“The Tinderbox” – Bundy Ranch in Clarke County Nevada

update-1Treeper Update: Small update from the ground, federal guys don’t much like being filmed according to the ranchers, they were told if they didn’t stop filming they’d be arrested. They resisted, more showed up and the feds backed off. Another group of folks showed up and ran a few feds off.

First Amendment AreaRancher friends are also disgusted with how they’re running the cattle to death and say most of them won’t live to be rounded up. Ranchers were also told to get back to the 1st amendment zone, ranchers told them they carry their 1st amendment with them and pulled out the constitution. lol

Not sure how many people have showed up as they keep coming in batches, but a lot of Nevadans and a lot of Americans from across the country.  (facebook link)

Check out you tube, they’re all trying to load video as fast as possible of what is going on.

e6f1c-000

“I have had people ask me to explain my dad’s stance on this BLM fight. Here it is in as simple of terms as I can explain it. There is so much to it, but here it s in a nut shell.

My great grandpa bought the rights to the Bunkerville allotment back in 1887 around there. Then he sold them to my grandpa who then turned them over to my dad in 1972. These men bought and paid for their rights to the range and also built waters, fences and roads to assure the survival of their cattle, all with their own money, not with tax dollars.

The rights to the land use are called preemptive rights. Some where down the line, to keep the cows from over grazing, came the Bureau of Land Management. They were supposed to assist the ranchers in the management of their ranges while the ranchers paid a yearly allotment which was to be use to pay the BLM wages and to help with repairs and improvements of the ranches.

cliven bundy 2

My dad did pay his grazing fees for years to the BLM until they were no longer using his fees to help him and to improve. Instead they began using these monies against the ranchers. They bought all the rest of the ranchers in the area out with they’re own grazing fees. When they offered to buy my dad out for a penance he said no thanks and then fired them because they weren’t doing their job.

He quit paying the BLM and tried giving his grazing fees to the county, which they turned down. So my dad just went on running his ranch and making his own improvements with his own equipment and his own money, not taxes. In essence the BLM was managing my dad out of business.

Well when buying him out didn’t work, they used the endangered species card. You’ve already heard about the desert tortoise. Well that didn’t work either, so then began the threats and the court orders, which my dad has proven to be unlawful for all these years.

Now they’re desperate. It’s come down to buying the brand inspector off and threatening the County Sheriff. Everything their doing at this point is illegal and totally against the Constitution of the United States of America.

Then there’s the issue of the cattle that are at this moment being stolen. See even if dad hasn’t paid them, those cattle belong to him, regardless of where they are they are my father’s property. His herd has been part of that range for over a hundred years, long before the BLM even existed. Now the Feds think they can just come in and remove them and sell them without a legal brand inspection or without my dad’s signature on it. They think they can take them over two borders, which is illegal, ask any trucker. Then they plan to take them to the Richfield Auction and sell them. All this with our tax money.

They have paid off the contract cowboys and the auction owner as well as the Nevada brand inspector with our tax dollars. See how slick they are? Well, this is it in a nut shell.

Thanks”

-Shiree Bundy Cox

cliven bundy 1

About these ads
This entry was posted in 1st Amendment, A New America, Abusive Cops, Dept Of Justice, Environmentalism, History, Police action, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

78 Responses to “The Tinderbox” – Bundy Ranch in Clarke County Nevada

• Sue Carter says:

Preemptive Rights? My foot. Then the land belongs to the Indians. Grandpa did not buy any Rights to the Land in question. It is only leasing Grazing Rights. He didn’t pay. He has no “Rights.” He OWNS 160 acres. That is all. BLM did not even exist in 1887. Your Daddy told you a bunch of BS.

• Paul says:

BLM didn’t exist in 1887… And? BLM coming into existence magically caused prior agreements not to exist?

• Vietnam vet says:

She is an idiot and not even a TRUE AMERICAN…She is a Globalist and will sell her sole for $$$$$$

• jordan2222 says:

New blog for me.. thanks…I have been looking for a live feed but there is none yet that I found. If this heats up any more, it could get nasty. I heard today that militias from several states are heading there.

1. nyetneetot says:

Horrible. :(

2. LetJusticePrevail" says:

Cliven Bundy (and his entire family) is the victim of a federal bureaucracy rum amok, without oversight of any kind, and totally in violation of the US Constitution, and various Nevada Statutes. Just witnessing how they are trying to break this man’s will is simply appalling. Even worse is the commentary I read from the likes of Edward Teach and joanfoster. While I respect their right to disagree, and to present their opinion, I am horrified that so many people seem to have completely abandoned their rights under the Constitution and are perfectly willing to submit to illegal direction from LEOs, and expect others to do the same.

