Be Careful What You Ask For….. You Just Might Get it…

In November 2010, during the “lame duck” legislative session post-election, I took considerable heat via mocking and ridicule for a fundamentally abhorrent position to Republicans.   I said then:  “give President Obama everything he wants” !

Which included:

• Elimination of Bush tax rates (all of them)
      • A new $1 Trillion + Omnibus spending bill which people called “Porkulous”
      • Repeal of Don’t ask Don’t Tell
      • Extension of Unemployment Benefits
      • The 9/11 First responders payoffs bill
      • and more….

Because this was the 2010 “rebuke” election where President Obama had just been delivered a “shellacking” by the conservative takeover of the House of Representatives, many people openly ridiculed me as ‘out-of-my-mind’.

In my defense I tried to open eyes to the fact I was not looking at the moment, or the short-term “spending”;   I was looking at the long-term issue of “continuation of non-budgeted government”, knowing full well that President Obama would use his inability to get what he wants as the primary talking point in 2011 and 2012.   Obama would reset the ‘optic’ of congress as obstructionists.

Because President Obama could say he was being rebuffed, and stopped from advancing his own ideological priority agenda, he would not OWN any outcome or consequence.   He would just pass off and deflect the results as “their problem” because *they*, Republicans in Congress, wouldn’t do what he needed.

You have to understand the illogical delusion of the left to understand how to fight them.   They are not logically minded – They are emotionally minded.

As soon as congress stopped President Obama from getting what he wanted, they effectively gave him an excuse for economic failure.   If they had given him everything he wanted, he would have no way out of OWNING the failure – and the economic failure of the policy was certain.  There had been no Federal Budget since 2007, so it was totally predictable the debt ceiling would need to be raised.   [Without a budget you have no option under continuing resolutions except to raise the debt ceiling].

If Congress had given Obama 100% of what he had asked for, President Obama would have to own the outcomes.

DUH !

This is a simple understanding.  You have to expose the wound before you can heal the wound.    The well-intentioned refusal to allow the ridiculous spending just gave President Obama, and his followers, the cover – it’s not his fault.

So, with that in mind, can I just repeat myself again here in the lame duck of 2012, so that 2014 and 2016 becomes a possible time we can begin to heal the wound.

Please give President Obama everything he wants in this “lame duck”.   Give it all to him.   Give him the tax hikes he wants, give him the spending increases he wants, give him the defense cuts he wants, and let’s just get to the bottom – Please.

Make Him Own Something !

*McDonald’s just announced their “Global Sales” dropped 2% last month – it’s systemic folks*

About these ads
This entry was posted in Bailouts, Decepticons, Dem Hypocrisy, Election 2012, Obama re-election, Predictions, Socialist, Tea Party, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

66 Responses to Be Careful What You Ask For….. You Just Might Get it…

1. jwoop66 says:

I just posted on a different site, the same thing. Fuck it, tax the rich. I have to go somewhere, so I can’t elaborate now, but fuck the rich. They were in a unique position over the last 40-50 + years to stop this prog shit, and they didn’t. They had more to lose and they acted and raised their children to act as if the party would never end.
    its time to give them everything they want except for the second amendment.

Hell, I’m in a cash business and I’m gonna apply for foodstamps.

Cue curtain…

2. Give this creep everything. I wanna see this zombified America turned into a funeral pyre.

3. Not Trail Proven says:

Though I am of a similar midset in general, I respectfully disagree. The Messiah would have still been re-elected if the Republicans had gone along with the drunken spending. Progs don’t care about ownership of the problem. They simply want to keep their Chosen One in office. This is their time and the Old White Guys are out of fashion.

• Mikado Cat says:

More than 90% of Dem and GOP supported their chosen party, the election was decided by the middle. The convinceable were not convinced.

