Sunday November 18th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

212 Responses to Sunday November 18th – Open Thread

1. 17CatsInTN says:

I have a small ministry and wrote this for my FB page (yes, I know, NOT a fan of FB, but it is a way to market and I am finding I can touch many people I have never met). Be blessed…!

Lord, sometimes it’s so hard to be thankful…

There are cars that won’t start,
    Washers and dryers that fall apart.

There are jobs I didn’t get,
    Rude drivers that make me want to spit.

There are hopes that were crushed,
    Dreams I gave up on and flushed.

Family who turned their backs on me,
    Ever yearning and striving, but never free.

Worries, woes, pain and sorrows
    Troubles I never asked to borrow.

Yet, Your still small voice always whispers to me,
    There are many things, Child, I want you to see.

The beauty, the promise of each dawning day,
    A rose, a brilliant skyline, the bright sun’s ray.

A gentle touch, a timely hug, a smile and a song,
    These moments, Child, happen all day long.

Let me carry your burdens, calm your fears,
    Be thankful, Child, for My love is always near.

As we enter this season of acknowledging our blessings, remember, “In every thing give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18 I thank you, Lord, for ALL the things you’ve allowed to pass through my life. Yes, even the sorrows for in them, I learned to trust in You. Amen.

2. nikkichico7 says:

Spotting False Teachers
    NOVEMBER 18, 2018
    2 Peter 2:1-3

People have an expectation that those who talk about God must also be serving Him and His people’s best interests. I wish that were always true. But sadly, the many warnings about deceivers entering the church are as relevant today as when the New Testament writers penned them.

In case you think I’m overstating the problem, let me point you to the words of Jesus: “See to it that no one misleads you” (Matt. 24:4). He warned that many would falsely claim God had sent them. Christ was not talking only about the early church. His caution was also directed at the generations to come—particularly those living during the present earth’s last days.

The apostle Peter gives a helpful test with which to evaluate teachers and preachers of God’s Word:

1. A deceiver attempts to manipulate and exploit his hearers. He uses half-truths, exciting promises, and flowery language to draw in followers. We’re to be on guard especially against the erroneous doctrine that denies the truth of the entire Bible.
    2. Many false teachers will have morality problems.
    3. Most will also be greedy and materialistic. If we observe these habits in the life of a leader, we must reject his or her teaching.

How can you see past a false teacher’s camouflage, cunning, and/or charisma? Filling your mind with Scripture will enable you to compare someone’s words and actions with God’s truth. Follow the psalmist’s advice and treasure God’s Word in your heart so you won’t sin against Him (Psalm 119:11).
    intouch.org
    Dr. Charles Stanley

• smiley says:

here’s another way we can know….

send me your “seed money” and GOD will make you rich !

just try it for 30 days.

• smiley says:

Prosperity “Gospel”.

• Sherri Young says:

Gross.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

1Timothy 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

6 ¶ But godliness with contentment is great gain.
          7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
          8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
          10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

• nikkichico7 says:

Yeah …they gonna burn 🔥🔥🔥 .. yes indeedy 🙂👍❤️

• dogsmaw says:

One of my pet peeves is when a person has been misdirected in their beliefs by a ‘teacher’. I am comforted with the thought that God’s judgement will hold accountable all who lead others astray.

• nikkichico7 says:

The “shepherds” have a special judgment, they are to be held accountable for the Lord’s sheep. I agree with you but they aren’t getting off that helps me when it seems we are so surrounded by evil

• dogsmaw says:

Every Sunday morning while the house is silenced here, I get to watch Dr. Charles Stanley’s program…it seems to be the exact message I need to hear each week.

This morning was the Thanksgiving sermon from Psalm 100:1-5, but the next one was a very potent message titled “Victory over Anger” and if you would like to listen here is the link

3. duchess01 says:

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2018
    Where’s Your Treasure?

4. Boots says:

People enjoying God’s creation. Pic isn’t me. Lightweight tipi’s with backpackable sheet steel wood burning stoves.

All the way out there and a jet liner finds him? Darn!

Bear country. Note rifle with stainless barrel, polymer stock against backpack (foreground). Three legged stool at tipi entry. Electric bear fence around tipi:

He’s not TEXTING someone, is he!?

Floorless. Perfect. We go to the wilderness to be one with creation. Not be entombed in nylon:

Warm ‘n cozy:

• itswoot says:

Great setup.

“Electric bear fence around tipi:”

Might also be a tripwire for a 12 gauge blank shotgun shell scare-off / warning device. Also great for home defense against human intruders when the SHTF.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“a 12 gauge blank shotgun shell ”

Not available in states of AK, HI, IL, CA, MA, DC, or NY.

