April 2nd – 2020 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #1169

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Stephanie Grisham Twitter @StephGrisham45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,399 Responses to April 2nd – 2020 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #1169

1. bleep21k says:

12:05pm cnn – the cuomo presser;

Fredo is on now via video, wearing a black “cuomo prime time” hat, describing a dream he had of his brother (dancing with a magic wand), while he is sick at home….

What is going on?!

Surreal…should I just go back to bed….

2. Jimmy R says:

I think we should tell China that the treasury bills of ours that they own are null and void. It’s only about $1T, hardly enough to put a dent into what they cost us.

3. sunnyflower5 says:

What a effing moron.
    LET’S LOOK AT NEW YORK

4. WeThePeople2016 says:

5. Publius2016 says:

NY is opening Real Estate???

Something tells me $2 Trillion Infrastructure Bill will include SALT 2.0 plus making tax cuts permanent!

Pork will be giving high tax states deductibility up to $25k…read move to suburbs is back on???

45 has always wanted to compromise on SALT 2.0 for $800 Billion Infrastructure bill…now we’re in a WAR!

6. jeans2nd says:

Jamie Dimon of Goldman-Sachs is back from heart surgery today, and the Globalists have decided now is the time to attack and take down Pres Trump.

Gird yer loins, kids…It Begins…

David Solomon, Goldman Sachs CEO, this morning, CNBC – “There’s no question the U.S. was slow to respond to coronavirus” 2:10

putz
    cretin

7. Charles Darwin says:

Proof is rapidly emerging that the Fauci/Birx models which they have used to force this national shutdown are GARBAGE…

8. WeThePeople2016 says:

This is why Biden was out yesterday saying they need to change how Convention is held this time. They wanted to move the date to Aug. which is when the GOP Convention is held! They are taking advantage of the virus. They are too close together now.

• Publius2016 says:

sounds good…Time to update Convention look…

• thedoc00 says:

Joe is just wants to delay his removal from the center of attention as the DNC front runner.

Actually, the delay is going to happen. The DNC is going to “experiment”, on behalf of the US voters, with “mail-in, on-line voting”, with their Primary. Gee wonder what that means. It will take some time to set up the computer models to ensure nobody wins. This will give Nancy the “data” she needs to push for mail-in and on-line voting in November.

I’ll remind you all again:
      Joe needs 823 of the remaining 1,775 uncommitted delegates for a 1st ballot win.
      Bernie needs 1,107 for a 1st ballot win.
      There are still dropped candidates on state ballots.
      There will be a “write frenzy” for the late blooming savior.

• jimboct says:

Doc,
        It means that the mail-in ballots will have whomever the party wants to win get the nomination. Yes, its a mail-in smoke-filled backroom deal. Without a physical convention, no place for the Bernie bros to riot.

• thedoc00 says:

Look at the numbers again. There are only 1,775 delegates left and it take 1,991 to win on the 1st Ballot. Nope, the cigar smoke filled room of elites will happen during the convention, no matter of live or done virtually. No way they expose their nominee to President Trump before its show time and national mail-in or digital voting is in place.

The President has already publicly wrecked 2-saviors, Cuomo and Bloomberg in short order.

9. WeThePeople2016 says:

• Debra says:

If this dolt Clyburn is leading the way, then his endorsement of SLO-Joe should expose his complete lack of discernment as to judging anything . . .

• TexanInFL says:

If you have ever really listened to Clyburn you understand when someone says “third-grade education”. His daughter, Mignon (Rush calls her filet) 🙂 cannot complete a coherent sentence and she was some FEC commish. I’m just saying ignorant. truly.

• fangdog says:

Anyone who is a Democrat regardless number of degrees or exalted station in life lack; judgement; rationale and common sense. These people are the enemy of; Freedom, Liberty and Self-Destiny. They are by their very nature anti-American. They put government first rather than the people first.

Actually it is very simple; Democrats=government control. Republicans=people control. Democrats are insecure, low self-esteem and low self-worth. The real issue is they think everyone are or should be as them.

• PinotNoir says:

Democrats are the enemy. Follow the money.

• Eaglet says:

The Democrats will hide in the basement, offer NOTHING to the American People during these troubled times, offer nothing except Sleepy Joe whom(s) dementia is accelerating. They have been defeated yet again. They never thought president Trump would shut down the economy to address COVID-19. They thought he was too selfish that that was the ONLY thing he could run on. Another Fail for the Democrats

• TheLastDemocrat says:

Trump has made a bunch of hotels.

Legionnaire’s Disease hot a hotel.

For us older folks, LD was a big story. There isno way anyone who has been making hotels since the 1980s does not sleep uneasily wondering whether a LD is going to break out in their hotel.

If it does, there is one and only one plan of action: shut down, isolate problem, clean up/mitigate, and cautiously re-open.

In short, own it.

How do they think he would view a major disease outbreak? He has run through this in his mind a hundred times for each hotel.