• waltherppk says:

You betcha the election was decided by independents just like was predicted.
        9% of voters exit polled said they had not made their final decision until just before actually voting. Those 9% are not partisan voters. Those are not “sheeple” voters.
        3 million other voters who voted for McCain in 2008 simply stayed home because they were disenfranchised by the RINO faux republicans and their sectarian rulemaking strategizing core who without any factual basis “believed” and had “faith” they had such a supermajority of likeminded support that they could dismiss any more moderate conservatives who would not get aboard the Romney RINO bandwagon and toe the new improved far right republican party line. Many tried to tell them in advance it would not work and were ostracized and excoriated as not having sufficient “faith” instead of being realists and being practical which they were. The masterminds called the shots and were wrong.

4. john higgins says:

he has the wheel of the titanic—he can probably find an iceburg—what can go wrong?????

5. Don’t get me wrong this is not *rolling over*. THIS IS DEFINING BETTER “RED LINES”….

The goal, the bigger goal, should be “responsibility for consequences”, not consequence “avoidance”.

Instead of drawing a line on spending, which provides cover for economic consequences, instead draw the line on “bailouts”, or more specifically “state bailouts”. Let, and force, every state to be responsible for their own insufferable short-sighted selfishness…. STOP any state BAILOUT, but allow the economic collapse of Federal Policy. Make both State and Federal governments OWN their problems.

THAT IS THE BETTER GOAL.

And in a longer term perspective this “bitter pill of consequence” will cause the insufferable leftist ideology to be defeated LONG TERM. See, and respond to the big picture, instead of being caught up in the small ball fights.

• ragnar says:

I likes it. Of course it won’t happen. The GOP is up there to act as Obamas excuse and punching bad. But what the heck. I don’t give a Hoot anymore. I say let the chips fall. Elections and the so called GOP opposition are futile at this point. Time would be better spent doing crossword puzzles and soduku.

• ottawa925 says:

Sundance, Obama BEAT Hillary. The Clintons are/were the most powerful name in the Dem party and this nobody Senator beat her like a dusty rug. From the beginning, this was a poke at whites. Hillary got beat because of race … forget about women. Now that they’ve seen how well this race thing works for Dems (cause they hate black conservatives, uncle toms, tryin to be like white man), they will continue with race. I’m not so sure now that Rahm will run in 2016. Don’t be surprised if Michele Obama’s name comes up. It’s gotten so crazy … anything can happen. Another person I’m thinking of would be Luis Gutierrez. I could be wrong, but at this point I do believe it will be another candidate coming out of Chicago. I doubt you will see a white Dem run for Prez for quite awhile. Why should they change? Things are working so well for them.

• ottawa925 says:

Sorry, but I have to DRIVE it home that Republicans CANNOT run a black candidate. Black conservatives are hated by ppl of color. And I’m not talking fkn RHINOs like Colin Powell. Oh they love Powell. And lastly, there are too many GAYS in the Republican party. They are getting elected to all sorts of positions and NO NOTHING about politics.

6. rumpole2 says:

I see some merit in this idea… any resistance by congress will give O a scape goat… they will get the blame for being obstructionist even what happens is not really related. (as they have been already.)
    I see the sense it letting things hit rock bottom, with Obama and progs owning the demise, but always provided you don’t let the patient (USA) die.

• ragnar says:

How bout if Boner announced that in the spirit of bi-partisan friendship he will put any bill that Obama himself drafts and sends him on the floor for a vote. No foolin around with it. The all the republicans could abstain and let it pass with 100% democrat responsibility.

• Exactly. Not letting the patient die – which means protecting the principles of American Government – is the key factor, the line in the sand, per se’.

That line can boldly be drawn around “consequences”. strong leaders, like Paul Ryan – Not Boehner – can explain why federal revenues recieved from Montana should not be used to “bail out” California – It is simply the fairness factor…..

The concepts of individual liberty, and individual responsibility, can, and should be, explained using the individuals checkbook. This attaches the person to the problem.

7. I think this is a fabulous idea….they can have anything they want excepting the second amendment. Let them own their ideas and e consequences that follow.

