Ron Paul Institute: Charlie Hebdo Attack A “False Flag” Just Like 9/11…

HatTip Weaselzippers:  The article has been deleted (Hi Rand!) but you can still see it via Google cache.  Obviously someone at the Ron Paul institute realized how looney this appears – but not before it was widely read and shared.

ron paul 1(Via Weekly Standard) An institute named for the father of possible presidential candidate Rand Paul has published a piece saying the Charlie Hebdo massacre, like 9/11, was a false flag operation. The claim comes in piece titled, “Charlie Hebdo Shootings: False Flag?,” put online today at the Ron Paul Institute:

“The Charlie Hebdo affair has many of the characteristics of a false flag operation. The attack on the cartoonists’ office was a disciplined professional attack of the kind associated with highly trained special forces; yet the suspects who were later corralled and killed seemed bumbling and unprofessional. It is like two different sets of people,” reads the first paragraph of the piece:

Usually Muslim terrorists are prepared to die in the attack; yet the two professionals who hit Charlie Hebdo were determined to escape and succeeded, an amazing feat. Their identity was allegedly established by the claim that they conveniently left for the authorities their ID in the getaway car. Such a mistake is inconsistent with the professionalism of the attack and reminds me of the undamaged passport found miraculously among the ruins of the two WTC towers that served to establish the identity of the alleged 9/11 hijackers. …

If we believe the official story, the 9/11 attack on the US shows that 19 Muslims, largely Saudis, without any government or intelligence service support, outwitted not only all 16 US intelligence agencies, the National Security Council, Dick Cheney and all the neoconservatives in high positions throughout the US government, and airport security, but also the intelligence services of NATO and Israel’s Mossad. How can such intelligent and capable people, who delivered the most humiliating blow in world history to an alleged Superpower with no difficulty whatsoever despite giving every indication of their intentions, possibly be so stupid as to shoot themselves in the head when they could have thrown France into turmoil with a mere lawsuit?  (read more)  and (google Cache here)

12a-Ron_Paul-550x378

The joooos, it was the joooooos !!

This entry was posted in Conspiracy ?, Islam, Jihad, Magical Thinking, Occupy Type Moonbats, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Terrorist Attacks, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

189 Responses to Ron Paul Institute: Charlie Hebdo Attack A “False Flag” Just Like 9/11…

1. Aslan's Girl says:

Oh, dear. Sabotaging his son’s campaign in the cradle! LOL.

2. BertDilbert says:

About the Author…

Paul Craig Roberts (born April 3, 1939) is an American economist and a columnist for Creators Syndicate. He served as an Assistant Secretary of the Treasury in the Reagan Administration and was noted as a co-founder of Reaganomics.[1] He is a former editor and columnist for the Wall Street Journal, Business Week, and Scripps Howard News Service. He has testified before congressional committees on 30 occasions on issues of economic policy.

• machine_screw says:

Thanks for that. The article is actually still up on the site. No need to slum it in google cache pages. Something doesn’t pass the smell test here. When the Protocols were posted on one of RP’s site forums a while back, it wasn’t his doing. I doubt RP himself moderates anything on these sites. Especially where random internuts have access. This article isn’t from a random internut, so in that sense the claims being made against him might grow some legs. Either way, damage done, amirite?

On the day of the shootings I got a call from a friend & he mentioned the video in question above. We all have a friend like this, who tends to gravitate towards conspiracies. Some of us probably are that friend. In any case, I downloaded it for him & posted it on an anonymous youtube account, just because I could. I instantly agreed that the shooting looked sketchy, but I don’t subscribe to this ready-made conspiracy. Still, why use this to attack RP, or the new RP by virtue of the old RP? The evidence for any wacko ideas coming directly from RP is entirely ambiguous, just like the CO2 cycle & climate change. Anyone who tells you that the evidence points to one extreme or the other is probably trying to sell something. Without jumping to conclusions, there’s just nothing to see here. If I’m missing some substantial detail, someone please correct me.

• BertDilbert says:

There appears to be something personal going on between the workings of this website and Ron/Rand Paul. I know of them but not a rabid fan of theirs either. This and the prior Ron Paul attack seem to be uncalled for and not justified. Ron probably has little or nothing to do with the daily postings on that site. Sundance was somehow able to take Mr. Roberts thought and attach them to Ron Paul saying it was the Joooos. I think this kind of behavior detracts from the credibility of this website.

3. des10emaye says:

whats with the preemptive tactic bringing up Jews? WTH is going on here these days?

4. des10emaye says:

watch the video of the two terrorists shooting the cop on the ground.

No further questions.

• Be Ge says:

I kept re-playing the part where the two attackers seem to exchange a few words after the shooting the officer on the ground. To me it still sounds like Russian. There is some anecdotical evidence circulating around Russian and Ukrainian social media the attackers were actually Chechen-Russian special forces in action. To me, the videos put more questions than they provide answers.

• stella says:

I have one – a question, that is. What if the media mischaracterized the contents of the video, out of ignorance? The media never does anything like that, right? And other media outlets don’t pick up the original, do they?

There are many other such examples – see YouTube.