• sunnyflower5 says:

Jim Clyburn 🧐🤔
      House Majority Whip Rep. James Clyburn (D-SC) reportedly encouraged Democrat leaders on a conference call last week to exploit the coronavirus stimulus bill, calling it “a tremendous opportunity to restructure things to fit our vision.”
      According to The Hill, a source on the call, which included more than 200 members of the House Democrat caucus, reported Clyburn’s statement. The congressman’s comments are eerily similar to those made by Rahm Emmanuel, then the incoming chief of staff to President-elect Barack Obama, during the 2008 financial crisis, when he said: “You never want a serious crisis to go to waste.”
      Doesn’t he have daughter who is politically aspirational? Maybe a potential VP for Joe.

• Blue Wildflower says:

Control the house? How about New York City, they have refused to give and have outlawed the Malaria cocktail, the only cure for the virus. It has been approved by the FDA to give for the virus. Is this really happening in the United States?

• ezpz2 says:

Nance wants an investigation?

• jimboct says:

Attention Mr. Turtle :). I need a senate investigation on the media and the political leaders (Dems) who discounted the issue of Corona Virus. Cite the supercut videos listed throughout the thread.
        Don’t put Lindsay in charge of it. I vote for Rand Paul. He has skin (and a lung) in the game.
        Yours Truly,
        America

10. Richie5Angels says:

THIS IS IMPORTANT….READ THIS…I have been saying this for days on these threads…some have attacked me…but this doctor is saying the SAME THING..

“The distinction between dying ‘with’ COVID-19 and dying ‘due to’ COVID-19 is not just splitting hairs. Consider some examples: an 87-year-old woman with dementia in a nursing home; a 79-year-old man with metastatic bladder cancer; a 29-year-old man with leukemia treated with chemotherapy; a 46-year-old woman with motor neurone disease for two years. All develop chest infections and die. All test positive for COVID-19. Yet all were vulnerable to death by chest infection from any infective cause (including the flu). COVID-19 might have been the final straw, but it has not caused their deaths. Consider two more cases: a 75-year-old man with mild heart failure and bronchitis; a 35-year-old woman who was previously fit and well with no known medical conditions. Both contract a chest infection and die, and both test positive for COVID-19. In the first case it is not entirely clear what weight to place on the pre-existing conditions versus the viral infection — to make this judgement would require an expert clinician to examine the case notes. The final case would reasonably be attributed to death caused by COVID-19, assuming it was true that there were no underlying conditions”.

JUST LIKE MY DAD’S SITUATION….BIGGEST HOAX IN HISTORY

• Richie5Angels says:

these ghouls are literally coding every death as COVID and MASSIVELY overstating the mortality numbers, and this is across not only America but the world…

• Publius2016 says:

Italy especially in solidarity with paisan NY Governor Santino!

• Perot Conservative says:

If your Socialist health care system sucks, and you were underfunded, had problems, aging population … doesn’t ascribing a bunch of deaths to CV make you & your system look better?

A sympathetic reason to get more money, or a raise?

There are some already saying our doctors & nurses should get “hazard pay” … aren’t they already extremely well paid?

• PCC says:

Except China – – they are UNDER reporting covid deaths…

• Publius2016 says:

the problem is an average voter will say Wuhan 400 killed the patient regardless of the underlying condition…based on numbers, this BioWeapon kills ten-fold those on certain medications…designed in lab, it targets the medical system…

Collateral Damage would have been tremendous but 45 stopped China at the border in January!

• Eaglet says:

Maybe the yearly “Flu” deaths are calculated the same way COVID-19

• Publius2016 says:

exactly! the numbers now are interchangeable

• NHInfo says:

I’ve been trying to find accurate info on COVID-19 and have it put into context. We’re told not to compare it to the flu, but why? Coronaviruses cause the common cold, acute respiratory problems and can lead to pneumonia. Is this not also what the flu does?
            Here is some presumably accurate local data from New Hampshire:

COVID-19 Updates: https://www.nh.gov/covid19/news/updates.htm
            Influenza Updates: https://www.dhhs.nh.gov/dphs/cdcs/influenza/documents/weeklyflu.pdf

Anyone please feel free to double check the documents and correct me if anything below is in error. Here’s what I found:

Through April 1, COVID-19 positive cases = 415, that is out of 6,493 total tests (everyone who was sick enough and with symptoms to be tested for it. 6.4% of all tested were positive.) and 4 deaths. All deaths involved someone with multiple underlying conditions (this info can be found in the individual daily updates.) The 4 deaths are either 1% of the total positive cases or .06% of all those tested.
            The COVID tracking started on March 4 and no cases were determined at that time. However, you can see that only 7 people had even been tested.

The flu data is far more complete.
            On page 3 of the document, you can see that from 9/29/19 – 3/28/20 there have been 3,639 positive case of the various flu strains. There were 14,770 total tests, meaning that 25% of all tested had the flu.
            On page 4, it says that 29 people have died from the flu between 9/29-3/28. I did not see where this drilled down into circumstances or listing other underlying conditions. The 29 deaths represent 0.8% of the total positive cases or 0.2% of all those tested.
            While not completely representative, if we break the flue numbers down to monthly averages (using 6 months) it works out to: 607 positive tests per month, 5 deaths per month.
            Based on the COVID data so far, it seems to be tracking this very closely.

