At the national gym business called Planet Fitness any man can walk into the Women’s locker room, showers, restrooms and facilities if they simply claim to identify their gender as female. This recently became an issue when a creepy looking man (transgender identifying as female) walked into the showers and a female patron was alarmed.

planet fitness 2

The controversy began when Yvette Cormier (pictured above) complained to the gym’s front desk after seeing “a man” in the woman’s locker room. Cormier was told that he had a right to be in there because he identified as a woman.

Member Yvette Cormier complained to a front desk employee after seeing a transgender woman in the women’s locker room at the Planet Fitness in Midland, Michigan, according to ABC News. But after the employee told her it is company policy to allow members to use whichever locker room associates with their gender identity, Cormier said she decided to tell “everyone in the locker room what happened.” (link)

Cormier then took her complaint to the corporate offices of Planet Fitness. When she returned and began warning other women at the gym, her membership was terminated for violating the company’s “Judgment Free Zone” policy:

“Planet Fitness is committed to creating a non-intimidating, welcoming environment for our members. Our gender identity non-discrimination policy states that members and guests may use all gym facilities based on their sincere self-reported gender identity.

The membership of the member in question was not cancelled as a result of complaints about the policy, as we welcome all feedback from our members. Rather, the manner in which she expressed her concerns about the policy exhibited behavior that club management deemed inappropriate and disruptive to other members, which is a violation of the membership agreement and as a result her membership was cancelled.” (link)

This is the person who startled Ms. Cormier:

planet fitness 1

(HuffPo) […] Carlotta Sklodowska, a transgender woman who believes it was her visit to the gym that triggered the complaint, told Michigan Live she is not a member of the Midland Planet Fitness as she can’t afford anytime fitness membership fees, but went as the guest of a friend. Sklodowska said she only entered the locker room twice, wearing leggings and a baggy T-shirt, and never observed anyone troubled by her presence. (link)

However, it appears the ridiculous PC Gender Identity policy is creating somewhat of a backlash. “Women Now Cancelling Membership” – Planet Fitness and its transgender “no judgment zone” policy is reportedly resulting in gym membership cancellations by women concerned about their safety in locker rooms. (link)

Go figure !

This entry was posted in media bias, Occupy Type Moonbats, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Professional Idiots, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

83 Responses to Planet Fitness Faces Backlash – Women Dropping Membership in Droves Due To Ridiculous “Gender Identity Policy”….

1. lastConservinIllinois? says:

Whoa!
    Is that Mrs Obama?

2. TKim says:

Any business that gives any man the freedom to use women’s locker rooms, toilets or dressing rooms because he says he identifies as a female is anti-woman. Period. No respect for women’s safety, modesty, comfort or dignity.

By aware this agenda is spreading to private rooms used by minors as well. Protect your daughters AND your sons.

These sick policies do save the perverts from having to hide cameras and “up skirt.” The progs allow them to waltz in.

3. ctdar says:

Hey I called that possibility the other day 🙂
    Ratio of female memberships to transgenders would most likely be higher so a monetary risk for planet fitness to back the wrong horse
    Think they’ve realized they backed the wrong horse?

4. auscitizenmom says:

{picking myself up off the floor lol} {happy dance} They may have hundreds of women cancel their membership to accomodate 2 transgender males/females. This whole discussion is too absurd. Of course women don’t want weird men (of any type) wandering around while they are taking a shower. AND, of course, a woman would warn other women in the gym to look out. Of course, she would if she were worth anything at all.

• lastConservinIllinois? says:

If i were she (the disbarred former member) i would wear that expulsion as a badge of honor.

And maybe wear a T-shirt around town that says something like: “if you want to work out at planet fitness, youll need to be a naked tranny witness”.

5. eleda says:

Just went to the Planet Fitness website – all of the comments about the facilities were negative.
    Left my opinion as well. I will not be joining PF anytime soon – how about EVER!!!

6. art tart says:

WOOF! He’s a butt ugly individual in a dress wanting to be a woman, yuk.

WHAT? No GoFundMe plea from Carlotta Sklodowska, the transgender individual, to try to make himself look more feminine by using donations to buy female hormones? I don’t care if someone is transgender, it’s not my business UNLESS they impose themselves on me when I am dressing or partially undressed in what I assumed was a female locker room/women’s restroom or anywhere else I assume is for women only. The gym, imo, violated ALL the rights of women that didn’t know & they chose not to inform them.

• ctdar says:

Not to mention he/she wasn’t even a PF member.

• Justice_099 says:

“I don’t care if someone is transgender, it’s not my business UNLESS they impose themselves on me”

That’s really what it boils down to, even when you replace transgender with any of the supposedly ‘oppressed’ minority groups. It’s not hate, it’s about being obnoxious, activist, jerks that generate hate by imposing on others’ rights and clearly has no respect for others.