No surprise there. NP. I have friends and relatives all over the country and get out of NYS a few times a year.

I have not been keeping track, but I must have added about 200 bookmarks to my browsers this year, as a result of hanging out here at CTH. Your link went to my “Outdoors” folder. Thanks for sharing.

• Boots says:

Deplorable;

NYS! Land of the Adirondaks, the Five Nations, Last of the Mohicans (Dan’l Day Lewis version) final fight scene! Don’t forget the Great Camps!

In a land where flintlocks, muskets, pistols, tomahawks, and swords decided the contest between England and the Americans, it’s a sad shame that certain rifles and magazine capacities are outlawed. I guess the new ABF (Angry Black Female) state AG Letiticia James will soon launch her war to further restrict NY citizen’s constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

Letitia James’ “Statement On Gun Violence”
          ~ https://www.tishjames2018.com/press-releases/2018/7/12/taking-on-the-scourge-of-gun-violence-and-keeping-new-yorkers-safe

Excerpt
          ———
          “Having strong gun laws in New York is not enough to protect communities from the devastation of gun violence. With the NRA waging a dangerous propaganda campaign, no action from the federal government, and bad actors thwarting legal loopholes, I will use every tool at my disposal as Attorney General to take on the scourge of gun violence ripping our communities apart,” said Public Advocate Tish James. “As Attorney General, Tish James will:

● Use the powers of the office to investigate the legitimacy of the NRA as a charitable institution (note: it’s against the law to file lawsuits that seek to bankrupt)

● Launch an antitrust investigation into the coordinated suppression of life-saving technologies (note: guns that can only be fired when you’re wearing an tiny transmitter, something the cops refuse to endorse for their own use)

● Investigate the financial backing of gun violence by going after fraudulent business practices by gun companies that deceive their shareholders by failing to disclose risks; (note: so if a gun stock falls in value, the gun company is deceiving shareholders?)

● Prevent the spread of guns through unchecked online sales, by investigating websites that sell guns online and pushing a legal and legislative agenda to close legal loopholes. (note: Total lie. I was a gun dealer and manufacturer for 20 years. Fed law prohibits sending any gun through the mail except to a gun dealer. Internet sales exchange money between buyer and seller, but the seller must by Fed Law send the gun to a dealer in the buyer’s state. The buyer then goes to the dealer and fills out Fed and state paperwork for gun sales (F4473, etc))

She’s not targeting criminals. Not seeking mandatory jail time for gun law violations. Not seeking sting operations to catch illegal gun sales or felons with guns. Instead, she’s using questionable and in at least one instance, illegal use of the courts, to target legitimate, laws abiding organizations, gun manufacturers, and gun dealers. In short, she’s attacking everything and everybody except the criminals.

If this were 1760’s NY she’d be tarred, feathered, and run out of the state. Or worse. I would be among those voting with Ethan Allen’s crew at his Catamount Tavern headquarters for the “worse” option.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“Last of the Mohicans”

One of the few films I went to the theater to see, because a friend/co-worker at then time was an extra in it. Back in the early-mid 1990’s, this friend (old enough to be may father) was also into doing Revolutionary War re-enactments. He said a lot of that was filmed in North Carolina, where he had to travel to. He participated in some of the night time camp scenes, etc., but was never close enough to be identified.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“Instead, she’s using questionable and in at least one instance, illegal use of the courts, to target legitimate, laws abiding organizations, gun manufacturers, and gun dealers. In short, she’s attacking everything and everybody except the criminals.”

What else is new? This was anticipated, the court challenges have already been written. We are not going to get caught off guard again, like with Cuomo’s (un)SAFE Act.

“Unconstitutional New York Gun Law Resources
            Here are some important links and information in our fight against oppressive Gun Control.”

• itswoot says:

test

My reply here isn’t showing. (WordPress is constantly placing new obstacles in my way)

5. I will not be denied My Oyster dressing.. I did what little I could, despite, My Hernia, (yes I had alittle help), telling a friend, pointing out which ones to get, I WILL NOT be denied! Managed “justa few” before the tide rolled back in, It was 0 Dark thirty, (Daylight), had about 20 minutes to boot & scoot getting these few guys. (tides are back-asswards)..

6. Dora says:

7. Sherri Young says:

Tuesday November 20th is the day the canvass reports from the political subdivisions in Texas are due to be turned in to the state. If Will Hurd’s opponent Gina Ortiz Jones does not pony up the $100k or so deposit required to demand a recount, that race is over and Ms. Jones can pack up and go home from Washington DC where she has been attending orientation.

