First Principles #4: Satan’s Plan by Treeper Cetera

8299a595-a278-4641-98c5-a7ba80e987db_zpsc4e99649

Leftism’s Disorder is Satan’s Plan

Cetera is an avid reader and friend of the Tree House, and an occasional commenter.  He currently resides in Wyoming, having given up on Colorado after 10 years and deciding to move his family to a more politically friendly state.  What follows is his effort at communicating Truths inspired by his Christian faith and the Spirit. Wolverines, listen up.

We are all here to support each other, to keep a watchful eye on each other and our Republic, and to fight the good fight when and where it is needed.  Each of us shoulders responsibility we assign only to ourselves, that we pick up voluntarily, and in each of our own ways we promote Truth and Justice.

In short, we are here to keep the faith, because at some level each of us feels that faith under assault or under siege. For a great many of us, we may never have put into words or closely examined the fundamental principles and truths that we feel inside of us, and what they mean.  I would like to have a discussion on these First Principles over this and several future posts.

jesusfightingthedevil

Satan’s Plan, and why Leftism is always disordered

I’ve talked a little before of Satan’s plan and how it is opposed to God’s plan of free will and love.  Satan’s plan was to force everyone to “love” God without choice, without free will, and without an act of the will. There is a parable of The Grand Inquisitor in the book “The Brothers Karamozov” written in the late 19th century

7119(https://www.mtholyoke.edu/acad/intrel/pol116/grand.htm).

In this parable, Christ returns to earth in the second coming, and is arrested and sentenced to death again, this time under the auspices of the world-wide Church under the Grand Inquisitor.  The Church has decided to follow Satan’s plan instead, specifically accepting the three temptations of Christ in the desert that Jesus rejected, in the form of turning stones to bread, throwing himself off the mountain to be caught by angles, and ruling the world.

Wikipedia sums up the Inquisitor’s argument…

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Grand_Inquisitor):

He does not believe that the vast majority of humanity can handle the freedom which Jesus has given them. Thus, he implies that Jesus, in giving humans freedom to choose, has excluded the majority of humanity from redemption and doomed it to suffer. Despite declaring the Inquisitor to be an atheist, Ivan also implies that the Inquisitor and the Church follow “the wise spirit, the dread spirit of death and destruction,” i.e. the Devil, Satan, for he, through compulsion, provided the tools to end all human suffering and unite under the banner of the Church.

Jesus the Prisoner, and  the Cardinal, the  Grand Inquisitor

Jesus the Prisoner, and the Cardinal, the Grand Inquisitor

The multitude then is guided through the Church by the few who are strong enough to take on the burden of freedom. The Inquisitor says that under him, all mankind will live and die happily in ignorance. Though he leads them only to “death and destruction,” they will be happy along the way. The Inquisitor will be a self-martyr, spending his life to keep choice from humanity. He states that “Anyone who can appease a man’s conscience can take his freedom away from him.”

In this parable, the Inquisitor provides bread to the people, and eliminates the stress and strain of having to be responsible for themselves.  He keeps them ignorant of morality and assuages their consciences.  By feeding them, providing for their needs, keeping them dependent and ignorant, he thereby takes their freedom from them.  They become literal sheep, cattle, dumb animals, and slaves to the “Church.”

14-03-14-1The Inquisitor believes that all should be provided for and ruled by a select few who truly understand, and that he can finally bring peace to humanity by removing any freedom from them.   Sound familiar to anyone?  This is a treatise on Liberalism, Leftism, Marxism, etc.  They never believe in the value of the individual, and always demand that humanity be ruled by a select few who know best, and always seek to take away individual rights and freedoms for the good of the collective, finally having peace via tyranny and slavery.

Incidentally, this is also the “peace” that the “religion of  peace” strives for – submission.

Everything we currently fight against in the modern world is a direct result of this mindset.  Everything the left fights for and supports is always directly related to limiting free will, limiting acts of the will, and promoting death and ignorance over life and truth. Anything that seeks to divide and prevent forgiveness is an evil.

divide-and-rule

Class warfare, the pitting of peoples, races and classes against each other is designed to thwart forgiveness, and instead institutionalize barriers to love. Anything that seeks to prevent charity is an evil.  Creating dependency on the government, applying penalties to charitable giving, mandating higher and higher taxes for redistribution to other in forced charity, are all very evil.  It is not for the common good, as there is no such thing.