• I retched every time I read Edward Teach’s posts until I wised up and quit reading them. I think he was/is a BLM troll. That has happened before – govt trolls posting ridiculous or insulting messages on other blogs I have read on politically-charged cases.

• canadacan says:

I believe that Edward Teach was the name of Blackbeard the pirate

• sundance says:

Yes, that is a possibility.

One of the primary indicators is the seemingly “unending demand to convince of their position”.

Trolls, both paid and unpaid, are divergent from normal commentators in the level of their vitriol and their incessant demand to convince of a particular view. They will run through an entire comment page countering over, and over any position that does not align or conform with their expressed view. Generally they will be repeating the same message point repeatedly.

Regular comments may disagree on a position but they don’t express the same level of demand to change the opinion of the reader. It’s a give and take just like in a normal conversation. Trolls just beat the same horse repeatedly… as if someone jumps upon your kitchen counter and shouts at you over and over that you are wrong.

Demanding acquiesce is a DNA level construct of a progressive mind.

• Edward Teach says:

After reading your comment I have to admit you are correct, and that I do apologize to you and your readers. I am opinionated and often rude. This is a trait I have to work on. I am not a government paid whatever. But I now can see how I come off as one. I do appreciate you letting me join in and apologize for abusing your kindness.

I do hope you all will accept my sincere apology. And have no fear I will not post again.

Thanks for putting up with me.

Edward.

• jordan2222 says:

That sounds like an awful lot of work. The reward must be exceptional.

• michellc says:

From what I understand from talking to two wives of two ranchers that are there, is that it’s a large area and protesters and supporters are breaking off in different groups at different spots. Many are trying to just keep track of the cattle. We all hear all the time about animal cruelty charges, I’d like to know where the animal rights crowd is at now. If what is being done to these cattle by the government and the people they’ve paid is not animal cruelty then there is no such thing. It is killing these particular two ranchers to watch and listen to. Although they’re not being allowed to get too close.
      For those not familiar with cattle, when calves get separated from their moms, they put up a heck of racket calling for them. These calves also will not last long without their mothers and no human intervention.
      They do know that cattle have died and others are injured, taking clear video is hard for any of them to do because they aren’t allowed to get close enough. They are seeing more backhoes and dump trucks, the assumption is to bury the cattle. I guess the tortoise is more in danger of the cows than they are heavy equipment.

• Jeniffer says:

it’s heartbreaking!!!

• Aslan's Girl says:

Oh, this hurts my heart and makes me sick. Wish we had REAL animal-rights activists instead of Leftist poser PETA (who hate animals but pretend otherwise).

• michellc says:

Oh I wish we had no animal rights activists, left or right. Humans have rights not animals. Now what we once had were a lot of animal welfare activists except they lived their activism by taking care of their animals because if they didn’t they didn’t eat. We have fewer of them now thanks in large part to government and animal rights activists.

In the end the government, the animal rights activists and the environmentalists are going to hurt the people because the people are going to be starving including the people who bring about the demise of the farmers and ranchers.

What they’re doing to these cattle is horrible and it’s a waste. A waste of thousands of pounds of meat. A waste of money not only the ridiculous cost of rounding up cattle, that it would never cost a private rancher to pay hands to round them up, but money lost in killing the cattle, which would never happen to a private rancher because he cares about what is his. Less calves that go into the meat supply will raise the cost of beef once again. That is going to hurt the consumer.

• Jen says:

Your state representatives and sheriff could put a stop on this by telling them they have no authority to do this and kick them out of the state. When voting time comes up I would vote all of them out of office.

• michellc says:

I’m in Oklahoma and so are the ranchers who are out their supporting Mr. Bundy. I agree though Nevada and the sheriff are to blame for this not being stopped. You’ll find few who disagree with that including the Bundy family.

• kkdgrace says:

Ah…but cattle aren’t in that “special” category, targeted for protection by these radical animal (and insect) rights groups. At least I haven’t seen much uproar over the years re the treatment of cattle. Maybe it has something to do with their place in the food- supply chain for humans. Can’t be protecting those critters that have their use in sustaining human life, especially when so many of these groups seem to view humans as the “ultimate enemy and destroyer” of planet earth.

• amok (adv.)

in verbal phrase run amok first recorded 1670s, from Malay amuk “attacking furiously.” Earlier the word was used as a noun or adjective meaning “a frenzied Malay,” originally in the Portuguese form amouco or amuco.

