20% higher in reality) and grossed – after enormous free publicity by the fellower travellers in the media – $49 million WORLDWIDE. It was a complete disaster on every quantifiable front.

Mellody Hobson is of similar outlook and atittude of Melissa Harris Perry, except that she uses other people’s money (Lucasfilms, Starbucks) to shove her “vision” down other people’s throats. It is refreshing that she has been rebuked not once, but twice now. Maybe Progs will tread more carefully the next time one of the Boule decide to tilt at windmills.

And I agree – they state they want a “conversation”, but what they really want is to lecture and have you nod in agreement without disputing or examining their position. I guess we’ll all have our chance at politically approved “conversations” at Hillary’s “fun camps” if the mob continues to vote for societal implosion.

9. beaujest says:

A picture of Eric Holder on the cups will start a dialog !

10. LadyRavenSDC says:

LOL – I am in the middle of doing a post and came back here to pick up a link when I saw this latest. LMAO! Starbucks needs to stick to what they do best and keep the hell out of out lives. Great write-ups Sundance.

11. lovely says:

Starbucks has missed the boat on this one. And they should hire a more intelligent spokesperson. What they should have done in grand Liberal fashion is announce that the talk has been so amazing about “race” since they announced their campaign that their campaign is no longer needed as it’s end was already achieved, a dialog about race, (read the inherent, subconscious, evil of being white) has begun.

Liberals are great at turning failures into victories I’m surprised this isn’t their angle. It’s never about the result and always about the intention.

Piss poor reaction to a major failure on Starbucks part. Maybe the Lib’s are losing their edge.

The phase-out is not a reaction to that pushback, Olson said. “Nothing is changing. It’s all part of the cadence of the timeline we originally planned

LOL! Maybe Olson is pushing for a job as a stand up comedian.

12. True Colors says:

If this is supposed to help race relations then why reverse it? Why not stay the course?

Oh yeah. It was never meaningful to begin with. Just an empty publicity stunt.

TC

13. watcher says:

I read that after hours trading stocks fell $1.30.

The COO Troy Alstead is taking a “extended unpaid leave”.

The Red Lobster lawsuit over the racist comments on a receipt probably awakened someone.

If I were CEO, cleaning house would be next. Goodbye yes people, welcome common sense people.

14. Java Joe ;-) says:

I liked their Caramel Macchiatos until I didn’t. Nowadays I grind my own coffee beans and buy from local roasters. The coffee around here is much better than it has ever been. Try it, you’ll like it.

15. Pingback: Sunday funnies a thing of the past | LadyRaven's Whisky In A Jar – OH!

16. Please take your $8 lattes and your circus side show baristas and shove ’em.

17. Lucille says:

Is anyone else getting real tired of the term “barista”?

• auscitizenmom says:

Actually, I am trying to limit the number of words that I add to my “offends me” list because I already have so much on the list pertaining to Obozo and Company and Congress. 🙄

• smiley says:

along with “fashionista”.

• ytz4mee says:

Especially since their version of “espresso” truly sucks. And it’s getting worse – the cutbacks in quality and strength is obvious.

In their beginning, a Starbucks espresso was pretty comparable to one you could find at an average cafe in Europe. Now – the difference in quality is noticeable.

Their product AND their attitude sucks.

Buh-bye. They can join the Upper Management Unemployable Line with the blacktivists who took over and destroyed McDonald’s and Darden’s (Olive Garden, Red Lobster).

18. Murse says:

“CEO Howard Schultz says he will put more stores in minority communities as part of the Race Together initiative.”

Good luck with that. The store image will have to accommodate bars on the windows and metal detectors at the doors. Also, Blacks don’t buy $4.00/cup of coffee. I have observed a Starbucks near a hospital with a Black neighborhood one block over. I rarely viewed ghetto Blacks as patrons, after all Starbucks is was Whitey does and that just wouldn’t be keeping it real.

• polk8dot says:

Ahhh, but then it will be a perfect opportunity to settle even more imagined scores for BGI. Enter Sharpton et al, with claims of ‘disparate impact’ brought on by ‘unsustainable prices for Starbucks coffee in black (disadvantaged, impoverished, adversly affected, take your pick) neighborhoods. And presto, Starbucks is slashing cup-o-joe prices there in half, while at the same time raising them for everyone else. Only fair, if you’re BGI – evil Whitey pays again. It is just too deliciously ironic that it would mostly hit the lib/prog pseudo-intellectuals, our under-educated, over-titled, pretensious ‘betters’.