There is no collective salvation.  We will each be judged only on our own actions and acts of will.  How much did you learn to love, and how fully can you be brought into union with the Eternal via love? That is the only thing that truly matters.

Any effort to eliminate or obfuscate the truth is an evil.  Propaganda, “The Narrative,” and the dumbing down of education and the elimination of standards is an evil.

In the next post, we’ll cover end goals, The End, and what we do about it.   Previous posts in the Series:

First Principles, Part I : Why are we here?  What is our Purpose?

First Principles, Part II :  Love and Acts of the Will

First Principles, Part III:  Charity

stoneheart

This entry was posted in Guest Post, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to First Principles #4: Satan’s Plan by Treeper Cetera

1. doodahdaze says:

The elimination of standards is very important. Obama just the other day mentions no victor and no vanquished. That is the peak of moral relativism. The leveling of the virtue of good and evil, by eliminating any difference between the two. It elevates evil and depresses good. In the end it will fail and we all will pay a very heavy price.

2. joanfoster says:

In Obama’s own words:

Did this come out of Rev. Wright’s Church and the black liberation theology?

3. Thank You Sundance, (And Our Tireless Moderators), Especially; Treeper Cetera, On this very Enlightening Reading.. Which DOES have a “Ring of Truth” to What is happening in America, as well as the WORLD’s Events happening today.. Prophetic it seems… Thank You very, very much on this Wonderfull Day that Our Lord has blessed us with to seek & see the TRUTH…..
    WOLVERINES!

4. MATTHEWM says:

Satan’s plan is to convince good people to lose hope. He dwells in the despair.
    So, have faith.

Michah 6:8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
    And what does the Lord require of you?
    To act justly and to love mercy
    and to walk humbly with your God

• Sharon says:

One confusion that many Christians are dealing with today is that they are discovering they had too much faith in the nation, and the nation’s leaders.

Our faith needs to directed toward the One worthy of it. Faith in humanity, faith in government, and faith in leaders will never produce resolve or strength or peace: they cannot be the source of what is sought by “having faith.” There’s no point in having faith in something or someone incapable of performing that for which the believer waits.

I am entirely in agreement with your comment, MATTHEWM, and just wanted to bring that focus. A lot of people are learning to their shock and charin that their faith has been seriously misplaced and wasted.

Faith in God will not fix everything that the scoffing and wickedness of man brings upon us but it will make the journey possible and will deliver us at last.

5. Cetera says:

Heavily edited BS that makes Michael Moore look downright honest. This doesn’t contribute to the discussion, and has no place here.

• Sharon says:

You’re right, Cetera. I trashed it, and am leaving this note here for you and other readers. I appreciate the heads up.

We welcome good conversation. We don’t welcome off-topic screeds or diversions that don’t contribute to the thread.

6. Lucille says:

From “The Voice” translation and commentary of THE BIBLE, I Peter 5:5b-11

5b-7 All of you should treat each other with humility, for as it says in Proverbs,

God opposes the proud, but offers grace to the humble.

So bow down under God’s strong hand; then when the time comes, God will lift you up. Since God cares for you, let Him carry all your burdens and worries.

COMMENTARY: Humility is rarely a virtue that our culture values. We’re trained from an early age to show our strengths and hide our weaknesses. This type of thinking also spills over into our models of leadership, as we learn to dictate to others how they should perform. Peter, however, says that we should be humble in our relationships with one another and not lead as dictators. In fact, this humility before one another and God is actually the position of the greatest strength. Our enemy desires to consume us, but we find strength to resist him when we are dependent upon God for His strength.

8-11 Most importantly, be disciplined and stay on guard. Your enemy the devil is prowling around outside like a roaring lion, just waiting and hoping for the chance to devour someone. Resist him and be strong in your faith, knowing that your brothers and sisters throughout the world are fellow sufferers with you. After you have suffered for a little while, the God of grace who has called you [to His everlasting presence through Jesus the Anointed will restore you, support you, strengthen you, and ground you. For all power belongs to God, now and forever. Amen.