I guess it could be said that the measures being taken are slowing the COVID infection rate. But, there’s a vaccine for the flu. There are various treatments for the flu. In my mind, that could “level the playing field”.

I’d be very curious to see what this info looks like across other states.

• Peoria Jones says:

I get real suspicious of people on either side, pushing an extreme view all over the threads – especially new commenters.

There’s BIG money at stake on both sides (C-19 will kill us all, or C-19 is a hoax). So many agendas. I’ll follow President Trump, thank you.

• Wendy says:

The virus is real but it has overhyped by the media. It has low mortality rate as long as the healthcare system works but quite contagious so it can spread like a wildfire given the right condition. It’s also sneaky in a way that a person can spread it without any symptoms.
        Within a week or two, I think the data will show that other than a few hot spots, the rest of the states will have the flattened the curve area with very low mortality rate.

• Peoria Jones says:

I agree that it’s been over-hyped, but I also see the real danger. Furthermore, WE don’t know the extent of the continual danger of this virus – and I’m not just talking economical damage.

It’s a thing. A real thing. It’s even possible that it’s biological warfare which will eventually get us if complacent. All I know is, I’m sick of the situation and even sicker of internet strangers who spend all their time trying to convince us of ANYTHING.

Facts only, please…with a healthy dose of skepticism for ALL the self-proclaimed experts.

• All of us who voted for, and totally support him, will follow him. For us, that’s not the point. But President Trump himself doesn’t believe the dark “expectations” of even his “experts”, Fauci et al; it would be a mistake to follow them as loyally and closely as we follow the President, for they are in fact compromised specialists, tragically flawed “experts”: They don’t emphasize individual protection of the immune system, by the use of more or less well-known herbal remedies, for example; they know only their own well-hedged and separate field, which actively repulses such natural remedies and supportive products, in favor of man-made, supposed “cure-alls” (in this, ironically enough, they are the modern equivalent of the old-time “medicine doctors” who wandered the land, selling quack remedies containing alcohol and highly addictive drugs like opium and heroin.

We could, and many of us no doubt do, go on about all of this all day. I’ll cut this short. I am a 72-year old physical scientist (who, not by-the-way as it may seem, but very few care to consider and confirm, made the greatest discovery in history, which I call — for popular consumption, as it were — “The Great Design of the ‘gods’ “). I have given my two cents to the public discourse here, in any number of intended-informative comments, on an ongoing number of “imminent catastrophes” being presented to the American people and the world, since Obama was elected President in 2008: His “transformation” agenda, built always upon blatant, big lies, like Obamacare; the “global warming/climate change” war of words, the attempted coup d’etat against his duly-elected successor (“elections have consequences” come back to haunt him), and so on.

I knew before he was elected that he was a man of no character, by the way he squirmed to keep his skirts clean of the “Rev.” Wright; I knew, just from common sense and seeing what my mother’s and other family members’ medical bills were even BEFORE Obamacare, that he was simply lying about it, obscenely; I know there is no valid global “climate” science, and no competent climate scientists (none at all!); I no that none of the FBI, CIA, DOS, DOJ can be trusted after the last 3 years, and the same for the criminal mob and insane cult that Obama’s election turned the Democrat party into. And I know that Covid19 is not the incipient death plague it has been made out to be, but a fairly mild infection, whose main claim to fame is the swiftness, the seeming ruthlessness, with which it gets past the body’s outer defenses — the nose and mouth — and into the body.

I support those outer defenses fairly simply, as I have written here before, mainly by licking a little chili powder shaken into my palm at the first sign of “tenderness” in the back of my mouth, where nose and throat passages join. I do a few other small things, like sip a little diluted organic apple cider vinegar (Bragg’s) to clean the throat and possibly settle the stomach — but the chili powder is the main thing, and it is a miracle drug for me, keeping me from really getting sick, enough to go to the doctor, for 10 years and more now.

But Covid19, I believe, got past my outer defenses, even to the point where I got an incipient fever, just a tinge, and a compromised stomach/digestive system. When something gets into my body, I depend upon echinacea to back up my immune system and drive it out, and it has worked for me, all by itself, for 25 years now. I prefer echinacea with goldenseal, and the liquid form (which I haven’t been able to get for the last 20 years, but capsules work fine too). The key is not to constrain oneself to the dosage recommended on the bottle: Where the bottle says, take 2 capsules 3 times a day, when I need to cure what has already gotten a foothold I pull no punches; I begin by taking 2 every 20 minutes (!), and only lessen the dose when I’m sure I have already beaten the bug — virus or otherwise — then I may take 2 an hour, then one an hour, etc., all the while monitoring my condition. When I got what I believe was covid19, last week, it held on for 2 to 3 days, never able to “put me down”, give me a real fever, or give me any other symptom of outwardly apparent sickness. It was “incipient” only, and I quickly knew it was no worse than any other infection I used to get routinely in the past, before I learned about echinacea and used it. Again, I am 72; I don’t worry about ANY infection anymore, because I know how to protect myself against them.