• crossthread42 says:

lordy Black Folk’s are hard pressed to buy a 4.00, 40oz of GOOD Beer.. Cause that 4.00 you can get more bang for your dollar, Liquor is quicker, (GIN & Vodka), Or.. 4.00 buys a fifth of MD 20~20, Or Richards Wild Irish Rose, and have money left to get a Blunt Wrapper or a “loosie”, eg Single cigarette

19. doodahdaze says:

Maybe Harris -Perry can get Holder to quack at Starducks. The Lib answer to Duck Dynasty.

20. Personally, I think the reason for backing down was the huge BELLY LAUGHING that rolled in from the entire country! Also, I love(d) Starbucks Coffee and give them props for taking coffee from the dishwater school to the delicious school. But, there are plenty of places to get good coffee now. McDonald’s, for example, though they have had their own problems with diversity.
    Really, this PC cr*p must stop!

21. disgustedwithjulison says:

The kicker on this whole thing is the Starbucks’ senior management team is made up of 19 individuals, 15 are white, 2 black, 1 asian, 1 indian (asian, not native american). Thus you have Starbucks “War on Minorities” within their own glass house.

Even better…of the 19 individuals, only 3 are women. Let’s talk about sexism with our barristas next.

This was about as stupid as a company can get. Me thinks some phone calls were made from the White House asking Starbucks to help join this “Race Revolution” that the White House so badly wants to foment. They probably are the White House’s coffee of choice and Jarrett threatened that they would be replacing them with Dunkin’ Donuts coffee if they didn’t comply.

22. waltherppk says:

Maybe Starbucks could just shift the conversation and ask for an honest public dialogue. Disparate impact, Let’s have a reality based medical discussion. Is the only feasible answer eugenics and / or genetic engineering? Is societal redemption possible for a race suffering dysgenic defects through genetic affirmative action? Can the decline of the cognitive baseline produced by millennia of inbreeding be gradually bred out for the disparately impacted, by rigorously enforced or socially encouraged selective breeding, or will the global segregated racial baseline norm more likely never be improved? Is eugenics only a hidden agenda of social engineering that proposes “racial integration” as a euphemism that is a really about a transparent de facto quest for “new blood” and mixed race hybrids, for accomplishing the same goal of genetic engineering of hybrids done under a banner of “diversity”?

• waltherppk says:

Will this issue be sorted out by the great intellects at Starbucks writing on coffee cups, or is the matter best left to God and Nature?

23. Kauf Buch says:

I went to a Starbucks today.
    I heartily encourage others to do so.
    I didn’t buy anything…I just politely asked out loud:
    “I’m white; so, do I pay more for coffee now?”

24. libby says:

How many Starbucks are in Fergason?

25. Indiemex says:

Maybe they can plant them near the local Planned Parenthood. Free abortion = more cash for coffee!

26. Indiemex says:

We’ll know they are sincere about, “disparate impact,” when they start taking EBT cards. Win-win for them. They don’t have to reduce their prices, and, all the idiots that insist on working for a living cover the cost.

27. doodahdaze says:

As Starbucks commits Obamacide…..

28. doodahdaze says:

POLL for 2016 vote here.
    1. Jeb Bush
    2. Hillary Clinton
    3. Ross Perort

29. nyetneetot says:

Kentucky Derby. 40 Days! Lets talk about race!

• solomonpal says:

Boycott all circuses. If the population could get this through their skulls everything would be poised for positive change. But it will never happen.

• nyetneetot says:

“Boycott all circuses……………”

Ah, if only I could boycott all of them. Much to my dismay, once the wine is poured here at home I am most times giving the performance of my life to an audience that could turn on me at any given moment (and knows where the knives are kept in the kitchen).

30. Michelle says:

What Starbucks wants is for inner city hipster rioters to stop smashing their windows and stealing all their s%!t as they have been doing in Oakland. What’s ironic is that most hipsters claim to “hate” Starbuck’s coffee. Here in the SF Bay Area it’s “popular” to claim you hate Starbuck’s coffee and that you love Peet’s coffee, which tastes like burnt cat pee, dirt and musk. Yet, during recent anti-police riots, anarchist hipsters broke into Starbuck’s to partake of the, supposedly, not up to foodie standards goodies. Go figure! One of the reasons I have stopped listening to NPR is that their coverage has become about race 24/7. Race, race, race!!! Just shut up already!