5. auscitizenmom says:

{banging head on wall} I am just dumfounded. I don’t even know what to say.

6. Daniel says:

Actually, it’s not necessary to contend that it was “the jooz.” The word “patsy” comes to mind. Do an assault and give the public a patsy. Then the public can feel safer and that something has been done given that the perpetrators are not believed to be at large.

You don’t have to go back to 9/11 to see this — you can go back much further — to the Kennedy assassination if you like. Oswald was probably not supposed to have been captured alive. Then when he was going to be able to speak on record? He was taken down. The alleged must never be allowed to speak out and mess up the narrative right?

I’m not saying that’s what happened in this case, but I am saying that this pattern seems to exist and frankly, it makes a huge amoung of sense. Now to determine a motive from all of this? It’s hard to say. One could theorize a great deal but little else.

I think Obama was misquoted. It’s “Hoax and Chains” not Hope and Change.

7. Tom Sawyer says:

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before you have all the evidence. It biases the judgement.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

There are many anomalies in the reports of the Charlie Hebdo incident. Most on this site question media reports. Why does it now seem that most on this site completely believe the media reports concerning Charlie Hebdo? Is it because Muslims are being identified as the perps? Did you SEE the perps? Are you aware of Black Opps?… and how sophisticated they are?…. and how the media has deep ties with the intel agencies?

• stella says:

If I have good reason to doubt a media report, I doubt it. Other than specious claims by the usual “truthers”, I haven’t been given a reason to question the main story line. Maybe others think that way too.

Have moslems perpetrated terrorist attacks like this before? Yes. Was the target attacked before? Yes. Was the target threatened by islamic extremists? Yes.

• Tom Sawyer says:

What you just described is a perfect scenario to be exploited for a false flag opp.

People need to take a careful look into the available information and evidence.

Among numerous anomalies: Screaming “Allahu Akbar” and “We have avenged the Prophet Mohammed” sounds cartoonishly scripted. It is up to thinking Americans to read between the lines.

• stella says:

You can believe what you like. I don’t intend to chase crazy conspiracy theories when there is no reason to do so.

• Tom Sawyer says:

Those who close their minds to evidentiary possibilities would not make very good police detectives And, if they were police detectives, even more crimes would go unsolved.

• stella says:

It is not my job to investigate a crime committed on another continent, based only upon “evidence” available on the internet. And the cause of the crime isn’t even seriously questioned. I repeat. The target was repeatedly threatened by islamic extremists, the target has been previously fire bombed by islamic extremists, and AQAP has said that they helped plan and finance the operation.

• BitterC says:

And speaking of detectives, the “suicide” of the chief inspector of this episode is also cause for pause. Depression is often mitigated when a person has a purpose and if investigating this attack did not give the Inspector purpose?

• stella says:

Have you heard of any other terrorist attacks where the attacker screamed “Allahu Akbar”? I have, so why do you consider it to be cartoonishly scripted?

The most prominent in my mind is the Ft. Hood massacre. Do you deny that the shooter actually shot those people, or that he was moslem, or that he shouted “Allahu Akbar”?

• Les says:

I’m glad they are finally giving the victims battlefield status and benefits for the injuries they suffered. It was a long time coming. I’m going to ignore the other poster as I have nothing nice to say.

Now if we would recognize the other victims of Islamic Terrorism who have been murdered on US soil…

• Ziiggii says:

is there not an admission from those in Yemen who are taking public responsibility? The trail for this event has already been traced back to Samir Kahn, the American born media mouthpiece of the terrorists and his “besty” Cleric. This has been reported on our local news because Samir lived here in our community before he ended up in Yemen with his “magazine” training manual.

I enjoy reading Infowars from time to time, because it can help one think outside of the box on larger issues at play in an event. But, rarely, if ever, do I swallow the pill for which they proscribe. None the less it is an amusement for me to read the “creative minds” that produce such “theories”. I get a chuckle almost always.

I think some of Ron’s followers have been spending to much time with Alex and George Noory!

• Daniel says:

How about “a shot to the head” without blood and the dust-impact about a foot or so in front of the policeman?

• stella says:

I’ve seen other video analysis that casts doubt on those conclusions. Video quality has a huge affect on what is there, and what you are able to see.

• stella says:

There are only a few frames of very jumpy poor quality video of the shooting, and the victim has his back to the camera. If there is blood from an exit wound, it would most likely be hidden by his body.

ADD: A bullet’s trajectory, if it travels through a body, isn’t a straight line.

8. lovemygirl says:

I think the RP blimp is a top secret anti gravity machine created by the Mossad.

9. lovemygirl says:

I’m truly disgusted by the 9/11 Troofer types. They dishonor the victims and hero’s of 9/11 with their childish fantasies and that is enough to make me ill.