And protecting one’s individual immune system is precisely not what we are getting from any of the “experts”. Well, I did see a news segment on the local news this morning, where the “expert” was talking about supporting the immune system, but all she could talk about was “eat right”, “vitamins D and C”, along with pictures of healthy foods (but including KALE, for crying out loud). No mention of echinacea, or any other herbal remedy, and to me, that cries out “incompetent”, to the point of fraud in a widely-dangerous time like this one. (To be sure, yelling “echinacea” at this point in time is probably too little too late, but only because I am seeing a dearth of it in WalMart and local grocery stores, and even pharmacies.) Everybody is missing a miracle “cure-all” in echinacea, properly administered in large, continuing doses. And that is not extremism, I assure you.

• lolli says:

Peoria Jones 👍
        Agree. 🇺🇸

• Bucknutguy says:

Hat tip Ritchie. Your posts have opened my eyes to this. We must get this to President Trump and his advisors. We are being played.

• I think we are beating a horse there that does not matter.
      The Democrats know they are playi,ng a game with this and Republicans know they are playing a game with this.
      If Republicans dont stand up and grow some we will e closed until mid June because it is all about assuring Slo Joe and Bernie go into any convention short of a majority.
      They will use it to cancel primaries.
      Then they can rig it.
      Any attempt to open it up before then will involve massive media. and Democrat resistance.

• Perot Conservative says:

DR STEPHEN SMITH – has noted that his patients are majority OBESE & DIABETIC.

Same general idea – they start out in poor health.

” “Hydroxychloroquine is a game changer and ‘the beginning of the end coronavirus pandemic.”

“Dr. Stephen Smith is an infectious disease specialist in Roseland, New Jersey and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area. He has been in practice for more than 20 years.”

He is a nightly guest on the Laura Ingraham program

He claims of his over 70 patients on the malaria drug …

– approximately 35% are diabetic
      – approximately 20% are pre-diabetic
      – the average BMI is a bit over 30 (obese)
      – most people who are intubated, are intubated within 48 hours
      – those on the malaria drug treatment for 5 days – no one, after taking the drug for 5 days, has ever been intubated.

• Ellis says:

I am sure hospitals make more money from medicare by upcoding the cause of death to covid-19. They are most likely incentivized to do so even though the underlying cause of death is something else. Big money at stake.

• Due Gonzalez says:

Ok that is a statement made by someone who does not understand medical coding. There are strict medical coding guidelines and hospitals that upcode will have the money taken back if the chart is found to be incorrectly coded. If it is a pattern it will be investigated and now we are talking fraud versus waste and abuse. Fraud has criminal penalties. The official guidelines for coding COVD 19 are in process but there are temporary guidelines posted that anyone can find by going to the CDC website. I hope everyone will take sometime to educate themselves before making opinions based on the posts of others.

• Beau Geste says:

“strict medical coding guidelines”
          Ha Ha !!
          Good joke !!
          (and congresscritters ignore lobbyists payoffs and ‘donations’to follow congressional ethical guidelines)

• Due Gonzalez says:

what in the world does our corrupt congress have to do with medical coding? If you want to remain ignorant of the facts, that’s up to you. But yes, medical coding has very specific guidelines that must be followed. Those charts are subject to audit and if not coded correctly monies will be recouped. You don’t want to know the facts, up to you. But as someone who audits charts and spends my day applying those guidelines to my reviews , I am suggesting that people learn a bit more on this topic before making assumptions.

11. Tazio Nuvolari says:

Interesting, under-reported story here.

• dougofthenorth says:

ah well, the fbi is on the case, nothing to worry about here.

• Beau Geste says:

Yup. Inspector General Horowitz will find that there was a “lack luggage-packing candor” rather than biowarfare virus smuggling.

Horowitz will recommend luggage packing training for illegal materials.

12. convert says:

Over 1000 deaths since yesterday. And nobody has asked or answered the question yet: were any of these people on the 3-drug combo (Plaquenil, z-pak and zinc) that is being proven over and over again in small studies to work and prevent death? If none or very few of them were on the treatment, why? Why is the obvious not being done??? I. Dont. Get. It!

• California Joe says:

This is who are dying!

From the New York Times today. Three typical patients with Coronavirus at a Manhattan hospital and three pending Coronavirus death statistics! Enjoy.

“One patient had lymphoma and heart failure. Another was 85 years old with metastatic cancer. A third was 83 and had dementia and lung disease. All were critically ill with the coronavirus, and, a doctor said, all were hooked up to ventilators in recent weeks at a major Manhattan hospital.”

• Mike Robinson says:

All that notwithstanding, this is a “very novel” virus – to the point that some people wonder if there might be two or more strains in circulation. Usually it gives you a bad cold that’s hard to shake. But, when it does hit, it hits very hard and fast. Thirty-year old comes in, suddenly his condition falls through the floor, gets hit with a “kine-storm” and he’s history having just been killed by nothing else. Why? No one knows.

There is just … so much that we just don’t know yet.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

Dementia adds no risk except the person will not learn and follow instructions – such ashow to take care of your lung disease.

