“You know we have ten years notice on this fiscal deadline. And you know when they decided to address it? Ten years, one hour, and thirty-six minutes is when they finally decided to come up with a bill. They bring the bill to the floor. Which, I never saw the bill. I’m not sure there was ever a bill printed. But, I was told it was somewhere online at 1:36 AM and we voted at 1:39 AM. This is no way to run a government.“

CONFIRMED - The Senate was forced to vote on New Years Day, at 2:00am, for the “Fiscal Cliff Bill” exactly THREE, count them, 3 minutes after receiving it.   That means they had exactly 1.16 seconds to read each of the 154 pork-loaded pages, and analyze the “budget score“.   (Bill pdf)

How many people voted “Yea” ?

Senate Vote 1-1

About these ads
This entry was posted in A New America, Decepticons, Dem Hypocrisy, Harry Reid, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized, White House Coverup. Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to CONFIRMED ! “We Never Saw The Bill”….. 89 Senators Voted For The Fiscal Cliff Bill Without Ever Even Seeing It ? Does This Represent YOU ?….

1. Sharon says:

Of course they don’t represent me or anyone else, but that figures–since we are no longer functioning as a representative Republic. Haven’t been for quite awhile now.

Add: While I appreciate Rand Paul’s shiny little brainy as much as the next normal American, I still have to wonder: it’s perfectly articulate of him to lay out the shoddiness of the unconstitutional procedure and the sheer dysfunctionality by which they rammed yet another disaster through—but I have to ask a question. s

Since some of them are so all-fired smart and really articulate, did it occur to any of them to raise a point of order, make a public fuss and try to stop what was happening? I’m not talking about the chances of it changing anything: I’m asking if it occurred to any of them to raise a point of order or make a public fuss and try to stop what was happening?

I’m getting a little annoyed with how terribly smart and insightful and indignant they are by the time they land in Greta’s studio when apparently, inside the Halls of Congress, none of them can fight their way out of a paper bag.

• Sharon says:

I still love it that the guy who had the stroke a year ago–and just came back today to a great hullabaloo, has perfectly illustrated what their vaunted (and VERY EXPENSIVE) services are worth–

Consider the value of what they produce day after day. At least try to. I think there’s no “there” there because he was gone for a whole year, learning to walk again, having two or three dozen brain surgeries—and guess what!?? It didn’t interfere with his senatorial career or his representation of his constituency. Not one bit!

Wish I could get me a job like that, at that level of pay, with those retirement perks. Gone for a whole year—and nuttin’ ever misses a beat.

• howie says:

There is not much they can do at this point. Trying to keep a sinking boat afloat a while longer. The math will sink it sooner or later. I think trying to get off grid and as self sufficient as possible is the plan now.

• Sharon says:

I know there’s nothing they can do. I just wish they’d spare us the embarrassment of watching them talk about it as though they’re really trying.

They need to stop dancing. All of them. Especially the “conservatives.” The music of the Republic has stopped. And the king has entered the building.

• howie says:

Unfortunately that seems to be the conclusion. Just lookit what is going on. The GOP is now collaborating. They are passing middle of the night instant legislation with a majority of Democrat votes. That should be a tell. There is no opposition in DC. The lifting of the credit limit will happen the same way.

• Sharon says:

I believe that obama has already deemed the credit limit to be nonexistent and irrelevant…a couple of days ago. He said that he was not going to engage again about that particular matter. So that’s already done.

• howie says:

I hear ya. The QE is now unlimited. The GOP is irrelevant. All the main players seem to be waving the white flag to me. Oh well. They are now going to go in to the big fight over spending. They will want to cut Medicare….and social security. Now that will go over like a lead baloon. They should leave it and propose cutting government agencies. But Noooooo!

• Sharon says:

W/re to SS (and the need to reduce medicare costs as well, in order to save money….for the benefit of the grandchildren doncha know) I think both Social Security and Medicare are going to be cut for current recipients–with the argument that it’s to spare the younger generation who won’t benefit from them. Then, as the elderly lose their homes or can’t sustain normal living expenses, that will become the argument for the “government providing all their care,” and voila! everybody gets moved into the purty cement apartment buildings. It might take a few years to play out (or not) but that’s what I think they will use.

And it won’t be their fault, they’ll just be “trying to resolve the nation’s financial problems”…

And no one will want to be using the line, “Over my dead body!” when this is proposed.

• howie says:

See my victimhood idea. I think we are now the victims. They are the oppressors. Thus we should become the “protected class.” I claim victimhood. They can no longer have it. I am going to study the Civil Rights Act. It is designed to protect the minority.

• howie says:

It should be challenged legally. I am going to research it. I think it interesting. I don’t think they are still victims. We are now. I am feeling oppressed by majority oppressors myself.

• Sharon says:

I’ve noticed over the past few years that legal challenges that threaten the resident or his power don’t have a prayer.

Look what George Zimmerman is having to “challenge” legally? And that’s a somewhat diffused, and generalized socio/legal construct that is destroying him. Not even focused “at him” for crying out loud…he’s a target of convenience. It was all there waiting to target whoever stumbled into it.

There are decisions that will be made. And challenging them legally, if and when it gets to that point, will not be an option.

• howie says:

Where are they going to find a bus with no back and no front? Only and under?

• jordan2222 says:

This business of not reading bills before voting is not new. Pelosi first brought it to the public’s attention and I bet most of them still have not read that health care bill.

I know Ron Paul used to express disdain for the process but he was always ignored.

These folks are going to do whatever the hell they want.