7. Miskky says:

Cetera: In the Principle #2 on “What is Love” you say this:

“The war in Heaven was over this plan for us, and over God’s implementation of this plan. Satan does not agree with it, and does not believe it to be possible. He wanted to force everyone to conform to God’s desire and obtain the glory for doing so.”

Just curious. May I ask where are the scriptures found upon which this information or belief is based? Thank you.

• Cetera says:

Another TL,DR reply coming up:

Miskky,

Here’s the very short answer: There isn’t a passage that directly and explicitly spells this out. There aren’t actually that many passages directly relating to Satan and the fall of the angels. However, I’ll walk you through what I know and how I got there. Even if you end up disagreeing with the full motive, I think there is much there that you will agree with, and I don’t believe it will change the logical progression I try to make in the First Principles posts.

1. We know that Satan was created by God, that he was an angel, a full spirit (no mortal/physical body), and that he was created good; he was not evil by the nature of his creation. He became evil because of his fall. All demons and devils were created naturally good, but chose to rebel and became evil by their own choices and actions. Those actions, being that these angels were pure spirits, were made with perfect acts of the will. These acts of will, these choices, were irrevocable.

I’m including several different translations, because they aren’t all perfectly clear, and some seem to be more “illustrative” of my points than others. I don’t want to be accused of cherry-picking. 😀

Jude 1:6:

“And the angels who kept not their principality, but forsook their own habitation, he hath reserved under darkness in everlasting chains, unto the judgment of the great day”

A more modern translation of Jude 1:6:

The angels too, who did not keep to their own domain but deserted their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains, in gloom, for the judgment of the great day.

2nd Peter 2:4:

God did not spare the angels who fell into sin; he thrust them down to hell, chained them there in the abyss, to await their sentence in torment.

For if God did not spare the angels when they sinned, but condemned them to the chains of Tartarus* and handed them over to be kept for judgment;

For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to pits of darkness, reserved for judgment;

Job 4:18:

Behold they that serve him are not steadfast, and in his angels he found wickedness:

Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly:

1 John 3:8:

Whoever sins belongs to the devil, because the devil has sinned from the beginning. Indeed, the Son of God was revealed to destroy the works of the devil.

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

1. Satan’s chief sin was pride. He was envious, and wanted to be as God. Traditional teaching and commentary on Isaiah holds that this passage against the King of Babylon is also a reference and parable to the fall of Satan:

Isaiah 14:12-15:

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, who didst rise in the morning? how art thou fallen to the earth, that didst wound the nations? And thou saidst in thy heart: I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God, I will sit in the mountain of the covenant, in the sides of the north. I will ascend above the height of the clouds, I will be like the most High. But yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, into the depth of the pit.

How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! You said in your heart, “I will ascend to the heavens; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.” But you are brought down to the realm of the dead, to the depths of the pit.

If you think that the above passage can only be applied literally to the King of Babylon, we still have the temptation of Jesus after the 40 days in the desert:

Luke 4:5-7

Then he took him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in a single instant. The devil said to him, “I shall give to you all this power and their glory; for it has been handed over to me, and I may give it to whomever I wish. All this will be yours, if you worship me.”

Matthew 4:8-9

Then the devil took him up to a very high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in their magnificence, and he said to him, “All these I shall give to you, if you will prostrate yourself and worship me.”

Satan wants to be worshipped. He wants to be like God. He has sinned in Pride and Envy.

C.S. Lewis posited that Satan and those who followed him could not abide the disgusting “hybrid” nature of humanity, the eternal spirit combined with the physical, animal body. He was disgusted and revolted by this, and refused to worship God because of this creation, and because God would become this hybrid himself in the personage of his Son, Jesus. I do recall that this is touched upon in the Screwtape Letters, but I can’t remember specifically if he wrote about it anywhere else.

I believe C.S. Lewis may have been influenced in this line of reasoning by some of the earlier church doctors, including Thomas Aquinas. I believe it was a commonly held belief at that time that after the angels were created, they were shown a portion of God’s plan, including a vision of the incarnation. The sin of pride was refusing to worship Jesus, specifically because he would become a material, animal being. I don’t know exactly where this came from. It certainly makes sense to me.

1. Satan stands in Heaven before God, accusing humanity of their sins. This is from the quote in Revelations linked in part 2 (Rev 12:10). See also the discussion in my comment here (https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2014/07/28/first-principles-2/#comment-875121).

