LA Mayor Threatens To Shut Utilities To Homes Breaking COVID Compliance Rules…

Live your best life. The totalitarian dictators rely on fear as a weapon.  Do not empower their fiats with compliance.  Enough is enough, this is all about control…

[…] Garcetti said he granted authority to the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power to cut the utilities to homes and businesses hosting the selfish soirees starting this Friday. (link)

It doesn’t matter if it’s Beverly Hills or not, the issue is nonsense.  On the positive side, the more the idiots do this the more they push people into the freedom alliance.  The only thing worse than dying is not living.  Keep this ridiculous approach up and California might be in play for 2020.

Note to CA: Buy a generator, I’ll bring the extension cords and the blender.  Party on!

This entry was posted in Big Stupid Government, Coronavirus, Dem Hypocrisy, Election 2020, media bias, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

192 Responses to LA Mayor Threatens To Shut Utilities To Homes Breaking COVID Compliance Rules…

1. OffCourseNation says:

LA Mayor = Domestic Terrorist.

• bertdilbert says:

So if you wear a CPAP machine and they cut off your power, they create a public health issue. A person can fall asleep while driving and kill somebody.

I believe under CA law that if you are wearing your CPAP and the Dr. knows about it, they are supposed to report you and your drivers license will be suspended.

If someone in the household requires an oxygen concentrator, we suddenly have an “I can’t breathe” situation.

These same people will soon be telling you what you can eat or drink

• jinmichigan says:

Dont they already do that? Hasnt a tyrant already forbidden Big Gulps?

• Raptors2020 says:

Bert:
        Not to mention, the public health threat created by turning off the supply of clean drinking water. I don’t think a cloth mask will protect you from cholera or dysentery, after drinking dirty water.

And turning off the electricity may lead to people cooking outdoors, over open fires. But it’s not as if California has a problem with wildfires..

• Hoss says:

Uh .. Bloomberg banned Big Gulps, and transfats … just sayin’

• Bruce Fauth says:

Soon? They already are trying to tell you what to eat or drink. Just look at Mooch’s kids lunch program. And of course, they’re the government employees so they never ever have to be called to account for their (usually) wrong answers to anything.

• Big Mike’s apple slices were a huge hit as I recall. I understand there was a black market for Snickers bars in schools as well. Yep- Commie bastages want full control from cradle to the grave.

• CC says:

Alert for CPAP users….the Nightingale can affirm that there are machines with RFID or cloud technology or what ever geek tech available….that record in real time, you use of said machine and report it back to the company that makes the machine and or your physician. And maybe the user, if you are lucky.

So, for those of you with such CPAP devices…beware.

• John says:

To my knowledge, all modern US CPAP machines do keep a record of the patient’s use for at least the last 30 days. Some of these machines will automatically transmit the information to the machine provider. This is pretty much demanded by the insurance companies. They will refuse further payments for rental use, and supplies if you are not using it at least five hours a day for a significant number of days, over the last 30 day period. (I forget, something like 80 or 90% of the days). Patients would need to bring their chip in for reading, or obtain a readout from their CPAP provider, to get the prescription refilled for another year.

• John says:

If there has been no changes in California law over the last three years, there is no “basic” requirement for physician reporting CPAP use to the California DMV. During a DOT exam (physical exam for commercial drivers license), you do screen the driver regarding sleep apnea. I have had a number of commercial drivers using CPAP. I have had long-haul drivers who were required to have portable units with them when working.

I have also had drivers sent to me to order a sleep study, because the agent at the DMV suspected possible sleep apnea because the patient was obese, or had a large neck (both possible risk factors for sleep apnea.).

• John says:

• Max Tadpol says:

2. Stringy theory says:

We love you Sundance.

3. LA mayor can stick the corona virus where the sun doesn’t shine! I’ll bring a truckload of Corona and we’ll have a different virus to consider…and it ain’t all bad 🙂

4. brutalus2 says:

These guys are always one step behind, trying to catch the horse after the barn door has been left open…typical flat footed response from a giant hack politician

5. OffCourseNation says:

“Live your best life.”

To do that, I’d have to move to someplace like Sweden where faith in and worship of face diapers hasn’t become a mandatory state religion.

