Michelle Obama Booed At Homestead NASCAR race

(HuffPo) Michelle Obama and Jill Biden were booed at NASCAR’s season finale at the Homestead-Miami Speedway on Sunday.  The appearance was part of an initiative to honors military troops and families. They first lady and vice president’s wife also served as grand marshals for the big race.   (Video CLICK HERE)

At the beginning of the race, an announcer introduced the two women, who were met with a loud combination of both jeers and boos.  This is hardly the first time the first and second lady have been booed at a sporting event. Their appearance at World Series games in both 2009 and 2011 were met with a less-than-warm welcome.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Michelle Obama Booed At Homestead NASCAR race

1. loopyloo305 says:

I wonder if they thought that it would intimidate the crowd to send her there, or if they thought that the Nascar crowd would show respect to people intent on the destruction of America? I am amazed that they were stupid enough to send them there and that the organizers didn’t bother to take into account the feelings of the people. They usually have a better understanding of their audience, and they really fell down this time. Unless of course, they knew this would be the reaction and did it deliberately. I wonder how long before the Obama administration finds some appropriate punishment!
    Do you think that they don’t even realize that the tea party is filled with Nascar supporters and that they know how to tell truth to power?

• Loops, NASCAR is a conglomeration of commercial and corporate interests. ESPN, the same company that banned Hank Williams Jr for his negative opinion of Obama, is the contractual supporter for the final segment of all the NASCAR broadcasts. Hence, the White House visit after the ESPN part of the race year began.

But you will note that the individual car sponsors are quite divided. Some corporations are “in the bag” for Obama, hence their request for their sponsored cars to be advocates. Some corporate sponsors are NOT Obama supporters, hence their absence.

What this boils down to is NASCAR the organization being acquiesent to political views. The VAST overwheming majority of NASCAR followers (customers, or fans, for the NASCAR product) are seriously against the Obama administration. Hence their visible opposition to a pro-Obama sentiment by the NASCAR operational branch, but they don’t have an option to what political narrative the NASCAR/ESPN spin machine puts in front of them.

The only way they can express their disgust, is exactly what they did today.

If FOX Sports was the sponsor or contractual host of the NASCAR races, they probably would never have put such a political bent on the event. However ESPN holds a pro-Obama outlook and so they do.

• loopyloo305 says:

Many years ago I watched Nascar faithfully and kept up with it all, but I will be honest, since the death of Dale Earnhart, I have been unable to even watch. It was different when I started watching in the sixties, at least I think it was. Then I enjoyed the people and the cars. It is a shame that there is so much politics involved in everything anymore,.
        Maybe I am naive but I really miss the fifties, things just seemed easier! At least they were in New Mexico, I don’t remember this disdain for people, I may be wrong, but it seemed to me that the American people were admired by pretty much everyone then and somebody like Barack Obama who treated them the way he does, would have simply, quietly been shown the door. New Mexico was always diverse, with a very diverse population, often whites were the minority. I remember going to a middle school of about two hundred where I was one of the only two white kids in the school. There wasn’t any violence, very little hatred and no gangs. Sorry for the walk down memory lane, the attitudes of those in power truly saddens me and makes me a lot nostalgic.

• frank says:

My Mother says that’s her favorite decade. NASCAR hasn’t been the same for me either since the Intimidator’s death and Junior leaving DEI. And now Junior is supporting the continued use of the number 3 in NASCAR – mixed emotions over that. :-/

• Oh wow loopyloo3o5, I must have been the other white kid in your classroom. I have to agree with you that NM was a great place to grow up and all and now you’ve peaked my interest as to what school you actually attended. I grew up in Tularosa and was one of two whites in the school. I eventually went to junior high in Alamagordo and I think they had one Chinese girl and a couple more whites but barely. Well NM also seemed behind times when it came to the citites but that is a good thing huh?

