Gunman Attacks Canadian Parliament and Surrounding Venues…

This comes on the heels of two Canadian soldiers being targeted Monday by a radicalized Islamist who attacked with his car.  In today’s attack rumors have indicated a second or third shooter, however at this time only one is confirmed.

Michael Zehaf Bibeau

(CANADA) A Canadian soldier is dead after being shot at a Canadian National War Memorial by a suspect who was killed as he stormed the Canadian Parliament, officials said.

The gunman was shot dead by the parliament’s sergeant-at-arms after he shot a soldier standing guard over the tomb of the unknown soldier at the National War Monument just before 10:00 a.m. Wednesday. Neither has been identified. The soldier died around 1:00 p.m., sources told the AFP.

The deceased suspect first approached the soldier standing at the war memorial, on Parliament Hill across the street from the Parliament, according to the CBC. He fired four shots in rapid succession as soldiers chased after him, a witness told the network.

“I saw the gunman run across the street with a rifle in his right hand,” the witness added. “He ran towards Parliament Hill.”

Gunfire erupted as the bearded, scarf-wearing assailant entered the Parliament. Anywhere from 30 to 50 shots were fired, according to various reports. Dramatic video from the Toronto Globe and Mail shows the hail of gunfire inside the Parliament. Sergeant-at-arms Kevin Vickers reportedly shot the assailant dead. (more)

This entry was posted in Death Threats, Islam, Jihad, Police action, Terrorist Attacks, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

79 Responses to Gunman Attacks Canadian Parliament and Surrounding Venues…

1. Col.(R)Ken says:

What cowards, an unarmed Soldier, the RCMP will handle this, and I hope they capture this a..hole alive, so the RCMP will make him squeal like the pig he is.

• Josh says:

“The gunman was shot dead by the parliament’s sergeant-at-arms after he shot a soldier standing guard over the tomb of the unknown soldier at the National War Monument …”

I repeat “shot a soldier standing guard over the tomb of the unknown soldier at the National War Monument …”

My heart breaks

• moogey says:

The significance of this is lost by the media. The spectacular gunfire and crisis mindset is number one on the media’s list of propaganda. But this “National” War Monument is significant. This attacker was leaving a message that very few are hearing. America is already seeing an increase in fence jumpers. Attack on “National” properties and people will increase. Extremist Islams have declared war. Few are listening.
        My heart breaks as well. Let us not let this unknown soldier’s service be diminished by the blood shed of his brother,, but let us exalt for both their lives, given, in love of service to their country.

• rashomon says:

“My heart breaks.” Well said.

• Duck65 says:

The soldier in question was a reservist from Hamilton Ontario. They are assigned this duty on a rotating weekly basis and I guess it’s quite an honor to be selected. He was quite likely just a kid.

2. doodahdaze says:

CNN HEADLINE! No ties yet to Islamic extremists. There is still hope it might be a right wing gun nut!

3. LetJusticePrevail" says:

The background of the shooter should prove interesting. Was he a “Lone Wolf” terrorist, or just some nutcase off his meds?

4. canadacan says:

This shows that strict gun laws don’t mean a darn thing .
    I am absolutely appalled.
    This may or may not be relevant because of the Commonwealth laws Pakistani people can get into Canada with impunity.

5. doodahdaze says:

MSNBC is already blaming the gun. These people are sick in the head.

6. Worc1 says:

Does anyone know if the shooter(s) were of the peace-loving religion of islam? Just now Shemp on Fox is lecturing his audience, saying it is wrong to blame all members of same group b/c of a “few” wackos.

Can you imagine how vicious islam would be, if they weren’t “peace-loving”?

7. cohibadad says:

Thank God for Kevin Vickers. My new hero.

8. pads says:

I think its quite worthy to note that on Monday in Quebec, a Islamic convert ran over 2 soldiers with his car, killing one.

• casparweinburger says:

Isn’t multiculturalism great? We need more diversity in Canada because reasons.

• canadacan says:

The cultural mosaic is BS

• moogey says:

My new catchword is going to be “tribalism”. I am tired of diversity and multiculturalism and I’m tired of those ‘politically correct’ words being thrust down my throat. We are no longer a melting pot. We are a country that is being attacked from within, and our Government is complicit. The law is no longer equal and regulations & ordinances have made it possible for “tribalism” to expand. These people are not acting with best interests for our Countries or our Constitutions. Because diversity has never and will never be achieved our government is endangering our very identities. These murderous savages are “tribal” – I will now proudly state that I am anti-tribal.