8. Coast says:

I really don’t know what the right answer is, for I don’t want Obama to do fatal damage to this nation. Maybe that damage ($16.3T and counting) is already done, I just don’t know. Nonetheless, I had a brief conversation today with a female co-worker. She’s over 60, smart and voted for Obama. Her talking points: Romney became a governor in order to “check the box”, Romney wanted to be president because he wanted to actualize his father’s dream, the republican platform was “radical” because it would take women “back”, women need to have the right to chose what they do with their bodies, and Paul Ryan was a religious radical ready to impose his will to the nation. How do you fight this? No amount of logic or argument could alter her thinking.
    I also talked to a young man that I’ve known for about two years. He’s just out of college. He voted for Romney…and said that the entire college school system is saturated with the liberal mindset. He does not see a way out either.
    Maybe what Congress should do is agree with tax increases, but only with spending cuts to social programs. My gut feeling is NOT to give Obama what he wants…we probably could never dig our way out. I’d rather drown slowly…I think.

What I would like to do is dig up both Ted Kennedy and LBJ…and beat the shit out of them with my shovel.

• nathan1152008 says:

While you’re at it, can you beat Nixon too, for taking us off the gold standard? And all the dead GOP congressmen who went-along-to-get-along?

• Coast says:

Lets start digging….I’m quite pissed off.

• Sharon says:

Before you spend a lot of time on Nixon, I actually would like to ask him a couple of rhetorical questions–while he can still talk clearly–just in case he might want to try to ‘splain, on the grave of his sainted Quaker mother and all.

9. Ugh says:

What are you talking about! They did give in, raised the debt ceiling. And they will do it again!

10. Knuckledraggingwino says:

Have had similar thoughts. Give Obama most of what he wats, But Force Him To Own It!

First thing, repeal the Bush tax cuts, but all of them. This wil make the majrity of the electorate tax payers again. It is estimated that this will hit the lowest quintuple bty far the hardest, costing them nearly 5% of their income.

Second thing, give Obama Carbon taxes “to eliminate the deficit,” while demanding ZERO cuts in spending. The minimum requirement would be $1 Trillion in new revenue. Coal I’d the obvious target but with Obama phasing out coal fueled generating plants, the bulk of the tax should be on oil. Given current US oil consumption of 20 million Barrels per day, this would require tax of about $130 per barrel or $3 per gallon. This will nearly double fuel prices. The major benefit is that fuel taxes are massively regressive, impacting the lower class the most. The poor often spend well over 10% of their income on fuel. Double that then double their electricity costs as well to take anther 5% to 10% their income. The goal is to FUCK THE POOR, but make certain that they understand that it is Obama’s policies on unrestricted taxes and spending, not Republican policies of fiscal restraint, that are being shoved up their asses.

Third: if you are an employer, fire someone. Make certain that you tell the person being fired as well as everyone else that still works for you that you are firing them because Obama is President and will probably fire even more f them too.

Fourth: angry white men should stop rescuing Obama’s constituents. Remember Katrina? Remember how all of the angry white men evacuated their wives and children, then went back into New Orleans to rescue all of Obama’s constituents? Now when there is a disaster, take care of your family and fellow conservatives, but DO NOTHING to help Obama’s constituents. LET THEM DIE! You wil be culling the gene pool and purging the voter registration rolls of useless idiots.

Fifth; we should refuse to defend the country that reelected idiots such as Obama and Jesse Jackson junior. Never again should Red State Americans send their sons and daughters off to war to avenge the mass murder of Blue State Americans.

• ottawa925 says:

who’s gonna force him to own it? Mainstream Media?

• gretchenone says:

He’s giving his low income, illegal immigrant, greenie peeps all kinds of exemptions and so forth so they’ll keep on voting for him and his ilk. What he will do is tax the middle class to death and if/when they finally revolt it will be much too late.

11. WeeWeed says:

I’m for it, AND the burden on the state. Texas will throw a walleyed fit, and I’ll quit if I’m not canned, first, before I help pay it. F*ck the deadbeats and the horses they rode in on.

• I’m not accepting any more “business”, sadly informed my help that I’m handing out pink slips & closing shop on the Friday prior to Christmas. Looks like I’m a one man operation in 2013. dumped my “Blue State” avatar as I’m now ashamed to live in New England. Only obvious hope is that Biden would take over before too long.