It’s why I support a requirement that all bills must be backed with specific supporting references in our Constitution but that would mean NOTHING gets passed. I also think the bills should all have to be read out loud on the floor and we should be able to watch it on CSpan.

This is truly a secret government operating entirely behind closed doors completely out of public view.

How on earth can a Senator negotiate privately with a President and the people not storm the Capitol demanding they come out of hiding?

A hundred years ago, that could not have happened.

There is absolutely no way to impeach those who violate the oath of office because EVERY ‘SINGLE ONE OF THEM do it.

Until someone figures out a way to have these criminals arrested, NOTHING will ever change. As far as I know, there is no Constitutional way to try these dirty rotten scoundrels.

The FOUNDERS never considered that things could get this bad because the power to change is supposed to be in the voting process. Well, we can see how that worked out.

I better stop, I am getting riled up and there is not a damn thing I can do that I haven’t tried.

• lovemygirl says:

Don’t stop getting riled up. This is the beginning!

• jordan2222 says:

I used to keep copies of all the damn letters I wrote, and I finally trashed them. They meant nothing except to me. My best friend closes every email he sends me in response to anything I send to him of a political nature with WS. It means We are screwed.

And you know what? We are. There is simply nothing we can do legally to end this crap. There are more of “them” than us and a bunch of us have joined in with them. NO ONE is going to vote against “benefits” they receive after they start and that is part of their hook. We are all now SOOOO entitled.

If you could physically see the spirit of truth, compared to the spirit of false truth, there is a very thin line and only those with the power of discernment can understand it. It’s why so many of the “thinkers” here keep saying that we have to arm ourselves with information.

At the end of the day, all we can personally do is stand rooted in our beliefs and RESPOND by saying, “Hell, No.”

What good would it do to “REACT?” How could you do that?

• Barney says:

Oh my gosh our congress sucks!? This is breaking news!

2. howie says:

10 acres and a real treehouse?

3. kathyca says:

I talked to my rep. before 8 pm eastern and he commented on the pork in the bill at that time. I can’t speak to whether others had it by then, but my rep did and knew what it said for all salient purposes. He also knew at that time what the CBO numbers were. I called him minutes after reading it here. He got off the phone with me to go into meetings about the proposed amendments that never happened, and he voted no on the Senate bill.

4. lovemygirl says:

I pointed it out to my wife when Rand Paul was interviewed that he voted for a bill he never saw.

5. CorkyAgain says:

Well, look, this is what you get with party politics. They don’t need to read the bill when they’re doing what they’ve always done — which is follow whatever instructions came down from the leadership.

(This also explains how the senator recuperating from a stroke could be just as effective as he ever was. All he needed was someone to show him which button to push.)

The idea that Congress is a deliberative body is so naive.

• Sharon says:

I’m not aware of anyone who thinks that today’s Congress is a deliberative body. I believe they are supposed to be, but that’s entirely different than thinking they are.

6. Josh says:

At ALL levels of government, most of YOUR elected officials do NOT read what is presented to them. They vote as “staff” tells them to.

Why do they do this? How do they do this? BECAUSE THEY CAN!

They know that YOU are going to do nothing about it other than possibly piss~n~moan.

Sorry folks but that’s the truth.

• Sharon says:

They should not be presumptuous about what they think they know. They really shouldn’t.

The fact is, we are all on a learning curve that is disorienting and volatile and LOADED with information that we have not had to deal with before in our lifetimes. I am guessing that most of us today are literally doing things TODAY that we were not doing 2 years ago. Aren’t you? I think you are….

If it is the truth, there’s no need to be sorry about it. It think it probably is sort of the truth–today–or last month–or last year. Just because that has been a pattern of compliance does not mean it will remain so. Each of us is peeling off and doing things we’ve never done before. .

• howie says:

All you gotta see is the white flags flying. All over the place. Tell me I am wrong.

• Josh says:

What needs to be done is: good Americans that believe in our Constitutional Republic and wish to keep it must get involved – and it begins at the local level. The mess that has been created (especially over the past 13 years) can actually be undone quietly and peaceably if only people would get out of their comfort zones and get involved. Sure it’s going to take some time to fix but it can be done. Elected officials KNOW that most people will not leave their comfort zones. Again I ask, how many of you attend your local governmental meetings? I’m going to bet very few. That’s where the trouble begins. That’s where elected officials realize that they are not being watched. It is them that then rise in power.

I know of what I speak. I am the only conservative on the group with which I serve. It is a lonely place. It would be nice if any of the citizens who praise me (quietly and out of ear shot of anyone lest they hear) would simply attend meetings. I’ve got less than two years to go and will probably step down. Why stay? I’ve done my time. Let someone else do it. My lovely little town is now governed by socialists. I don’t mind being up there but when I’m fighting alone… again why stay?

I really appreciate Scott Ott (of the Trifecta team). He put his money where his mouth is so to speak. He ran for office once and did not win. He tried, tried again and won.
        Scott Ott (R) running for Lehigh County Commissioner.
        It goes without saying that I wish Mr. Ott all the luck (?) in the world.

Attend your local meetings and at least make them think you are watching.
        If you have a local politician that is trying to do the right thing, back them up – PLEASE HELP THEM. They need you. Your town, county, state, country needs you.

• howie says:

Just set a higher price on your vote.

7. genomega1 says:

Reblogged this on News You May Have Missed and commented:
    CONFIRMED ! “We Never Saw The Bill”….. 89 Senators Voted For The Fiscal Cliff Bill Without Ever Even Seeing It ? Does This Represent YOU ?….