Bumper Sticker Of The Day…

About these ads

About Patriot Dreamer

“When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion – when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing – when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors – when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you – when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice – you may know that your society is doomed.” ~Ayn Rand *************************************************** In the battle between good intentions vs. unintended consequences….UC always win. ~Sharon
Image | This entry was posted in Bumper Stickers. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Bumper Sticker Of The Day…

1. LouDaJew says:

last year I went to the gun range a lot around this time. all of the staff there wished me a Merry Christmas. I get it. when I was growing up in a mostly Jewish neighborhood, everybody said Merry Christmas. I do say Happy Holidays now (maybe not to offend), but I always do like it when someone wishes me a Merry Christmas. brings me back to my younger years back in the 70′s.
    anyway, Merry Christmas!

• Patriot Dreamer says:

Lou, do you observe Hanukkah?

• LouDaJew says:

somewhat, I’m a reformed Jew. I usually only celebrate the High Holidays.

• czarowniczy says:

I have Jewish and Christian relatives. Merry Christmas in our house is proferred as an extension of the peace and happiness the season signifies, just as ‘a freilichin Chanukah’ is. Problem I see is that too many people take the greeting as a religious challenge or attempt at conversion and not as the offering of a season’s blessing. Smile at ‘em all, let God sort ‘em out. Merry Christmas to all.

• Patriot Dreamer says:

Happy belated Hanukkah! Like czarowniczy, I view it as simply a greeting of the season’s blessings. The Freedom from Religion folks and the ACLU have been attacking it relentlessly.

All the best wishes to you and your family.

2. 22tula says:

“Xmas and Christmas: A Lost Chapter from Herodotus”
    C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock

3. Josh says:

I’ve been saying, “Happy celebrated day of the birth of Jesus Christ!”

4. Libby says:

I was wishing Merry Christmas to a nieghbor a day or two ago (trailing off the end of my statement was “I dont really celebrate Christmas much”…and what I wanted to say but didnt come out, “but I dont let that deter me from giving out holiday well wishes”).
    So, he starts to apologize for saying “Merry Christmas” to me. My response was “Hey, it’s all good”, but what I meant to say and didnt was “I started it, you did nothing wrong; I had already encouraged you”
    Of course, it can be hard to say all this while giving greetings to neighbors from across the two front yards.
    Cheer I find an important ingredient as well as a refusal to be insulted at someone who is trying to be nice (they may not know I am Muslim, but this really isnt a Muslim country, so why would I expect everyone to know).
    Some Muslims seem to think saying “Mery Christmas” is bad because we dont celebrate it (I think they should go elsewhere if they dont like it here). I came to the conclusion that I can celebrate what I want and still be cheerful in a manner that a vast majority of people understand (I also wish happy Hanakah- though I know it is kinda exaggerated in how it is presented and I wish happy Kwanza sometimes, as well….And I have been throwing in Happy winter solstice as well…not sure that goes down well.
    Hope all the treepers are safe and sound and enjoying family and friends and the comfort of their faith and their holiday in the most special way (Merry Christmas to all)!