Shut Up And Do What I say….

Regarding Fiscal Cliff Negotiations …Mr. Obama repeatedly lost patience with the speaker as negotiations faltered. In an Oval Office meeting last week, he told Mr. Boehner that if the sides didn’t reach agreement, he would use his inaugural address and his State of the Union speech to tell the country the Republicans were at fault.

At one point, according to notes taken by a participant, Mr. Boehner told the president, “I put $800 billion [in tax revenue] on the table. What do I get for that?”

“You get nothing,” the president said. “I get that for free.”  (article)

About these ads
This entry was posted in A New America, Communist, Election 2012, Obama re-election, Obama Research/Discovery, Quotes, Typical Prog Behavior. Bookmark the permalink.

49 Responses to Shut Up And Do What I say….

1. Arkindole says:

Sounds like Mr. Boehner’s media manager (note taker) has been watching Wonka again…

2. There’s that “flexibility” the White House boy promised after the Election.
    Proof that when Lucifer sends an Anti-Christ, he doesn’t mess around.

• akathesob says:

So very true and well said.

• griz1234 says:

Can’t say the American People weren’t warned.

While I’m an atheist, I must admit that there have been moments in American History where it certainly appeared that the Hand of God intervened to avoid disaster.

Reagan’s election comes to mind.

I frankly could not comprehend how enough Americans could be so wrong-headed as to elect Obama the first time… His re-election? I don’t know what to think.

Proof that God doesn’t exist? That He has forsaken us, or is visiting Old Testament Wrath upon us via the Obamanation?

The GOP had better start acting as if they have pair, otherwise they’re gonna join the Whig Party on the ash-heap of history.

• Coast says:

God has taken a step back…which allows evil to overshadow wisdom and judgement. That was the only way someone as bad as Obama could be elected and re-elected.

Your writing make me believe that you are not atheist…but only you can decide. Not tying to offend.

• canadacan says:

Amen. Everything you just said Coast my thoughts exactly

• griz1234 says:

Oh, no offense taken.

In my experience, there’s 2 kinds of atheist:

There’s the aggressive and belligerent sort, typically flaming Lib’tards that engage in behavior that religions consider to be sin, and therefore have a major chip on their shoulder… Because someone’s telling them what they know to be wrong IS in fact WRONG.

Then, there’s the sort that simply doesn’t believe in something without objective and verifiable evidence. I’m mostly that second type, though if someone were to call me a blasphemer because I eat meat on a Friday I suspect I would get a tad belligerent!

• Sharon says:

Making decisions about the reality of God based on His lack of action where the US is concerned seems to be based on an assumption “If God IS, He will take care of the United States of America…” There is no basis for such a correlation.

America does not have a covenant relationship with God that compels Him to act in our interests in any particular way. His willingness to let Americans crash and burn does not prove that He doesn’t exist. It just demonstrates predictable and observable cause and effect.

I have no trouble seeing cause and effect in what He’s permitting, but “what He’s permitting” neither proves nor disproves His existence. God is not a divine pull-toy that must make predictable noises when childish nations run down the sidewalk.

griz, might it be more accurate to describe yourself as an agnostic?

Sheesh–deep waters for 3:20 in the morning….sleep, where are you.

3. dukeitout says:

John Boehner is no longer just an embarrassment to the base of he republican party, he has become a international embarrassment.
    He has been slapped around so much by Obama he has taken on the demeanor of a battered housewife.
    John Boehner needs to step down as speaker or else be forced out, he has niether the stomach or intelligence to stand up against Obama and it needs to happen immediately, other wise Boehner will not only give Obama his own lunch money ,but ours as well. In fact I think Boehner may have already done that.

4. Knuckledraggingwino says:

POTUS = Psychopath

5. griz1234 says:

Don’t any of the Country Club Republican RINO set remember the Elder Bush abandoning his “read my lips, no new taxes” pledge… How (for about 5 seconds) the Dems congratulated him on his “bipartisanship”, “flexibility”, and “pragmatic statesmanship”… And then started howling about what a liar he was?

Only Lib’tards can muster the hypocrisy to attack someone for compromising and doing what THEY DEMANDED… and only the vile MSM let them get away with it.

6. sundance says:

Did you know – – – – The Speaker Of The House can be anyone? Doesn’t have to be a member or congress, or a politician, or an elected official, or anything of the sort. It’s true. Look it up.

The Speaker Of The House can be any citizen. Period.

I think the GOP membership in the House should vote to make Mitt Romney speaker of the house. After all, wasn’t it his financial acumen that drove the most significant points of advocacy?

Just sayin’…..

Can’t start a movement without first raising your hand and offering a suggestion.

• griz1234 says:

I think Mitt is done with public service.

I can’t blame him.

• Knuckledraggingwino says:

Gov Palin for Speaker of the House. That would put her only two heart beats away from being POTUS!

• Sharon says:

Absolutely. Let’s get really mad (I’m not funnin’ about that–they don’t know we’re just getting started in terms of getting a focus for our anger and a defined response) and let’s get some government of the people, by the people and for the people.

It was and is a great idea….let’s do it! :)

• Knuckledraggingwino says:

Just to substantiate your point aboutnthe Speaker of the House not necessarily needing to be a member.

Thank you for teaching me something new!