6. Sporty says:

Wonder how the utilities workers feel about getting their azz es kicked?

• Contrarymary says:

Never forget, California had smart meters installed so they can shut you off from the office and through which they can spy on your usage. They don’t have to come to your house to shut you off.

7. delighteddeplorable says:

Just when we thought things couldn’t get more insane in the Gulag of Kalifornia, Garcetti raises his odious head. No depth too low, but I think you’re right Sundance, this state could actually be in play. Unintended consequences can be delicious, and Mickey’s one-finger salute is perfect.

8. Got243kids says:

Generator set-up done. Come on down! Don’t mind the fires….

9. sunnydaze says:

Reporter in LA has been on this.

• bertdilbert says:

Fruit of the poisoned dictate.

• henry says:

You don’t really think he’s going to cut power to BLM, antifa, bloods, crypts, or any real gang house? He knows they know where he lives.

I’m sure trump supporters will accidentally have their power & water cut because of address foul ups…

It’s what little tyrants do…

• Sunnydaze, just look at all those poor oppressed black people in your post! I may be wrong, but isn’t sharing pics of the party they somehow managed to hold in that mansion raciss?

I’m sure they really dindunuffin at all.

10. RedBallExpress says:

I love posting this – please forgive me – I can’t help it:

Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

• tuskyou says:

That scene in Terminator is the best, most accurate description.

• Drogers says:

I’ll see your Terminator and raise you a Josey Wales.

Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you’re not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. ‘Cause if you lose your head and you give up, then you neither live nor win. That’s just the way it is.

11. Blind no Longer says:

LOLOL a generator and a blender…I might have done that before.

12. William the Comptroller says:

Fine…..just do what New Yorker’s did with DeBolshevik’s “Snitch Line” and just call the City about “house parties” at the addresses of known big-time Marxist-Liberals. It is easy to come up with a list…… get the Map of the Stars Homes in Hollywood for starters. Remember, you are saving the Planet from Climate Change by saving all the water and electricity that they waste on any given day!

13. OffCourseNation says:

” The only thing worse than dying is not living. “

I resemble that remark.
    – Joe Biden

14. auscitizenmom says:

Sweden, is n’t that where the beautiful blonds dye their hair black to keep from being raped by the Muslim men?

• ImpeachEmAll says:

Just say’n… 😉

They also file
      false charges.

Think: Assange. 😉

• OffCourseNation says:

And there are plenty of false charges in America.

Think Flynn.

And “incidentally” :”Assange was charged with 17 new criminal counts, which included violations of the Espionage Act. The charges, contained in an indictment issued in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, were revealed during a press conference held by Department of Justice officials in Washington (May 2019).”

• There’s an easy fix for that. Charge every WAPO, NYT, CNN, et al, for the same things with the leaks they published. Let Assange go first to establish precedent, then scoop them up and put them in solitary, as dangerous to the public.
          Tack on charges of sedition and/or treason, and see how far it goes.

While they’re in jail, collect all their emails, hard drives, etc. There will be troves of data patriots in law enforcement can use to put them behind bars. And bankrupt all of them.

When they lawyer up, investigate the lawyers like they did Michael Cohen. Leak some sordid tapes or emails. But just be sure you put a taint team in place; including “the right people”.

• ImpeachEmAll says:

Just say’n… 😉

Trump can relate to false
          charges and fake news, too.

• coldanger says:

But they couldn’t prosecute Hillary…

15. MAGADJT says:

It’s hard to believe these politicians that live and die by polling data would issue these edicts without knowledge that they are widely accepted. However, we all know almost no one would see these commands as anything but oppression.

We all know that dems always overplay their hand, it’s just hard to believe they would be this obtuse.

That being said, please keep it up. There is no way…and I mean no way…most people will be in favor of this kind of BS.

16. WSB says:

Eyeroll. Eff you, Mayor! #WEKNOW

17. sunnydaze says:

This guy will be reporting on it on LA news at 1 AM Eastern/10 PM Pacific. What a circus! I love it! Another great decision by Dems.