• loopyloo305 says:

It was an elementary school in Artesia, although I went to school in Roswell and Carlsbad as well. High school in Artesia and Roswell had a little more diverse community but they were both huge schools. I remember the High school in Artesia best, it cover seven city blocks and you barely had time to get from one class to another.
            I have been in schools in TX, CA, AR, growing up, and truly NM seemed better than all of them except TX.
            The fifties and sixties were such a different time, prayer was a daily part of life until the early sixties, the pledge was said everday, you acted up and you were paddled in front of the class, even the girls. You were taught to respect people. And church and family were the most important part of your life.

• Well Loops (if I may call you that) they are good memories indeed. Yes although I went to school in the early sixties it was the same way. I pledge was the call of the morning and paddlings were the norm as was learning respect. Church was a Holy Place and not a gathering for a gossipers. Gossip was done outside and plenty of it lol. But inside you could hear a pin drop and there was a great reverence and respect for the presence of our Lord in our Lords house. A place of refuge, solitude, quietness and where you could feel the presence of God. Family was the second most important thing in our lives as God was first. One of my favorite past times as a child was the nights we laid out the blankets and just watched the stars in that Land of Enchantment.

• Never apologize Loops. Ever. Your frustrations and feelings of everything being misplaced are not only understandable, they’re right. Everything is askew. The emphasis is on the wrong syllable. I read this earlier, and it made me sigh, not because everything was better, but just because everything made sense. Common Sense:

HIGH SCHOOL – 1957 vs. 2011
        Scenario 1: Jack goes quail hunting before school and then pulls into the school parking lot with his shotgun in his truck’s gun rack.

1957 – Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack’s shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.
        2011 – School goes into lockdown, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario 2: Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1957 – Crowd gathers. Mark wins.. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.
        2011 – Police called and SWAT team arrives — they arrest both Johnny and Mark. They are both charged with assault and both expelled even though Johnny started it.

Scenario 3: Jeffrey will not sit still in class, he disrupts other students.

1957 – Jeffrey sent to the Principal’s office and given a good paddling by the Principal. He then returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.
        2011 – Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. He becomes a zombie. He is then tested for ADD. The school gets extra money from the state because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario 4: Billy breaks a window in his neighbor’s car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.

1957 – Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college and becomes a successful businessman.
        2011 – Billy’s dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. The state psychologist is told by Billy’s sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy’s mom has an affair with the psychologist.

Scenario 5: Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

1957 – Mark shares his aspirin with the Principal out on the smoking dock.
        2011 – The police are called and Mark is expelled from school for drug violations. His car is then searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario 6: Pedro fails high school English.
        1957 – Pedro goes to summer school, passes English and goes to college.
        2011 – Pedro’s cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against the state school system and Pedro’s English teacher. English is then banned from core curriculum. Pedro is given his diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario 7: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the Fourth of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle and blows up a red ant bed.

1957 – Ants die.
        2011 – ATF, Homeland Security and the FBI are all called. Johnny is charged with domestic terrorism. The FBI investigates his parents — and all siblings are removed from their home and all computers are confiscated. Johnny’s dad is placed on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario 8: Wally falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Nancy. Nancy hugs him to comfort him.

1957 – In a short time, Wally feels better and goes on playing.
        2011 – Nancy is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison. Wally undergoes 5 years of therapy.

• loopyloo305 says:

How true and how sad! BTW I taught my son how to mix vinegar and baking soda in a plastic bottle and toss it to get a good bang, I suppose that would label me as a terrorist? Can you picture a MacGuyver growing up in todays society?