• Coast says:

Yes, I knew that, but if they can handle what to me seems like a fairly easy situation, then I don’t have much hope. They need to communicate to the American people that we need to start paying for the government that American apparently wants. Tell the American people that two things are going to change…first, that taxes are going to be “fair” and second, we are no longer going to run deficits. As a result, everyone is now going to pay taxes. Does not matter how rich or poor, everyone pays the same rate. And, because we all want this massive federal spending, taxes need to go way way up. Then the House can pass incremental funding bills to continue the spending, reduce the spending, or shut the federal govt down. Really, it would not be that hard to send a message to all of American that says “you vote, you selected Obama”…”now here is the bill”. This is probably the only way to change what’s going on. Otherwise, Obama will continue running up the debt, which is in essence wealth re-distribution on us and future generations. This MUST STOP!

• Knuckledraggingwino says:

I want to go over the fiscal cliff.

The Bush Tax cuts were an economically brilliant application of supply side economics that saved the economy from 9-11. Unfortunately; the Bush tax cuts were a long term political disaster that transformed lower middle class tax payers who therefore understood the need for fiscal restraint into non tax payers who would support the agenda of a poverty pimp named Obama because they wouldn’t have to pay for it.

Repealing the Bush tax cuts is the only way to restore the sanity of the electorate.

• howie says:

The first state to stop sucking the Federal Teat and institute a Mariel Bus Lift wins.

• howie says:

If we go over every agency will have to cut 10% if the future baseline increases. That is a start. That is the fear of the Democrats. Not the people getting tax increases. The GOP should want to go over. Taxpayers did not vote for Obama. Taxtakers did. Remember…They Lie. That is the Truth.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Yep. I think there is a group of congress critters planning a coup right now. (At least I hope so!) Not Boenher’s fault per se, it’s just not “politics as usual” anymore. Either it’s not in Boehner’s demeanor how to handle The Won, or Boehner is “in the fishbowl” and doesn’t see it for what it is. Probably both.

7. cmsiq2 says:

You do realize Republicans shot down Boehner’s own bill which would have retained lower taxes on everyone making over a million dollars a year.

For additional carrots, the bill also increased military spending, and cut spending on teachers and meals on wheels. (Things Republicans love).

But the Republicans couldn’t get themselves to defy their overlord Grover Norquist.

• Coast says:

They shot is down, and rightfully so, because it raised taxes and push spending cuts to the right (meaning that they moved into future years). Just because the law takes effect in January does not mean it can’t be changed at any time. Frankly…I WANT TAXES TO GO UP…on eveyone. Everyone must pay…and I WANT SPENDING to go WAY DOWN. I want fiscal sanity…and Boehner’s bill was not that.

• howie says:

There should be a fifty year note to pay off the debt and no further borrowing. It is only a couple hundred Trillion right now. But going up too fast.

8. czarowniczy says:

Obama’s riding high on photo-ops with yet more dead bodies AND he’s whipped his hoards of fiscal zombies into a feeding-on-the-rich (i.e., anyone who can by a 40-ouncer without using food stamps) frenzy. Boner, I swear, must be to conservatives like, well, Chuck Hagel is to conservatives. We used to have the old Dixiecrats in the South, conservatives who were Republicans (real Republicans, not these playdough copies we have now) but could not get elected unless they ran as Democrats. Maybe these ersatz Republicans are like that, they can’t get elected as simpering, whining fence-sitting Democrats so they past on a set of borrowed cajones and run as The Other White Meat. Boner should have been replaced the second after he had that teary episode that has defined him ever since. So far that’s been his high point.

• howie says:

The main thing they should do is de-fund anything that is unconstitutional. They are in charge of paying the bills. They can not blame others.

• Sharon says:

If they’re going to defund anything that is unconstitutional that would write “cancelled” on any payments intended to return POTUS to “the mainland” as he likes to call it. I’m all in favor of that. Does Hawaii want to secede? I’d be in favor of that if they would keep there.

• howie says:

Long Swim to the Mainland. Give Hawaii back to the Hawaiians. 8 years of Obama is a death sentence for the old USA anyway. It will be worse than a second term for Carter. I think the US has already committed Obamacide. No way to make four more years.

• czarowniczy says:

The POtuS shouldn’t have to swim that far, he can do what he’s always done, proceed on the backs’ of others. Then again, there are the sharks (no ‘professional courtesy’ retorts, they’re too easy).

• BigMamaTEA says:

Funny czar! But true too.

9. TandCrumpettes says:

Oh my word. I am just shakin’ in my boots to hear that Obama’s going to…gasp…tell the country that Republicans are at fault. He’s never done that before! (snicker)

• howie says:

Ohhh Nooooo! Mr. Boner. President Sluggo strikes again.

• Coast says:

I hope Obama does pull the blame game, because I think most people have finally started to see through this fake act. I don’t care what the taxtakers think, but I know a lot of people at work who voted for this jerk…and I’ll glad to see how they feel as tax bills go up.

The House needs to start de-funding the giveaway programs…and there is nothing that Obama can do. I sure wish I was there. Come on MSNBC, where’s my interview?

• howie says:

Honestly I don’t think so. I agree with Rush. The voters are morons. They know that Obama=Freebies and that is how they vote. There are now more of them than us. It is over in 2014. Now is the time to stop them or give it up. The GOP is a joke so far with the leadership. They are doomed. That is what it looks like to me. Democracy is killing the constitution and Federalism.

• Coast says:

The main reason why I wish voting rights were completely different. If you’re not a productive citizen, then you can’t vote. Not working? Not paying taxes? On the public take? Then you CAN’T VOTE.

Also, another reason why everyone should pay taxes…regardless on income.

• BigMamaTEA says:

You are correct too howie, that’s because we are a R-E-P-U-B-L-I-C.