We Remember – Andrew Breitbart, February 1, 1969 – March 1, 2012

Breitbart-One-Voice-Silenced-Millions-Awakened-300x162Today we remember Andrew Breitbart on the third anniversary of his death.

Please share your thoughts, memories of the good things that Andrew accomplished in his short life.

The best remembrance – something we can all do – is to “be Breibart”

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to We Remember – Andrew Breitbart, February 1, 1969 – March 1, 2012

1. stella says:

Andrew’s last speech at CPAC:

• Fantasia says:

These are the same exact people that made Ferguson happen. Radicals and communists. Re-watching this really brought it home. More then ever before.

He was on to something, and it still ring true now. All of it. Occupy is the center of the disorganization, and we all know it traces right back to the White Hut. And he knows it, too. He just couldn’t handle it coming out then. Now, he doesn’t care.

“They try to portray you in the worst possible light.”

“They even allowed Sharpton to have a show. It’s a dog whistle.”

2. I am honored that you chose to use the graphic I created upon learning of his death in 2012. He stood guard over liberty and urged the rest of us to do the same. May he rest forever in peace.

• I’m honored to respond to a post by the person who did that graphic!!!

Breitbart gave me faith in the triumph of truth over manipulation.

My only complaint – I was banned from Breitbart (after his death, of course) for mentioning the truth to another poster about a mistaken article, which they had corrected by pulling the URL but not acknowledging. I assume it was done by some kind of “reputation policing service”, or perhaps the author in cover-up mode. I think Andrew would be saddened by that. I was (and still am) one of the site’s biggest defenders and well-wishers.

3. peppie says:

What a tragic loss. What a great, great man. Still don’t believe his death was due to natural causes.

• stella says:

Please don’t bring up the conspiracy theories here. It isn’t appropriate.

• riverlife_callie says:

Why not? Serious question.

• Off topic. I get the sentiment but the point of the post is honoring Andrew, not speculating about his death.

• stella says:

It’s made-up speculation, and has no place in this post honoring Andrew. Beyond that, this is my post, and I say so (as your mother once told you).

• riverlife_callie says:

You saying it is “made-up” does not necessarily make it so. Nonetheless, I understand waltzingmtilda’s reasoning that it would better belong elsewhere. You know, I’ve been a long-time reader here at the treehouse. I don’t often post but I read daily. And I have always found your attitude, Stella, to be very condescending. Other moderator’s/posters manage to get their point across without bashing people. I think you would make a good homeowner’s association paint-color nazi. And you’re not my mother nor are you my teacher. I am an adult and would expect to be treated as one, just as you would. I expect this will either be deleted or get me banned, but I seriously think that you need to examine your hubris and the way you talk to people.

• stella says:

Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn what you think.

P.S.: You have no sense of humor, nor are you able to take a hint. Instead, you felt it necessary to insult me. Too bad.

4. beaujest says:

Pioneer!

5. WeeWeed says:

From our friend Dianny at the Patriot Retort…

6. Ursula says:

He had looks, brains, humor and taught us so to ” walk towards the flame ” and enjoy fighting the left that despises us.
    We lost a very special leader that the left feared.
    He advanced Liberty.
    I believe our founding fathers would be honored to include him in their class.

7. Col.(R) Ken says:

Truly a God fearing Man, who stood up and fought the evil that walks this earth. May he rest in the warmth of Gods Love. Now to continue his fight,

8. belle says:

I weep for this country…and often go back and watch Breitbart’s CPAC speech. He gives me hope that America will return to the great republic she once was.

9. TKim says:

You know he is cheering Sundance on from heaven.

10. FlatFoot says:

There are too many great things to say about Andrew Breitbart, his fortitude, and his enduring legacy to enumerate here and keep the comment at a reasonable length. Suffice it to say, Andrew Breitbart was a man of distinction. A one-of-a-kind original modern day patriot who loved every one of his countrymen and “hated” no one… and who wanted nothing else but to revive, make healthy and keep alive forever the “American Dream” for each and every American no matter their political stripe. A truly benevolent leader and lover of this exceptional country with a curious knack for endearing himself to everyone he ever met in person — even his “political enemies” — whether they’d admit it or not. Andrew Breitbart loved us all and his spirit lives on in us. Albeit, Andrew Breitbart was and still is a far bigger man than I when it comes to ‘loving your enemy’ in the political spectrum. May He Rest In Peace Forever In God’s Sublime Embrace.

11. I still remember breaking down in tears when I heard the news. I never knew the man, but the loss felt personal on some level. He was unlike anything I had ever seen on the conservative side, and he opened my eyes up to a whole new way to fight. I am truly thankful for the time that he was here, too brief though it was.

12. lilbirdee'12 says:

He inspired me and thousands of others to stand up and speak up with conviction. Andrew, you will never be forgotten.

Your energy lives on in this Tree…thank you Sundance and admins. for all that you do!

13. GracieD says:

It felt like a kick in the gut to me. Someone finally had the courage to tell the truth. AB earned our trust. Then he was gone. What he left us with is the knowledge that it was up to each of us to insist on the truth, even if it meant finding it ourselves.

14. conservalicious says:

Even 3 years later my heart still hurts from the loss of Andrew Breitbart.

15. Mist'ears Mom says:

I had just become to know a little about this remarkable man before his passing. What a huge loss to this nation. I am grateful for this site that helps to keep his vision alive and people like Bill Whittle, Ott, Green and others dedicated to carry that message of truth.

16. Roy says:

I think of Andrew Breitbart as kicking the snowball downhill. He inspired me to think more deeply about the bigger picture and ask questions and look for the truth behind every story.

Without his critical thinking, courage, and reporting we’d be in a much darker place.

17. rashomon says:

His spirit still thrives and soars. Some simply can’t be downed.

18. angie says:

God bless you, Andrew, and thanks for everything you did and tried to do!