• czarowniczy says:

Tell me about it, we had people from the MI unit I was attached to actually working in one of the Towers on 911 and they sure didn’t remember any of the strange goings-on later folks with no physical connection to the attack reported. Favorite explanations here are: (a) they were sacrificial goats to be left in place by the (fill in the blank, usually done with ‘ZOG’) government agents to make the event seem more plausible, (b) they were actually too close to the event to clearly see the Big Picture.
      I’m really sort of tired of the usual Anti-SemiteS sort of hinting around the idea that Israel had a hand in the 911 WTC attack, my favorite bit of ‘proof’ being the mysterious warning that all of the Jews working in the WTCs received pre-911 and that none showed up for work. That must have been news to the 500+ Jews who died in the attack – or maybe their being listed as Jews was another cunning piece of trickery by the ZOG
      Yes, there were people who put the scenario of the Bad Guys using planes as missiles to attack major buildings in the US AND there were people who knew the Muslims would attack the WTC again after their first failure. There were even people who put the two together, including Rick Rescorla, WTC security director, who died in the attack after predicting for years it would occur. Those with convenient memories seem to forget the 1999 Bojinca conspiracy which was the father of the 911 – exact same scenario with a minor logistics twist and a larger target field. A lot of government, both civilian and military, were sure that the WTC would be attacked again and the plane scenario did come up in bar talk BUT the airlines industry is heavily resistant to any measures that would slow down the flying cattle throughput process – not that even after Bojinka the airlines refused to beef-up security procedures and allowed (with government approval) lesser levels of security at smaller airline terminals, a loophole the 911 Islamic terrorists exploited to their benefit.
      Another morning I don’t really need coffee to start the day.
      BTW, has the Obama/Holder collective released the buried proof yet that 911 was a Bush/Cheney conspiracy?

• How does speculating that the assassins/executioners might be Chechen (not my first choice – I lean toward Russians, but that’s just me) rather than Algerians, dishonor the victims? They are still all Islamic terrorists.

Have you seen the news that Russia cut off the gas supply to six European countries? Bulgaria, Greece, Macedonia, Romania, Croatia and Turkey all reported a halt in gas shipments from Russia through Ukraine. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-01-14/russia-cuts-ukraine-gas-supply-6-european-countries

Something is definitely up – I just have no idea what it is. But I certainly think we should continue to maintain our skeptical attitude toward the mainstream media.

10. czarowniczy says:

Doesn’t do much towards giving me a warm fuzzy for the guy. The time to have deleted it was BEFORE he put it up, and if it was his staff that did it without his knowledge then why would we care to elect someone who makes such lousy staff choices at such an elementary level? emember, this would be the guy with the nuke football in his lap; ‘Oh! I didn’t mean to push the button’ just ain’t gonna cut it.“
    Usually Muslim terrorists are prepared to die in the attack; yet the two professionals who hit Charlie Hebdo were determined to escape and succeeded…” Who said they weren’t prepared to die? What evidence do they have that this was a SUICIDE attack and not just a terrorist attack meant to inflict casualties? There are dozens of attacks where Islamic/Muslim terrorists have made getaway plans and have had members fight o the death on the way out. Gratuitous leap there Mssr Rand.

11. tgmccoy says:

This is a story of 9/11 and a man whose
    combat boots Ron Paul does not deserve
    to carry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Rescorla

• auscitizenmom says:

Thank you for that link. I did not know about Mr. Rescorla. I read his story with great interest and not a few tears. He truly was a hero and he tried to raise the alarm for so long.

• rashomon says:

Yes, thank you. A relative worked for Morgan Stanley at the time and Mr. Rescorla efforts saved thousands. The article in the 2/11/92 issue of the New Yorker is very well done, too.

12. Tom Sawyer says:

The article was not taken down from the Ron Paul Institute site.

13. cohibadad says:

I was waiting for someone to say it as soon as I heard about the IDs in the car. A guy at work had his car broken into not long ago. He found a woman’s ID left behind. Either she dropped it by accident or someone with her ID dropped it, but I doubt it was a false flag.

• cohibadad says:

Actually, I’m working with the guy today so I asked for the whole story. He found her ID, a crack pipe and her parole officers card left behind in his vehicle. She told the cops she dropped her ID on the ground and someone planted it and the drug paraphernalia in his Jeep to frame her. She wasn’t charged with anything. My friend had his wallet stolen with his daughters pictures and his old military ID that had sentimental value so he tracked her down and offered her $50 for his memorabilia back, to which she offered to kick his ass and he said bringit anytime you like. The cops then told him to stop it and said he is harassing her and he should stop because she is hooked up with a big drug gang, to which he said, kinda lends credibility to the claim that it was her crack pipe and she did the breaking in dontya think? So it might sound unbelievable that someone would leave their ID behind to identify themselves, but it happens without a doubt.

14. Tom Sawyer says:

I’ve never heard Ron Paul blame anything on Joooos. Ron Paul has said that Arab Muslims were responsible for 9/11, which shows that he’s not always right.

15. Tom Sawyer says:

The title of this article by theconservativetreehouse is deceiving as it does not include the question mark as the Ron Paul Institute clearly does.

• stella says:

I don’t think it makes much difference, as the author’s opinion is clear:

FTA: Americans are a pitifully misinformed people. All of history is a history of false flag operations. Yet Americans dismiss such proven operations as “conspiracy theories,” which merely proves that government has successfully brainwashed insouciant Americans and deprived them of the ability to recognize the truth.

Americans are the foremost among the captive nations.

Who will liberate them?

