Cartoon Artists Respond

From BuzzFeed News:

23 Heartbreaking Cartoons From Artists Responding To The Charlie Hebdo Shooting

View image on Twitter

See other fine images at BuzzFeed News

This entry was posted in 1st Amendment, Terrorist Attacks, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

51 Responses to Cartoon Artists Respond

1. The terrorists in Paris today murdered people who made fun of Mohammed. Obama and other Western leaders are now giving token lip service to the idea of protecting freedom of expression.

In the aftermath of the Benghazi attack in 2012, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton harshly blamed, condemned, and jailed a man who made a very mild YouTube film (which nobody had ever really seen) which they said was offensive to followers of Mohammed.

Hillary Clinton and her ilk in recent years have joined the calls at the UN for the criminalization of any criticism of Islam, while Britain and European countries actually jail people for controversial political speech! One British politician was thrown in prison for reading Winston Churchill’s assessment of Islam in public!

We’re supposed to expect people like Obama and Clinton to protect our people against terrorist murderers, and protect freedom of expression??

• kinthenorthwest says:

Our country is is big deep crap hot water. Especially if what I believe about those recent border crossings is true. I do believe that the recent crossings were not little children but males in their late teens and 20s Even the border guards were saying the majority of crossings were males in their late teens and 20s.(yes part of me thinks its connected to something worse than them coming to America for jobs to support themselves with).

• justfactsplz says:

I’m right there with you on this one. I truly believe young terrorists have crossed our borders and small cells that are connected to bigger cells are scattered all across small town America just like I believe they are in Mississippi.

• 2x4x8 says:

you are right to take Obama to task, North Korea did not kill anyone and denied the SONY hacking and exposing of communications, Obama provided no specific evidence of guilt, yet he took action as military Commander and Chief to take down North Korea’s internet, Obama’s Charlie Hebdo action response was limited to “if France needs help with bringing the responsible terrorist to justice, just let us know if you can’t handle it”, had North Korea been Islamic, Obama would have done nothing

btw, Obama condemned the showing of the ani-Islam YouTube video, yet demands that SONY show “The Interview” movie, go figure, rumor is his government consulted on making the movie

2. kinthenorthwest says:

Shared the link Stella–Don’t know whether to thank you or not Stella..I have been reading and hearing about the shooting all day. It was not until I went through these cartoons that it really hit me and I was brought to Tears.

3. Paul says:

Pegida just trebled its number of supporters. I bet Merkel is outraged.

4. This is the Streisand Effect on steroids.
    Own it Moslems! 👿

5. Lost in Translation says:

Good lord people are you that naive?? The following article is in French but its an interview of the former commander of French Special Forces emphasized the military precision of the operation against the Hebdo satire magazine staff today in Paris. The most eye-popping exchange was at the end when he’s asked, “Have we reached a new stage in the escalation of violence in France?” and Gallois replied, “Yes, clearly, we’ve reached a new level. We’ve been expecting it. But it could be a shock for public opinion.”<– Do some research on Operation Gladio .. then get back to me..

6. LetJusticePrevail" says:

Well, I’ve been busy all day, and was quite surprised when I came “back here” and saw the garish wall-paper on the borders of the CTH. At first I thought that my laptop had picked up a virus, and then I thought that the CTH had been hacked by some idiot from Anonymous. Then I found this thread and realized that the whole world has been “hacked” by the “Religion of Peace”.

What animals they are!

I really don;t have the words to express how I feel about this, or about Muslims in general. May they all rot in hell.

7. Two cartoons for me.

One:

Two:

I am done with Islam. DONE. Until it is reformed, it is a pox on the planet. I don’t care who reforms it, or how it is reformed. But I will no longer give it the courtesy of respect. NONE. Muslims who do not fight the radicals, are worthless to me.

8. It is an age-long struggle – the Artist fighting the Savages. Laughter fighting brute power.

The murdered cartoonists didn’t parodize Islam alone. They made fun of other religions as well yet Islamists only thought of murdering them. That modern Christianity can take a joke, in good or bad taste, and survive, without going murderous, isn’t proof of weakness, as barbarous Islamists would think. It is evidence of spiritual power. Accepting those one thinks are occasionally wrong, yet they may be part of the Plan in ways one cannot articulate.

No idea / character / cult which cannot survive a joke deserves to survive.

Freedom of expression might be occasionally objectionable to any of us but it is what separates the civilized from the uncivilized. It required innumerable generations, uncountable martyrs. A vision which transcended power for the sake of enlightenment, it also required.

Surrendering this ambiguous, occasionally and inherently dirty yet fundamentally sublime achievement to the violent paws and Kalashnikovs of unthinking beasts involves a supremely irresponsible form of cowardice.

It makes a mockery not only of the present free societies, imperfect as they come, yet miracles in a way, but also of the unknown multitudes who sacrificed their lives making this “best of possible worlds” possible.

9. eweturn says:

unsubstantiated source claims French police do not carry guns. Seems safe to assume that the officer, shot while begging for his life, was un or insufficiently armed, but does not make the unarmed claim true.
    Fellow Treepers – do you know?

10. CrankyinAZ says:

Thanks for sharing the link for all those cartoons… The one with Charlie Brown really got to me too. Having dealt with the attack in Ottawa (where I’m living now), I have to agree. I am so DONE with the “Religion of Peace.” I sincerely hope and pray France, Europe and the rest of the world has FINALLY reached a turning point – that they can see the truth of what is really happening. That we will stand up against these monsters and not listen to our so called “leaders” and their platitudes any longer….. May God Bless those who lost their lives today and comfort their families…

11. texan59 says:

Why is it that the only ones in “journalism” with any cojones are the guys doing the cartoons? RIP gentlemen. 😦

12. tovex11 says:

Sad day, hopefully these guys won’t go down without a fight, and will be seated in Hell next to mohamed soon.

13. amwick says:

From Legal Insurrection. http://s2.legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Hazarous-Duty-600-LI.jpg
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but a six shooter helps. Thanks Mr.Branco