• dginga says:

Wait! Now $tarbux is NOT the choice of hipsters in the know? I have a hard time keeping up with all of the latest hipster trends. As for not listening to NPR, you are better off, Michelle.

31. Daniel says:

It was never about what is being said. It is about WHO is saying it. This is territory exclusive to the BGI. If anyone else starts conversations and it goes directions which undermines the cashflow to the BGI, then there’s a problem.

• ytz4mee says:

Exactly. The entire construct of the contemporary BGI is to restart the White Guilt Payoff Machine.

If you research key players in the NAACP, they were open that the pocketbooks for all their “black only” programs and slushfunds have been shuttered. They lament it used to be easy to get grants and money just by telling a sad story about black yutes and heroic single mothers. Obama has been a death sentence for the grievance money machine.

ALL of these stunts have one goal in mind – to continue to berate whites into giving into demands for money, power and influence solely to the advantage of the politically connected black structure. The benefits they collect do NOT trickle down to the average black citizen. All of the gains are for the benefit of their upper echelon. Think of the comparison of Michelle Robinson Obama, who was admitted to Princeton on AA and because her Dad was a well connected, reliable Democrat party ward boss. Then compare and contrast with Barack Obama’s first actions in cancelling the Opportunity Scholarship funds which kicked out actual high-achieving, hard working genuinely underprivileged black kids from DC who were attending Sidewell Friends on scholarship grants. This isn’t about “opportunity”, it never has been. It’s about concentrating power and wealth in the hands of a few blacks who “speak” for the community.

• auscitizenmom says:

“Obama has been a death sentence for the grievance money machine.” Well, that’s one tidbit of good news for a Monday morning. 🙂

32. benzy says:

The liberal “spin” (and it isn’t far from right) is that Starbucks did NOT fail in the initiative to get a discussion about race started. Look at just how much national attention their stunt has garnered so far. And how many people are at least thinking about race… maybe not in the way Starbucks intended, but then again… maybe all they wanted was a top of the mind awareness event.

33. nimrodman says:

They overlooked some relevant questions on that Race Relations Reality Check:

I most often talk with someone of a different race
    _____ When placing an order from the drive-thru lane
    _____ When renewing my license at the Motor Vehicle Department
    _____ When being forced to empty my pockets at gunpoint

I’m sure there are others.

34. nimrodman says:

Sorry, wordpress didn’t maintain my paragraphs. Let’s see if I can force some.

35. nimrodman says:

They overlooked some relevant questions on that Race Relations Reality Check:
    – In the past year, I or a family member was attacked and brutalized _____ times by a member of a different race.
    – My parents had their property value depreciate by _____ tens of thousands of dollars as a result of people of a different race moving to their neighborhood.
    – I most often talk with someone of a different race
    _____ When placing an order from the drive-thru lane
    _____ When renewing my license at the Motor Vehicle Department
    _____ When being forced to empty my pockets at gunpoint
    – I am currently supporting _____ members of a different race to sit around and blow blunts all day through forced confiscation of my earned wages.
    – In the past year, someone of a different race has been in my home _____ times. As a result, I have spent _____ thousands of dollars replacing the valuables that were burglarized.

36. doodahdaze says:

LOL!!

37. ytz4mee says:

Uh huh. Well, the damage is done. I wasn’t a frequent flyer at Starbucks, although my youngest loves their iced teas in the summer, and I used to purchase their ground coffee but no more.

Unlike the Progressives, I won’t be building a papier-mache puppet head, getting my bongo drums and megaphones out of storage and marching to let Starbucks “know” they are being boycotted as an economic and social threat.

Nope. I’ll just simply stop buying any of their products, anywhere. Forever. The price of stupid needs to be permanent. It’s not like “coffee” is a one-of-a-kind unique, market-changing product.

My trips to the grocery store lately have become very short and inexpensive. I can’t remember the last time I bought Cheerios or anyother General Mills mega-product. Staying away from all the mega-corp products is not only politically satisfying, it’s cheaper and forces you to eat healthier. Popping popcorn at home seasoned with real butter and some sea salt is a lot healthier than woofing down Doritos.

Color of Change used to be an excellent resource for keeping tabs on what the BGI shakedown scheme du jour was. We simply silently boycotted any company that they were in cahoots with (here’s looking at you, Allstate Insurance) and supported companies they were targeting for political re-education and payoff. However, they watched the fallout from the Chik-Fil-A debacle and now don’t openly publish who their corporate benefactors/fellow travellers are anymore. 😦
    Still worthwhile to check in from time to time and see what they’re up to:

colorofchange.org