World’s Oldest Dog Dies At Age 26….Requiescat in pace

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened. ~ Anatole France

A male cross-breed dog, Pusuke, is seen in this file photo from Dec. 24, 2010.

(ABCNews)…Pusuke, listed by the Guinness Book of World Records as the world’s oldest-living dog, died in Japan on Monday. He was 26 years old — or somewhere between 117 and 185 in “human years,” according to various calculations. There is no official method for converting dog years to human years. We did get him veterinary anesthesia machine for his health.

The dog’s owner, Yumiko Shinohara, said the male cross-breed died at Sakura in the Tochigi prefecture, north of Tokyo, according to the Kyodo news agency.

Pusuke was reportedly eating well and staying active until Monday, when he lost his appetite and had difficulty breathing.  Pusuke died peacefully, minutes after his owner returned home from a walk. You can visit lakeland fl pet boarding services when you want the best grooming service for your pets.

“I think (Pusuke) waited for me to come home,” she said, according to Kyodo.

Born in April of 1985, Pusuke was recognized last December as the world’s oldest-living dog.

The oldest-known dog on record, according to Guinness, was an Australian cattle dog named Bluey, who lived to the ripe old age of 29 years and five months before it was put down in November 1939. By the way if you need natural pet care for all dogs and cats, Particular Paws is recommended for they only use the highest quality ingredients in all products to keep your pets healthy from the inside out.

About Ad rem

Millions of little gray cells wrapped in fur.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to World’s Oldest Dog Dies At Age 26….Requiescat in pace

1. Gee no offense, but, I thought SOROS is the oldest living dog in the universe

2. zmalfoy says:

Puppy lived well.

3. If only all our beloved pups could live so long.

• Ad rem says:

Amen! (Teh kittehs too…)

• WeeWeed says:

…**sigh**….

• GracieD says:

They always leave a hole in your heart, don’t they? My last Shepherd has been waiting at the Rainbow Bridge for 8 years, and I still miss him.

• WeeWeed says:

Killer has been gone over a year, now. Sept. 29th. Her was 16-1/2. My puddy Solitaire was 20 or 21 – June of 2007, and I think of them both all of the time. One of the things we did for the cat at the end when there was no appetite was to put a spoonful of ice cream in a small dish of Pedialite – she’d chase the ice cream and naturally lap up the electrolytes, etc., in the Pedialite. It probably didn’t help her any but it eased my mind in that she at least “ate” a little bit….

• Ad rem says:

Stoltzie (meow) has been gone for four. He was almost 19. Hope he’s showin’ Killer and Solitaire a good time on that Rainbow Bridge.

• WeeWeed says:

Did he leave in 2007, too? We never could remember if we got Solitaire in 1986 or 1987. Runt of a manx litter, she was 4 weeks old, couldn’t eat, lots of problems, but the perfect picture of a perfect gray kitten. The vet at the time recommended putting her down, as she “couldn’t live long.” And so she didn’t. 20 or so of our years. 😀 She was something, as was my Killer dog. My child found the dog in a dumpster with the rest of her littermates while she was rollerblading one day – in the summer – had she not heard the pups, they’d have cooked in our crappy metal dumpsters. I hate the general public. Anyway, that’s how we got the Killer. I still hear her barking at night….

• Ad rem says:

I know…..I could swear I still see “Stoltzie’ out the corner of my eye at least once or twice a day. He was a Burmilla (half Chinchilla and half Burmese) with a tail that looked just like a raccoon. Like this….
                  Photobucket

• WeeWeed says:

He was beautiful if he looked like this one!! I have pics of Solitaire when my kid was 4….and throughout the years with kindergarten, elementary school, jr. high , high school graduation, and college graduation but no equipment to convert them to show anybody – but! I’m learning that the local drugstores can do this. Most are meh, however – a dark animal doesn’t show up well in photos. We all agree that she prolly slept the first 18 or so years! 😀

• Ad rem says:

This was just a pic I googled….It’s too sad goin’ back through all the old family pics, ’cause he was like our second child. He looked better than the pic IRL…people used to walk by and ask us what breed he was, like he was something special. I think it was the weird stripped tale. Did I mention he was a big talker….had about twenty different ways of meowing, but always the same way for the same person or thing. We only found out he was a Burmilla when we took him to a different vet in later years. Heck… my mom just picked him out of a box full of kitties in front of her neighborhood drugstore.

4. Pingback: World’s Oldest Dog Dies At Age 26….Requiescat in pace « JustOneMorePet

5. *sniff* 😦 *sniff*

6. PatriotUSA says:

Damn fine long life life for a dog and we could all be so lucky to go in a few minutes, peacefully.

Now comparing just about any dog, even a really bad one to soros is not fair or proper, in my opinion. Just about ANY dog is better company and better for us than soros the troll.

Along with obama, one of the top five that need to go ‘elsewhere.’

7. Pray for the bliss of dead.
    happiness in the other world.
    God bless you.