Yawn….. Wall Street Protest Fail…….. (Pictures and Awesome Video)

Plans by protesters to turn Lower Manhattan into an “American Tahrir Square” just, well, didn’t quite seem to catch on like expected.    The greasy hair, gotee, and scruffy drumbeaters just didn’t quite muster the ‘support’ they were hoping for.

NEW YORK — Hundreds of people marched near Wall Street in New York in a failed attempt to occupy the heart of global finance to protest greed, corruption and budget cuts.

Plans by protesters to turn Lower Manhattan into an “American Tahrir Square” were thwarted when police on Saturday blocked all the streets near the New York Stock Exchange and Federal Hall in Lower Manhattan.

The demonstrators had planned to stake out Wall Street until their anger over  a financial system they say favors the rich and powerful was heard. “The one thing we all have in common is that We Are The 99 Percent that will no longer tolerate the greed and corruption of the one percent,” said a statement on the website Occupy Wall Street.

By noon, about 700 people, many carrying backpacks and sleeping bags, had gathered near Wall Street to search for a place to camp amid a heavy police presence.  That was far less than the 20,000 people that the online magazine Adbusters, which launched the movement in July, had hoped to see “flood” the neighborhood for a months-long occupation.

The protesters who did arrive were full of zeal and righteous indignation.

“This is a protest against corporate greed and we come to Wall Street because Wall Street is the Ground Zero for corporate greed,” said Julia River Hitt, a 22-year-old philosophy student.

“We are here just to say we are fed up, we are not gonna take it anymore.”

The protesters gathered in Trinity Place, some some 1,000 feet (300 meters) from Wall Street, which they hope to turn into the US version of the famous square in Cairo that became the focal point of protests that led to the ouster of Egyptian strongman Hosni Mubarak in February.

“No more corruption,” read one sign a demonstrator brandished. “Wall St Greed, New Yorkers Say Enough,” read another.  “I will sleep here. A lot of us we will sleep here,” said Steven Taylor, 24 a protester who arrived equipped with a backpack and a sleeping bag.

Youths shared food and discussed the economic crisis in groups of 15 and 20. Others marched around the square.   No-one really paying much attention.   (read more)

This looks like the same crowd I saw last weekend exiting a Starbucks after the free Wi-fi quit working ....

Summation of the Day:   I love the guy in full NY Yankee regalia marching against capitalism. What a big dummy. Can you find an example more capitalistic than baseball?

I also love the sign that says capitalism doesn’t work. I can guarantee HE doesn’t work. I’d love to put together a documentary where I interview the families of these miscreants. It would be a montage of family member after family member talking about how this one owes them money, and that one is a continual problem, and this one goes from one house to the next flopping on their couch, and this one smokes pot all day and hasn’t gotten serious about life or responsibilities. I highly doubt that any profile would include –

“Seth? Seth is the rock solid pillar of our family. He is the decision maker and the one that you can count on for financial advice and to help a person out in need. He is a mentor to all the children. He is a volunteer fireman, a captain in the ROTC and you can always count on him to plow out your driveway in the winter. You don’t even have to call him. It will be 3am and you’ll hear him out there and it gives you a safe, warm feeling.”

Marxist/Socialists would destroy their capitalist host and move into its carcass and declare the gloriousness of what socialism built, they are that stupid.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

52 Responses to Yawn….. Wall Street Protest Fail…….. (Pictures and Awesome Video)

1. pat says:

Your an ignorant twat

“Apparently”…. ROFLMAO 😀 …../SD

2. texan59 says:

That video was so sad. That has to be one of the most pathetic attempts at a protest I’ve seen in a long time. They should be embarassed.

Can anyone explain why they are protesting the capitalist pigs, yet demanding jobs? I am perplexed.

• WeeWeed says:

I can’t figure out why they’re demanding jobs, either – since they wouldn’t work one if their life depended on it.

• Texan, videos like this warm my heart… Seriously, they really do. Look at the crowd. I mean really look at them. The kids (under 30’s) are anti-mommy/daddy’s not anti capitalists…. “Does this Che’ shirt look grungy enough”? or “Does this Mao pin make my butt look fat” ?

They are walking billboards for lemming capitalism and they have no idea they are doing it. They are the anthesis of social reformers with just the right balance of ‘do I look the part’ and ‘do I know the right lingo to fit in’….. The Lemming-esque quality to them is so ironic you gotta laugh… They are too clueless to actually engage in “independent ideological thought and form their independent opinions”… They are the consumate herd.

That is why Jason Matterra has so much fun with them, and they are so easy to deconstruct. If I lived anywhere close to NYC I would have myself taken my entire family with me to this march and brought a bullhorn to show my kids an example of social stupidity. I guaran-damn-tee you If I had walked into the middle of that crowd with a bullhorn and began shouting “everything for everyone and nothing for ourselves” loudly over and over, I could have gotten that entire crowd to join me.

Then I would have began to walk in a different direction and again I guaran-damn-tee you they would have followed. The kids and I could have just led them all to a nearby Starbucks, set down the bull horn and said “ok, time for a break”, then walked in and bought a cup of coffee and NOT ONE “protester” would be able to identify the irony.

