Bumper Sticker Of The Day…

About these ads

About Patriot Dreamer

“When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion – when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing – when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors – when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you – when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice – you may know that your society is doomed.” ~Ayn Rand *************************************************** In the battle between good intentions vs. unintended consequences….UC always win. ~Sharon
Image | This entry was posted in Bumper Stickers. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Bumper Sticker Of The Day…

1. ctdar says:

Heston said it best:

2. Tino says:

Apparently not happening here:

Godspeed Heston. I met him a couple of times. True gentleman. True patriot.

3. ctdar says:

Heard Judge Jeanine earlier on radio…she made a good point on how the first & 2nd ammendments intersect. Hollywood produces violent movies, tv shows and video games via right to freedom of speech yet those that make and legally own firearms are denied the same basic right guaranteed by the Constitution.

• aliashubbatch says:

I wouldn’t say that Hollywood makes videogames per se, but third party game companies do make games based on TV shows and movies (though usually of lousy quality in terms of gameplay, IMO) that are released on different gaming platforms. Doesn’t negate what you say though.

• Patriot Dreamer says:

Which radio show was she on?

• ctdar says:

Er ok I admit it was about 1145am (just before Rush) & in car so I turned on his channel and caught tail end of Geraldo…just about to turn channel & I recognized her voice.

4. ottawa925 says:

All I keep hearing is why do we need a 30 round clip. Why don’t ppl answer truthfully that are on the side of the 2nd Amendment and say … it’s to protect ourselves from the govenment when they send police/military after us. It’s pretty simple and straight forward. Why hide that answer. It’s Honest and truthful. Of course, that’s FIRST, but second it is in case total chaos breaks out and law and order breaks down. Again, why are we not hearing these points being made by those that have the podium advocating 2nd Amendment rights? sure, here and there like video with Jesse Ventura, but it is skipped over and lost for the most part. I’m not ashamed to say it so why should those that are talking for us feel nervous about saying it?

• waltherppk says:

It is really simple… after the beginning of an altercation, a 30 round magazine allows
      for the shooter servicing the target to have more “flexibility”.

• Sam says:

It’s the Bill of Rights, not the bill of needs. It’s my right to have as many guns and as much ammunition as I can afford. I don’t have to prove need to anyone. It’s my right. However, it’s also obvious that if you are being attacked by multiple people, you need to have enough ammo to neutralize all of them. The beatdown gangs who attack individuals usually number from 3 to 7 or 8 against one; how much ammo would one need in that situation? Keep in mind that one shot often isn’t enough to drop an assailant; it can take several. How much ammo did the Korean shopkeepers need during the LA riots? They needed their AK-47s with 20 or 30 rounds to prevent their shops being looted and burned.

The primary use of the Second Amendment is in case of government tyranny. Citizens have a right to and need the same kind of weapons the individual soldier carries and the same kind of ammunition. We already start at a disadvantage because most of us aren’t willing to jump through the hoops required by the feds to get a machine gun (what part of “shall not be infringed” did they not understand back in the 1930s when that law was passed?) That’s what soldiers carry: machine guns usually with selector switches for full auto, 3 burst shot, or single fire (one bullet at a time per trigger pull). We get one at a time type guns called semi-automatics of which the scary looking ugly black AR-15 is one example.

Many on the 2A side have not yet made the mental and emotional connection to the fact that the government is not on our side and is, in fact, the enemy. It’s frightening to really think about that because it means our elected representatives have sold us out and can’t be trusted and we may have to forcibly remove them, through the ballot box first and if that fails, through armed resistance. A Libertarian friend once said if a politician claims he’s for gun rights yet he won’t stand up beside you on a podium and raise an AR-15 with you, he’s a four flusher who doesn’t deserve your vote. Molon Labe.

• ottawa925 says:

I personally KNOW government is not on my side. It’s sad to think that I’m afraid of my government more than anything else. I guess cause they have total power over me.

Hence my post about being upfront that we need whatever weapon it takes to withstand attack from our govenment. No one seems brave enough to keep repeating that to the media however.

Sam: “Keep in mind that one shot often isn’t enough to drop an assailant”.

True dat. This recent incident with the woman in the closet protecting the kids … she unloaded and still wasn’t able to turn the dude lights out. I would suggest to her husband to get something more high powered.

5. ottawa925 says:

We have had guns as toys since I was a kid, and I’m sure we can go back hundreds of years when kids played with mock weapons. Who my age didn’t watch the Lone Ranger, or any other good guys/bad guys show? and have a cap gun, or a pop-gun (the string you put in the muzzle that popped out)? Let’s move on and believe me I am no lover of the Hollywood crowd, but the industry has opened a pandora’s box, and there is no way to close it. News media … the news showing the day to day happenings during Vietnam. Americans had never seen anything like that before, unless you want to count the race riots, and protests covered in the news. But I’m talking actual battlefield. More recently, the world watched the “shock and awe” of Iraq. Military sure came a long way … total devastation even before boots on the ground. Let’s face it, over time we have all been exposed to much violence and so it is not much of a leap to understand why kids today have become somewhat desentized to violence. It’s not happening to YOU, you’re watching on TV, or on the internet. I’m sure the one it’s happening to, however, is totally terrified and may be affected for the rest of their life. When the parents were smiling and somewhat upbeat in the aftermath of Sandy Hook, it is no wonder some viewed that as odd. I can’t hold back tears thinking about a pet that was precious to me years later, let alone a child I may have just lost. Have the parents been desentized too? How were they able to “buck up” so soon after losing a kid. IDK. I’m sure I would have been a blubbering mess, and not suitable for an interview on TV.

I think MORE than violent movies or internet games … it is the gangsta life … gangs. THAT is what has prevaded into our culture more than these others IMO. The pick em out knock em out games, and let’s not forget the drugs .. prescribed or otherwise. We are an addicted nation. And drugs have not been mentioned in this discourse of guns. Drugs do more harm than all these guns put together. It’s they are on drugs and committing a crime, and it’s usually to get more money to buy more drugs, or over drug deals. Yet not even an honorable mention in the dialog about guns. Guns/booze/drugs don’t mix. Don’t have drugs ? well, let’s mix some up with some stuff we find around the house. We’ve come to this point. This is like Hotel California. You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave. There is no going back. So what do we do? It’s up to parents … to parent. But many parents are just as screwed up as their kids. From here on out, it is going to be like a big pot of stew with 15 cooks saying … no, it’s got too much this, noooooo, you’re wrong, it doesn’t have enough that. No one will be able to sort this out until we get parents off the booze and drugs, stop having two ppl working in the home (if they have TWO parents) and go back to the days like in the 50’s where Mom was waiting for ya and marshalled your every move. Might seem strict, but it’s working for my Nephew and his wife. They have two kids. 12 and 10 / boy & girl. Both are in classes for the gifted. But they are normal kids, it’s just their noses are kept to the grindstone by the parents. They are not allowed to be on the internet at all nor do they have cellphones. They can go on computer with parent right there with them. The boy does play shooter games, and Madden Football on the Xbox, or whatever. I recently bought them CD players (walkmans). I did this cause I know they cannot go on computer and download music. I also had a motive … I wanted to introduce them to more classic rock. My observation with youngsters is they cannot KNOW the music until they are EXPOSED to the music. I thought it was time they start finding out more about it. You can’t know to download something if you don’t even know it exists. So I made them some CD’s too. They are enjoying it. But their parents who are professionals keep a very tight rein on them. So far, this strategy has been working for them. For another kid, it might not work. They also take music lessons viola, trumpet, piano, are in baseball and golf. I do get a bit miffed cause these activities do not allow much time for Ottawa925 to see them. That would be my only complaint. But the point is, they are being given direction, and their studies are NUMBER one. There is no idle time. The boy is looking forward to his first cellphone … MAYBE next year and for emergency use only.

6. Raoul says:

Videos are creepy. @benshapiro: I am unaware of any American administration that has used children as tools like this. Despicable. http://hotair.com/archives/2013/01/17/its-come-to-this-white-house-releases-videos-of-young-kids-asking-obama-for-more-gun-control/

7. Chef Boy Andy says:

Ok, call me an idiot. When you are done with that, please tell me what that bumper sticker says.

Thank you.