Looks like California is intent on driving people to ObamaCare whether they want it or not.   “Covered CA”  gives insurance agents contact information for thousands of people who checked out the website.   All Your Personals Are Belong To Us !

Covered California shared consumer data with agentsCALIFORNIA – Raising concerns about consumer privacy, California’s health exchange has given insurance agents the names and contact information for tens of thousands of people who went online to check out coverage but didn’t ask to be contacted.

The Covered California exchange said it started handing out this consumer information this week as part of a pilot program to help people enroll ahead of a Dec. 23 deadline to have health insurance in place by Jan. 1.

State officials said they are only trying to help potential customers find insurance and sign up in time. But some insurance brokers and consumers who were contacted said they were astonished by the state’s move.

“I’m shocked and dumbfounded,” said Sam Smith, an Encino insurance broker and president of the California Assn. of Health Underwriters, an industry group. With all this information coming from one side it’s hard to make a proper opinion about this, if you want news that is not meant for your eyes and ears, listen to me, get the best VPN Australia or Russia etc… You will be able to see news from different locations!

Smith said he was under the impression from the exchange that these consumers had requested assistance. He received the names of two consumers this week but has not yet contacted them.

“These people would have a legitimate complaint,” Smith said.  (read more)

Hal 9000

This entry was posted in Dem Hypocrisy, Obamacare, propaganda, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Rut Roh – California State Government Passes Out Consumer Contact Information Without Authorization or Request…

1. auscitizenmom says:

Boy, this clown show has no end. It’s something new every day.

2. BertDilbert says:

I was kind of surprised that Blue Cross was advertising for Medical patients until I realized that the only ones signing up would be in this group. So I guess that is where the advertising effort should go is to where the market is. I guess this means that these patients will be a cost plus operation for them now with losses made whole by the government. .

3. Unbelievable and a darn good reason to stay away from healthcare.gov! Believe NOTHING this Administration says.

4. PepperP says:

I live in Northern Cali and I logged on to Covered California because I was forced to look on the exchanges – thanks to Obamacare. I run my own company and support my entire family. I chose NOT to buy insurance on the exchange because for a family of three I would have paid nearly 2 thousand dollars a month, not to mention the ridiculous deductible of nearly 10 thousand dollars. I too found a better deal through a private insurer. Now the government is telling me, in order to further “help” me they’ve given out my personal information (I don’t care how generic they claim it is) to insurance companies?! I don’t think so. I’m outraged. Not only does this violate several laws, it’s just another avenue the government is going to use to fine individuals opting out of Obamacrap.
    Someone in Congress must step up and put an end to this terrible joke of a law. This is gone far enough and it’s not the least bit funny anymore. Real hardworking American citizens are having their way of life stolen from them, and for what? To redistribute wealth. The (little) wealth I have should be MY decision as to how, when and where any charity/donations go. We are already miserably overtaxed.
    Sorry for the rant, I’m a long time reader of this blog and I just couldn’t keep my frustration in any longer. It’s time for a revolution.

• auscitizenmom says:

Boy, to my way of thinking, if anybody deserves to rant it is you. So, go for it.

• PepperP says:

Thank you, auscitizenmom. It did feel good to get it out. Now, I’m committed to changing the law. There’s got to be a way.

• sundance says:

Pepper, never apologize for righteous indignation – ever. It is appropriately expressed.

You are not alone. The odd thing is – I truly believe your expression is indeed the sentiment of the majority, easily so.

Perhaps even the majority of Obamacare supporters would concur, yet here we are as a nation facing this despite our own preferences. I can totally understand what you are saying, heck, I’ll bet almost everyone does.

There’s got to be a way to untangle ourselves from this web of Obamacare.

• auscitizenmom says:

“There’s got to be a way to untangle ourselves from this web of Obamacare.” Yes, please God, show us the way. Amen.

• PepperP says:

Appreciate your kind words, Sundance. I’m a gen-yer. I was born in 1982, so I’m certainly the oldest of the bunch, but I am appalled at the support/ignorance of this law by most of my peers.
        At the beginning of 2012, I won a huge contract for my company and I told my husband he could finally be the stay-at-home dad he’s always wanted to be. I finally felt the 11 years of work I’d put into my company was paying off and our lifestyle was what I’ve always strived to provide. I felt like we could breathe, and not only afford the electricity bill that heated and/or cooled that air, but also vacation in Hawaii, take extended weekend trips or go shopping without first checking our bank account balance. I felt like a grown up.
        We bought our first home this summer (something I never thought was a possibility in the San Francisco Bay Area), but now everything I’ve worked so hard for is in jeopardy, all because of Obamacare. My company cannot withstand these increased health care costs AND continue to grow. Period. I’m dumbfounded. Obamacare has taught me I was taught too much, I went to school too long, I work too hard and now I’m being punished for achieving that PhD, striving to provide for a family of three (soon to be four!), and being that productive member of society my mom raised me to be.
        It’s a sad reality/realization. I feel defeated, and a tad bit guilty for bringing another child into such a sad state of affairs.
        At least I have a like minded community to commiserate with here at the CTH, I’ll take faith in that and continue to fight the good fight – the fight for freedom!

• justfactsplz says:

I would be outraged too if I were you. It is time for a revolution and take back our country.

5. Unfortunately I need my insurance to cover prescriptions that as of Jan 1st won’t when my Anthem BC plan cancels. So last week I was on my anthem site and it directed me to some site to determine what plans I qualified for and at what cost. I was small biz owner and paid huge $ in taxes until I wised up, biz went down and I didn’t make any/much money to pay enormous fed taxes. I liked it better that way I paid enough of every other kind of tax. So being relatively poor I entered my info-annual salary (?), age and zip code and got the plan info with the subsidies. The plans I was shown a silver plan that covered everything $3 co-pay and a $2200 deductible/out of pocket max at a $30 cost with a $482 subsidy. Other plans this site offered cost me $1. I said where do I sign up? Well…..I couldn’t and I put my number in to be contacted by someone to discuss/enroll whatever. That was last Mon-haven’t been called back yet. I do not trust anything that is being presented, and I certainly will not give gov.com my personal information. This is a nightmare. My problems are small compared to those with major health issues that require ongoing uninterrupted care from Dec 31. What then? We were lucky in 2000, I fear Y2K14.

6. 17Edismount says:

But they meant welll…(sarc)

7. Vivid Blue says:

Unfortunately this is what big government does. It assumes what is in your best interests, and without asking takes action on your behalf. It makes decisions that should be yours and makes it theirs. It assumes you can’t make the best decisions for you, your family, your business, your health, so they will whether you want them to or not. I pray for America and its citizens.

8. Stormy says:

As a health professional… I never once believed for a second that any health records would still be private after O’BeelzebubCare started. NEVER.

9. Saltwater says:

Last one out, turn out the lights ! Jus sayin…..

10. doodahdaze says:

Open the Pod Bay doors Dave.