12. pet says:

I said the same thing the first time he was elected. Go ahead and put that liberal ideology up on the stage and let everyone see it in action and feel the results. You need to educate each generation about reality. The only way to get through to people that don’t pay attention is send them to the school of hard knocks. Carter was a perfect example of this – e.g. “Why am I stuck in this gas rationing line for 6 hours? It wasn’t like that 4 years ago”. It’s obviously going to take 8 yrs instead of 4 this time, but I am confident it will happen. It’s almost like a necessary pain you have to endure every ~ 30-40 years to bring another generation around. But – the wild card in this equation is how partisan the MSM acts now. At least they used to pretend to be objective. Now 50%+ of the population ONLY hears pure progressive advocacy 24/7 because they are too lazy to stand up and look around.

Let the zombies feel the pain, and let it wake them up.

13. HantaYo says:

HantaYo says:
    Just go ahead and raise the debt ceiling to $33 trillion. THAT might get Barack “INSANE” obama through until the end of 2013 (and completely KILL our econonmy in the process). When the stock market flatlines at about 1,000 maybe THAT will get his followers’ attention. The alternative would be to pray that a meteor hits Washington DC on inauguration day when most of his hard-core supporters are in the vicinity (the Supreme Court and “our do-nothing congress” would be a definite bonus in that scenario). Personally, I will never again “willingly” obey another federal law. The treasonous bastard AIN’T MY PRESIDENT and never will be!!!

14. myopiafree says:

The road to hell – is paved with wishes FULL FILLED!!

15. Ugh says:

Nearly half of Americans have only 500 bucks in savings. So printing money(down grading the dollar) doesn’t bother them. Most of them get some form of government assistance. Until we are like Greece (25% unemployment,riots) nothing will change. It’s coming, just a matter of when.

16. czarowniczy says:

What i saw Tuesday night is the fulfillment of FDR’s (yeah, you should be in hell) dream of using the minorities and whining white disenfranchised (read as ‘lazy’) to effectively destroy the capitalist system. Problem is that the lurching Frankensystem they created has taken off on its own and is threatening to destroy the uptown elitists who gave it life. All of the pundits, including the conservative ones who were predicting a Romney win even as late as Tuesday morning, did not think the entitlement zombies would stagger to the polls in such huge numbers. Some of the Usual Suspects interviewed as they voted early expressed concerns that if they didn’t vote the trough sloppins’ faucet would be cranked shut. Seems the dark force’s rabble-rousing minions were out en masse warning the consumers that if their demigod were not reelected they’d have to (shudder, cringe) go forth and be productive. The local ministers (who the City pays a stipend to when there’s stray cash around) were out preaching to the faithful that if they didn’t vote on Tuesday they’d find their little Federal dole-world turned upside down on Wednesday. Lotsa cash to hire buses to move the insert to the polls fell from the sky too. OK people of conservative decent, regardless of race, creed or colour, this is what happens when you try and let participatory democracy go onto autopilot. Prepare to become zombie fodder.

17. Mikado Cat says:

Think carefully about what you wish for, some of the Obama changes are functionally irreversible.

$3/gallon tax would not IMHO raise the price at the pump more than a small amount, but would dramatically reduce the profit in producing oil. Any substantial increase at the pump will have a big impact on demand and reduce consumption.

What I am not in favor of is an increase in the amount of money available for politicians to purchase reelection with.

• gretchenone says:

What man does, man can undo.

• Mikado Cat says:

People once entitled, keep that entitlement better than a Rottweiler and a NY steak. Functionally irreversible doesn’t mean it can’t be done, it means it won’t be practical.

How do you uninsure someone who lived a lifetime without insurance, has an expensive chronic (treat but never cure) condition, and got insurance via Obamacare?

18. CMSIQ says:

Elimination of Bush tax rates (all of them)

This is false. Obama and the Dems have always wanted to raise taxes to ONLY those making over 250k a year.

Look up the payroll tax cuts that largely benefited the middle class. The Republicans did not want to extend them.