If you have read anything else by the same author, there is no doubt that it is his conclusion that the Paris operation is a false flag.

ADD: The full title appears in the body of the article here.

• Tom Sawyer says:

So…. you don’t like his opinion? What do you think of the valid points Paul Craig Roberts makes?

Are you aware that the US has over 300million people? And, that a great majority of them are uninformed?…. and, that that naïveté is being exploited by the news generators? That is why Mr. Roberts says that Americans are captive. Most are not as informed as inquiring people who deliberate information from below the radar, as sundance on the Jessica Chambers case does.

• stella says:

He has written a book, published in 2014, that is jam packed with conspiracy theories. You may agree with him, or not, but the fact is that the title of the article here is not in the least bit misleading about the content of his, which is the contention I was answering in my comment.

• Tom Sawyer says:

EVERY police investigation of crimes committed by more than one person start with a theory of what was behind the conspiracy involving two or more people. Be it a robbery, murder, rape, etc. Just because someone puts forth a theory (however, Paul Craig Roberts puts forth many facts) does NOT mean it is fictional or delusional.

• stella says:

Let me be more specific. I don’t agree with HIS 9/11 conspiracy theory. I don’t agree with HIS Paris conspiracy theory.

• rashomon says:

Monsieur l’abbé, I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write.
                ~~Voltaire, letter to M. le Riche, February 6, 1770

• Tom Sawyer says:

Well… that’s just an opinion. Mr. Roberts incorporates sound evidence that deserves serious deliberation. Anyone with cognitive dissonance can choose to ignore facts. Shouting Mr. Roberts down and screaming “conspiracy theorist” is not productive.

• ytz4mee says:

The question mark is included when quoting the piece in the body of the article.

The inclusion or exclusion of the “question mark” doesn’t change the viewpoint.

16. georgiafl says:

Here’s the real Islam – a centuries-long bloodbath:

h/t – Dan Greenfield, The Point, Frontpage Magazine

• ytz4mee says:

Yes. Whenever Islam clashes with any other group, terror is the MO.

• Tom Sawyer says:

So why is multiculturalism accepted as a valid social structure?

• rashomon says:

And why doesn’t it work well on most of the African continent, in Saudi Arabia or China, Korea, Japan? Interesting question.

• ytz4mee says:

Please don’t feed the trolls.

• Tom Sawyer says:

Anyone who makes controversial comments is a troll? Is it the objective of this site to strictly hammer a one-sided argument and force a unsubstantiated ideology? In order to consolidate conservatism, all programmed reactionary responses must be taken lightly while considering difficult realities.

• stella says:

Maybe you should ask yourself why others might think you are a troll? Too introspective? Have you been prevented from expressing your opinion? NO. But if somebody else questions you, then we are one-sided and forcing an unsubstantiated ideology? Au contraire, you are the one who is pushing unsubstantiated conspiracy nonsense. Really.

• Tom Sawyer says:

Yes – Several of my postings have been deleted.

The masses have been proved miserably wrong in many accounts throughout history.

Take a look at your own gang mentality.

• ytz4mee says:

You have reached the juncture where you are arguing solely for the sake of arguing or trying to force others to accept YOUR viewpoint. That is classic troll behavior. You have been given several opportunities to state your case, received a “no sale” and yet you persist.

That is lending nothing of value to the conversation. This is exactly the type of behavior that sends a thread sidewise, and from my viewpoint, diminishes the value of what I, as a plankowner here, tried to build. I can’t speak for the other mods but I’m done with your kind. Allowing you a platform isn’t enough and it will never be enough. Fundamentalist evangelizing, no matter what the “cause” is always offensive.

• Ziiggii says:

the tell tell sign of the sock puppet troll in any discussion/forum.

• Les says:

Comrade: Abort attempt to reprogram via ParrotSpeak. Refresh propaganda database.

HiveMind

lol

Quote from comment re: Rand Paul’s Cuba Risk 22DEC2015:
                December 22, 2014 at 1:50 pm
                “In recent years, the GOP has re-defined “Conservatism” as an oppositional reactionary response to anything proposed by President Obama.”

Quote NPR article re: A Rand Paul White House Path… 22APR2013
                December 22, 2014 at 1:50 pm
                “…promotes emotional and reactionary responses among conservatives…”

Quote Alternet re: The Truth About The Conservative Mind 29JAN2012
                “Given the reactionary thruST [sic] of conservatism, Occupy Wall Street may turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to the right. “

There are thousand and thousands more.

I get bored with the same regurgitated BS. People think the “big words” hide the parrot syndrome, but it doesn’t. An old professor gave me some sage advice early in career: Never use a fifty cent word when a five cent word will work just as well.

Think for yourself sometime. You will agree at times and disagree at other times. If you DON’T, you have a problem. You are a sheep. Baa.

• Roy says:

Doesn’t Islam clash with EVERY other group? And when there is no one else within reach, they clash with each other. They are incompatible with life.

• ytz4mee says:

Point taken. My DH spent a year embedded directly with the Iraqi forces. A great deal of his time and attention was taken up with mediating/preventing the internal bloodlust feuds between various factions of competing internal muslim groups.