There are some of them [the Javanese] who … go out into the streets, and kill as many persons as they meet. … These are called Amuco. ["The Book of Duarte Barbosa: An Account of the Countries Bordering on the Indian Ocean and Their Inhabitants," c.1516, English translation]

LJP, perfect adjective. Our government, at many levels, and in many places, is indeed run amok.

3. doodahdazee says:

Obama Bunch. Cattle Rustlers. What next?

4. peachteachr says:

This is as big incursion on our freedoms as the 2nd Amendment moves by this Obama government. This feels a lot like when the federal government erected the barriers at taxpayer expense to keep the veterans out of their monuments for no good reason other than spite. The small areas from which you are free to exercise “free First Amendment zone” may be the scariest part of this.

5. joshua says:

where is “angry old white man” John Wayne these days….America needs the John Wayne
    American back again, and to get rid of the bureaucrat nannystate government employee mentality of the career govt workers with no souls or compassion for our citizens and property rights.

6. michellc says:

I’ve got to get off to bed, long day tomorrow preparing for my daughter’s wedding. I don’t remember my own wedding being this much work.lol
    I’ll do my best if I’m let known anything important to let all of you know. Although it seems others are doing such a good job of covering it, everyone may know before me.

Keep all of them in your prayers.

7. Yakmaster says:

Who is the IDIOT Federal Judge who ruled in favor of BLM?? And why don’t these politically appointed judges ever come under scrutinty? Do journalists not care that judicial rulings, like the one in this case, are ENABLING the Government to take away more and more of our basic rights as CITIZENS?
    The courts are our only defense against a humongous, powerful, greedy bureaucracy. When Judges systematically make rulings to support the agendas of government agencies then WE, THE PEOPLE, ARE SCREWED. The sheeple need to wake up and realize that yes, indeed, ELECTIONS DO HAVE CONSEQUENCES and judicial appointments is one of them. :-(

• Chip Bennett says:

And as a pre-emptive strike to the “rule of law” canard spouted by the trolls: black-robed tyrants making unconstitutional rulings by fiat is not Rule of Law, it is tyrannical lawlessness, and free people have the right and obligation to oppose it.

• kkdgrace says:

YES! The Constitution is the “rule of law”- any other “law” or regulation that violates our ultimate “rule of law” is NOT legitimate, IMO!

8. michellc says:

Okay, got to bed and phone went off. Someone sent me a link. It peaked my curiosity, so I just read it. Does maybe this have something to do with needing full control of public land and why we keep having so many new creatures who keep needing protecting and closing off public land to the public and putting farmers and ranchers out of business? Time to turn phone and computer off and get to bed. lol

• michellc says:

“When President Obama first took office in 2009, there were no solar projects approved on public lands, and no process in place to move forward the hundreds of applications pending from businesses that wanted to harness renewable energy to help power our nation,” said Secretary of the Interior Sally Jewell. “With today’s milestone of 50 utility-scale renewable energy projects approved on public lands since our standing start in 2009, and with a number of those already producing energy for the nation’s electric grid, our clean energy future is bright.”

The first project is the 300-megawatt Stateline Solar Farm Project, a facility that will be built in San Bernardino County, California, on approximately 1,685 acres of public land located two miles south of the California-Nevada border. Using photovoltaic panels, the facility will generate enough electricity to power approximately 90,000 homes and create an estimated 400 jobs during construction and 12 permanent jobs during operations. The facility will connect to the grid via a 2.7-mile 220-kilovolt transmission line.

The second project is the 250-megawatt Silver State South Solar Project located near Primm, Nevada on approximately 2,400 acres of public land. The facility is expected to power approximately 80,000 homes and will be located adjacent to the 50-megawatt Silver State North Project, the first solar plant on public lands to deliver power to the grid. Silver State South will also use photovoltaic panels and will generate an estimated 300 jobs during construction and 15 permanent operations jobs.

• P.Spinach says:

Obama has a beef with cattle, and is obsessed with all things cattle including their flatulence. He must wear blinders to get through his marriage.

9. kadar2012 says:

Prior to the Taylor Grazing act of 1934 there was no management of the land and grazing was free. The Ranchers demanded the gov to get involved in their problems of overgrazing and who could use the land.

“Don’t invite the devil in your home and then expect him not to make himself at home.” – unknown

10. john s says:

God bless the Bundy family
    When did USA become Undenyably Screwed Americans?

11. kadar2012 says:

If this had anything to do with the Tortoise, (it doesn’t), then why would the BLM demand Mr Bundy to remove all water improvements? He has over the years installed cisterns, culverts, plumbing and irrigation systems. All that would benefit the natural and the endangered flora and fauna regardless if the cattle are removed.