The only “tax cuts” the Republicans care about are tax cuts to millionaires and billionaires.

• PERFECT – See this is why the approach is so perfect.

CMSIQ is a progressive. Note how quickly they want no part of owning the outcome. It totally leaves them in an ucomfortable position of responsibility. Hence people like CMSIQ will run away screaming from being held accountable.

Now to the substance. WRONG: President Obama has specifically advocated for a complete return to ALL Clinton Era tax rates. That means eliminating ALL of the Bush Tax Cuts…… the spin to “rich only” 200k/250k was a shift by party leadership NOT OBAMA.

Clinton paraded for Dear Leader – So it must be prudent for Obama To Return to such Clintonesque standards, no? See…. the accountability provides them NO COVER.

THE DEM’s WOULD FREAK if the GOP had the Balls to do it.

• CMSIQ says:

Obama has said repeatedly, in fact hundreds of times, that only the upper level tax cuts will be impacted.

Do you not even know your own parties position?

That was a rhetorical question, as you live in an alternate universe.

• Obama EVOLVED his position of “only the rich” after proclaiming a desire to see all Bush Tax Cuts expire. Perhaps you had better go back and learn the history of your dear leader. Suggest you start in Toronto July 2010 at the G-20 Summit speech. View it on line if you wish. The timeframe in the post is November/December 2010 (5 months later).

Yes, he changed to “tax the rich”, for his 2012 campaign, but that was not his position in 2010 – Idiot.

Then consider if you were to take 100% of the income from every single American employed over 100k you would only gain $800 billion/yr. Confiscate 100% of all income over $100k from every single american and you still can’t scratch the deficit issue.

The deficit is $1.3 Trillion. It is not a tax problem – It’s a friggin Spending problem.

But again, give Obama everything he wants. Give it all to him. Then see what he can do. ROFLMAO he can’t fix anything…. it will not make a hill of beans difference.

• CMSIQ says:

UNBELIEVABLE!

A momentary lapse into reality has inflicted a Republican pundit!

WASHINGTON — Conservative commentator and Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol said Sunday the Republican Party should accept new ideas, including the much-criticized suggestion by Democrats that taxes be allowed to go up on the wealthy.

“It won’t kill the country if we raise taxes a little bit on millionaires,” he said on “Fox News Sunday.” “It really won’t, I don’t think. I don’t really understand why Republicans don’t take Obama’s offer.”

“Really? The Republican Party is going to fall on its sword to defend a bunch of millionaires, half of whom voted Democratic and half of whom live in Hollywood and are hostile?” he asked.

One of the biggest fights as Congress returns will be over taxes, as cuts put in place by former President George W. Bush are set to expire at the end of the year. Republicans want to extend those tax cuts for all income brackets, while Democrats want to raise revenue by allowing them to expire for wealthy Americans.

19. Auntie Lib says:

I was thinking along similar lines this morning and checked on something after reading this: This can be done and laid 100% at the feet of the democrats!!!! Here’s how. The house needs 218 members present for a quorum – which is all that is required for a vote on any measure. So two dozen or so Republicans can be “present” and all the votes for the measure will be Dems, but no Republican can be accused of voting against the dem’s agenda in the next election. They will have to own the consequences and the R’s won’t have to be complicit and won’t have to defend the votes.

• I think it is even easier than that. Any R in congress can simply say the majority have voted for this direction – we are fulfilling that “mandate”. We do not oppose the will of the people and Obama was relected.

Therefore, while we wholeheartedly disagree that he is right, we are going to give his agenda every opportunity to succeed.

Give the electorate SUNLIGHT. Tell the media you are giving Obama his way. SHOUT it loudly so that there is NO DOUBT who holds ownership of the idea. The R support is merely giving Obama his chance at success.

Be open, be honest, and explain loudly what is happening. The greater electorate would understand just like the people reading this page would understand.