They generate hate. Just like psycho lefties forcing down religious symbols, etc… Just like the Chicago principles hosting blacks only meetings. They have NO desire to coexist. They go out of their way to forcibly impose themselves on others and then cry at the backlash.

It’s like a child poking and poking at their sibling and then cry when the sibling punches them.

7. michellc says:

Any woman who remains a member is an idiot. As a woman I don’t give a hoot what gender you say you are, if you have male parts you are a male and I don’t want to share a restroom or shower with you.
    These pervs are going to cross the wrong woman someday and she’s going to put them one step closer to the gender they want to be.

• lorac says:

I think the larger danger is that any straight guy can throw on a wig and some spandex, say he identifies as a woman, go into the locker room when it’s pretty empty, and then trap a naked woman in a shower and rape her. A true transgender isn’t going to hurt a woman, but their being allowed in the women’s space opens the door to creative rapists.

8. John Galt says:

Where’s the transgender woman? I see an NFL lineman in a wig and a dress.

9. Djk says:

He is not transgender. He’s a cross dressing pervert who took down his FB page, but information was captured. http://genderidentitywatch.com/2015/03/09/carlotta-sklodowska-sklodowska1982-csklodowska-planetfitness-hrc-aclulgbt-usa/

10. justfactsplz says:

This really creeps me out. I hope they lose their shirt over this. One reason I never joined a gym is I’m not comfortable in open shower gyms. Even some women look at you and make you feel uncomfortable. Letting a man with man parts share facilities for women is crazy. I have heard public restrooms may lean this way also. There are too many perverts out there like the upskirters and peeping Toms.

• Pam says:

I had a gym membership at a really nice gym near us. I went so I could use the heated pool for exercise. One day it dawned on me that lesbians were hanging out in the private women’s sauna and hot tub area. The hot tub had lounging chairs positioned next to it, and some women would not only go into the hot tub naked, but sit in the chairs completely naked, flashing everything. Yuck! I’m not prudish about women being naked in locker rooms when they are dressing, but there’s just a difference in behavior that is obvious. What people choose to do in private is not my business, but this sort of public display is another matter.

• This is just one of the reasons I stay home. Where it’s safe. At least, right now it is. Strange people are rising up out of the immorality being displayed brazenly by the progs.

• justfactsplz says:

When I was eighteen just out of high school I had a used car and a job. The only place I could afford to live was the Y. Most of the residents were in there 30’s. I soon learned what a lesbian was and got out of there. The way they looked at me, like I was fresh meat. It was sickening.

11. thesouthwasrght says:

Ayn Rand: “You can avoid reality but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality. ” So true and so much the reason all liberal egalitarian policies not only fail, they flop. The free market may well learn PF a lesson about the reality of Ayn ‘ s qujp.

12. BertDilbert says:

Starting tomorrow I am identifying myself as female, see the rest of you fellas in the locker room!

13. yakmaster2 says:

If this genderidentitywatch.com site has actually captured ‘carlotta slodowska’ FB page, then this GUY is an ardent fan of female genitalia (he uses another term). Perhaps Planet Fitness should go check it out, THEN defend their loony liberal catering to a tiny minority of society weighed against the safety, privacy, and modesty of half the US population. They deserve to be ostracized by sensible women everywhere. Hopefully, their phones are ringing every 5 minutes with membership cancellations. Personally, the last thing I’d want is a self-proclaimed transgender with his junk in my face in the girls locker/showers/toilet. I also don’t want to feel that anyone’s looking at me in any sexual way whatsoever.

• evolveideas says:

His facebook page reports that he will “do women for free” but “will charge men.” And please recall that the Mayor of Houston supports the same issue and is using her office to enforce it. This isn’t about rights, its about legislating perversion.

14. Murse says:

And there is a tactic we “ists” can effectively use. Sever relations with any and all corporation that play these games. Let Planet Fitness lose several hundred thousand members and they will amend their behavior or go bankrupt.

15. Daniel says:

Heh “It seemed like a good idea at the time.”

Here’s a “reality” that people need to grasp. These sexual minorities are precisely that — sexual minorities and public norms SHOULD NOT be changed to suit these minorities. It simply disrupts the order of things. It will end your business if you’re in business to make money and survive.

16. allhail2 says:

I’m going to lay it out there straight. If my daughter (9) or wife goes into a women’s restroom ( or any female) and I see a guy go in, or they come out to tell me there is a guy in there, that perv is going to flat out get the brakes beat off of him.

He will be lucky if I don’t go in and draw him down. As far as I know, he went in there to commit a forcible felony.

17. quagmire86 says:

When PF terminated the woman’s membership; didn’t they essentially “Pass Judgment” upon her as being intolerant or disruptive? I hope PF loses 30% of their membership due to the pander to a PC ideology for a group that is 2% of the population.

18. TexasRanger says:

I’m Completely Fed-Up With All This Insane “Political Correctness”.! Period…

Here’s What’s Happening…..

