NUMBER ONE WITH A BULLET

The USA has, by far, the highest per capita gun ownership in the world. Progressives will tell you that this is what makes America the Murder Capitol of Planet Earth. But we’re not, and in this devastatingly effective Firewall, Bill Whittle shows why the center of Gun Nut Nation is in fact one of the safest places in the world.

This entry was posted in 2nd Amendment, Bill Whittle, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

47 Responses to NUMBER ONE WITH A BULLET

1. LetJusticePrevail" says:

No surprises there. I did the same research 2 years ago during my time debating the George Zimmerman case at the Huffington Post. Drove the TrayHuggers absolutely NUTS when their “Stop Gun Violence” rants were met with cold, hard facts that proved gun control led to higher murder rates than lower ones.

Not only is America NOT the leader of the murders per capita list, despite its spot as number one rate of guns per capita but also, among American states, the states with the strictest gun control measures were much higher on the murder rate charts than those with lax restrictions. Additionally, it far easier to draw a statistical correlation to areas with higher percentages of blacks in the population and with violent crime, than it is to gun ownership rates. Ans, no, the other “Dear Readers” at the HP really didn’t like it when this was pointed out to them. LOL

• stella says:

There was only one error that I noticed in the video. Detroit does NOT have strict gun control, and it’s obvious that Bill did not check his facts there. Detroit’s laws are the same as in the rest of the state. Michigan has no registration for long guns, open carry is legal, and CCW relatively easy to obtain.

ADD: Detroit’s murders per 100,000 were 44 in 2014, a significant drop, although still really bad.

• LJP – I, too, have done research along these same lines. You are quite correct in that what is not being said is the direct correlation between cities with large minority majority populations and murder rates. Further, most of the murders are NOT committed by registered gun owners – most are committed with stolen guns. In NONE of the top 10 cities Bill Whittle listed is there a majority white population. In a few of the cities there are more whites than blacks, but the Hispanics make up a large percentage so as to make them, still, a minority majority city.

• Les says:

It’s sad to me that the only way progressives can see to help black communities is by decreasing the ability of police and schools to punish black crimes. They seem to think that limiting arrests will limit crimes and limiting suspensions will make kids behave. How this makes any sense to any adult person is beyond me.

• stella says:

Here is a recent case of a suit being filed against the city of Ferndale, MI. Ferndale borders Detroit on the north.

I can tell you that Woodward avenue is a main thoroughfare from the Detroit River through several suburbs to the northern border of Oakland County, and heavily traveled. I can also tell you that Ferndale has drug dealers coming into the city via bicycle to avoid traffic stops by local police, and has a higher occurrence of armed robbery, burglary, and other crimes because of its proximity to Detroit.

P.S.: The population of sister-city Detroit is more than 80% black, while the population of Ferndale is about 10% black.

• Because every adult with any sense knows that not learning consequences of behavior and responsibility for their actions is the ideal way to raise kids.

Same principal applies.

• Lou says:

there’s a racial reality here most trayhuggers fail to understand. white people have been moving away from black neighborhoods in droves, but are still trayhuggers to prove they aren’t racist. I think it should be mandatory for all trayhuggers to work in an inner city high school for at least a year to understand the racial reality.

• ed357 says:

Maybe……..

it’s just the people.

• Lou says:

it is. I lived in Belgium for 4 years (stationed there at a remote site, so lived with the locals). a lot of liberals will tell you this and that about Belgium, Holland etc. but they also make it very difficult for foreigners to become citizens. when I lived there, they banned Turks from entering any night club/ discotheque. it was a great time in history before diversity and political correctness.

• Be Ge says:

Never the less, 25 or so % of Belgium’s population are not “native Belgians” of Flemish/French/German origin. There likely will be no Belgium within the next 60-80 years 😦

• stella says:

That is Bill Whittle’s point in the posted video.

• mcfyre2012 says:

“…it far easier to draw a statistical correlation to areas with higher percentages of blacks in the population and with violent crime, than it is to gun ownership rates.”

Indeed, when looking at the statistics from the DoJ/FBI, if you did not count violent/gun-related crimes committed by blacks, America would be an incredibly safe nation to live in. Blacks make up only 12% of the population, yet commit 50% of all violent crimes.

