The Second Sunday Of Advent

Believe-Sign-RSGospel Mt 3:1-12

John the Baptist appeared, preaching in the desert of Judea
and saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!”
It was of him that the prophet Isaiah had spoken when he said:
A voice of one crying out in the desert,
Prepare the way of the Lord,
make straight his paths.

John wore clothing made of camel’s hair
and had a leather belt around his waist.
His food was locusts and wild honey.
At that time Jerusalem, all Judea,
and the whole region around the Jordan
were going out to him
and were being baptized by him in the Jordan River
as they acknowledged their sins.

When he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees
coming to his baptism, he said to them, “You brood of vipers!
Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath?
Produce good fruit as evidence of your repentance.
And do not presume to say to yourselves,
‘We have Abraham as our father.’
For I tell you,
God can raise up children to Abraham from these stones.
Even now the ax lies at the root of the trees.
Therefore every tree that does not bear good fruit
will be cut down and thrown into the fire.
I am baptizing you with water, for repentance,
but the one who is coming after me is mightier than I.
I am not worthy to carry his sandals.
He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.
His winnowing fan is in his hand.
He will clear his threshing floor
and gather his wheat into his barn,
but the chaff he will burn with unquenchable fire.”

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to The Second Sunday Of Advent

1. WSB says:

Amen, Menagerie. We need to keep our faith and this story alive.

Amen.

2. Gary Lacey says:

“”John the Baptist appeared, preaching in the desert of Judea
    and saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!””

The desert of Judea, site of Eze. Temple in the latter days(soon)

3. 2Alpha says:

“Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.”

4. Dora says:

5. amwick says:

Ty Menagerie, I have been traveling, and totally lost track. I really needed this!

6. Jimmy R says:

“I myself did not know him, but he who sent me to baptize with water said to me, ‘He on whom you see the Spirit descend and remain, this is he who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’”
    John 1:33 (ESV)

7. Cordeiro says:

This Plan I trust! (The other one as well)

8. Don L says:

It is so good to return to sanity for a few weeks.

9. Lanna says:

Thank you, Menagerie.

10. Pointman says:

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf” George Orwell.

Pointman

11. Bendix says:

This posting is like water in the desert.

12. EV22 says:

Thank you, Menagerie for all your Advent posts and a special shout out to A2 and Dora for your magnificent videos!

13. Hoop says:

Turn down the lights and Light the second candle –

Carols From King’s – The Choir of King’s College, Cambridge (Full Album)

14. Grandma Covfefe says:

Thank You, Menagerie, for this week’s Advent message.