9. Leslie says:

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of the soldier and to all Canadians. I only hope your government begins to wake from the political correctness that has infected both our countries. Perhaps if you awaken first, you can shake us awake as well.

10. Be Ge says:

Inshallah more shahids can show off / witness their faith. I do mean the present-day perverted Arabic “inshallah”.

11. sundance says:

12. georgiafl says:

I hope in the future, young soldiers who guard the tomb are combat veterans fully armed…wearing bullet proof vests.

13. CrankyinAZ says:

Since I’m currently living in Ontario, Canada (temporarily) – this hits a bit too close to home. We were just down at Parliament Hill a few days ago. And despite the blaring headlines on CNN.com and on CNN, Ottawa is not in “Panic” or “Terrified” … Concerned, yes. But not terrified. (I don’t have Fox – so I can’t see what they’re showing).

Grateful that Govt is calling it “Terrorism” and not “workplace violence.”

• czarowniczy says:

“…Govt is calling it “Terrorism” and not “workplace violence.” Largely due to Canadian government not having a head of state and Congressional following that believes honest work is ‘terrorism’.

14. Lucille says:

My prayers go to the family of the young soldier. Horrible! The ROP strikes again.

From the name, the killer is likely of North African descent. Michael is merely the Anglicized version of one of the Archangels, and in keeping with the character of their prophet, Islam stole the name from another religion. His hyphenated name is maybe Moroccan (former French colonies supply a number of citizens for Quebec) and French. I think it’s pretty safe to say that the killer/terrorist is Muslim.

15. notasmidgeon says:

That surely wasn’t the gun he was carrying??? Looks like a shotgun. Have heard that approx. 30 shots were fired in the Parliament blding.

16. Videodrone says:

um, is that picture really what he was using? At best a pump or lever action, limited ammo, slow reload time – if it is, something stinks

• JimC says:

Lever action, looks like an old Winchester model ’92 or ’94 or something of that ilk. 6-7 shots, max caliber probably 30-30, from a tubular magazine. Relatively quick to cycle (in the hands of a really experienced shooter), but certainly VERY slow to reload after those are discharged.

17. czarowniczy says:

See, Canadian gun control works. Terrorists are now forced to attack with lever-action assault rifles!

18. Videodrone says:

on closer look (although it’s not clear) it looks to be a lever action with an abbreviated butt stock, means reloads are one at a time through the side gate, 8-10 rounds at most of any center-fire caliber – someone who practices can empty it quickly (not necessary accurately) but reloading would take considerable time if under fire

• LetJusticePrevail" says:

Winchester Model 94, maybe?

• Ken says:

As a civilian taking note of the Mombai attacks as well as the Kenyan mall attacks I carry a rifle in my truck in addition to my CCW pistols. Reason being, a delay in the arrival of LE does not mean that terrorists should not get engaged with return fire. My state’s rifle in vehicle laws (Ohio) require unloaded rifles and empty magazines, both placed as accessable only after exiting the vehicle. A lever action is firing into the fight sooner than an auto loader assuming a lawful operator following the law travelling with empty mags. I can load in rounds faster and top off that lever during firing, though obviously the SLRs do have higher cyclic rates of fire. Same could be said of bolt actions in terms of rounds into the fight sooner. Said truck gun is a 4 shot Marlin 1895 .45-70 with open sights sending 405 grain hard cast at 1500 ft/sec.

• JimC says:

I don’t see the “abbreviated” butt stock, I think it’s just a matter of the way he’s holding it. If it is chambered in a “pistol” cartridge, (.45 Colt, .38 Colt), I might agree with the 8-10 rounds. Longer rifle cartridges (.30-30, .25-35,) etc. wouldn’t hold that many. As I posted above, appears to be a Win ’92 or ’94, can’t tell from the poor photo quality.

19. doodahdaze says:

Ubama calls it “senseless violence” what a nitwit. It is no senseless it is Muzz Jihad. It really is Islamic.

20. 1hear2learn says:

Is it “typical” for the soldiers patrolling the tomb to carry unloaded weapon? I hope if that was also true in US that this will no longer be the case.