8. Sepp says:

Hopefully this video will post.

There are English subtitles with Christian Iconography as a Serbian woman, Divna Ljubojević, sings the Evlogitaria of the Resurrection in Church Slavonic. (This has actually been sung in Alaska for 200 years or so.)

9. All of my Star Wars videos now stream. This one is by my husband. ‘Bad, Bad Leroy Brown’ by Jim Croce. Though it occurs to me that the song would also work for Trump. In a good way, of course. I always thought we needed our own junkyard dog. The link is to my page of Star Wars videos, instead of directly to the video on my website.

I’ve also put all of last year’s art videos up so that they’re also streaming. It was a busy year.

10. Wow, I got a reply from Mr. Presidents Trumps “staff”, Should I share this I’ll share, the “scanned letter” & My story?
    I never expected a reply at all..
    I got one in the mail…

11. CONGRATS JOEY LOGANO FOR HIS FIRST Na$car Championship..
    Great work..
    (though My favorite was Martin Truex )

Congrats Joey Logano.. #1 2018 NA$CAR champion..

12. Boots says:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Because this is what the enemies of liberty, the Democrat Communists who stole the House and will try to destroy a duly elected President because he threatens their stranglehold on the American people, fear:

13. nwtex says:

14. Boots says:

NY AG Declares War On Constitution, Gun Makers, Investment Firms
    —————————————

ABF (Angry Black Female) Letitia James’ comes out swinging and railing against the NRA, lawful gun manufacturers, dealers, and gun owners. Not a word against criminals, thugs, punks, gang bangers. Not a word for mandatory penalties or eliminating gun crime plea bargains. Nope. She aims to bankrupt gun makers and dealers, and use threats of lawsuits against investment firms that include gun makers in their portfolios, to get those firms to divest of their firearm maker holdings.

THIS is the kind of rabid ‘black soldier fighting racism’ the Democrat Plantation produces. The antithesis of all that’s good, lawful, and right.

Letitia James’ “Statement On Gun Violence”

Excerpt. Note that she admits “strong gun laws” don’t stop gun crime!!!
    ———————————-

—————————–

If this were 1760’s NY she’d be tarred, feathered, and run out of the state. Or worse. I would be among those voting with the local population for the “worse” option.

• piper567 says:

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com has a write up on proposed H.R. 9066, the latest gun-grabbing fantasy from our marxist friends.
      My State, WA, just passed really restrictive limits on AR PARTS (!), among other things, and we are looking to Gottlieb, over at The Second Amendment Foundation to take this to Court.
      I am sure GOA and NRA will chime in.
      just disgusting.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“just passed really restrictive limits on AR PARTS ”

Chris Collins (R-NY) submitted a bill to stop that, but it was not one of Ryan’s priorities:

H.R. 3576 Support – Second Amendment Guarantee Act (SAGA)
        This bill would amend title 18, of the United States Code, to limit the authority of States and localities to regulate conduct, or impose penalties or taxes, in relation to rifles and shotguns.

15. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

16. auscitizenmom says:

Prayer for Justice Kavanaugh:

“After watching her husband rip into pro-death senators who used Dr. Christine Blasey Ford in attempts to derail the appointment of her husband to the U.S. Supreme Court, Ashley is asking all people of faith to unite in praying Psalm 40, which reads:”

“BE PLEASED, O LORD, TO DELIVER ME, LOOK DOWN, O LORD TO HELP ME. LET THEM BE CONFOUNDED AND ASHAMED TOGETHER, THAT SEEK AFTER MY SOUL TO TAKE IT AWAY. LET THEM BE TURNED BACKWARD AND BE ASHAMED THAT DESIRE EVILS TO ME.”

In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen

17. patrickhenrycensored says:

Chipotle rethinking firing manager who refused to serve black customers over ‘dine and dash’ fears

18. dogsmaw says:

Just a heads up…White Women…

already our FLOTUS is under attack by the cackle group formed…and yes I will name names. Bette Midler (who doesnt even know how to make a website and relies on Facebook/Twitter) is sooo ingrained with the ‘little green man’ jealousy and paraphases the First Lady’s work. But the most viscous of all, Michelle Obama hawking a book off the First Lady is appalling. Your little barbs are noticed Michelle. So bring it on you fools cause the maternal instinct is strong, more will be named as I come across your foolishness…Im still watching 😛

You know the drill. My grandma noted a very important fact to me in my youth…I have the maternal lineage and faithfully watched over the family for most of 65 years. I know there are more out there that have the same fighting instincts.

I DON’T back down