Sadly hilarious, in a predictable way…. we are only four days into the new year and already it appears five of our ten predictions for 2013 will come to fruition....

harry-reid-and-obamaWASHINGTON — Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) has privately told other Democrats, including President Obama, that if the administration used its constitutional and executive authority to continue paying its debts in the face of House Republican opposition, he would support the approach, according to a source familiar with Reid’s message to the president.

The simplest escape route out of the debt ceiling impasse is for the president to direct the Treasury to find a legal way to pay its debts. The Treasury then has a variety of options. One gaining particular attention relies on a law that allows the Treasury to mint a coin of unspecified value and deposit it with the Federal Reserve. Those funds could then be used legally to pay debts.

“Reid has not dismissed any option,” said the source close to Reid.

United-States-Branches-of-Government

Old, worn out, pre-Obama, model of U.S. Governance

The 14th Amendment states that “the validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law … shall not be questioned.” Last month, White House spokesman Jay Carney told reporters that “[t]his administration does not believe that the 14th Amendment gives the president the power to ignore the debt ceiling — period.”  (read more)

Obama PelosiPreviously:  Nancy Pelosi Dreaming Of Being A Dictator:  “If I Was President I Would Unilaterally Raise Debt Ceiling In A Second”:  (CNSNews.com) – House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Friday that she would raise the debt limit unilaterally “in a second” is she were president of the United States.

Pelosi and other Democrats have suggested that the president could bypass Congress and unilaterally raise the debt ceiling by invoking the 14th Amendment of the Constitution, which states, “The validity of the public debt of the United States…shall not be questioned.”

During her weekly press conference on Capitol Hill, Pelosi was asked about whether she would urge President Barack Obama to do so to address the debt limit, which will be exceeded by the end of February.

“Will you urge the president on the constitutional obligation to pay [the debt]?” a reporter asked.

“I don’t know, I think I’ve made my—in speaking to all of you, I’ve made my view very clear on that subject,” Pelosi said.

“I would do it in a second,” she said. “But I’m not the president of the United States.”  (more)

uncle-sam-cartoon-pelosi-reid-obama

About these ads
This entry was posted in A New America, Bailouts, Decepticons, Dem Hypocrisy, Harry Reid, media bias, Obama re-election, Obama Research/Discovery, Predictions, Socialist, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Dictatorial Fiat – Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi Will Support POTUS Executive Takeover Authority on Spending – ie Debt Ceiling….

1. aliashubbatch says:

…I’m not very saavy with the Bible, so I need help with this; What is the verse (if any) that talks about the people who commit various evils thinking that everything will be okay for them throughout their life, but are highly ignorant of the retribution they’ll suffer when they’re six feet under? Because that is on my mind right now from this.

• howie says:

Who is going to stop them???? Boner :) McConnell, Miss Lindsey, McCain :) :) :) What a joke. How bout our favorite hero of the GOP….RYAN!!!

• michellc says:

God will either stop them or allow them to destroy themselves either in this life or the next or both.

• Arkindole says:

“Who is going to stop them?”
        Right now the USD is only marginally safer than other currencies. And that is basically a global urban legend propped up by the banking cartel. As debt increases, safety evaporates on risk of default. When other countries realize that other currencies are less risky (backed by gold) they will begin to sell the dollar and it will be over–fast. It will be a massive moment of clarity with the red pill.

• Sharon says:

My brain is flopping, alias, and I don’t think this is the one(s) you may have in mind, but Romans 2:5 is a zinger, “But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God.”

Psalm 73 is a good reference, where the Psalmist has about had it with the wicked, because he says it just feels like they’re “getting by with bad stuff” and he describes them as having firm strength, “not in trouble as other men….they have more than heart could wish. They scoff and speak wickedly…” and then he remembers what’s coming toward them….”Then I understood their end. Surely You set them in slippery places; You cast them down to destruction, Oh, how they are brought to desolation, as in a moment!….utterly consumed with terrors.” (these bits from verses 4-9 and 16-20)

Not to worry, folks. The sovereign God who gifted the world with this free nation is not missing a thing. Not a thing. He knows the stuff these wreckers are doing that we can’t even guess at. And His memory is really good. (Disclaimer: ;) I do not speak with boasting as though I am so much better….I’m the recipient of His grace and forgiveness. So when I speak of the God who will terrify them, I am speaking of the same God who has forgiven me.)

• michellc says:

I’m thinking Peter but I’m not sure that really fits either.

• Sharon says:

I’m thinking aliash has in mind something from the Gospels, but there are a bunch, including this from II Peter 2:9…”…the Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgment…” and get a load of the very next verse, where Peter further defines exactly who he’s talking about….”…and especially those who….despise authority. They are presumptuous, self-willed; they are not afraid to speak evil of dignitaries….”