18. Contrarymary says:

From what I’m hearing from patrons (former democrats who say they will never vote dem again), I believe California could be in play. To be in play though, the Republican Party needs to file suit against the motor voter laws where many illegals vote. Another huge problem is the vote harvesting. This is a fraud on its face. We’ve know the dems we’re doing this for a long time, but they made it legal for themselves. Most citizens don’t know anything about this. When I explain it to them, and how many seats were flipped in California after the election, they are flabbergasted.

Once democrats get control of the elections, you will never have another free, fair election again. It’s time for the justice department to get involved, heavily, to help sane people get back control of California. Time for the Republican Party to go to war with California. People are fleeing the state enmass, which will leave it in the hands of the communists completely.

19. evergreen says:

In an earlier time, the power would turn itself off.

20. Patriot1783 says:

Don’t forget the headlamps! 🤣
    Mother Nature came roaring thru CT via tornado yesterday I believe heading for Hartford & Gov Lamont. She left over 600k without power & internet (inc yours truly) but got gas, generator, grill and cold beer so good to go for day three tomorrow 👌

21. Robert Smith says:

Didn’t Garcetti threaten this early on in the Lockdown Chronicles?

22. evergreen says:

Groups of how many? Who counts? How do they count? Do they estimate?

Seems devoid of due process.

23. dissonant1 says:

Sorry, Cher. No more “Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves” soirees and choruses around the piano at your home. For all your whining about a certain person being a “thug,” a “murderer,” and Hitler” do you finally now realize who the true fascists, Nazis, and thieves are? I somehow doubt it but sure hope so for your and other Cali residents’ sakes.

24. patti says:

#BLACKLIVESMAGA

25. Screaming Eagle says:

Inside every progressive is a Totalitarian Screaming to get out. The allure of power and control is like catnip to these seething alarmists. They become Karen’s in a nano- second. How will offenders be able to wash their hands and follow the increasingly stringent lock down orders, handed down from high above without water & power ??? Time to send in the guys with the white coats for commrad Garcetti.

• dissonant1 says:

Seems like a few Reps are susceptible too, i.e., DeWine, Reynolds, Abbot. Maybe power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely isn’t such a outlandish concept?

• TreeSloth says:

dissonant, Gov “Abbot” of Tx?
        Naw, he’s Good! He’s a Patriot!
        Tx is a big state and he has a big Balance to keep, thus giving counties individual decision power for the most part.

Problem is, the larger counties (ie Dallas, Austin, Houston…) are, as most major cities are, Democrat run. They are experiencing typical dem chaos, and restrictions, indecisive on schools… but hey, they voted for it so…(may be rethinking their votes now lol)

Outside those areas we (Republican) are strong! Reps and mayors are trying to stand with us as much as they can. Masks? Yes, as is everywhere, but only within guidelines.

Where I am, one county north of Dallas, life is really as good as one can expect in a Plandemic situation. Heaven compared to the likes of Calf. No overpowering enforcement. I personally haven’t run into any Karens (I don’t go out alot but when I do, I still do Not wear a mask) AND…

Our Schools are starting this month on the 17th and 27th here!!
        Staggering opens, Full day in class, with mask, but my grands ( one 8th grd, one 10th with on campus college classes) are ok with it. Just let them go back to school! Lol
        My Daughter, a teacher at same school (private community academy) one grand goes to, has already started and is having tremendous headache problems (masks all day) but says she’ll deal with it to be able to open classes!!
        I’m thinking the Students will be the ones to rise up against these masks after a short time of wearing, but to go back to school they will comply. Initially. We’ll see.
        Prayers for those stuck in areas run by democrats.

• I have been considering where to put a new comment on the situation here in middle Tennessee.

Virtually everyone is wearing a mask, and it’s impossible to tell who is merely obeying and who really believes the Dreaded Plague is omnipresent. My view is antithetical to both types, as I know — having not worn a mask throughout this latest campaign in the War of the insane Left — there is no disease left in the air here, not since April at the latest (I last felt attacked at the end of March, for 2 days, and easily fended it off with megadosing of echinacea).