20. michellc says:

On the fiscal end of it, I hope they give everything to the dems. The sooner we drive off the cliff, the better imho. Give him another stimulus package, give him tax increases, gut the military, free birth control for everyone. Print tons of more money, have a Q4, 5 and 6. Put a racing engine in the bus and a boulder on the gas pedal.
    We were talking about this at the dinner table, right now today, we know that if we don’t do anything else, we can survive easily for at least year on the food and water, guns and ammo end of it. I doubt it will even take a full year before all the thugs and the takers are dead either from a bullet or starvation. So hurry up and end the waiting.
    Hey, they can be selfish, so maybe it’s time for those of us who have warned and prepared to be selfish ourselves.
    Elections have consequences and it’s time all these evil people, stupid people, those who feel entitled for someone else to pay their way have their party for a short time and then turn out the lights on them.
    When the dust settles, we’ll rebuild and we won’t have to worry about that side any longer because they will be out of our hair.

I hear Feinstein has met with the ATF to write her gun ban and I guess she thinks we’re going to turn our guns in willingly, yeah good luck with that. Even if she can get it through, let’s see how many of us march to the nearest drop off station.

The only thing I disagree with you on SD is that I don’t think it would have made the outcome of this election any different. What it might have done though was already put us over the cliff and we’d be that much closer to the day we could come out of the wilderness to rebuild our nation.

21. g8rmom7 says:

Sundance, I am totally on board with this idea. But how do we make sure that when it all goes to pot, instead of them “owning” this, they won’t just turn and say “look the Republicans approved it”. There must be a clear way for them to say “okay, go ahead and do this but we aren’t going to put our names on it”. Maybe it’s a good thing that Harry Reid wants to eliminate the possibility of Repub filibuster? So the Repubs cans say, we tried to fight it but they wouldn’t even let us.

You are so right…lets get the pain over with…I’m all for ripping the band-aid off all at once. I still think the minute people start seeing the results of these horrible decisions, they will start to see things differently. Progs are like children…they are visual and cannot learn things unless they fail and get punished.

• Thanks. The attachment to the Dems (them owning it) must come on the front side while the public is massively paying attention and he media is focused 100%. If Boehner/Cantor et al held a public hearing and said WE ARE SUPPORTING THE ENTIRE PROGRAM AND THIS IS WHY…..

……well right up front, in front of God and EVERYONE, the world would know who owns this…. The media could not hide it. Boehner and Cantor would need to play the role of the defeated:

“our fiscally conservative principles have been resoundingly defeated by the will of a new American majority; Therefore, with a great sense of humility and understanding of our minority status, we are going to fully support and embrace to passage every construct of the Obama financial agenda”. “We look forward to supporting a budget proposal from the White House, and while we fundamentally disagree with raising taxes and spending ourselves into oblivion, we will support the direction of the Democrats”.

There SHOUT IT LOUD and SHOUT IT PUBLICLY…. So the world knows this is the agenda of the Dems.

• g8rmom7 says:

Okay. First, they aren’t as smart as you so I just not holding my breath that they’d do that. Although I agree it would fantastic! And secondly, I HOPE the media wouldn’t put words in their mouth and report it as Republicans submit and agree the liberal agenda is the way to go. I really think the media and the culture war need to simultaneously be exposed so that the truth will break through.

• ragnar says:

They could just go home like the Wi. Crats did. Obama would have Big Sis running all over the country looking for them to drag them back. Now, that there would be funny. Republicans hiding out all over the place.

• ragnar says:

Hot Damn. The man with a plan. It would work like a charm. But the Gops are too stupid to do it.

22. Sam says:

After it became clear on Tuesday night that Obama had won another term, I said in a forum that it was a pity the Republicans held the House. If they hadn’t, the Dems would OWN everything that happened over the next 1 to 4 years. On second thought, the Dems are quite capable of blaming Republicans regardless of whether Republicans can stop anything or not. And the 50% or whatever it was of the Democrat voting public will nod like bobble-heads and agree. After all, it was Bush’s policies that produced the last four years of bad economics, according to the Democrats; deficit spending, Democrat laws and crony “capitalism” played no part.