• California Joe says:

Elderly patients who are terminally I’ll people seem to die a lot on their own. Having Coronavirus push them over the edge is nothing more than the flu each winter raging through nursing homes and cleaning them out! Counting those three deaths as Coronavirus is a complete fraud. So, 75% of the deaths in Italy are persons over 80 with severe underlying illness. It’s going to be the same ratio here. It’s a freaking overblown hoax!

• Perot Conservative says:

He is a nightly guest on the Laura Ingraham program

He claims of his over 70 patients on the malaria drug …

– approximately 35% are diabetic
      – approximately 20% are pre-diabetic
      – the average BMI is a bit over 30 (obese)
      – most people who are intubated, are intubated within 48 hours

• ^^^ THIS

Focus on the real cure (malaria drug, z-pak and zinc) rather than fake cure (social distancing, already causing 10 million to be unemployed and destroying our economy).

• Jim in TN says:

The way that reads seems fishy.

Most intubations are in first two days, so
        After 5 days hardly anyone needs intubating.

Then it says
        After 5 days on the drugs no one needs intubating.
        That is almost the same as without the drugs.

I want to hear
        No one who took the drugs ever needed intubating.

13. Reserved55 says:

14. sunnyflower5 says:

15. Angus D says:

RBG is worm food SOON
    Payback time

16. Lady in Red says:

Real estate deemed an essential business. “Life’s basic needs are food, water and a roof over your head, which makes real estate an essential service,” Florida Realtors, that state’s largest trade association, wrote late last month.” Food, water, roof…those things are indeed essential. So isn’t every business an essential one, as it employs people enabling them to have food, water, roof…OPEN THE COUNTRY FOR BUSINESS!

17. joshashland says:

I am a Florida permanent resident and homeowner. I am 65+ . I am fit and walk/swim regularly.
    Tomorrow I will not be allowed to walk my dog.
    I will not be allowed to shop in the supermarket
    I will not be allowed to pick up my prescriptions
    I will not be allowed to ride my bike or walk around my neighborhood
    Without facing a fine and/or imprisonment
    Until April 30th
    Everyone else in Florida who is not a senior citizen or immune compromised will be able to do those things.
    Think about that.

18. Reserved55 says:

19. Reserved55 says:

20. Reserved55 says:

• 813.52Ran says:

I guess that leaves more hydroxychloroquine for the rest of us. Darwin’s theory in full force.

• convert says:

THIS! THIS! Based on the insanity of the Dems on Twitter, I would bet that absolutely without a doubt people have DIED that could have been saved by these cheap, approved and widely available drugs. This is so sad! The Left/media would rather see people die than say that what they’re calling #Trumppills(I wish I was kidding) on Twitter work. I t’s just devastating to think about.

• We don’t need hydroochloroquine. Echinacea, in massive doses (2 capsules every 20 minutes at first, rather than the bottle-recommended 2, three times a day) has worked for me spectacularly — stopping my earlier, routine need to go to the doctor, every 12 to 18 months — for 10 years or more now. I learned about it 25 years ago, and it cured me of a harsh infection then, but I fell away from it, until I got fed up 10 years ago with going to the doctor so regularly.

21. WeThePeople2016 says:

Zoom is being used at US colleges by Professors and students – being touted as so great to use. My red flag went up on this a while ago and I am glad I did not use it.

• WeThePeople2016 says:

• WeThePeople2016 says:

• Mike Robinson says:

Well, no … there are many video conferencing services out there that can be run strictly through a company’s own servers and, when it is necessary to pass through the public Internet, through VPN security which will not be penetrated. Lots of alternatives out there to Zoom. Particularly if the subject of the meeting is actually required to be secret, such as a meeting of a Board of Directors of a public company.

It’s perfectly routine for any information that is passing over the public Internet to be secured … this not only protects the data from interception but also provides assurances of the identity of the server that you are addressing – no “man in the middle.” (For instance, your communications with this website are cryptographically secured … see the padlock?)

• WeThePeople2016 says:

Yes, but they love Zoom. I know this first hand. It will take an order by the Government to get the colleges to stop using it. God knows how much private info. and data China has already collected on the students and faculty already.

• Mike Robinson says:

P.S. It is not actually clear to me that the service actually records and keeps the conferences that they facilitate. And then, “well, how secret is it, really?”

If companies are conducting video conferences that have regulatory implications, then they should run their own video software, on their own servers, keeping whatever archives if any may be legally required, and using strong encryption to ensure that the public-facing side of the communications is provably secure. They are in fact required by those regulations to take such measures.

Many laws, including Securities laws and HIPAA (health-care information) have very explicit requirements about such matters … and those laws have plenty of teeth. However, Zoom does represent that their service, when used properly and with necessary contracts in place, is “HIPAA compliant.” (Which immediately says something about their data-retention practices if any.)

• WeThePeople2016 says:

It is residing in China with Chinese oversight explicitly. So could say what they want about security. Also, it is mostly free in the US, that is why colleges are using it.

• fred5678 says:

All the schools now use all the Google apps. NEVER enter the true birth date of your children into Google’s database. RIPE for ID theft not discovered until they reach 18 and apply for a credit card.