Westerners are horrified about what the islamists wrought inside the west. They couldn’t handle the depravity of what they do to each other, within the islamic states. (((shudders))).

• auscitizenmom says:

YES. THIS. Islam is “incompatible with life”. I think that is it.

17. Moishe Pipik says:

It’s a desperate attempt to bring the extreme left and the anarchists, who often work together (Occupy, for example) under the Ron Paul umbrella. There are many groups that hate the Joooos (you have to say it with 4 syllables, the way [M]Alice Walker does).

• Tom Sawyer says:

Why does everyone on this site hate Ron Paul? What has he done that is so bad?

• lovemygirl says:

It ‘s his conspiracy minded followers that I detest. RP is just horribly misguided on his foreign policy beliefs but he influences many albeit a small percentage Into believing that strict isolationism works, it doesn’t.

• Les says:

You are reacting to differing opinions with accusations of hate. I don’t include either Paul in my lexicon, don’t care much either way. I am speaking for myself. Notice I didn’t make a blanket statement including all others reading this comment.

Don’t assume. You aren’t the master of the mind of others. Let that sink in for a minute.

If you still need reassurance and an agreeable following, ask yourself why you need such support from strangers. If you are allowed your own thoughts, why must others share your view?

I think most people are weirdly needy.

18. booger71 says:

Ron Paul and his Institute do a fairly good job on economic matters, but when it delves into foreign policy they go off into a parallel universe it seems. Ron often claims that the Founders were non interventionists. Well in the respect of fighting continual wars and Nation building, they weren’t, but they did send Ambassadors to all the civilized countries of the time and try to influence trade and to get better deals for a fledgling Republic, and when the Moeslims started attacking our trade ships Jefferson sent in the Navy and Marines and squashed them for decades. Al Quieda already claimed responsibility for the attack, so unless they are in league with the Jews, this assumption is ludicrous.

• Tom Sawyer says:

US/EU intel and media say Al Qaeda said they did it. Does that make it so?

• booger71 says:

We get it..you like and defend Ron Paul

• stella says:

Are the video pics of the AQAP representative faked?

Really. You say these half-baked things, and we are supposed to disprove them? How about you disproving what appears to be the truth? Just don’t do it here unless you have a link to incontrovertible facts that you are correct.

• Ziiggii says:

From the Halls of Montezuma
      To the shores of Tripoli;</b>
      We fight our country’s battles
      In the air, on land, and sea;
      First to fight for right and freedom
      And to keep our honor clean;
      We are proud to claim the title
      Of <b>United States Marine.</b>

YEAH, those were MY brothers in arms….

I agree the foreign policies are a thorn in my side with the Libertarian view. Fiscal policy… I eat that up all day long. But RP has fallen off the wagon over the last few years (IMO) regurgitating these types of absurd notions. It’s no wonder Rand has been trying to distance himself from his father. He wants to conserve any political clout he has left for his own future.

19. Michael Dixon says:

The joooos, it was the joooooos !!

Whoever placed those words under the photo of Ron Paul is dishonest. Those are not his words.

But we don’t really expect to find intellectual honesty in attacks on Ron Paul, do we? In some circles it’s cool to attack Paul, facts notwithstanding.

The article published by his institute was written by Paul Craig Roberts, the brainiest and most insightful commenter on the current scene I know, with the possible exception of Thomas Sowell.
    Roberts and many other researchers have exposed the 9/11/01 false flag attack for what it was.

That hoax as well as the Boston Marathon explosions and this latest massacre in Paris have a common trademark: Dumb Muslin patsies, well known to the FBI, CIA and other intelligence agencies, who conveniently leave behind identifying materials such as the passport found on the sidewalk in New York City.

Voila! They are quickly identified by the authorities. Anyone who believes the official explanation of these false flag events is – there’s no other word for it – a fool. How naive can one be?

Ron Paul, Paul Craig Roberts, James Corbett and many other observers point out the inconvenient truths. And what do they get from the non-thinkers in the media? Ridicule. It’s so much easier to swallow the official narrative than to objectively analyzing the available data and apply logic to it.

• stella says:

To me, they are not inconvenient truths. I don’t know what happened to Paul Craig Roberts, but I don’t think he makes the case. Sorry. Mr. Paul should stick to economic issues.

• stella says:

Mr. Paul may not “hate” the Jews, but he has said that we shouldn’t have rescued the Jews in WWII, and that we shouldn’t support Israel, and he tends to gravitate towards anti-Israel groups.

• Tom Sawyer says:

It was the declared war against Germany by Britain (and unofficially by the US) that caused Jewish suffering during WW2. The Germans had an arrangement with Jews called the Haavara Agreement which peacefully and equitably relocated Jews to Palestine. The war ended that…..

….and the US is unfairly extracting money from Americans to give massive undeserved excessive support to Israel. Israel has a bottomless list of bad behavior because they are emboldened by unflinching US support.

• stella says:

On this day in 1939, in response to Hitler’s invasion of Poland, Britain and France, both allies of the overrun nation declare war on Germany.