But wifey, the kids, and all the “twatcrackers” 😀 would have had a blast watching my social experiment prove my point. Liberal ideology is ridiculously hypocritical and soooo much fun to poke at.

• Ad rem says:

OMG…..and it’s already in the UB too. 😀

• texan59 says:

As they text on their smartphone and listen to their ipod. They couldn’t spell irony if you spotted them the first four letters. They don’t understand how their parents were able to send them to these liberal hellhole colleges where they get extra helpings of stupid. I guess they must assume that unicorns and magic fairies made the desks they sit in and the textbooks they skim over on their path to non-profit job nirvana. Your scenario reminds me of the marching band scene in Animal House where they are led down the dead-end alley. I would pay money to watch someone do as you suggest.

• And you’re right about Jason Mattera. He’s a genius the way he works these idiots.

3. stellap says:

My favorite is the guy/gal who painted their protest sign on the back of a guitar. Multi-tasker!

texan59, they expect the government to give them jobs that they deserve (or at least paychecks).

4. Barnslayer says:

Funny video. Pathetic crowd. Disenfranchised hippies, communists and other atheists. I liked the shot of the guy slowly walking past the camera checking his cell phone. Hey dumbass… did you make that phone yourself? No? Then you must have bought it from one of those big corporations.
    You capitalist hypocrite!!!

5. texan59 says:

Several years ago I was working for one of the major health insurance companies (that is still in business), we were invaded by a group named ADAPT. They were “advocates” for the disabled. They bussed in several loads of young and old and they stormed our office to protest proposed Medicare cuts. They were stinky, unkempt, and quite confused when I told one of them that they needed to go protest their congressmen and/or Senator. These folks were being paid and fed by someone, but for the most part they really had no idea what was even going on. Just go where the bus took them. Get out, walk around for awhile and get back on the bus and go to the next place.

6. As generation “Z”-ers, they’ll get bored and go home, especially if they’re in a wi-fi dead zone or can’t get a good 4G connection. These people are so “edgy” and narcissistic, that if they’re ignored, they will be gone quicker than a dog-fart in a windstorm… pfffffft…, and they’re gone. Or, we could give them all a trophy, and they’ll leave.

7. Pingback: Day of Rage… Like White House Snoop Site Both Big Leftist Flops | askmarion

8. garnette says:

A couple of things stood up to me in the video, the first were the kids that had bandanas tied around their faces to hid their nose and mouth. do they realize that gang members do this to hide their identity?. The second was the woman who had a New York Law School sweatshirt on. What is the starting salary for lawyers now, isn’t it in the 6 figures? The last one was the guy who had the Got Revolution? t-shirt on. I guess he doesn’t realize that at some point some evil corporations are going to profit on his buying that t shirt.

9. Pingback: NoisyRoom.net » Blog Archive » Anarchist Theater – Days of Stage

10. Pingback: Anarchist Theater – Days of Stage

11. ZurichMike says:

Going back in time a little bit: William S. Burroughs was lauded as such a counter-culture icon, yet for his *entire* life he was on a family stipend. Like most of these poor little dears in the protest march.

12. RayPayola says:

Loving the pictures here- Bombs, bombers, & a roided-out freak with a machine gun. I wish all of normal America could drop by this page (and all the others like it) to see the overwhelming blood-lust you right-wingers display. I will never understand why your kind revels in death, though I think Freud would have some pretty good answers. Enjoy your temporary control- it will not last long, and your kind will be shuffled off to the ash heap of history with all other violent, bloodthirsty, jingoistic regimes.

• Your Metrosexual Birkenstocks are showing 😉

• Ad rem says:

Hey Ray….take your Freudian cigar, and stick it where the sun don’t shine!

• ZurichMike says:

Loving the pictures on the leftist websites — peace and love and group hugs with knife-wielding islamofascists with bombs strapped under their kids’ clothing, to say nothing of thinking it’s cool to laud brutal dictators (Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot) and terrorists (Che Guevara, Yasser Arafat) and destructive political “movements” (Hamas, Hezbollah, Democrat Party) . I wish all of normal America could drop by your leftist fantasy land to see the overwhelming naivete and colossal stupidity you marxists display. I will never understand why your kind revels in self-loathing, sophomoric moral equivalence, but I think Freud would have some pretty good answers. Enjoy your temporary control — it will not last long, and your kind will be shuffled off to the ash heap of history with all other violent, bloodthirsty, jingoistic totalitarian regimes you align with (Soviet Union, Nazi Germany, Japanese Empire, fascist Italy — all destroyed by the very same “bombs, bombers” and “freak[s] with a machine gun” that you despise.

You sleep safely at night in your cocoon of metrosexual stupidity because real men are willing to do violence in the night to keep you (and your depraved thinking) alive.

13. Pingback: TrevorLoudon.com: New Zeal Blog » Anarchist Theater – Days of Stage

14. Pingback: Anarchist Theater – Days of Stage | askmarion

15. Captain O. says:

I think this country does need change. But the only way any kind of revolution would ever happen is if everyone, or at least the majority of people, were actively behind it. And in America today, we are way too fragmented in beliefs and desires to ever get behind something big enough to ever do any good. So all we ever end up with are doomed gatherings like this one. What a bummer…