For a year back in 2003 I taught full-time in a New England HS of 2200 students — we used paper notes/phone call to the office, paper notebooks, overhead projectors, no computers, no Google tools, very simple, very reliable, no system outages, no daily hour spent answering parents’ emails, and no data breaches. I taught physics, chemistry and meteorology just fine, thank you very much.

BTW my computer systems career started in 1965, spent 35 years in real-time systems, wrote UNIX device drivers in C starting in 1978, so no fear of keyboards. Windows sucks, Bill.

Aaahhh .. the good ‘ol days.

• WeThePeople2016 says:

Bingo!! They are catching on folks.

• annieoakley says:

All of these telehealth conferences are using zoom. I asked a clinic.

22. Little Berkeley Conservative says:

Monterey county, CA.
    ~1000 tested
    42 positive
    1 death

Covid stats from 11:59pm March 31.

Gang members in Santa Cruz have killed more people than the virus.

23. Nick the Deplorable says:

24. Reserved55 says:

25. Bogeyfree says:

So here is a question for Sundance or maybe a future thread.

Why has PT now 2 days in a row talked about Kerry and the Logan Act?

Why would PT bring this up in the midst of all this CV hysteria?

Question. With Iran flagged as a terrorist state and if any American were talking with leaders of a designated foreign terrorist state, would that be enough for a FISA warrant?

And if the answer is yes, would the same 2 hop rule apply?

I would love to see Sundance do a thread on this Iran topic.

26. Eric C. says:

On a side note, some of the virus safety protocols make doing business quicker.

Pull up, call and say you’re here and in a few minutes out comes what you came to get, I hope somethings stay in place 😃

No longer do you have to go in, stand, get someone’s attention, explain what you want and wait from them to get it: it’s pre setup knowing you are just pulling up to get it real quick and conveniently ready for delivery to the vehicle, plus the workers get more steps and fresh air!

27. fred5678 says:

Bio company working on plant-cultivated vaccine work started March 11. Many advantages if this works versus Fauci’s standard 1 to 2 years egg cultivated method.

Lab was bought by Reynolds tobacco in 2014, then by Benson&Hedges in 2017.

April 1 story almost looked like April Fool:

• Publius2016 says:

update: they’ve been developing flu vaccine for years!

Never works!!

these Globalists are worse than Witch Doctors who use natural ancient remedies…

• fred5678 says:

Maybe not a vaccine, but they got something done in the past:

DM:
        “KBP has previous experience of fighting outbreaks. It helped develop an effective drug for Ebola in 2014, called ZMapp. ”

Actually just manufacturing experience, which might be helpful to manufacture antibodies much faster than in eggs — months instead of years:

“ZMapp is manufactured in the tobacco plant Nicotiana benthamiana in the bioproduction process known as “pharming” by Kentucky BioProcessing, a subsidiary of Reynolds American.”
        “Mapp remains involved in the production of the drug through its contracts with Kentucky BioProcessing, a subsidiary of Reynolds American.[1] To produce the drug, genes coding for the chimeric mAbs were inserted into viral vectors, and tobacco plants are infected with the viral vector encoding for the antibodies, using Agrobacterium cultures.[17][18][19] Subsequently, antibodies are extracted and purified from the plants. Once the genes encoding the chimeric mAbs are in hand, the entire tobacco production cycle is believed to take a few months.[3] The development of these production methods was funded by the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency as part of its bio-defense efforts following the 9/11 terrorist attacks.”

28. Reserved55 says:

Is Choomer in the early stages of Joementia?

29. rondo123456 says:

Our Super Smart Elite Shines During This Pandemic!

“We Americans are truly blessed by having a mainstream media full of brilliant renaissance men, women, and gender non-specific entities who are masters of so many varied and intermittently useful skills and who are eager to share their knowledge with us benighted souls. The pandemic has revealed that every urban Twitter blue check scribbler, MSNBCNN panelist, NYT/WaPo doofus, and barely legal “senior editor” of a website you never heard of, is a Nobel Prize-winning epidemiologist, a master logistician, and a diversity consultant too boot.”

30. Reserved55 says:

31. JCM800 says:

215 Days until 3 November 2020.
    7 months and a few days, will pass by very quickly.
    Purify the Vote.
    The Uniparty/RNC cannot be trusted to do it.
    Hearings, Lawsuits, and Appeals, will consume time like a Vortex.
    Make defending the Election a Priority Now, so that MAGA may Triumph.

32. rondo123456 says:

Do Surgical Masks protect you from the Coronavirus?

“I’ve read a number of media stories on masks. Most are fiction and many seem to be trying to justify that we should be wearing masks merely as clickbait or to build a conspiracy. So let’s actually look at the hard science, and not one small study or rumor hand-picked to sell eyeballs to advertisers.”