Why would Satan accuse humanity before God? Certainly he doesn’t like us, and doesn’t want us united with God in Love. He wants to be worshipped himself. It seems likely and reasonable that that in his desire to be worshipped, to obtain glory for himself, through himself (the essence of pride), he would want to force us to worship him. Did he reject God’s plan and simply attempt to take his ball and go home (figuratively) and then try and ruin it and spoil it for everyone else? And then just taunt God with all our failing for the fun of it?

Possibly, I suppose. If Satan is miserable in his separation from God, nothing makes misery bloom into a perverse pleasure like spreading it around. Maybe that is sufficient to explain his active seeking of the torment of lost souls. To me it seems likely that he rejected God’s plan, and takes great pains to try to justify himself in his pride, by saying, “See, I was right. Look at how these worms screw it up, over and over and over. You should have had me force them, as I offered.”

Is it a stretch? Maybe. I can’t definitively say either way. Maybe there is more to it. I know I’ve heard further justification for “Satan’s Plan” elsewhere, but it was certainly a long time ago, and I’m not a theologian. I think this is a close-enough-for-me chain and explanation.

Certainly it isn’t required that you believe what I do, or even think it is reasonable. I think it is enough to know that Satan fell, desires to be worshipped in his pride, and (at least for some time, as things pass in eternity) actively accused us before the throne of the Eternal. The rest of the First Principles still work within that framework.

If I do come across more exposition on this topic, I’ll definitely update this posting. Subscribe to it so you’ll get a notification when someone does post here. I’m also happy to work with you to try to run down more of this. I’m always eager to learn, and there is more than a lifetime’s worth of learning to do on these subjects with what has already been written about in human history, let alone all that is there to learn that we still have not figured out or had revealed to us.

• Cetera says:

Lol, all my numbering got changed to “1.” It should be 1, 2, 3, etc. Not sure how that happens. I wonder if WordPress is trying to do something automatic with a numbered list in HTML or something. If a mod could correct that for me, I’d be much abliged.

• Miskky says:

Cetera: Thank you for your comprehensive response. I am somewhat familiar with some but not all of the scriptures you quote. I appreciate all the references.

As far as the quote from your article, that I posted above, the wording in the beginning and ending statements of the three sentences in the paragraph is what caught my eye and surprised me. Though I don’t read the work of a lot of religious theologians, I have read some of the pre-Nicene Fathers and I have done some Bible studying. I have never seen the concept nor wording of those two sentences used to describe the pre-mortal ‘conflict’ between God and Lucifer outside my Faith. You see, I am a Mormon and in our scripture, the Pearl of Great Price, in three verses the Lord God explains to Moses who Satan is and what caused his fall in that pre-mortal existence of all God’s spirit children, who all of us are a part.

Your two sentences have captured the essence of those three verses of that scripture. And, I could be wrong, but I’m not sure that what you have described, and what I believe to be true, are commonly accepted in religious circles today.

Again, thank you for your excellent articles and for your great response to my inquiry.

8. I have been back to this thread a dozen times in the last day or so, fully expecting other comments to Cetera’s “Satan’s Plan”. I truly don’t understand what happened above except that the last two comments effectively stopped the discussion altogether. I don’t consider myself to be unintelligent, but I surely don’t understand what happened here?

• Dixie Darling says:

Sorry but this wound up in the wrong place…..it should have been at the end of these comments following Cetera’s and Sharon’s comments.

9. Cetera says:

Miskky,

I’ve been super busy, and am going to be unavailable for a day or two. I want to get back to you on your excellent question, but it may not be for a while.

Dixie,

Someone linked a very short clip of Obama saying things that Obama never said. It was extremely heavily edited, putting together parts of sentences separated by paragraphs and changes in illustrated viewpoints and making it look like Obama was basically the anti-Christ and as evil as they come. It was a Michael Moore-esque trick, and it has no bearing in Truth or reality. I don’t know Obama’s heart, his will, or anything else. I don’t like the guy, and I don’t agree with him on just about anything at all, but this was a stupid attack, and it reflects poorly on those who post it or support it.

10. Pingback: First Look For Satanic Statue To Accompany Ten Commandments At Oklahoma Capitol Release » Gossips

11. Alfred E. Neuman says:

Reblogged this on The Lynler Report.