Welcome Home – An Eight Minute Standing Ovation For Texas Senator Ted Cruz….

….  The bestest part about this article, the group was ‘WOMEN’ !  You can almost hear the Trembling Democrat Splodey Head’s now.   L 😀 L

(TEXAS – Via Reuters) Republican U.S. Senator Ted Cruz, a favorite of the conservative Tea Party movement, returned home to a rousing welcome in Texas on Saturday after his attempt to derail Obamacare with a shutdown of the federal government led to sharp criticism of his tactics as reckless and futile.

“After two months in Washington, it’s great to be back in America,” Cruz joked in speaking to a crowd of about 750 people in a packed downtown San Antonio hotel ballroom.

Cruz was greeted with an eight-minute standing ovation in an appearance organized by the Texas Federation of Republican Women. People in attendance, many of them wearing red to show their support for keeping Texas a conservative-leaning state, lined up to greet him.

The speech and another talk earlier in the day at a panel in Austin marked Cruz’s first public appearance in his home state of Texas since his part in the showdown in Washington over the rollout of Obamacare that resulted in a 16-day shutdown of the federal government that ended on Thursday.

A related stalemate over the debt limit threatened to lead to a default on U.S. government debt until the Senate on Wednesday voted 81-18 to end the crisis and the House of Representatives followed with a vote of 285-144 to approve the plan, allowing government to open without defunding Obamacare.

Cruz in his speech in San Antonio blasted Senate Republican leaders for “failing to stand with House Republicans against the train wreck that is Obamacare.”

He declined to criticize any Republicans by name.

While he said the agreement to end the shutdown and extend the debt ceiling was a “lousy deal for the American people,” Cruz said the battle he and other Republicans waged will end up helping his party.  (continue reading)

This entry was posted in Decepticons, Government Shutdown, Heros, media bias, Obamacare, Tea Party, Ted Cruz, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Welcome Home – An Eight Minute Standing Ovation For Texas Senator Ted Cruz….

1. canadacan says:

Perfect I have one ambition and that is to hear Ted Cruz speak in real life.
    I know that he is not a super wealthy man and so I hope he can build a great war chest for the future.

• canadacan says:

“The eyes of Texas are upon you ”
      may be one theme song for Ted . But we have the “good, the bad the ugly “and that is the perfect theme song for our man Ted Cruz.
      Ted is young full of energy AND RELENTLESS .
      Read Erik Erikson’s morning column . He is never wrong and he is full of Glee when he says “see you at the primaries” to those who oppose the Conservatives.

• doodahdaze says:

Texas is lucky. They got the real thing. Here in Florida we got Rinubio, Scott, and Bondi. Ughhhh! They tricked us.

• CrankyinAZ says:

I’d trade you those for what we’ve got… McCain! Ugh. 😦

I like Cruz. I really, really like Cruz. I just hope he doesn’t disappoint me… I’ve been disappointed so many times before… *sigh* But from what I’ve seen of his father, and knowing the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree…. *hoping and praying*

• AdukeLAXobserver says:

That happens everywhere. Not saying it is going to happen. But the longer one stays in Washington the more likely it becomes they will become corrupted. There is also the possibility of them changing positions on stuff to help their reelection. I can’t tell you the how many times over the years I have heard a senator or congressmen speak and think, wow this guy is great. Then years latter I wonder what the hell happened to that guy I liked so much. I really hope this doesn’t happen with Cruz.

• tappin52 says:

Sorry guys, I have you beat in spades. I live in New York. Very tough to be a conservative in this neck of the woods.

• justfactsplz says:

Florida needs someone like Ted Cruz that I could truly support and be proud of like Ted Cruz.

2. I love this man. He has backbone and will not let his principles be compromised or the corruption of Washington influence him. We need the fill Congress with men and women with similar morals and ethics. If we can accomplish that, one election at a time, then we can begin to restore our Republic and undo the damage this Administration has done to this great nation. God bless Ted Cruz. I’m quite certain those who view him “unfavorably” are the bleeding heart liberals who think anyone who disagrees with the policies of the Poser in Chief is a raaaaaaacist.

• doodahdaze says:

Righto. Cruz is putting the shame on the Skunks in the GOP. AFAIC, F dot U to Bush, Kwispie, McCain, Graham, McConnell, Boner, Ryan, Cantor, Rubio, and all the rest of the varmints. All of them are now media hero’s of the state.

3. izzieborden says:

As a Texan, I’m so proud of Mr. Cruz. If we can just get rid of our other senator and replace him with a REAL conservative.

4. myopiafree says:

You have my eight minutes cheering from PA. The “deeper” issue is the run-away spending of the Democrats, and there refusal to develop ANY BUDGET AT ALL. Just “Continuing Resolutions”. We must face our problems now – or lose our future. O’bamma care is just the symptom of the future train-wreck.

5. kkdgrace says:

I love the Senator and the fact that he stands on principle and stays with the courage of his convictions…and the promises made when he was elected. Have to wonder about the total blindness in the RINO party…to come out and demonize him so when he’s so very much admired and favored by a large segment of the populace. I can see them disliking him privately, but putting on a “show” in public for the benefit of voters. But noooo…..either they’re entirely clueless about the sentiments of the average American…or they no longer give a rat’s behind

6. michellc says:

Okay, my friends in Texas when did you kick out the ethnics, blacks and browns and become an all white state? When did Cruz become all white?
    Howard, this isn’t a casual reference. This “We’re Americans, we white people out here in Texas, as opposed to people who live in the big cities: the ethnics, the blacks, the browns. Those people in Washington, those liberals, they’re not Americans.” This guy either has a total lack of understanding of American history and the hell we went through in the McCarthy period, or he knows it damn well and is playing that card. What do you think it is: knowledge or ignorance?