The left absolutely despises all authority, and they make that very plain as they attack innocent Americans, including the 99.9% law-abiding gun owners, and in so doing, they completely despise and refuse to yield to the authority of the Constitution. Make no mistake about it: passages such as these are NOT saying “…whoever’s in charge of you and whoever makes themselves boss of you” is legitimate authority in the eyes of God. This is referring specifically to those who despise authority!! Nancy Pelosi despises authority (look at her attitude toward her spiritual authorities in the Roman Catholic church). Bill Clinton despises authority (look at how he despised the legal authority under which he held his law license when he lied under oath). obama despises authority and will not yield to it: look how he casually disregards the Constitution and the Lord God Himself (by tossing allah in the mix and making allah equal with the Sovereign God).

The passage in II Peter is addressing a monstrous and unholy flaw in the character of certain people: those who despise authority. Gun-owners do not “despise authority.” Conservatives do not “despise authority”–but are screaming for our government to obey the authority under which our nation was established.

These things require some thought so that we don’t become easily disturbed by those who will distort what is true to use it to deceive and beat us over the head. Some would take this passage and say, “See? Christians are supposed to do everything that the authorities say they should do!” Oh, it absolutely does NOT. If that’s what it said, all of the multitudes of Christians who were murdered by Nero, during the time Peter wrote, would not have been put to death for disobeying Nero. TMW. Sorry. ;)

• michellc says:

My mind is not working to well tonight but I think it’s in Peter as well about not inviting evil into your house, so if those who believe they have authority over us are evil, we are warned to resist them.

• howie says:

I think I am just beginning to grasp what is going on. Just a little. Now. To understand you have to block everything you ever thought was ethical or right. Then and only then can you start to see what they are doing and how it works. Remember the surprise about the Drank.

2. howie says:

They might really be going to mint trillion dollar coins. I hope so. Free money is great. At this point why not. Shake Dat Tree. Amazing to see the total meltdown. A guy on Rush today was talking about it. They mint a Trillion dollar coin and give it to the Fed. Then the Fed gives them a Trillion to spend. I kid you not. It is hilarious. Like kids playing Monopoly. This is meltdown time.

• Coast says:

I work for a well-known federal agency…and our Finance Officer told me about this scheme about two months ago. And he was not joking. Its a great way to destroy what’s left of our monetary system.

• howie says:

Well the crew of this ship is manning the lifeboats. The heroes of the fools that trusted them are collaborating to save their hides. Good Grief. Do people have to be hit over the head with a Bat to figger out they have been sold out?

3. howie says:

I posted this a while back. Now some may get the drift.

4. howie says:

Just got a mailout from my Dem. Congresscritter BIG HEADLINE>>>>>

INSIDE: Are you missing out on benefits?
    Important information on how we can assist you and your family.

It is over folks….Eat Drink and be Merry!!!! I kid you not.

Maybe the Asteroid will put it on a Bullseye…Yan never know.

5. jordan2222 says:

Even in Monopoly, the bank cannot create money.

• howie says:

That was the flaw in the game. Somebody won. This is Free Money! Where else in the world is there Free Money? Only here. Nothing can compete with it. Greece can not mint a Trillion Dollar coin. Neither can China….Get your fair share…All ya gotta do is dive in.

6. fmhayes48 says:

SPIT!!! Spit!!!! Spit!!!! Spit!!! We MUST do something to stop this insanity!!! But WHAT?????

7. Ugh says:

Why is this even considered? The house will go a head and do as zero wishes.

8. howie says:

Now, maybe this is a world order plot. The USA is the only place to get the Free Money I think. Greece is not getting any. I know of no other place to get it. I think we deserve Free Money. We are the only ones blessed with it. Other places they have to work for food.

9. czarowniczy says:

Hope is on the way! After saying he didn’t want to assume the position, Barney Frank has expressed an interest in John Kerry’s seat. Why let a good financial crisis go to waste when one can not only make it worse butt profit by it? After Barney’s last financial bill that added yet another definition to ‘pork’ there’s still some life in the economy he can stomp on. Kerry’s Congressional AIDS have yet to respond to Frank’s proposition.

10. BertDilbert says:

Their is no constitutional requirement to pay the debt, only a requirement to recognize the money is owed. Congress decides what money is. Anyone putting an ounce of faith in that line of the constitution is forgetting the gold reserve act. Yeah, they have done it before and they will do it again. Everybody move along, nothing to see here….

• howie says:

Maybe they could mint a 20 Trillion Coin. Why only one Trillion. These Obama Bucks will be very collectible. I want one in MS 70. They could mint a whole series of them. Then back to the best idea yet. 100 dollar bills you can download and print yourself. Of course a Camel Coupon will be worth more. It is wort 1/1000 of a cent cash value.

11. howie says:

Who could they put on the coin? I vote for LBJ. He is the father of the great society. On the back could be a giant octopus.

12. Sentenza says:

Hail ceasar!

I can’t remember where I grabbed that, so feel free to use it.

13. Pingback: Democrat Harry Reid In ’06: Raising Debt Limit Is The Last Thing We Should Do. Video. « Political Vel Craft