The first casualty of that declaration was not German—but the British ocean liner Athenia, which was sunk by a German U-30 submarine that had assumed the liner was armed and belligerent. There were more than 1,100 passengers on board, 112 of whom lost their lives. Of those, 28 were Americans, but President Roosevelt was unfazed by the tragedy, declaring that no one was to “thoughtlessly or falsely talk of America sending its armies to European fields.” The United States would remain neutral.

As for Britain’s response, it was initially no more than the dropping of anti-Nazi propaganda leaflets—13 tons of them—over Germany. They would begin bombing German ships on September 4, suffering significant losses. They were also working under orders not to harm German civilians. The German military, of course, had no such restrictions. France would begin an offensive against Germany’s western border two weeks later. Their effort was weakened by a narrow 90-mile window leading to the German front, enclosed by the borders of Luxembourg and Belgium—both neutral countries. The Germans mined the passage, stalling the French offensive.

So, if the Jews had played nice, and emigrated to Palestine, and left their worldly goods behind, Germany would leave them alone? How nice of the Nazis!

• William says:

The moonbats talk about false flag. A red flag for me is when someone criticize America’s support for Israel, neglecting to mention that Israel is not the only recipient of America’s financial assistance. Pretty much everything for them revolves around the Jews. They may couch their irrationality and paranoia in duplicity, but they are antisemitic bigots plain and simple. It is a way of thinking that they share with the Mohammedans.

• wondering999 says:

The Gleiwitz Incident was part of the beginning of WWII, a false flag excuse for the Germans to invade Poland. The following is Wiki, so I’m wary; but all the same it’s interesting

• auscitizenmom says:

“undeserved excessive support to Israel” If you had said this about Palestinians, I wouldnt have argued with you, but I think you are just an anti-semite.

• tovex11 says:

Spent a year in Israel, never felt safer and welcomed in my life. I detest anyone calling for its destruction. Soon we will be rid of our glorious leader, one of the largest haters of our ally, number one would be Nazi Germany. No one ask how I vote, I like to keep that secret, and no, I am not Jewish.

• manickernel says:

Well I just made up my mind. If you are voting for RP (either one) I am not. Thaniks!

• @Tom Sawyer. Until your comment above at 12:33 pm, no one has ever exposed the exact lie that leads to Holocaust denial. Frankly, I had thought that Leftists made up the notion that there was such a thing as a Holocaust denier. Now, I see that is not true.

You have demonstrated the wrong notions that lead to that lie in fewer than three full sentences, then you add insult to injury by making baseless, untrue accusations against Israel.

I am truly sorry for you, Mr. Sawyer, for the sick, twisted thought processes that must torture you nightly.

• “no one has ever disclosed (add:to my satisfaction) the exact…”
            Sorry, typing too fast.

• Lucille says:

Agree with your last paragraph totally, Investing. Thank you! I’m sitting here reading his comments, sighing, rolling my eyes and kicking my computer stand. Anti-Semitism is on the rise and I completely despise seeing it in print anywhere.

Sha’alu Shalom Yerushalayim!

20. partyzantski says:

This topic is a veritable minefield.

Is it conceivable that progs have infiltrated the RP Institute to create a Golem under their control?
    Is it more soothing to believe that, or that RP is a dangerous, geriatric nutter? Perhaps it is not an either/or, but both? Neither? Some unholy combination with other elements?

It is sobering to think that the RP Institute- a platform with some degree of national recognition (if it was not, this would not be news) would run such a piece.

21. Tkim says:

There are people harassing the families of 9/11, Newtown, and every high profile tragedy in recent years. If the conspiracy theorists didn’t do this I wouldn’t have a problem with them. Once they begin disrupting memorials, stealing playground signs and taunting parents with phone calls and emails they brought out the ire in many decent people.

Nothing bad ever happens. Every terrorist act or lone gunman is a thousand layer deep conspiracy that requires the silence of millions. And their spouses and kids. My Aunt Joyce has NEVER been asked to participate in any rogue coverup because she sings like bird if you tell her anything.

I also wonder why the co-conspirators (thousands of low level mumblers) don’t put the screws to the perpetrators of Dat Big Hoax and demand a billion bucks? Rumor has it our government wastes that much on Pentagon toilets and butterfly research.

We get three score and ten to enjoy this marvelous world, hold loved ones and read poems. I could spend an afternoon trying to figure who shot John, but the clock ticks on all human beings. I want to gobble up sunsets and hot coffee and Keats, then slip into heaven exhausted and satisfied. But I will be sure one day to ask God Himself if everything bad was a covert operation or just His children, as we have always done with free will, acting like little monsters.

• rashomon says:

“…three score and ten…”? You’re beginning to sound like Zeke Emanuel, and it makes me nervous as I’m overdue for my meeting with the euthanasia planning board. /sarc

What draws many to TCTH are the insightful discussions on various topics affecting our lives and, potentially, highly impacting the lives of our children, grandchildren and the future of our country. Politics and religion make for time bombs in any room (tree), but this site has managed to treat such topics with respect and room for diverse opinions.

Whatever triggered this debate should be walked back to where inflammatory language and name-calling don’t hold sway. Much needs to be explored, uncovered and discussed if our citizens are to unite under those who can bring back our nation under a Constitution befitting us all.