• Hey SD you been watching me when I was growing up or something? Talk about memory lane! Scenario 3! I brought my handgun to school on Western Day in Mesa Arizona and the coach put caps in it and fooled another teacher by shooting it at one of the students who pretended to fall. He then got reprimnanded (while we all had a good laugh) by the principle and went back to work. He was a great coach and friend.
          Scenario #2 Got into many a fist fight and had to go to detention and one of the teachers got into it to break up another fight against students and threw punches. He ended up with broken ribs got them treated and went back to teaching and repremanding the student who did it to him. The student was expelled for 2 days.
          Scenario #3 I once had a serious brain concussion jumping from the monkey bars to the swingset and swung to far and hit my head. Was conscious but completely unaware of where I was or who I was for 10 hours. When I got back to school I went to the monkey bars and was jumping again (against the wishes of my parents) and the pricnciple came out with the BIG BLACK PADLE to whoop me in the butt with if I ever jumped from the bars again. Guess what I never jumped again from “those ” bars. I have seen her use that paddle on the high school students and beleive me they needed it and she kept everyone in line.
          Scenario #4 The belt my dad used was a black leather belt and we kids usually got that one for one reason and that was for being disrespectful to mom. Boy do I ever respect my PARENTS and the wisdom they have. I deserved a lot more than I got but kinda glad I got away with it. Tee hee hee. I’ve done the exact same thing with my children. I will tolerate zero disrespectfullness to their mother. NADA, ZERO got it buddy!!! BTW happy wife and happy life lol
          Scenario #5 Wish not to say!
          Scenario #6 I would have been #$%^&&^%$# if I failed anything. lol Mom said it was because God gave me a good mind and it is a terrible thing to waste. Now this has to be a discerment of the loving parent as not all children are born the same.
          Scenario #7 One of my funniest memories as a young child was growing up and blowing up match box cars in the red ant piles (I knew SD was watching) and mom hated it. Said I would never get any match box cars anymore but for some reason always was able to get fireworks. As I grew up it became a tradition to “take old ammo apart and make an annual forth of July “big firecracker” which I would surely go to jail for today. And yes we threw snowballs and iceballs at cars and laid watermelons in the middle of the road and aimed bottlerockets at our enenmies (as they did us) and a whole lot of other stuff we would be incarcerated and “ruined” for the rest of our lives. But lets see I am a business owner, my fellow culprit is a Novelist and carries a double major, my other brother is a business owner and another brother is on his way to becoming a ND and I can go on and on as I have a lot of siblings.
          Scenario #8 I once fell from playing tackle football on gravel in the same school as the brain concussion and tore open and exposed my elbow. It was a very dirty wound and the same priciple took me into the boys room (yes she took me) and used a hard brush to scrub out the rocks ( I think she had fun doing that and it probably caused more damage to the elbow) and it took six months to finally heal. But guess what? It healed and she didn’t get busted for entering the boys room (taking me there) and no charges were filed for bad conduct or anything and she went on to be the disciplianrian she needed to be and I recovered knowing I would never get on her bad side again.

Go Figure. Man if my kids did 1% of the things I did when I was young, heck they would all be in jail and I would not have any kids left because they would all be taken from me for whipping their butts to kindom come. God is Good.

2. I called it, right here… earlier. Now, I can also guarantee that the fact these two Progressive icons were booed by the Bible and gun clingers from fly-over land will be used as a catalyst for fundraising by the DNCCCP.

Bastards… all of ’em!

• garnette says:

Don’t forget that they were there to show support to military families since that is MO’s focus as first lady. So, I expect that this will now be written as conservatives showing their displeasure with the war and soldiers and used as a reason for pulling out of the middle east.

3. GracieD says:

They thought that we Southerners would be “polite” and clap for Mooch, even though they know she hates them and all they stand for. They thought wrong. Even a “polite” Southerner can be pushed too far, and Mooch has definitely done that. Bless her heart.

• People who knew my great-grandmother observed that when she was around people she didn’t like, she often used the phrase, “Well, I’ll declare,” while listening to them. When I asked her, she said that her genteel south’n upbringing taught her this was a polite alternative to saying, “You stinkin’ liar, you!”

She lived to be 107, and died on her front porch one mild, autumn evening, while finishing the last of her pack-a-day smokes. Oh, she rolled her own until she was about 90, when she finally admitted to no longer being able to roll herself, “a hefty smoke”.

Yes, they broke the mold with her… 🙂

• GracieD says:

You’re right, E. “Well, I’ll declare” is kinda like “bless your heart” in that it has different meanings depending on inflection.

4. G8rmom7 says:

Remember too this was in Miami…it would have been SO much worse at Darlington or Talledega .

Anyway, I watched the start of the race, but I guess I missed this part.

5. Notice that they put several “regular folks” up there with them to try and deflect SOME of the boos and cat-calls.