When Democrats are so willing to lie and their voters are so willing to be lied to, I am honestly not sure what the answer might be to force reality on them. As long as Republicans exist, they will blame Republicans and the media will aid and abet them every step of the way. I am not even sure a complete financial meltdown and massive unemployment will do the trick. What’s the breaking point for a substantial number of socialists? I don’t know. I wish I did.

• michellc says:

I can’t remember now where I read it, but several months ago I read an article that was written by 3 top economists and they all agreed small spending cuts like Romney was proposing would slow the crash down and no spending cuts would force us within a minimum of 2 years and a maximum of 4 years to either enter hyper-inflation or default or even possibly both and increased spending would lower those numbers. They also all agreed that the only way to prevent a crash was to drastically cut spending, the kind of spending cuts that would cause riots in the streets basically. At the time I thought maybe if we slow it down, we can start to improve things enough over the next four years that more people will get off the government dole and then we can do those kind of cuts that are needed with a smaller amount of rioters. I guess then I still had hope for a miracle.
      That hope and that chance of a miracle died Tuesday night. Now I just want to get it over with. I’m not a patient person and I hate waiting and worrying about how bad it’s going to be and am just ready to experience it and either get through it or go to heaven. Many people smarter than me say it’s going to happen, just a matter of when, so I’m ready to get it over with.

23. ED357 says:

AGREE………

We tried it Mitch and Boehner’s way since 2010. We blocked every insane thing that 0bama, Reid, and Pelosi came up with and saved the nation……for awhile. Then the 51% majority in the nation blamed the conservative Republicans and voted to keep 0bama and his policies.

0bama never owned any of his pet legislation or a legacy……other than 0bamacare which hasn’t kicked in yet because of our blockage.

I say let them have it……..everything they want……..the sooner the better. 0bama dreams it up and puts it in legislation……let 0bama and the Dem0crats vote it in…..have all the conservative Republicans abstain…..Let it all burn down to the ground……then we can rebuild.

LET’S GET IT ON.

r,
    Ed Yates

24. michellc says:

This is OT but I’d just like to share a bible verse with Christie in case he might read the blog.

For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

“We didn’t have a political strategy discussion. I said, `Congratulations on your win last night, Mr. President,’ and he said, `Thank you,”’ Christie told reporters today at a National Guard Armory in Franklin Township…

Asked if he’s spoken to Romney since his loss, Christie said: “No; we exchanged e-mails last night,” Christie said. “We haven’t spoken on the phone yet.”
    ————————-
    The daily open thread is the perfect place to drop off topic items. –admin

25. Sentenza says:

Stock up on food, ammo, and any readily salable consumables and keep your powder dry, folks. It’s only a matter of time until there’s another terrorist attack on American soil. This man has proven he’s weak, and the Mullahs in Iran see that.

26. Mikado Cat says:

Calif is going to be the Guinea pig on raising taxes. Prop 30 passed and I believe the tax will take effect almost immediately, so it will have the first visible effects. I expect to see things trickle down from it, reduced spending by those paying more taxes, but its a weird world and we might as well wait and see what actually happens.

• Cali is not the petri dish… Illinois was in 2011 – they refused to cut spending and instead raised taxes 60%. Outcome? Massive fail. Unemployment increased, Big Labor now laying off thousands, bond rating reduced – and still billion dollar deficits (See Chicago Rahm Emanuel)…

Meanwhile neighboring Wisconsin who reduced spending and reformed union contracts – job grow, lower taxes, and upgraded bond rating with a budget surplus.

California will need, nay demand, a federal underwriting of it’s bond sales because the private municipal bond market will not touch it…. regardless of how much they raise taxes. California’s problems are systemic and now embedded beyond repair. Absent of a way to file bankruptcy their only hope is a federal bailout. That’s why I draw the line at bailouts. Let Obama spend on his federal stupidity and increase his deficits, but stop him short of using taxpayer money to bail out Blue States.

• Mikado Cat says:

Illinois is such great place to leave. Calif is not only wonderful to live in (not including liberals and taxes) it has a bunch regional business resources, Silicon Valley and OC, that make leaving a bit more difficult. I know in the short term I am not going anyplace, so the rich may just pay the taxes and attempt to pass it on to customers or employees.