Anyway, I encountered the first serious opposition to my non-mask wearing, when I had to renew my auto registration by going to the courthouse. They had just one side entrance open, with an EMT (emergency medical technician from the local EMS) acting as guard. He was the burly flunkie type, and just wanted to deny the non-obeyer, and though I told him up front that a mask would make my nose stop up, so I couldn’t wear one, he just kept throwing up pseudo-rational debating points (“unfortunately your nose is attached to your mouth…blah, blah, blah) that merely showed he wasn’t going to let fundamental logic get in his way. He even put his little temperature gun up to my temple and intoned, “it’s a little high”. But I didn’t back down, so he finally said (too late) that he wasn’t going to argue with me, and had his partner (a woman seated at a table, with a cell phone) call up the higher power withing the castle; she tried to tell the boss that I hadn’t given any medical reason for my mutinous behavior, and I had to speak up, that I certainly had, right off the bat (my nose). That turned out to be the magic key, the word came down that since I had given a medical reason they could let me in. With that assurance from on high, they let me in without any rancor, but with their seriousness about the locally non-existent virus fully intact. Inside, no one said anything or question me, and they took my money easily enough.

So it’s not as bad as California here, but the cattle are all too willing to consider the “mandate” an unbreakable “law”. That was my second point, after “a mask would stop up my nose…”: “A mandate is not a law.” My nost is all that stood between us and an escalated, possibly violent — and completely unnecessary, since they are deluded idiots, not responsible authority — situation.

The stores are still letting me in, with employees even being particularly nice to me.

• herebouts says:

Yes, Gov. Abbott took a cue from Gov. Newsome. How’s this for confusing the issue and inspiring the tyrannous Dem politicians in Texas?
          (East Texan here)

26. The Devilbat says:

I wonder if that idiot mayor could come up with an even surer method of not getting his skanky commie ass reelected than what he is doing today. So many of these idiot democrat control freaks are going to be ejected from office when they run for reelection. They will be sent home in tears clutching their copies of Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto.

27. T2020 says:

I’ll chip in for several generators. Pah-TEH!🎉🎈

28. Ronald says:

At some point rational people would turn away from these marxists. However, it’s California. Sometimes all the stupid people are gathered in one place

29. evergreen says:

Shut off for how long? 1 hr? 24 hrs? Week? Duration of party? What about residents with medical devices requiring no lengthy power interruption?

30. tax2much says:

It’s Chinatown, Jake.

31. Dehbashi says:

I remember the left whining about Internet Providers and how evil they were and how they should be public utilities like water and electric companies since Internet access was a human right like electricity and water.

Now they are doing this.

32. Judiciary says:

Democrat tyrants are emboldened by each other. One will follow the other in mandating Covid19 patients be housed with the elderly, declaring racism a public health crisis, defunding police, allowing riots and violence to go unchecked, and punishing Americans for trying to live their lives in a pandemic. I only hope exposing their tyranny will result in their downfall, soon.

33. DouglasR says:

Please watch the bottom video on this page, if you haven’t see it. There is much to consider.
    The bottom video is Dr. Judy Mikovits – My understanding is that this was banned from YouTube a few weeks ago. I haven’t been able to confirm the facts asserted in this video but I think it is important to review.

34. WSB says:

“Note to CA: Buy a generator, I’ll bring the extension cords and the blender. Party on!”

Good. Better. Best, SD!!!!!!!!!

35. PVCDroid says:

Why are mayors even involved? The governor should be driving policy based on White House and CDC guidelines, not idiot mayors.

I don’t think this can go on much longer without everyone saying FU, especially when these idiots are promoting all the protestors. It’s like a twilight zone episode and I can’t see how they believe this is good for their political careers.

• They’re acting like petty little warlords, city by city, county by county, each with his own little fiefdom. They don’t really have the physical force of policing backing them per se, but they project power through their bureaucracies and lawyers using financial sanctions, licensing. They will show that you exist within their fiefdom by their good graces only.

• TwoLaine says:

Easy, spreading the blame.

Hard, because it’s the right thing to do. As I said from the outset, not all citiies/towns are NYC & L.A., nor do/did they ever want to be Why should the whole state have to abide by draconian rules set for one Fugitive city/town or two?

It’s why we have an electoral college for Presidential general elections.

36. Giving you love from the Bay Area, Sundance!!

37. TonyEuropa says:

Don’t forget that we have ballot harvesting over here. Il Duce can pull all of these stunts knowing that he will steal the election.

