Monday Open Thread – December 31st

Tomb of the Unknown ChristmasOur Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL.

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

About these ads
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

54 Responses to Monday Open Thread – December 31st

1. WeeWeed says:

First off, on this last morning of 2012, we want to wish our dear Auntie Lib a Happy, Happy Birthday!! Many more, dear girl, many more!! :D

Photobucket

2. WeeWeed says:

“Preener In Chief” (I think that’s a typo. I’m sure it’s “Pissant” in chief.)

• Sharon says:

The article bothers me a bit–it sounds like the writer is still genuinely trying to understand why the PIC is acting the way he is. Near the end, the author basically says, “Prez, you’re gonna to sign whatever they send you and that’s the way it is.” Really? Not since W left office that is NOT the way it is. If he doesn’t want to sign it, he won’t.

These people haven’t played chicken on a country road with two 1940′s cars racing toward each other at about 35 mph (driven by terrified teenagers). If they had, they would know that eventually you actually can always find a couple of fools who will drive straight into each other –

Makes me tired that so many of the supposedly smart aren’t so much.

• howie says:

Gun Control has worked well for others. Castro, Mao, Stalin, etc. Obama wants to be just as good.

• waltherppk says:

All that gun control stuff depends upon gun registration as a prerequisite so then they need to have a list of what guns what people have …..right ? If there is a plan to confiscate guns then it helps to know exactly who has what guns so they will know exactly where to go to “confiscate” them right ? What exactly is the difference between “confiscation” and stealing ? I’m still working on that one because hey it sounds a lot like the same thing to me, confiscation and stealing, not much difference I see there,..or is that just me ? And then I ask myself the question, is it “good guys” who would want for me to be defenseless …..or isn’t that more like what the “bad guys” would want ? So many questions …I’m sure I’ll figure it out somehow. I’ll keep working on it, it’s a real mystery.

• Sharon says:

There’s no difference between confiscation and stealing and they’re not concerned about pretending there is. All they are concerned about is that the citizenry is not well armed. Get over the confusion–there is no confusion! It is the bad guys who want you defenseless. You’re not confused at all! That’s what makes ‘em uneasy, y’see! 8O

• howie says:

The agencies. The Federal agencies. Are the problem. They are only funded by increasing exponential borrowing from the Fed and China. The key is the debt ceiling. It is what the socialists fear most. All their plans are funded by borrowing. Stop the borrowing and stop them. It is time to ban and abolish the agencies. Not the 2nd amendment.

• Sharon says:

When I tried to click in to the ulsterman piece from here, I was blocked with a Google notice saying that their site has Malware. That has to be a Google action–because I can get in through Internet Explorer(yet)

3. michellc says:

Just curious if a conservative journalist wrote that we should make the Sierra Club or HSUS a terrorist organization and a felony to be a member and that we should tie Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi behind a truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on taxes, gun grabbing, environment, everything liberalism, what kind of outrage would there be?
    I’m guessing we won’t hear or read any outrage about this article.

• Repeal the Second Amendment, the part about guns anyway. It’s badly written, confusing and more trouble than it’s worth. It offers an absolute right to gun ownership, but it puts it in the context of the need for a “well-regulated militia.” We don’t make our militia bring their own guns to battles. And surely the Founders couldn’t have envisioned weapons like those used in the Newtown shooting when they guaranteed gun rights. Owning a gun should be a privilege, not a right.(Badly written? Confusing? I guess since it’s simple and short unlike today’s laws and bills that are thousands of pages and more often than not one paragraph contradicting another paragraph, it makes it hard for so called intellectuals to understand.)
    • Declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal. Hey! We did it to the Communist Party, and the NRA has led to the deaths of more of us than American Commies ever did. (I would also raze the organization’s headquarters, clear the rubble and salt the earth, but that’s optional.) Make ownership of unlicensed assault rifles a felony. If some people refused to give up their guns, that “prying the guns from their cold, dead hands” thing works for me.(Sanctioned government killing, I wonder if he knows there are countries that would oblige him, maybe he would like a one way ticket to one of those countries? Silly me, they love commies so much they want to be like them.)
    • Then I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control.

• howie says:

Repeal is constitutional. Let them try. I have no problems with that. That is how it is sposed to go. Of course failing repeal owning a rifle can never be a felony.

4. ctdar says:

WTH when is Congress going to take impeachment steps on this enemy of the state? It will be too late after the Mushroom cloud appears where DC once was.

5. WeeWeed says:

The bar is now open!! Some peeps call it New Year’s Eve – we call it Auntie Lib’s Birthday!! :D

Photobucket

6. 22tula says:

Happy Birthday Auntie Lib!

7. Sharon says:

A bit of the back story details from Bill O’Reilly re the assistance he provided to the Marine chained to his bed in the Mexican jail–the one the obaMadministration couldn’t be bothered about.