• 7delta says:

Yep. But I don’t think they’re without purpose.

Does it seem to anyone else that the whole conspiracy theory industry has been in overdrive, oh…say, over the last 6-7 years? Ya know, like what Van Jones said about calling everything a conspiracy theory, even if it’s true, especially those kinda shady things, like F&F, the IRS and Benghazi. Nothing to see here. All right wing conspiracy theories, as if the left has never drummed up their own, like 9-11.

So, if you really want to distract, disrupt and discredit, plant them yourself, so that when there really is something conspiratorial you don’t want anyone to seriously investigate, you call it a conspiracy theory, then point to those people that go on and on about Sandy Hook, 9-11, the Boston Bombing… Never let a good crisis go without a good conspiracy theory.

Sandy Hook one is the one that sticks in my craw. According to the “folks who have exposed the truth”, the school was really a closed school, no kids died and all the people involved were crisis actors. Logic much? I’ll settle for a little common sense. Tens of thousands of people living in that town and every single one of them was bought off or threatened, as well as all their families and friends in other cities, states and countries? Not one soul has any principles or morals and wouldn’t lie about something so horrific, no matter what? Apparently, they’re all in on it.

The cardinal rule for false flags: People must die. Read that again. The horror factor is imperative. If someone will instigate a false flag of the magnitude like the ones above, they. will. kill. They don’t hire crisis actors. They kill. They don’t care that people die. The loose ends of not doing it right are too risky, too complicated, and too avoidable to not do the job right. That’s the nature of the beast.

Conspiracy theories are the conspiracy. They are constructed to keep you busy, so you won’t notice the real working strategies, but if you do, who the heck would believe you, Mr. Sandy Hook?

Oh, and the it’s-the-Jews things. That has the fingerprints of the KGB. Seriously, propaganda/disinformation 101. Plus, whenever fascists need a scapegoat, their first choice is always the Jews. Expect it to pick up. We’re headed in that direction.

22. lovemygirl says:

The stupidity of the conspiracy types is amazing. They acuse every one else of being simple minded and yet it is they that clearly are. One just posted that they believe 9/11 and Boston were false flags. How brain dead do you have to be to believe that nonsense?

I’d normally just laugh at them but their lies do actual harm. I’m done with ignoring hatred of the Jews and hatred of the truth. There are many debunking sites out there but they repeat idiocy like how could a passport sùrvive? Gee, I have no problem figuring it out bur they can’t seem to do anything but repeat easily disproven silliness.

I’ve been debating whether to hit the post key or not but my disgust for seeing their drivel is overriding my manners. My nephew narrowly escaped 9/11, I lost coworkers and my neice was supposed to be at the finish line in Boston and her friend was injured there. These conspiracy idiots anger me with their lies and silly stories that can’t pass middle school logic level.

• stella says:

I agree. Just one thing about the passport. There were many pieces of paper recovered after 9/11, including driver’s licenses, wallets, purses, etc, not to mention bodies and parts of bodies, and other items both from the buildings and from the planes.

• lovemygirl says:

The real question is why they would think everything would be totally consumed in the first place. It’s not as silly as their inability to grasp the concept of gravity operating the same all over the planet when they speak of the buildings falling at free fall speed or falling in its own footprint type silliness.

• Cyber says:

It’s the same “thinking” that led them to believe the “missile instead of a plane” conspiracy theory, having to do with the Pentagon on 9/11. They essentially couldn’t understand how a 737 doesn’t leave a cartoon cutout of a 737 in reinforced concrete, and why there wasn’t a bunch of bodies when essentially the entire cabin was more or less vaporized by the forces of the collision. Oh, and even the brief footage of the plane didn’t convince them, still had to be a missile. Never mind air traffic control tracked it pretty much the whole way. I had an acquaintance who worked there and saw the whole thing, he’s a lawyer. But, anyway, IT WAS A MISSILE!

• ytz4mee says:

On the whole, I don’t think there is anything wrong with constructing alternative scenarios. Actually, it’s healthy. One of my professors in undergrad forced us to all be contrarians of each other’s work. It was quite instructive.

However – once an alternative theory has been reviewed and deconstructed and found wanting, it should be discarded. The issue I have is that they refuse to admit that their premise is flawed and reject any information that doesn’t support their hypothesis.

• gainny says:

The collapse of Building 7 remains a mystery. Gravity alone cannot explain the contained collapse of this 47-floor steel-framed building—the only collapse of its kind in the history of steel-framed buildings. Have you watched the videos of the collapse?

• Pam says:

Only we don’t have any logic taught anymore (well hardly any), which leads directly to gullible and easily-led minds, just what some in power want.

• ytz4mee says:

It also leads to a belief system that is tethered to emotion. When you deconstruct what the majority of Democrats/Progressives/Paulbots believe, it is emotion-driven, not driven dispassionately by fact or logic. They cling to the few morsels of “fact” that support their emotional buy-in, while discarding that which does not reinforce their belief system. Their entire belief system is fed by confirmation bias.

I find them all very tiresome. Even when confronted with the absolute fraud of their belief system, they refuse to capitulate. (ie: the fraudulent manipulation of data to invent the premise of “climate change”, part of the inviolable Prog orthodoxy being one such example).