2. auscitizenmom says:

This is really good. I saved it to use when the subject comes up.

3. Mike says:

Reblogged this on makeaneffort and commented:
    If you’re not following The Last Refuge… why not?

4. czarowniczy says:

Oh my goodness, one of my favorite topics and I have some free time and a cup of coffee.
    The up and coming dictatorial crews at the UN from time to time put out lists of the most dangerous countries, (http://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/data-and-analysis/statistics/crime/global-study-on-homicide-2011.html) usually quietly with no fanfare, replete with a premade package of excuses why the problem’s actually the result of European, US (someone with $$$) diddling. Numbers of NGOs do the same, especially in individual areas of interest such as violence against women.
    The US never finds its way into the top 10 and I can’t remember the last time it was even in the top 20; HOWEVER just about all of the lists, governmentalish and NGOs, put the vast majority of the most violent countries in African and Central America/Caribbean.
    If we look at Mexico, Honduras Guatemala, Belize, Jamaica and El Salvador we see they’re largely in the top ten and just about always in the top twenty – and they’re HERE! The POtuS has been so good as to set up an airline flight from El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala to the US (http://www.state.gov/j/prm/releases/factsheets/2014/234067.htm) so that children of immigrants ‘legally’ (define ‘legally’) in the US can get their niños to the free-stuff trough with all haste. Of course biological relationship to the parent here must be proved (define ‘proved’) and some sort of half-assed methods will be used to check the children’s’ criminal backgrounds – and if you believe that…
    My personal favorite is Mandelaville, as in South Africa. It’s always way up there in the body count but what really hits home is that it’s rape figures are sky high. There are no firm figures as many go unreported or, like – oh, let”s say – New Orleans the authorities reclassify them as consensual/non-rapes. Conservative figures are around 50,000 raps a year though I know some who say they are far higher than that but the most striking statistic is that nearly 50% of those rapes are child rapes. Surprisingly even liberal organizations and news services are starting to report on the widespread child rapes in their shining example of post-apartheid Mandelaland. So you can take your pick of which crimes you would like to highlight in South Africa but you can’t ignore the fact that despite strict gun control that occurred when they took those guns away from the evil Afrikaaners it’s a dicey place to live.
    I’m sure that if we bitter clingers just start thinking progressively and let the government have all of those excess firearms we wallow in that, at some bright and shining moment in the future, those immigrants from the top ten most violent countries in the world whom we are letting flood in will join hands with us in The New Pepperland where there will be no need for self protection. There will be casualties along the way to progressive nirvana but they will be honored as martyrs to understanding and ritual sacrifices to atone for the damages the Europeans and their descendents did to these once peaceful and lotus-eating native peoples to so disrupt their lives.

5. Pingback: #1 with a bullet - Shooting Sports Forum

6. lovemygirl says:

How can we get things like this so everyone is aware and they get excited about stomping the gun control nuts into the ground? The “choir” knows and so many non gun owners thqt support the 2ND just shrug at the gun control laws but we need to get them excited about beating back the Medieval darkness of the Left.

7. MissyW says:

I grew up in a very “liberal” state and moved away 20+ years ago instilled with its anti-gun, anti-self-defense rhetoric. In time, I came to realize I felt like a sitting duck while living in a nation where I had the right to bear arms. Now, I would NEVER consider moving back there or anywhere my right to protect myself is restricted. The idea of that is repugnant to me.

I now live in a state where I do not have to “retreat” first if someone breaks into MY HOME or MY CAR, nor do I have to prove I was in imminent danger of losing life or limb before defending myself with deadly force because it is PRESUMED (as it should be) that if someone is unlawfully in my home or my car that they’re up to no good, so I don’t have to wait for them to make the first deadly move. If someone kicks in my front door or sneaks in through a window what are they there for, a freaking tea party?

The only thing gun control will do is keep law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves. Who in their right mind would ever willingly give up that right, or not make use of it? No one.

8. F.D.R. in Hell says:

I didn’t want to derail this thread earlier, so…here’s “Number Two with a Bullet”…