Cloudy With A Chance Of Missiles…..

A MESSAGE FROM SOUTHERN ISRAEL - […] Our kids are showing signs of severe stress. Our spouses have stopped eating when there is news about an attack in Gaza. Our blood pressure goes up as we count off the locations where missiles have fallen – sometimes when we were only a few hundred meters away. The sound of a distant car alarm sets off a crying jag that simply has no real justification other than that burning feeling of not being able to take it anymore.

The unified, resilient front is still there, but it is being propped up by a million people living under threat of missile fire, each of us forced to confront our own individual fears. My own response has already become physical – clearly a manifestation of PTSD. And I am not alone. All my rational understanding of the futility of war has simply become raw, unpolished fear that comes over me when I hear that piercing sound of the siren.

Forget politics. This is Chinese torture. Adrenalin in overdrive. Kids crying. Powerlessness to the logical extreme. All I want is for someone to make it stop, but for that to happen there would have to be an acknowledgement that something was wrong. There would have to be international pressure on the Palestinians to stop these missile attacks.

So as I sit here at home, listening to the booms of the endless barrage of missiles falling over Beersheba, I want to make myself heard. This is an unacceptable situation! War is not like the weather.

Missiles are not something that we have to learn to live with like the seasons of the year. This is not the blizzard of 2012. And telling me and my neighbors otherwise is only turning this forecast into one of despair.  ~Faye Bittker

(Author lives just outside of Beersheba)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please keep the people of Israel in your Thoughts And Prayers

About these ads
This entry was posted in Egypt & Libya Part 2, Islam, Israel, media bias, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Cloudy With A Chance Of Missiles…..

1. drkate says:

Thank you for sharing this, it is vivid.
    Wondering if the missiles were supplied by the US/CIA/Obama…missile running from Benghazi?

2. Sharon says:

Faye Bittker–message received, loud and clear.

We are ashamed of our government and horrified at what you are having to endure while they pretend it is acceptable.

Heavenly Father, please preserve Faye Bittker, mind, soul and body, this day, and give her strength and insight for each hour’s needs.

3. I cannot even begin to imagine *life* under this fear. It is difficult enough, under the modern way of life, to let fingers slip as our children step into the school bus….. thinking about trying to keep your family safe, fed, emotionally stable, and some semblence of normalcy while under the constant threat of explosives falling out of the sky because your very existence is hated by your neighbors is, well, unimaginable.

Tonight we clasped our fingers tight, held prayer in our heart, and gave thanks for the distance between us and such horrible considerations – humbled by the strength of those who endure as a general way of life. We pray deeply, we hope earnestly, and while we cannot comprehend we hold faith in our Father to protect and cherish.

4. WeeWeed says:

“…But when I look at the international press coverage, beyond the scope of my circle of friends and family on Facebook, I find the world is indifferent, or even hostile to my situation. Israel is blamed no matter what it does. And this only strengthens the resolve of the extremists in Gaza to keep the missiles coming.”

Photobucket

5. czarowniczy says:

After mentioning just a few minutes ago about the Palestinian hand-puppets setting up launch sites around schools, etc, a friend sends me this open source site: http://www.idfblog.com/2012/11/14/live-updates-idf-terror-targets-gaza/fajr5site/

Of course the likes of CNN will call these pix ‘unauthenticated’ and whatever else they can to make it seems as if the IDF is either misreading or faking them to gain international support for attacking mosques and playgrounds instead of asking Nobel Peace Prize recipient Mullah Obama to broker the issue. Whew, had to get that out.

We have yet to hear if any of the the Fajr-5s that are being used are the newer 2-stage version. The firing of even the older missiles is a major escalation by Iran (let’s cut to the chase) but the newer ones could be construed by Israel as a direct attack on Israel by Iran. I still believe that this is an attempt – now that the US elections are over – to goad Israel into attacking Iran. If you want to pray for something directly, pray that Iran doesn’t send chem or bio warheads to Gaza.

6. Josh says:

Israelis have oxygen masks in their homes for all members of their family. There are oxygens bags for the babies. This is a staple of their life.

7. cajunkelly says:

Watching on FOX as God’s people are under attack, and prayerfully weeping.

I cannot imagine the horror/terror these people are feeling. Just saw a woman’s kitchen that was hit by a missle at 7AM, imagining that she was there, making the morning meal for her family, and suddenly her kitchen was rubble.

Reportedly these people have ten seconds from the time the siren sounds, to get to shelter before the rocket hits.