• Avi says:

this should help you.
      as a physician, I wear a mask went out of the house 100% of the time

• Wendy says:

Common sense. If public ppl wear masks, it will lower the rate of transmission because the virus can’t travel far in the air, if an infected person breathes within the mask. However, non N95 masks won’t help you much in terms of protection as there are gaps on the side etc. Thus why PT said scarves can work as well. I think citizens can help in this time of need. Instead of making quilt and etc. for hobby at home, we can make clothing masks for general public use.
      By the way, if you have any disposable masks at home, you can reuse it by sensitize using the sunlight or UV rays and rotate it with other masks at several days apart. This way a box of 20 masks can last longer. My parents in South Korea told me about it when there was severe shortage of masks.

• QuiAudetVincit says:

Wearing a mask theoretically protects everyone else from the mask-wearer potentially shedding the virus through respiratory particles, including the (unaware) asymptomatic.

• rondo123456 says:

“In my opinion, the whole mask controversy has become somewhat politicalized and is now feeding on conspiracy theories. The storyline goes something like this: we don’t have enough masks because our government didn’t take this threat seriously, hence that’s the real reason they’re telling us not to wear masks when they know it will keep us safe, hence, we’re all screwed. However, when you dig into the actual research, that’s not what you find. Instead, you find that the controversy over masks and respiratory virus transmission has been a thing for decades. You also find that the research supports:

Surgical masks have not been shown to prevent you from getting a respiratory virus. The research that supports that concept is VERY WEAK.
      Cloth masks are even worse.
      If you’re sick, there is some evidence that wearing a surgical mask can help reduce your chances of spreading the virus.
      If you have an N-95 mask, this will help you, but please donate it to the nearest hospital.
      The upshot? I know it’s disappointing, especially with all of the sewing going on right now, to hear that cloth masks are unlikely to help. Also, it’s also disappointing that surgical masks are very unlikely to help you. However, the CDC is right. Do not wear a mask unless you’re the one who is sick.”

33. Every single day of the shut down costs the economy billions of dollars, and at least 10s of thousands of jobs.

The fake cure is worse than the problem.

We have a real cure. It has been proven in 3 countries with more than a thousand patients.

Let’s use it and stop the shutdown.

34. sunnyflower5 says:

I wonder what treatment Mrs. Trudeau was entitled to. Or, did she have mild symptoms.

• PInky1920 says:

She could probably social distance herself from her feckless joke of a “husband” for the rest of his catastrophic career, but she probably already has.

I know if I were in her shoes, I would.

35. CM-TX says:

| V FOR VENDETTA: THE CORONAVIRUS ENDGAME |

“Alex Jones examines the parallels between the 2005 movie V For Vendetta and today’s Coronavirus pandemic.”

• All Too Much says:

Tom Clancy wrote about a terrorist spread ebola virus and POTUS Jack Ryan’s response to it, including doing many things President Trump has been doing and might do in the next fews days. Clancy’s book Executive Orders came out in 1994. Worth a skim, or even a read since we all have some time on our hands.

36. Hans says:

the democrats have decided to launch an investigation of how president Trump has handled this corona virus pandemic

I wonder if they have DISINFECTED the SCHIFF. /sarcasm.

The democrats must be in a panic mode to start this.. anything to change the narrative and the WH pressers on the Corona Virus pressers..

MSM cut coverage and that hasn’t worked…now this…

• He should be securely put in prison for the huge damage that he caused:

– 10 million Americans lost their jobs
      – We have already trillions of dollars lost in the economy, and 2 extra trillion added to our big debt
      – Thousands of businesses closed

Dr. Fauci:
      1. Overstated the number of deaths
      2. Understated the real cure we have (malaria drug, z-pack and zync)

This is criminal.

• riverelf says:

A slew of death threats for Dr. Famous the Unemployer? That’s a shocker.

37. berniekopell says:

This belongs in “Rank and Vile” but I did not want to forget the thought. Lack of Woods files in many FISA warrant cases not mismanaged, but deliberate. The files were not “lost”, but destroyed to cover the tracks of the bad cops. Warrants without Woods files also perhaps based upon direct and third party (ahem – illegal) exploitation of the NSA database.

• Beau Geste says:

The crooked FISC continues to prove its complicity by refusing to withdraw its fraudulently-obtained FISA Warrants, as any honest court would do. The FISC also protects the illegal spying PRIOR to the fraudulent Warrants in this manner. The FISC has also refused to fine and discipline (eg, prosecute and/or imprison) the DOJ/FBI liars-under-oath, the misrepresenters, the ethical violators who failed to advise the court of “new lack of evidence that carer page was a Russian agent, but instead was a CIA/FBI Agent..

38. Nick the Deplorable says:

39. Reserved55 says:

40. CTH Fan says:

GP: Dr Fauci says he will let the government know when we can open up for business.

Why are we the people and the President standing still for the takeover of the US by one doctor and a loudmouth Senator Graham? When in blue blazes did we give away the country so many people died for to the whims of these men? The President, chosen by the people, is the decision maker and I hope he lets it be known loud and clear.

Not only that, we have MSM taking control of the White House Press Room as though they own it. Not acceptable. It is the people’s house.

How much has Soros and Gates given to Graham’s re-election I wonder? He has taken funds from Soros in the past.

