Thursday October 18th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

206 Responses to Thursday October 18th – Open Thread

1. 17CatsInTN says:

I know you can’t see much in this pic, but I wanted you to see the perspective from my back deck. That woodsy area in the back is actually a dump site for the very large rocks scattered throughout my yard. You can see they weren’t all dug out by the bald spots in the dying grass scattered hither and thither. I call that area the grotto as at one time a campfire area was dug out with about a 100 rocks scattered around the edge in a semi circle. The cats love that place–so many places to climb and explore plus it’s much cooler in the summer.

Anyway, there are 3 small furry bodies crouched at the edge of the trees. Sammy, Lucy and Cicero are watching a mole hole–hunters awaiting their prey… 😉 Sort of mid-screen to the right is Guinevere sunning herself on one of the rocks. Sorry they are all so minuscule, but it gives you an idea of one of their play and hunt areas.

2. kea says:

If you want to laugh…. the surprise is at 3:28!!!!

English cc FYI.

3. Another Scott says:

Has the @TheLastRefuge2 twitter feed gone silent? I don’t see anything on it in the last 15 hours, usually it is updated frequently. Nothing here either.

4. 17CatsInTN says:

I should have added, if you left click and open the picture, then enlarge it, you can zoom in and see the 3 of them better, though it gets a bit fuzzy.

5. kea says:

Michael Moore ‘Deeply Moved and Grateful’ for Vatican Meeting with Pope Francis

That is just so so so wrong…

6. andyocoregon says:

More loony leftwing harassment in Portland. This time he’s harassing a 9/11 widow. What an asshat.

7. moe grimm says:

This clip won’t lead at mslsd, cnn, abc, nbc, cbs, ad infinitum. It may have been posted here already, but just in case it should be disseminated with extreme prejudice to any on the proverbial “fence” if at this point that’s even possible pending 6 November. It reminds me this is why God domiciled me far away from these Blue Hives to my Deploraville AO. More, He knows I can’t at my age sustain 5+ minute fights I once did growing up in Bay Ridge Brooklyn. Despite that the very aware Sons my wife and I raised think me hands are still quick I’d have to get it over with in short order making a confrontation with life forms like this one even more deadly. I have an intense, a pure hatred for these and fully realize how it could unfold. We are now living the battle to preserve Western Civilization itself. WE must be the aggressors where and as justified. Here is but (1) example: https://nypost.com/video/protester-tells-alleged-9-11-widow-your-husband-should-rot-in-the-grave/.

8. GaryT ✓ᴺᵃᵗᶦᵒᶰᵃˡᶦˢᵗ🇺🇸 says:

Might be time for a Cold Anger themed posting here my friends:

Cold Anger says don’t p̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶-̶-̶ engage, just stay cool…

9. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

10. auscitizenmom says:

Prayer for Justice Kavanaugh:

“After watching her husband rip into pro-death senators who used Dr. Christine Blasey Ford in attempts to derail the appointment of her husband to the U.S. Supreme Court, Ashley is asking all people of faith to unite in praying Psalm 40, which reads:”

“BE PLEASED, O LORD, TO DELIVER ME, LOOK DOWN, O LORD TO HELP ME. LET THEM BE CONFOUNDED AND ASHAMED TOGETHER, THAT SEEK AFTER MY SOUL TO TAKE IT AWAY. LET THEM BE TURNED BACKWARD AND BE ASHAMED THAT DESIRE EVILS TO ME.”

In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen

• auscitizenmom says:

Amen

• Minnie says:

Amen 🙏🏼

• nwtex says:

I don’t know why that site chose to post just a couple of verses without indicating that’s what they were doing. That to me is misleading. Odd. Hopefully it’s just a typo or an oversight.

As you posted above….this is what the churchmilitant have on their site—->

Ashley is asking all people of faith to unite in praying Psalm 40, which reads:

“Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me, look down, O Lord, to help me. Let them be confounded and ashamed together, that seek after my soul to take it away. Let them be turned backward and be ashamed that desire evils to me.”

There are some wonderful messages in that Psalm 40—->

AMP – The Amplified Bible-
      You, Lord, never fail
      to have pity on me;
      your love and faithfulness
      always keep me secure.

Our Lord, let your worshipers
      rejoice and be glad.
      They love you for saving them,
      so let them always say,
      “The Lord is wonderful!”

• auscitizenmom says:

I am not happy with what I posted, either. I tried to change it but couldn’t make up my mind what to do because it always came out too long.

So, please send me your changes, whatever they are and I will use it. 🙂