• doodahdaze says:

And all the time the answer is in simple math, and the US debt clock.

• stella says:

Paul’s beliefs about the economy are another discussion entirely, ddd. At least that is my opinion.

• doodahdaze says:

Well according to the clock. I owe$185,000. But I have no debts and own everything I have. Plus I have a “personal debt of 52k. So if they can keep this scheme (ponzi) going I will be surprised. But I do not count on them. Paul is Paul. He thinks 911 is a scam. Ahh dunno. I do know that before it came down there were news reports it would. Just dunnno.

• doodahdaze says:

How could any rational citizen study the debtclock.org and not realize what is going on? It is there for all to see. I don’t get it.

• ytz4mee says:

Because everyone wants to party for just one more day.
            They’ll worry about the cleanup “tomorrow”.

• doodahdaze says:

It is,what it is. Seems not to be addressed anywhere.

• doodahdaze says:

In fact if you applied for a loan and gave this as your credit report………..

• ytz4mee says:

Meh. As I’ve told my children, repudiate the debt. They should feel no obligation to “repay” the excesses of the ideologues. Iceland repudiated the bankster debt and tried and jailed some of the most egregious felonious banksters that precipitated the crisis. The creation of derivative swaps is mythology of the highest order, to the benefit of a small cadre that “created” “something” out of “nothing”.

Those who can still produce real things with real value that others actually want/need shouldn’t worry.

• doodahdaze says:

I doubt if it can be paid. I am amazed the ponzi seems to be able to continue forever. I thought it would be done and over at negative 5 trillion.

• doodahdaze says:

Unfunded liability is only $788,000 per taxpayer and climbing. Eat,drink, be merry, Obama is spreading the “wealth” around…hahabwahhahahahaha!

• doodahdaze says:

Our main danger is the “Dana Perino Wing” of the GOP. Nothing is worse.a

23. stella says:

Tom Sawyer, no matter what you think of us here, the fact is that you have been given ample opportunity to express your opinions. Nobody ganged up on you. If I were you, I would spend some time examining your own comments, beliefs and critical thinking skills.

• doodahdaze says:

X him out. His opinion is not worthy. It is not the Jews fault.

• doodahdaze says:

Tom should study the net worth of the average Ferguson protestor with no assets and non probable in the future. Then add the liability according to the debt clock to find the negative they present to society. The debt per family is $888,000 without any input.. They have negative net costs of hundreds of thousands. Each family is over 1 million of negative productivity.

24. doodahdaze says:

Regardless. His statement that Quantitative Easing is eternal and will never stop is 100% on the money. So to speak. The Fed can’t stop because 1/2 of all government spending is borrowed money. It is QE to infinity and beyond.

25. JoeyP says:

Ron Paul believes every act of terrorism was simultaneously…
    -Done by the Jews/Mossad
    -Done by the innocent peaceful Muslims, but only because of our support for Israel
    -Done by the CIA, which is secretly controlled by the Jews

Maybe he believes Jooos exist in multiple dimensions committing contradictory acts of evil.

26. rashomon says:

Just to get this straight about 9/11, the 28 redacted pages of the Joint Intelligence Committee Inquiry of 9/11 have never been released. Given the response by those who have read them, perhaps the country should know what they contain before taking anyone’s word for it:

zerohedge.com/news/2014-07-20/i-was-absolutely-shocked-what-i-read-congressman-calls-release-secret-911-documents

Read between the lines: the Saudi involvement was deeper and way more culpable, likely at [faction of Saudi] government level than what has been disclosed already. Diplomacy and all that. Possibly also blackmailing the Saudis – from now on you do what we want… or else.

It’s still not about the freaking Mossad, on the contrary. The idea that Israeli handlers could organize all this, mind-control the idiotic Islamic “martyrs” and keep everything a secret grants the Joooos powers way beyond those of Professor Charles Xavier of F-men fame.

• ytz4mee says:

As John Galt keeps pointing out (tirelessly), 28 pages of the 9-11 Report that purportedly implicates the Saudis remains classified and off limits for General Public Consumption.

• I don’t know how many here have watched a second time the entire “24” series. Yeah, “just TV” and all that.

Unexpectedly, inherent flaws and a couple of sensationalist, unrealistic twists inherent in series of this length apart, I found them now better, more informed about the past, and more prescient than the first time I watched them, when I perceived them more as entertainment. I now believe the writers’ links with the best of the intelligence community were much deeper than first believed.

27. Mudbug says:

I remain sadly stunned whenever my fellow Americans trot out this pitiful 9/11 truther tripe. Tell y’all what – provide facts, evidence, everything one would need to debunk this:

Do that for me/us, and you’ll be my Huckleberry. That includes Monsieur Crazy Ol Coot, and his band of merry henchman, too. Go for it.

28. whodoneit says:

Sadly, I think it’s past due time for ‘ole Ron to be set out to pasture. There was a time and a place – but, frankly – I don’t think he knows what the hell he’s talking about anymore. I believe presidential hopeful, Rand, is in the process of ‘signing the papers’. Move fast, buddy!