So very hard to believe what is going on here. Now Dear Nancy and her cohort Schiff opening investigations of the President’s handling of the outbreak. We are still in the middle of it. If we had real Americans in the Democrat party they would walk away from the party like so many others. I am talking about Congress persons.

Sorry for the rant but the Democrats are flooding the zone with no push back from the Republicans. Get your rear ends in gear Republicans.

As for alternative media, stop playing the MSM game with the news being all about them, the Dems and COVID – 19. More about the positive things the President is doing please.

• CTH fan- PREACH IT.

• The FAKE CURE (economic shutdown) causes
      millions of unemployed Americans, thousands of closed businesses and trillions of dollars lost.

We have a REAL CURE (malaria drug, z-pak & zinc). It costs $20 per patient, no ventilator needed.

STOP THE FAKE CURE – USE THE REAL CURE

• Ausonius says:

Our RINO’S have no horns and no thick skin and no muscles with which to push back.

President Trump has all of that, but he is hindered by all the RINO’S around him.

As for FAUCI’S BIG MOUTH about him telling America when we will re-open, let’s see if he starts to be invisible at these press conferences.

That’s assuming the president was not distracted from hearing that Little Big Man comment.

• antiqueiron says:

No one voted for Dr Doom & Frau Blucher. We voted for Trump. I have a theory on why he seems to be obeying them. I do not believe our President would kill our economy & make us all suffer for any comparatively lame Chinese flu bug. Trump knows full well who & what Fauci & Birx are & their connections to the clinton crime syndicate etc. They cannot fool Trump. It would take something MUCH bigger than that for President Trump to do what he has done.

I’m starting to think that the real reason for the shutdowns is a legit threat of multiple mass terrorist attacks here in the US. The hysterics are cover. Yes, there IS a virus, & it did come from the deep state\China, but it obviously does not warrant a national shutdown. When examined in this light, the strange things we are seeing all fall into line. It starts to make sense. At least to me. Moving the hospital ships (mass casualties), the drug interdiction op (more cover for troop & asset movement) I may be way off base here, but think it through, it does make sense. jmho

41. moe2004 says:

After 9/11 our country came together, what happened to change everything so quickly? It’s pretty damn sad.

• All Too Much says:

Orangemanbad.

• PInky1920 says:

Most of the sheep don’t realize we’ve been attacked; they did on 9/11, but in reality, the RATS were never united, they blamed GWB within days.

• annieoakley says:

They did blame him. And we got the Patriot Act and Department of Homeland Security so these silly alphabet agencies would not longer keep information from each other. IIRC. Now Government is bigger, meaner, and it costs even more.

• Beau Geste says:

What happened is the monopolization of the “media” by entertainment companies, with financial and family entanglements with dems and SES government deep staters.

We need antitrust activity to divest news and digital media from entertaiment and digital service providers (AT&T, Comcast, etc.)

42. Declan says:

Death rates starting to go up a lot in states like New Jersey and Florida. Buckle up.

43. Reserved55 says:

• Roger Duroid says:

Come on Man! Who would release such a CF video? Is he recording it himself and then just giving it to an assistant to put on youtube? If someone was there, you’d think they would say, lets do that over and or edit, etc to make it coherent. Cornpop could make and edit a better video. Surprised he doesn’t have a little cassette player nearby where he plays some patriotic music as an intro.

44. Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi on Thursday announced the creation of a special House committee charged with overseeing the unprecedented, multi-trillion dollar federal response to the coronavirus pandemic. She has chosen Joe Biden Campaign cheerleader Representative James Clyburn (D-S.C.) to lead the bipartisan panel. It will be authorized “to examine all aspects of the federal response to the coronavirus outbreak and ensure the taxpayer’s dollars are being wisely and efficiently spent.” Here we go again. This smells like RussiaRussiaRussia 3 point 0.

45. You want to know why NY is so FU?
    Check out this article by Dan Greenfield:
    Identity Politics Lied and New Yorkers Died

46. dufrst says:

Trump has given this guy plenty of rope and now he’s “under protection.”Whenever the other side wants to inoculate itself from criticism they resort to being victims.

• He’s a criminal. He stole 10 million jobs, thousands of businesses and trillions of economic values.

What he did:
      1. Overstate number of deaths CAUSED by the virus (remember, correlation is not causation, they count virus deaths on cancer patients!)
      2. Understate the real cure (malaria drug, z-pak and zinc)

• Debra says:

The ‘other’ WHO has spoken:

“It’s an eminent front, an eminent front — it’s a put-on!”

(Only when I saw them live, that is not the ‘f’ word they ‘sang’ . . .)

47. Bolivar says:

6.6 million new jobless claims in the past week. 10 million in two weeks. 46 jobs killed per Coronavirus known cases including the 95% who suffered no harm. 1917 jobs lost per US deaths from Coronavirus including the 90% who were very old with other serious fatal diseases that may have killed them.

• fanbeav says:

95% will be rehired. Paycheck Protection Program is a good deal for businesses and unless they want to close their business, they will participate in the Paycheck Protection and get a forgiveness on the loan if they maintain employees.