19. Justice_099 says:

I am reminded of the PAGAN (People Against Goodness And Normality) cult in the 1987 movie, “Dragnet”.

20. PreNanny says:

All the small business owners who purchased a Planet Fitness franchise will be the ones who get hurt by this very dangerous policy. If they were smart they would form a class and sue HQ
    Its that itty bitty print that gets you.

21. 1American1st says:

How many guys will now put on a skirt just to get into the women’s locker room?

22. This happened near where I live, and even nearer where I work. I flipped out when I heard about this. A few things:

I am all for private businesses making their own rules. But if you have rules that a reasonable person would not assume, you need to spell that out in the Membership Contract. A “non judgement policy” is not enough for a female human being with female human genitalia who identifies herself as a female human, to expect to see strange males with male genitalia in a locker room that has a sign that says “Women” on it.

I haven’t looked, but does this gym allow minors? What if my daughter was there to work out with me and there was a person with penis in the locker room. How do you explain that???

It is absolutely disgraceful that a woman would have to be in any kind of fear of seeing strange penises while she’s in a locker room designated as the “Women”‘s locker room.

I created an event on Facebook to set up a protest of this gym. Some person from Washington State got on the event and threatened ME saying I was hateful and bigoted and they had reported me to my employer (not sure how they gleaned that information?) and to Facebook. Needless to say of course Facebook took the “Protest Planet Fitness” event down, and I haven’t heard anything from my employer yet.

THIS is the Progressives war on women. Degrade, desensitize. A woman’s body is not sacred. Her marriage is not sacred, nor is her womb.

23. Justice_099 says:

Be aware, my friends…. the LGBT mafia are actively hunting down every mention of this on the web and pouncing.

Expect a few new ‘members’ here.

• allhail2 says:

Dear LGBT,

I don’t care what you do or what you look like or what you believe. Not my monkey, not my circus. All the little Alinsky buzz words are irrelevant (hate, homophobe, bigot, etc). This has nothing to do with that.
      Should my wife or daughter suddenly have one of your special snowflake members force their mental circus upon them, don’t be shocked when the lion cage gets opened.

Oh yea, If mama bear is in the building, I’ll be courteous and bring the elephant shovel to pick up whatever is left.

24. I think I’ll start a gym. One that has a single locker room… men, women, bi, trans, gay. lesbian, celibate, nympho. It will say so on the locker room door. No one will be able to complain.

Think if I wrote up a business plan for this, I’d get a loan from a banking institution?

/sarc

• Mr. Izz says:

To be honest, you couldn’t build something like that. There are all sorts of rules and codes related to structures (work for architectural firm). With the way things are going though, who knows? All it takes is for one city planner or Mayor to accept something like this and it could go from there.

25. toomuchlaundry says:

In the 70s, gyms were usually seen as pick up joints. Anyone remember the national French Riviera Spa chain? Complete sleaze! It was legendary in the Memphis area. I’ve never felt comfortable in a public gym dressing room. I don’t even want the female lesbians in the dressing room with me, and yet how would one know? I have gay friends, so I know this makes me a bit of a hypocrite, but regardless, I could work out at a public gym if I had too, but I’ll do my showering and changing clothes at home.

26. Nick says:

I get that almost everyone is against what Planet Fitness did but I don’t agree. I believe in the free market and the dollar is what we should vote with. If a private business has absurd policy, don’t pay this business and warn all your friends not to pay this business. If this business sees that this is hurting them. they will have to change policy or lose revenue. If Planet Fitness thinks transgender or the gay community alone can support their business, that’s completely up to them.

27. czarowniczy says:

Woo Hoo! Using the same spurious logic that the POtuS does in his identification issues with Moslem terrorists and terrorists who just happen to be Moslems I can say that I’m a lesbian because I like women! SIGN ME UP!
    That said – can community organizers use the women’s steam room?

28. Plain Jane says:

Tranny probably didn’t want to use the men’s locker room because he/she knew someone would pound him/her out. The tranny needs a good shrink even more than he/she needs the gym, which he/she needs desperately.

29. toomuchlaundry says:

Not the first time they’ve had issues with REAL females. It was a Planet Fitness in South Carolina that told a young, petite, 19th week expectant mother to “cover up” or leave. She was so small to begin with that even at 19 weeks, she wasn’t showing very much to have anything extra to cover up.

• auscitizenmom says:

As an older lady, I can say find it repulsive to see even a small woman with pants that barely cover her crack in the back and the pubic bone in the front. To heck with the tank top.

30. daman12013 says:

Sadly did we all forget about how the “transgender” high schooler. Didnt they sue so he could use the womans lockerroom/bathroom/etc?!?! This is what happens. People want their cake and eat it too.

31. daman12013 says:

I also don’t think Planet Fitness wants that kind of press “OMG I was denied access because im TG”!!!

• auscitizenmom says:

Won’t matter when most, if not ALL the women cancel their memberships. Putting all REAL women in danger to appease 1 or 2 people who may be confused?