To top it off, we submitted an initiative to recall Gov Gruesome but AG Becerra stated that we didn’t have enough “valid” signatures and has sat on it for months.

Meanwhile the state’s corporatist propaganda machine has buried the news about this.

Our GOP is the biggest bunch of wimps I’ve ever had the displeasure of dealing with.

38. safvetblog says:

Have generators, cords, just need the adult beverages – SF Valley party!! 🎉🍔🍤🥂🍻 🍾

39. Hmm… I have been following a Swedish couple who live off grid and it is quite Zen to watch them live off the land. They work hard, raising livestock, building structures as needed, butchering the sheep that they treat kindly, almost as pets until… Rabbits, chickens and pigs suffer the same fate. They make their own butter and cheese, dry and manually stretch and cure the sheepskins. It’s working from dawn to dusk.

It reminds me of my grandfather’s farm when I was a kid. Everything had a purpose for survival.

My point is: One of the last videos they posted, they closed with, “We support Black Lives Matter.” What??? I’m not so sure they know if they have a clue of which they speak!

40. wvcoalman says:

Don’t party down, the Kommissar’s in town.

• TreeSloth says:

I saw Lady Liberty, Sydney Powell, retweet that post by SD too!! Brought a Huge smile to my face! Warm feeling knowing she’s with us and follows the TreeHouse!

41. Hans says:

The mayors/governors are playing chicken with PDT..

They think that when things get realy bad he is going to bail them out..

Guess what.. I bet that PDT will not reward bad behavior with a bailout.. the rest of the country will not stand for it..

Hint NY and California.. get rid of Dem. cuomo, Dem Garcetti and Dem Newsome and we will think bout it.. you decided to keep the economy closed.. kill your tax base.. not our problem..

PDT doesn’t need your electoral votes to win in Nov. good luck with this blackmail../sarc

42. Abolition Man says:

Sadly, the indoctrination in Commifornia is so strong that a large portion of the people approving of mask mandates live there. They will not like it but will acquiesce because Orange Man Bad!
    The urban votes will continue to go strongly DemoKKKrat,since they have already instituted the voter fraud and ballot harvesting schemes that will be deployed across the nation in the 2020 election; and the rural vote will continue to vote for sanity to no avail!

Maybe a Trump victory will push these fascists into starting Civil War 2.0 and we can liberate the oppressed peoples of the state from their Marxist overlords. If you took the SF Bay Area and LA County out of the vote the rest of Commifornia would be living under Republican rule with the lower crime and poverty it produces!

• Contrarymary says:

I think it would be a great idea to force every state into an electoral college system where every county has delegates. That way there could be no gerrymandering and the large liberal cities couldn’t overrun the rural counties. In California, you have San fransicko and hollyweird making laws for rural cities and ranchers that are absurd. They steal water from Northern California and the farmers in the Central Valley for their profligate lifestyles and their looney environmental daydreams. We all see it but have no say and no representation. They pick the courts, so no redress there, either. Something has to give.

Wasn’t our constitution drafted to protect individual freedoms against the mob?

43. modspell says:

I cant believe this AH is actually still mayor. He is loathed in this town and is election kryptonite. Fortunately i live in a border city with its own power. Eff that effing eff faced loser.

44. Maquis says:

Commie much?

45. EastCoaster2 says:

So basically Mayor Garcetti is making the laws, deciding the penalties and appointing who he wants to enforce it for him. How is this even legal?

46. George Washington and his homies wouldn’t be putting up this crap. Curious how bad it’s going to have to be before in my best Bernie voice) “We’re gonna start a revolution!”?

47. Technerd says:

I wonder if this dictate applies to celebrities? Probably not.

48. Johnny says:

Yank the damn smart meter out and put you some conductor in its place. The meter does not cut the power coming to the house.

Make friends with electricians and Especially Powerlinemen. They run the electric grid not the mayor.

30 years working on the powerlines. That mayor is full of shit if he thinks he controls the power.

• Johnny says:

I should make this clear. If you know nothing about power do not perform this yourself. It is very dangerous and extremely deadly.

It is easily done by someone with experience. Like I said make friends with a lineman. He can help you send a messagel to the mayor.