• Jen says:

I believe it has to do with the government giving leases to companies for their solar/farm energy is what is happening here. Wonder if this is part of the Agenda 21 ??? is on paper to read. It is somewhere in your area also.

12. WeeWeed says:

“Cows And Illegal Aliens” from the AT this a.m.

Is cattle rustling a hanging offense in Nevada???

13. Jen says:

Those contract cowboys names should be put out there and never hired for anything again by any rancher.

14. First of all, ‘thank you’ for the TRUTH in what is ‘really’ going on. I’ve been watching ‘many’ documentaries about how the USA has been ‘illegally’ taking move than 50 countries from it’s citizens through 9/11, syria, iraq etc. type tactics. This is no different. Many don’t even realize it.. this is Agenda 21 in action. THEY want the land. It’s not about people, animals, turtles or human rights. The USA has a reputation of arrogance and they will ‘take’ whatever they want, when they want it. It’s history! It’s about THE LAND and their plans for it with Agenda 21.
    If people don’t get it soon, it will end like ‘every other’ country that’s been taken. This government doesn’t have a conscience, empathy or care…
    Democracy – American Style

The main stream media has been used and has used American Military to KILL INNOCENT people all over the world.

If Americans don’t STAND UP for this man, it may end badly for ALL AMERICANS.
    Peace!

15. stella says:

Rancher Bundy will be interviewed on local AM WJR (Detroit) in the next hour.

• stella says:

Listened to a long interview with Mr. Bundy. You can tell he’s a regular guy just trying to defend his rights and, as he reminded our interviewer, the rights and property of ALL of us. As an aside, it was lovely to hear his animals in the background, especially the rooster crowing!

16. Sharon says:

Organization(s) originally formed to represent a group of people are sometimes revealed to have been co-opted by threats to their own existence.

It’s disheartening, to say the least. :( The oxygen that sustains(ed) our Republic is based on representation. The Nevada Cattlemen’s Association was ostensibly formed to represent the cattlemen of Nevada.

Asked about the Bundy situation, NCA [Nevada Cattlemen's Association] president Ron Torell told ABC News, “This has gotten way out of hand.”

Asked if other Nevada cattlemen were as angry with the federal government as Bundy, Torell said, “absolutely not.”

It’s true, he said, that many NCA members are disgruntled at having to deal with BLM’s bureaucracy. But, he noted, 87 percent of Nevada land is public land, so cattlemen cannot survive on private land alone. “It’s important for our permitees to work with the land management agencies. We want to be good stewards of the land — to protect natural resources.”

Of the Bundy affair, he said, “These types of situations have a way of painting the entire industry with controversy.”

Regardless of their finely sliced reasons for NCA’s saying what they’re saying, the government obviously has good reason to believe that they will no longer interfere on behalf of the ranchers. Some could even argue it’s past the point where it would be legal – so why didn’t they do it when it would have been legal? Like thirty years ago? The ranchers have seen this coming for a very long time.

From Alexis de Toqueville:

The mutual indulgence which the Americans display, and the manly confidence with which they treat each other, also result from another deeper and more general cause… In the United States the distinctions of rank in civil society are slight, in political society they are null….

The social condition of the Americans naturally accustoms them not to take offence in small matters; and, on the other hand, the democratic freedom which they enjoy transfuses this same mildness of temper into the character of the nation. The political institutions of the United States constantly bring citizens of all ranks into contact, and compel them to pursue great undertakings in concert. People thus engaged have scarcely time to attend to the details of etiquette, and they are besides too strongly interested in living harmoniously for them to stick at such things. They therefore soon acquire a habit of considering the feelings and opinions of those whom they meet more than their manners, and they do not allow themselves to be annoyed by trifles.

The NCA was formed originally to represent interests of the cattlemen. Because of distance and a sense of personal security, the cattlemen allowed the sense that they were represented to continue driving their good manners - that mutual indulgence which…Americans display, and the manly confidence within which they treat each other of which de Toqueville spoke.

The trick is to identify, early enough to do something about it, the stuff that’s not a trifle.

If we continue in the direction we are headed we will eventually get where we have been going.

• Chip Bennett says:

all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed:

The pot came to a boil in 1776, and the frog decided to jump out. It is surely simmering today:

He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.

The entire federal bench is comprised of Judges who rule according to whim and personal belief, rather than according to the Constitution.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

Aptly describes the BLM in this case, but also the EPA, IRS, and essentially every other federal agency that interacts with individual citizens.

He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures.

See also: the militarization of state and municipal police departments.

He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation