01-16 George Zimmerman Case – Open Discussion Thread

Use this thread as an open thread just for Zimmerman Case stuff. A place to just dump, collect, or discuss general information about the Trayvon Martin VS George Zimmerman Case.

“The sensationalized, fact-deficient coverage of this case has achieved the
desired results. The networks got their ratings. The politicians got their
talking points. And if it means innocent people get caught in the middle of the
racial enmity they’ve fomented, obviously it’s considered acceptable collateral
damage.
Congratulations, geniuses. Job well done. Jim Treacher, The DC Trawler

REMINDER – Please WATCH THE TONE and CONTENT of Commentary. Please be respectful, courteous and considerate of other readers and contributors. Please avoid hatespeak, angry rhetoric, vulgarity, personal attacks and condescension. If you wish to engage in vitriolic, racist, or bitter angry rhetoric, there are alternative sites on the internet more than welcoming to such considerations. But not here. Thank You.

This entry was posted in George Zimmerman Open Thread, Trayvon Martin, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

221 Responses to 01-16 George Zimmerman Case – Open Discussion Thread

1. brutalhonesty says:

I didnt catch but the last 30 minutes of robert on that radio show. Robert did a great job..I wish I had heard the whole thing. Im not familiar with the show, so maybe Im wrong, but I felt the host sounded a little drunk (not that theres anything wrong with it, I can name for you several huge radio hosts who are drunk on the air…because I know people that see them an hour before the show)….anyway I wish Robert would reach out to Coasttocoastam.
    http://www.coasttocoastam.com/pages/contact ….he should email CoastProducer@aol.com
    its the number one rated night time show, with an international audience…george has been mentioned but only from a perspective of having heard the very beginning…they dont know anything about the case and have never given any details, just clumped it in with other incidents involving guns that made national attention…they have been having alot of shows about NDAA and gun control and sandy hook recently….I feel the audience overall would be a strong base of gz supporters if robert were to go on the show to express the details and other things about this case. George Noory is always bringing media manipulation alone….and we all know how much of that has happened here…..it would be a great show and would really help bring attention to the persecution of george.

• arkansasmimi says:

sent him the link on twitter for ya

• brutalhonesty says:

I also emailed him and the coast producer….and sent rz a twitter…..hopefully he does this.
        My brother valet parks george noorys car all the time…and hes a huge coast fan as well….they are on a first name basis now so Im thinking of asking my brother to also mention it to noory.

• JB from SoCal says:

Great idea BH — and the timing is sooo right. Although C-to-C topics often tend toward the paranormal, UFOs and the like, I’m sure that George Noory would give Robert Z. Jr. all the time he’d need to get the message across UNINTERRUPTED. He would have callers to talk to and be able to answer anything he may not have previously touched on. I hope your brother gets a chance to put in a good word as well as GN’s valet.
      KFI 640 in LA is the home base I believe. Once upon a time I tuned in to KFI daytime guys John & Ken until they weighed in with the 11-year-old-child-executed-by-250-pound-racist-white-wannabe-cop Theme. As the St. Skittles narrative all but completely unravelled, they never mentioned it again AFAIK. Losers!
      Your idea has been in the back of my mind for a while now, so I’m glad you wrote this up. Good work!
      I’m emailing C-to-C right now:

***Contact page (scroll down for complete email listing of weekend hosts, etc.):

• nomatter_nevermind says:

Recording of the show now on-line.

• jordan2222 says:

He has the potential to run for public office.

2. dmoseylou says:

For my brother and his family who safely landed on US soil tonight from Venezuela.
    For George and Shellie: The Best Is Yet To Come.

• dmoseylou says:

“Now We Are Free” – Gladiator theme -

• arkansasmimi says:

What a BLESSING! A safe landing!!! Hope you get to visit!!!!

• dmoseylou says:

Thank you! We will see them tomorrow. It took 16 hrs. for them to get here—well, I’m in another town about 15 miles away. They are with my sister; she had hot food and warm beds ready when she picked them up from the airport. Like you, they also have a new baby in the family—a daughter born Dec. 13. We knew they would all be worn out physically and emotionally. A good night’s sleep is in order. I received a joyous phone call from them on their way home from the airport. Tomorrow is going to be AWESOME!

• arkansasmimi says:

Aww I know you are excited too!!! I feel for them traveling International flight with a newborn. My dtr, who just had baby (ONE WEEK TODAY :) ) had to fly home with my oldest grandson when he was just 4 wks old, my husb had an emerg quad heartbypass, and took a bad turn for worse (got better) but she had to go thru all that changing planes in diff countries then go thru LAX in California and on to AR alone! She was military, then she went back 2 wks later for 3 weeks and then PCS (got orders to diff base) in California! So they flew here (so that was 4 International flights in about a month timeframe with a brand new baby! Then had to drive from AR to CA! I pray for your family to rest good tonight :) At least they can depend on your Sis to swaddle why the parents sleep ! Congrats!!!!

3. brutalhonesty says:

quick we need to hijack this

The #stopthefuneral Twitter Town Hall is Wednesday January 16 12:30pm-1:30pm.

#stopthefuneral

just saw this tweet
    Donald Hilliard, Jr. ‏@Bishop_Hilliard
    Join me, @BenJealous, @jamalhbryant, @MichaelSkolnik & others for the #StopTheFuneral Twitter Town Hall tomorrow at 12:30pm ET!
    Retweeted by Michael Skolnik

so the racist blacks are banding with global grind to have an anti-gun town hall….”bishop” donald is hosting it
    “reverend” al is also hosting.

another laughable tweet
    Marvin Bing ‏@MarvinBing
    We are bringing together a Diverse, Cross-Generational Voice to the #GunViolence Debate. #StopTheFuneral cc: @rkbtwo @lsarsour @rachelnoerd
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
    too bad all people speaking of it are black….so diverse they should get an award for it like crump and jackson did.

4. brutalhonesty says:

this is just fucking great

why did robert not go on a reputable show?

Admin: Language warning…

5. rumpole2 says:

Daily Daft Posts From Justarse Quest

Less and less people in the Travon Zone everyday.

Apart from an ongoing obsession with the (irrelevant) tweets of RZ there is little posting.

News of the first lot of TM’s school records did cause a blip… they have been opposed to the airing of ANY evidence that might be negative in regards TM…he was given Angel Wings and declared “The Victim” by the site Madam from the git go.

Some have drunken so deeply of the Scheme Team Kool Aid that they are sure the records will confirm nothing but good for TM… and furthermore that there can not possibly be anything bad in the records and the jury will hold it against GZ and his lawyers for having the temerity to even ask to see the St Trayvon’s School records

Random Topics

• arkansasmimi says:

sent you an email.

• Chip Bennett says:

…and furthermore that there can not possibly be anything bad in the records and the jury will hold it against GZ and his lawyers for having the temerity to even ask to see the St Trayvon’s School records.

That knife cuts both ways. A certain FBI racial hate-crime investigation comes to mind. The FBI found absolutely no evidence of racial bias on the part of Zimmerman (and in fact, quite the opposite). I suppose, based on the logic of the JQ posters, the jury might just hold it against the State for even bringing up a racial element to the alleged crime.

• rumpole2 says:

Yes quite right. There are a lot of things that “work both ways”
        The assumption here though is that there can not possibly be anything at all negative in TM’s school records, and that just asking to see them is some sort of crime in itself.
        This is a glaring example of the Scheme Team narrative and propaganda having worked. TM is an Angel and has special status as “The Victim” such that you may not say anything negative about him. The big worry is that JQ posters ARE from the same pool of people that a jury of 6 will be selected from.
        This is clearly a delusion and wilful ignorance. We all KNOW there are some negatives in TM’s school records.. to wit 3 suspensions and 53 absent days. There is likely more.
        To imagine that MoM will find nothing at all is silly.

• janc1955 says:

There’s an imaging in the signature line a few posters over there are using that is absolutely gag-inducing: “Trayvon Warriors for Truth” … . And they add their own sentiments. This one is my fave: “I am Trayvon Martin! I stand in solidarity with Tracy Martin and Sybrina/Jahvaris Fulton [insert smiley blowing kisses here]. February 26, 2012 Trayvon Martin came face to face with the devil!

Those folks are just too deep for me. :rolleyes:

6. eastern2western says:

thanks to a drunken idiot, we have all become neo nazies.

• arkansasmimi says:

There are some pretty scarry looking characters in some of those photos.

• justfactsplz says:

The one that scares me is the one who stood on the Sanford court house steps and placed a bounty on George’s head on national t.v. including showing fliers offering a reward.

• arkansasmimi says:

YEP. People dont realize that if this could happen to GZ do they not realize to allow this mess to go on could also happen to any one of us?

• justfactsplz says:

That is why so many support George and why it is so important to stop these evil people from doing such things in the future to other people.

• jello333 says:

I can look at either of my sons, and just imagine how I’d feel if what happened to Trayvon were to happen to them. And I can look at either of my sons, and just imagine how I’d feel if what happened to GEORGE were to happen to them. And that’s the difference between me (and I’m sure everyone on this site) and the GZ haters out there. We can put ourselves in the shoes of both sides in this case, and realize how terrible it would feel… but THEY care only about one side. They couldn’t care less about George and his family. They seem utterly incapable of putting themselves in HIS shoes.

• justfactsplz says:

George and his family had sympathy for the Martins but the Martins know they are believing and living a lie. They know George is innocent. I have a problem with that.

• howie says:

There is so much going on behind the curtain we do not see.

7. brutalhonesty says:

ugh:

HomeNews
    REPRINTS
    VIEW ONE PAGE
    ENLARGE TEXT

More Images

Enlarge
    Related Links
    ‘Stand Your Ground’ repeal bill filed in Florida House AP: Trayvon Martin death is Fla.’s story of the year Trayvon Martin shooter to stay on 24-hour monitor Task force done, ‘stand your ground’ gun law unlikely to change much
    Trayvon Martin’s parents, attorney guests at MLK banquet

By Eileen Zaffiro-Kean
    STAFF WRITER
    Published: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 4:35 p.m.
    Last Modified: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 10:38 p.m.
    Page 3 of 3

The stand your ground law states a person may justifiably use force in self-defense when there is reasonable belief of a grave threat, without an obligation to retreat first.

Trayvon’s parents have been working on forming a foundation they hope will help get the stand your ground law changed. On Wednesday, Fulton will be in Tallahassee to discuss the change she hopes to see. Also on Wednesday, a few state legislators will gather in Tallahassee for a news conference to announce the filing of legislation to repeal the law.

Another aim of the foundation is to help families who find themselves in a situation similar to theirs with the loss of a loved one.

The slain teenager’s parents said what should have been a time in their son’s life for him to chase after his dreams has turned into a nightmare.

“Last year was probably the worst year of my life,” Fulton said. “I pray daily for the strength to go on.

“We were supposed to be celebrating, but instead we have to prepare ourselves to go through the court system. It’s been a long journey for justice. We continue to pray and we leave it in God’s hands.”

Martin said he still misses his son every day, but he tries to put his energy into positive things for his child.

“We just want to keep his legacy going and get out from under this black cloud,” he said. “Whatever fight we have to fight to keep Trayvon’s name from being tainted, we will. We’re in it for life.”

Banquet tickets

Anyone who still wants to buy one of the $50 tickets for Thursday night’s Martin Luther King Jr. celebration banquet in Daytona Beach must call Kim Brown Crawford at (386) 451-1108 by 2 p.m. Wednesday.

8. brutalhonesty says:

“We just want to keep his legacy going and get out from under this black cloud,” wait a minute, didnt shultz say perry was racist for saying black cloud? more double standards.

9. justfactsplz says:

I was just reading over on gzlegalcase.com. As I reread the article on doxing it got me to thinking. Am I understanding it right that who we thought was Dee Dee is not her? Omara comes down pretty hard on the scheme team and the state in this article.

• MJW says:

You’re no doubt referring to:

If there is an individual who has been mistaken as Witness #8, and if this individual has been subjected to these practices, then we feel that those who knew Witness #8’s identity and therefore her Twitter handle, such as the State Attorneys Office or the handlers of the Martin family, have had many specific opportunities through social media or press conferences to publicly correct the misrepresentations and end the concerns — an opportunity they have yet to take. We implore them to do so now, to minimize any further damage. If they know the Twitter handles are of a person unrelated to the case, why has this not been publicized?

That does seem to be implying that Daisha Mitchell isn’t DeeDee. Since I’ve been saying for a long time that I don’t think she is, I assume she isn’t.

I somewhat disagree with O’Mara that those who know DeeDee’s identity should correct any mis-identifications. That reminds me of the old joke:
      “Did you cheat on your wife in January?”
      “No!”
      “Did you cheat on your wife in February?”
      “No!”
      “Did you cheat on your wife in March?”
      “No comment.”

• John Galt says:

“That does seem to be implying that Daisha Mitchell isn’t DeeDee.”

I assume that O’Mara knows the identity of W8. If she isn’t Daisha Mitchell, then shouldn’t he provide public notice pursuant to his own guidelines? In that case, it seems to me that he is imploring himself to make such disclosure.

• tara says:

I’ll bet Team Skittles threatened O’Mara, but because they are never fully truthful about anything their threat was laughably illogical, and so O’Mara’s statement comes across as odd. They probably accused O’Mara of outing DD’s Twitter handles even though he didn’t know what those handles were, and they probably accused him of witness intimidation even though the person he allegedly outed/intimidated was not the actual witness. :) According to O’Mara’s statement, only Team Skittles knows what DD’s Twitter handles are, and therefore it’s their responsibility to set people straight. I agree with him.

• dmoseylou says:

“Are the members of Team Skittles so stupid that they cannot imagine ordinary people doing research on the internet and figuring out who DD is?”

Apparently so.

• MJW says:

I’ve done quite a bit of research and still don’t know. I don’t think anyone else does either.

• tara says:

I’m 90% confident that the people who outed DD are correct. She was clearly one of Trademark’s friends, she attended the correct school, she was the right age (before she was interviewed by BDLR, that is), and her Tweets the day of the shooting mesh perfectly with the phone calls.

• MJW says:

Her tweets on Fe6. 26 don’t mesh perfectly with the phone calls. In fact, the degree to which they didn’t mesh was cited as evidence she was lying about her activities on that day. Even before I discovered her name didn’t seem to fit alphabetically in the witness list, I was skeptical that she was DeeDee, because I didn’t see much evidence for it. Martin seemed to have a fair number of female friends and associates at his school, and since they were schoolmates, they are all about the right age. Most of them could be as plausibly identified as DeeDee.

Perhaps Mitchell is DeeDee, and was posting under a false or alternate last name. But I’ll need more than I’ve seen so far to convince me.

• howie says:

I remember your posting on the subject. About the alphabetical list.

• tara says:

No, her tweets on Feb 26 were not cited as any sort of evidence. Her tweets on Mar 2 and 3 (or was it 3 and 4), the days of the visitation and funeral, were cited as evidence that she was lying about her whereabouts. Her tweets on Feb 26 are actually consistent with her spending some time talking on the phone and other time engaging in written communications.

• justfactsplz says:

It has become a game of cat and mouse concerning DeeDee.

• nomatter_nevermind says:

Has it been proven that ‘Daisha Mitchell’ is the real name of the twitter girl?

From the GZLegal post, it sounds to me like O’Mara still doesn’t know for sure, or won’t admit knowing, what twitter account, if any, matches with Dee Dee.

• MJW says:

Not that I know of — though I’d be surprised if she were using a made-up name that sounds just like a normal name. She’s also gone by Daisha Brianne, but I assume Brianne is her middle name, since it’s a common given name but not a common last name.

• howie says:

It is hard to confront a witness against you if you don’t know who they are.

• justfactsplz says:

I think Bernie was enjoying taunting Omara about the age of DeeDee at the last hearing. The scheme team wanted him to have her identity wrong. I am sure he knows who she is now.

• stormreaper says:

So she wasn’t really 18?

• tara says:

That must be Team Skittles’ motivation. They have a big problem with the age of their star witness. So what do they do ? Focus on something else to divert attention away from the problem! I don’t think they told O’Mara outright that the girl outed as DD was actually not DD, I think they just alluded to it. So I love O’Mara’s response: if Team Skittles knows that it’s the wrong girl, then THEY should state it. He’s calling their bluff.

10. nettles18 says:

New post on gzlegalcase.com about the School records:

As we approach a Self-Defense Immunity Hearing and/or a jury trial, there will be necessary scrutiny of Trayvon Martin. As it is true for any person who undergoes such scrutiny, facts may come out that could be seen to show him in a less than favorable light. We do, for instance, have an interest in presenting Trayvon Martin accurately as he appeared on the night of February 26, 2012, and that will include challenging the several-years-old photo of Trayvon Martin as a boy wearing a red shirt — the photo that has become the popular representation of him in the minds of the public at large. If the memory of Trayvon Martin is going to be a catalyst for a conversation about race relations in America, then we should have an honest conversation.

• boutis says:

And so it begins. They must have some interesting more recent photos or videos.

• boutis says:

“The Judge ruled that the defense should have the records. This ruling was based, in large part, on a case called State v. Munoz, 45 So 3d 954 (3 DCA 2010). That case holds that, under the right circumstances, a person’s reputation for violence may be admissible in a case, even if the person accused of the crime was unaware of the reputation. The case focuses on the issue of the whether the person with the reputation may have acted aggressively in this case.”

Is this setting up the February hearing for requests to make the school records public?

• John Galt says:

It appears to me that FERPA does not protect records of deceased students or records of law enforcement / security departments of educational institutions.

Can somebody cite the statute or rule requiring confidentiality of Trayvon’s school police records?

• John Galt says:

In ago 01-64 the attorney general, in interpreting the former statutes, stated that a
          felony complaint/arrest affidavit created and maintained by school police officers for a juvenile or adult who is a student in the public schools is a law enforcement record subject to disclosure, provided that exempt information such as active criminal investigative information is deleted prior to release. See now 20 u.s.C. s. 1232g(a)(4)(B)(ii) excluding “records maintained by a law enforcement unit of the educational agency or institution that were created by that law enforcement unit for the purpose of law enforcement” from the definition of “education records.”

at the bottom of page 79.

So is that how Miami Herald got Trayvon’s school police records? Just asked for them?

• MJW says:

You’re correct about FERPA. According to a number of college and university webpages (such as this one), FERPA protection ends at death. As the linked page says:

According to FERPA, the privacy interests of an individual expire with that individual’s death. Accordingly, the FPCO (Family Privacy Compliance Office) has determined that the disposition of records held by an institution pertaining to a deceased eligible student is not a FERPA issue but a matter of institutional policy and/or state law.

• ejarra says:

That’s an amazing find. It may be lost in yesterday’s thread. You may want to repeat it in today’s. That is a very important piece of information. I wonder if MOM is aware of it, even.

• diwataman says:

Good grief. O’Mara just loves playing the politician doesn’t he.

…”we know that racially-motivated mistreatment in the criminal justice system is still a serious problem.”

Well that’s exactly what this is, but it aint the kind he’s thinking of, yes it is racial motivation primarily from blacks against the stand-in white guy, George, because Trayvon just happened to have been black and the other guy was not.

Ya think O’Mara wants to have that conversation? Nah, no way brothers and sisters cuz that would include attacking people he associates with and the very thing he is expressing.

“…nothing would justify a reciprocal attack on the character and memory of Trayvon Martin.”

Of course not, Trayvon was just a tool, a stepping stone.

• boutis says:

Maybe. The language meets the politically correct criteria but what is MOM about to do? Is this a setup for the next round of motions?

“Trayvon Martin’s school records are protected, and they should not become part of the public record. We will not post them on our website. If any detail of the school records should be considered relevant in the course of a Self-Defense Immunity Hearing, only the parts deemed relevant to the case will be entered into evidence.”

This sounds PC but actually it is saying the relevant, ie thuggish parts WILL be made public and nothing else. I think the defense already knew the school history and needed the official copies of it so it could be officially used in discovery. Suggesting that the school records were needed to pursue other discovery is also interesting. The teachers and administrators as witnesses? Using the photo example of prosecutor and media bias is another nod to the PC. By the time all the bad stuff is made public, the Scheme Team is going to want the entire record released to show that TM did occasionally behave and not act like a problem 100% of the time when he was on school property.

• John Galt says:

“Trayvon Martin’s school records are protected”

By what?

• boutis says:

I have to assume he means court orders to not make them public. I don’t have any idea why the school records of a deceased person would be private except that the family of the deceased would not be embarrassed by them and be forced to confront the deceased’s behavior, character, and abilities or lack thereof. Why someone is embarrassed by a another person’s school records is also immaterial. All of the arguments that a deceased person is being demonized and cannot defend themselves is hogwash. They are dead and do not care. All of society’s rules about not speaking ill of the dead are not followed anyway. It is all just another excuse for the perpetually outraged to be outraged yet again.

• hooson1st says:

MOM/West have written a clear and concise backgrounder to their potential use of evidence gleaned from TM’s school records. The backgrounder presents the legal predicate and factual context for the use of the evidence.

• diwataman says:

I didn’t say he didn’t. I’m talking about the other parts, ya know, like this;

“We also recognize that the memory of Trayvon Martin has become important to the conversation about the state of race relations in America.”

“…we know that racially-motivated mistreatment in the criminal justice system is still a serious problem.”

“…we welcome the opportunity it has provided to have a candid conversation about race relations in America”

“If the memory of Trayvon Martin is going to be a catalyst for a conversation about race relations in America, then we should have an honest conversation.”

So much for legal predicate.

• LetJusticePrevail says:

That seems to be his way of “heading them off at the pass” by preemptively discussing the “500 lb gorilla sitting in the room”. Not that I am fond of cliches. Not me. Nope. Never.

• diwataman says:

Heading them off at the pass? The ship has sailed brother! lol. Look, he realizes it’s a problem for his client and how we got here, I’ll give him that;

“While the accusations of racially-motivated violence in the Zimmerman case are absolutely false…”

“…even though the memory of Trayvon Martin has been misapplied to represent such racially-motivated mistreatment…”

BUT, what he won’t do is go against the institution and his friends that make up that institution because it would in part be an attack on the “racially-motivated mistreatment in the criminal justice system”. Any question of that, no matter how factual, will be seen no less than racist, and in turn even an attack on Trayvon. Trayvon will always be the victim, even if he was guilty.

• LetJusticePrevail says:

“BUT, what he won’t do is go against the institution and his friends that make up that institution”

Would those be the OTHER Mimosa drinking members of the Pinky-Ring Brunch Club?

• hooson1st says:

I suggest that MOM’s goal here is effective and successful representation for GZ.

Attacking individuals and institutions unrelated to the specifics of the case is an energy sapping distraction.

i would agree with the sentiment of diwataman’s opinion that, apart from this case, MOM would not likely tilt against the windmills of the judicial establishment. But, so what?

Much law is made as a result of court decisions built on precedent. The GZ/TM case, if decided on the facts, will become an important part of case law in the area of race-focused prosecutions, building upon the results of Duke LaCrosse fiasco.

Just as Crump and Co look for situations with the necessary facts that fit their legal template for accessing deep pockets while achieving a social good as they define it, this GZ/TM case fits another template.

This is a template that demonstrates overreaching by political forces converting a police criminal matter into a public hysteria exploiting racial sensitivities.

• hooson1st says:

I view that as part of the “factual context” of the true underlying issues in the GZ/TM case.

Each of the four referenced sentences are accurate and are deserving of open and dispassionate debate.

• howie says:

It is important to not attack possible defense witnesses. So far I think most all of the LEO witnesses will be defense. The FBI will be defense. I can’t see where any LEO could be a state witness. Who could the state present as a state witness? I would not be too hasty to go to SYG. It forces the defense in to an affirmative position.

• jello333 says:

That’s what I got from that, too. “Just a heads up. Everyone needs to be prepared for what’s to come. There’s gonna be lots of negative info re. Trayvon Martin that’s gonna be coming to light in the near future, and some people are gonna be very angry about that. We don’t enjoy having to do this, but the fact is it MUST be done. So we just wanted to warn everyone… just prepare yourselves for what’s to come.”

• MJW says:

I think you hit it on the head.

• jello, I dont often need to post cause your posts so frequently say what I am thinking.

• howie says:

The media will treat it just like the NRA ad. It is the truth, but is unacceptable truth. Unacceptable truth must be attacked and discredited because of its source, or if it advantages their enemy.

• janc1955 says:

I’m mildly uncomfortable, though, with the fact that GZ’s attorney finds it necessary to apologize for what he must do to defend his INNOCENT client. Seems to me it plays into the absolute farce being perpetrated on the public by Team Skittles. If the young man was a thug-in-training, that’s what he was. The fact that he’s dead doesn’t make him any less a thug. I’d prefer O’Mara skip the apologies and focus on “keepin it real … know what I’m sayin?” Ugh.

• jordan2222 says:

You could interpret his words to be respectful or you could say he sounds like an apologetic wimp.

When was the last time you saw Crump and his cohorts or any member of Trayvon’s family being timid or respectful in any way whatsoever to George and his family? Give me one instance.

• libby says:

Again, not to be disagreeable here,
                “At the end of the day, who is responsible for Trayvon’s behavior? It sure as hell isn’t George. Why be timid about exposing the truth? ”
                The news media did just that. act as if GZ had all the responsibility for trayvon’s behavior and his parents had zero responsibility whatsoever.
                I agree that it is annoying that mom is forced to act so timidly in the face of considerable black racism (and the media’s blind support of black racism).
                And I call it RACISM because of the considerable involvement of BLACK INSTITUITIONS (if no black institutions got involved in this case, it would not be such a case of racism.
                Black institutions are NOT powerless (and this case demonstrates how black institutions feed and support black racism).

• nameofthepen says:

Good catch, D-man,

I’ve held off on judging O’Mara for months, since I’m just a dilettante in all this. But, boy, I think you’ve really nailed it here. “Politician”, indeed! Your quote from him reminded me of this famous one (author unknown):

When at last freedom fails
        Our best men rot in dirty jails
        And those who shout “appease, appease”
        Are hanged by those they tried to please

• partyof0 says:

This was very well written statement regarding the School Records…and a warning of a true Trayvon Martin somewhat less than saintly life.

• LetJusticePrevail says:

Yes, as I posted yesterday, the Scheme Team has probably had the deceased’s records since day one, but had them sealed and have been mostly silent about their contents. They HOPED AND PRAYED they could be kept from O’Mara’s team, but I would bet dollars to donuts they had been proactively contacting everyone who is referenced by those records, such as the teachers and school administrators who spoke out early in defense of the deceased. BUT, with the records in had, Mark can now ask the right questions of the right people.

• libby says:

“I would bet dollars to donuts they had been proactively contacting everyone who is referenced by those records, such as the teachers and school administrators who spoke out early in defense of the deceased.”
          And I would bet dollars to donuts they have been threatening people up and down the state for months to NOT tell the truth about their encounters with their son

11. eastern2western says:

actually, it will be interesting if the defense could bring some of trayvon’s teachers to identify who the screams belong too.

• hooson1st says:

eastern2western
      What could those teachers provide of evidentiary value?

• boutis says:

That he sounded like Barry White when he spoke?

• eastern2western says:

an objective opinion about who the screams belong to. It seems to me that the only ones who have been claiming the screams are from trayvon are the martin family members while george is getting support from people outside of his family.

• Nobody from Trayvon’s family has spoken in Court under oath that the screams were of Trayvon Martin. George Zimmerman’s father did testify under oath that those screams were from his son. George Zimmerman told police (Serino) that he was screaming for help. Without evidence to the contrary the Court has been told the screams are Zimmerman. It doesn’t matter what Attorney Chump says or posts in forums, etc. What matters is what the Court can consider before rendering a final judgment, but lets not allow the facts to get in the way of their narrative now.

• ftsk420 says:

I still don’t think the screams will come into play.

• howie says:

Traymom surfaced today. Ranting that SYG should be repealed. She complains it allows people to kill thugs that attack them and is not fair.

• justfactsplz says:

I saw it unfortunately. She kept peddling the narrative. She is wrong that George claimed Stand Your Ground. He didn’t. He said he shot in self defense and never mentioned the Stand Your Ground law. They still say he is having a Stand Your Ground hearing also.

• janc1955 says:

I’m thinking she’s upset she wasn’t invited to the WH today to stand behind Obama with the kids and their parents. I suspect she had a vision of herself as THE spokesmother for gun control. The white Black in the Oval Office apparently didn’t share her vision.

• libby says:

Yeah Howie,
              If this case falls apart soon her lies may just become more obvious soon and her trash can tour may come to an end.
              She is gonna need to act fast now (lie quick) before this case crashes down around her feet (the truth came out slowly, but it came out despite all the media manipulations and all the martin/fulton lies).

• howie says:

Maybe. But the supporters like the lie. It may even become bigger. The issue is not the truth for them. They would joyfully accept the lies, even knowing they are lies. Most prolly already know they are lies. If that makes sense to you.

• LetJusticePrevail says:

We have already witnessed that the teachers are willing to lie about, or exaggerate the *virtues* of the deceased. You remember how he was “on a 5 day suspension for tardiness” instead of 10 day suspension for possession of cannabis? They would swear it was Trayvon screaming if the prosecutor played Hank Williams Jr for them.

• partyof0 says:

Yes…even normal everyday children like Trayvon get 10 day suspensions all the time…that leaves 2 or 3 “abnormal” good children left to teach per class…

• partyof0 says:

Also…I would hate to see what a “bad” kid was like if Trayvon was the “norm”…

• ftsk420 says:

My son is no angel at all and turning 15 he’s become a handful but he’s only been suspended one time and it was for 10 days for fighting. He didn’t start the fight but the school has zero tolerance and suspended them both.

• Sha says:

ftsk420: I got custody of my half brother when he was 15 to keep him from being sent off. I went to the state he lived in picked him up and had to get him strait into counseling and rehab. he was a mess . When my real dad died he started acting up at a young age . I adore him…. he acts like me and my husband are his parents instead of me being his older sister. He lives in another state now but calls me all the time just to check in.

• libby says:

So proud of you for that.

• libby says:

Sha,
                not all troubled kids can be turned around, but the adults are the ones who must try (real efforts that is)….YOU have lived this. YOU know this aint easy (but it is rewarding).
                for four years i have been helping a non-combate US army veteran get back on his feet (he helped me, too). he was homeless living in the woods most of the those four years (he spent some time in the local homeless shelters but couldnt stand how they treated blacks and whites UNEQUALLY). they treat whites like garbage at the local homeless shelters here in florida as far as I have noticed while they treat the african americans much nicer than they treat the whites.
                I know many many white guys (and a few gals) who live in tents, but only one black guy who does. if this situation was reversed, it would still bother me and i would still want something done about it (I really wanted to do a breitbart expose’ about the racism agaisnt whites that is allowed to thrive in our social service institutions, but that may have to wait).
                i put my buddy on a plane yesterday. I think he slept in a warm bed last night for the first time in years. he is going to be with his ex wife (who still bears his last name) and half siblings.
                I commend you for what you did for your step brother.

• jello333 says:

Standing O for both you and Sha!

• Sha says:

Great Job Libby ! We can’t fix everyone ,but we sure can try our best to help the ones we can. I didn’t grow up with my real dad but I was always a part of my siblings lives . When my dad died my half brother and two sisters where 6 (twins boy and girl) and the oldiest was a 7 year old girl . Me and my husband would buy them Christmas every year and take it to them and every summer I would go pick them up to come stay with me. I never wonted them to do with out the way Me and My Oldiest brother did. I have adopted alot of elderly neighbors and friends during my life . As I’m sure you know they give us so much more than we ever give them ……..

• LetJusticePrevail says:

Kit Durrant?

• LetJusticePrevail says:

It would be MORE interesting to see if any of the teachers had videos or recordings of the deceased speaking in class, sporting events, school activities or the like. RECENT ones, unlike the dated photos that have become his mythical image.

• eastern2western says:

yeah, that is something I would love to see because no one just dissappears, especially in today’s media world where every one has a camera,

• LetJusticePrevail says:

Maybe something will be “dug up” from the ‘net when the T-Mobile, Facebook and Twitter account subpoenas are complied with. There might be a video somewhere there. Like Serino hinted to George, kids these days LOVE to make videos and share them with friends…

• Alexandra M. says:

As a teacher-in-training myself, I’m anxious to know if any written anecdotal and/or formal observational data exists re: Trayvon. For example, teachers are naturally witness to inappropriate student conduct (that they happen to catch) and are required to document document document (at least in my district). I’m even interning at a High School that has pre-printed (and school board adopted) “fill in the blank” incident forms for any moderate to severe
            instances of student rule breaking/infractions.
            It’s just best practice so there are no inaccuracies down the road. Long story short—-I would love to read what his teachers have written!!!

• libby says:

it seems they had money for snowboarding, horsebackriding and other middle class recreation, but they was too poor for a camera, camera phone, etc

12. eastern2western says:

was the radio host drunk that night? 11 pm eastern time seems to be kind of late for happy hours or early in latin american times.

13. eastern2western says:

trent is still believing that this trial is some sort of high school popularity contest. well, I guess zimmerman must be guilty because he is not good looking and does not hang out with the popular people.

• lovemygirl says:

I’m wondering if Trent is getting close to crossing a line (stalking) when it comes to RZJr?

• auscitizenmom says:

Who is this supposed to be?? I am confused.

• eastern2western says:

this guy is a shadow chaser because he claims that zimmerman had like 5 accomplices during the night of the shooting by watching the cctv tapes for hours. However, the fbi has already written in its report that the tapes have no evidential value. Now, he seems to be going nuts and trying to find anything that will prove zimmerman’s guilt.

14. I only caught the last 10 minutes of the radio program last night but my FIRST thought was this guy is TRASHED!!! I do think Robert spoke remarkably well and even checked the host when he cut off a caller and said he wasn’t gonna deal with racist callers. Robert quickly pointed out the hosts opinion was his alone and though entitled to that opinion, he made it clear the host was not speaking for him. Robert showed how respectful and moral he and his family seem to be.

Concerning the voice identification issue…..IIRC there was a 7-11 video with sound included where you could hear Trayvon…..in a VERY deep voice…..answer his phone. Wouldn’t that be sufficient in determining who was screaming for help? I may be missing something….have the flu and NyQuil is kicking my butt…..feeling kinda loopy!!! Lol

• eastern2western says:

voice identification is really not admissable in court. actually, a lot of voice based exams are not acceptable in court because the lack of reliability.

• ftsk420 says:

I found something out the other night that I didn’t know about. When it comes to lie detector tests if the police or DA offer you anything in exchange for taking the test you aren’t supposed to take the test. They say it can mess up the test I don’t know if it’s the same with a voice test or not.

• libby says:

Ever tried massive doses of cough syrup? they wont cure what ails you, but it will give you a pcp like high…the taste will be horrible, so grab some candy and a sweet drink to wash it all down with (be careful, this is as addictive as pcp).
      in all seriousness, I pray you fel better soon

15. partyof0 says:

In all fairness…if it was the “State of Florida vs a HAM SANDWICH”…the HAM SANDWICH would be free by now…Just a bunch of UNDUE Process….

16. diwataman says:

————–11 Days————-

17. eastern2western says:

kind of weird that we are being call racist homophobs, but the new black panthers, a group known for its racial hate, is working with jesse jackson and al sharpton.

18. eastern2western says:

I guess these wonderful people are civil rights fighters?

19. CCG says:

Sorry if this has already been posted….

“How many times are we going to bury our loved ones and not do anything about it,” Fulton said. “It is important that we do something about this law. As a parent, I just don’t quite understand how someone can be a make-believe cop, pursue my son, who had every right to be in that neighborhood, chase him, get in a confrontation with him, shoot and kill him and not be arrested. Something has to be done.”

20. eastern2western says:

eventually we are going to hear, “what if he were a drug dealer, it does not he deserved to die.”, arguments.

• nomatter_nevermind says:

What if he was a drug dealer? I don’t think it will be admissible. Irrelevant and prejudicial.

In my experience, small-time drug dealers are more often victims than perpetrators of violence.

21. Terry in GA says:

Hope there is info in the file about the bus driver

22. eastern2western says:

I am wonderring what is the educational level of trent sawyer because he acts kind of childish. If he can not win an argument, he usually either blame it on his homosexuality or just telling people of f off. kind of high school teenager logic, but the dude is at least 30+.