“WWMPD” – What Would Molly Pitcher Do ?

According to a report from Gatway Pundit - The Daughters of the American Revolution [DAR], whose motto is “God, home and country”, removed all references to God and Christianity from all of its official books. Chaplains were told to stop using the name of Jesus. The DAR even removed “America the Beautiful” from its official documents because it mentions God.

Molly Pitcher  (aka: Mary Ludwig Hays McCauly) was born in 1754, near Trenton, New Jersey. During the American Revolution, she accompanied her husband to the Battle of Monmouth and carried pitchers of water for cooling the cannons, thereby earning her nickname. Supposedly, after her husband collapsed, she took his place at the cannon and served heroically through the battle. She died in 1832.  (read)

About these ads
This entry was posted in A New America, Heros, Tea Party, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to “WWMPD” – What Would Molly Pitcher Do ?

1. elvischupacabra says:

Oh, look… another cult of inbred, New England blue-bloods.

• Wag 'O The Western Plains says:

Not all of us are as described above. My ancestors were back country North Carolina Quaker (!you know they were pissed!) farmers who led the Regulation before they broke their oath to George Rex and joined up with the Continental Army. After the war they emigrated to the wilderness of Ohio, then on to points West. I’ve toyed with the idea of gathering the documents required to join, but I’ve been spending too much time learning the practical skills those ancestors possessed to do so. I also wonder if I’d fit in…I can do refined, but I’m inclined towards rough-n-ready.

• ctdar says:

If eligible you ought to join, there are researchers within the chapters that can help you with the paperwork and if you have children they can use the same papers if they want to join one day. The DAR does great work via volunteer, fundraising & scholarships that remember, honor & teach about Veterans & their sacrifices.
        I grew up in a town that had streets named after some of my ancestors that fought or gave aid to the Revolutionary War and had no idea til a relative passed on the paperwork @10 years ago…I wish I had known, would have had made history classes a lot more interesting.

• ctdar says:

Oh & you don’t necessarily have to join your town’s chapter, can attend area meetings as an observer until you find one that you feel is a good fit. I’m one of the youngsters in my Chapter but everyone has the common interest, has fun & gets along real well despite age difference.

2. lovemygirl says:

Just for that I’m not joining. Seriously though, I am truly becoming frightened as to what is happening to our country. Up until recently I thought it was just the loud mouthed lunatic fringe. Now they are actually doing things and passing laws and people still are not rising up.

• sundance says:

No one will.

Neither physically, emotionally, intellectually, or otherwise…. nor will they even raise their vote in protest.

If you doubt that statement stand at the security gate of any airport and watch the TSA. [if they will let you (they won't)]. The goal was a slow numbing over time….

….. Currently people are accepting. There is no reason to believe that will change.

• Sharon says:

They been “actually doing things and passing laws” for a long time. It’s ok with most of the people.

3. fmhayes48 says:

LOL at DOR!! The devil thinks he’s gonna win this one, but it will only be a temporary. You can try to remove GOD from everything you touch or touches you, but the last WORD will be of His Divine Voice. I wouldn’t want to be in your shoes when His time comes.

4. ctdar says:

The DAR response and all the Booklets produced by the Society going back to 1903 are in a link at the bottom of their home page:

The DAR does great work to remember, honor & teach about the veterans that battled for this country to give you the freedoms you enjoy today.

• cajunkelly says:

First, the question was posed by a national media group that if the motto of DAR is God, Home and Country, then “…why is DAR taking out references to God…” in its printed material. Nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, as currently written, the 113 page Ritual and Missal contains over 300 references to “Almighty God,” “Great God our King” (America hymn), “Our Heavenly Father,” “Heavenly Father,” “God of Hosts,” “God,” “Lord,” “Eternal God,” “Your Holy Spirit,” “Lord your God,” “Gracious Lord,” “Almighty and Everlasting God,” “Gracious Father,” and similar variations.

Second, the allegation has been leveled that Chaplains and others have been told not to pray in the name of Jesus Christ. Again, this is an absolute falsehood. Each Chaplain and other officers are strongly encouraged to create their own prayers into which they may insert the name of Jesus Christ as deemed appropriate for the occasion and the audience.

5. cajunkelly says:

The comments below that article at Gateway Pundit have me just shaking my head. The proof (from DAR’s website, even) that this is NOT TRUE has been posted by commenters at least a dozen times, yet others are still behaving in a manner that reminds me of the “Panic Button” on the claymation movie Chicken Run.

Turns out, according to DAR themselves, the sky isn’t, in fact, falling regarding them and God.

• ctdar says:

The DAR sent out a personal note (pretty much what was issued on homepage
      dar.org) to every member early this afternoon and addressed the unfounded rumor quite succinctly.

• wildninja says:

I see what you’re saying. FOX News made it sound like all references to God and Christianity were removed, and they have not been. The DAR says, however, that they have made some changes to be more sensitive to “religious freedom,” so from what I know so far the report is not unfounded. I blogged about this earlier and am hoping to hear from people within the organization. I’m not happy about the changes, but at the same time I’m not happy with how these reports have been blown out of proportion. I think someone on this site posted this link already, http://www.dar.org/natsociety/content.cfm?ID=1648&hd=n. It’s the email we members received today.

6. 22tula says:

“My Life Without God” – April 20, 2012
    Host: Vic Eliason Guest: William Murray

“The Lie of ‘Separation of Church and State’ & the U.S. Supreme Court’s Usurpations of Power.” By Publius Huldah

The Sword & the Shield
    Also see right side bar, “Where do Rights come from?…” – 2 YouTube Links

7. John Galt says:

The writing is on the wall. And so begins the transition to Sharia law.

8. Pingback: FOXNEWS by TODD STARES « How Did We Get Here