Sunday September 16th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

219 Responses to Sunday September 16th – Open Thread

1. czarowniczy says:

I don’t remember seeing this in the press or being touted on the nightly ‘Hate Trump’ news:

Wasn’t this while John ‘War Hero’ Kerry was in Tehran kissing Moslem fundamentalist butt, telling them to wait out Trump and then they could all go back to killing Christians and Jews?

Note that the bombing was at a rally that Giuliani may well have been at…or the bomb could have been brought to him…jes sayin’. Elected official Kerry on a non-official visit to one of the US’s and Israel’s biggest enemies who had a government diplomat actively planning on murdering Iranian dissidents in another sovereign country…at an event that Rudy would likely to have been at. There’s av patriotic Rat for ya’.

2. F.D.R. in Hell says:

3. farmerren says:

Hello Treehouse members. I just signed up after lurking on this site for well over 2 years. I’ve admired (and been enlightened) by Sundance’s research, to say the least. Love reading the comments, smart people here. Please bear with me as I stumble through. It’s taken me a long time to get up the guts to come to this site…again, you guys are smart!
    Best to you from a Trump supporter whose heart and mind met him at the escalator!
    farmerren..

• Grandma Covfefe says:

Sound like me. It took me 2 years of lurking before I posted, too, and I, too, did stumbled around in the beginning. Luckily I had one treeper who kept encouraging me to keep going.

So, with that said…I and all the Treepers welcome you to the Treehouse. Grab a branch…..and continue to help MAGA.

• Janie M. says:

Grandma C, I came to CTH (in November, 2014) via a link posted in a comment at Breitbart (I think). And like you, I lurked for a while also. Suspect a number of us started out as lurkers. 😉

• farmerren says:

Thx. FYI, it’s taken me this long to figure out how to ‘Like’ posts. haha (gettin there…)

• Janie M. says:

farmerren, I opened a WP acct (it was free) in late January, 2016 so I could “Like” comments (after hanging around since November, 2014). I set it to private. I don’t blog – so no one can access my page and fill it up w/spam or whatever without my knowledge. Consequently, I don’t monitor it. I have received a few emails from WP saying someone wants to view my page – I can give my consent or just ignore its email and the person can’t gain access. Just something you should keep in mind. And… welcome aboard.

• auscitizenmom says:

Welcome. 🙂

• New Nonna to Be, Again!!! 🤗 says:

Welcome, Farmer!! Any Trump supporter, previously lurking or not, is most welcome! 👍

4. Psycho Monkee says:

Remember when.
    Remember the Sundays of going to Holy Mass and you wore your best? Mom in a modest dress, Dad wearing a suit and tie. My Sunday shoes spit and polished. Whoa have times changed. Especially on “Packer Sunday”. Mrs. Monkee and I bounce between 4 parishes and the attire is getting more outrageous. Men wearing shorts, Mom’s ready for the beach moments, kids in scruffy shorts and tee-shirts. Hey, I get it, I cannot read hearts, but its surely distracting. Remember when…

• Dora says:

And hats. You forgot the hats. Mom and I and all the other females in Church had to wear a hat.

I miss those days.

• Janie M. says:

P. Monkee and Dora, I bobby pinned one of those round lace black doilies on my head for mass and always wore a dress or skirt. Wouldn’t dream of wearing slacks. This was through out the 60’s.

• Dora says:

One time I even pinned a tissue on my head. For some reason I didn’t have a hat with me that day and I wouldn’t dare enter the Church with my head uncovered.

What we are talking about here is respect. Unfortunately, that’s a word we don’t hear anymore.

• Janie M. says:

I hear ya… miss those days.

• New Nonna to Be, Again!!! 🤗 says:

Same here. 🤣😂 Tissue-wise.

One parishioner wears a nice, lacy, slightly longer than shoulder length, head cover mantilla. I find it very respectful, and tasteful. I’ve searched online but can’t find any nearly the same. I’ll be seeing her this Tuesday night for a Bible class she’s leading. I’m going to ask her where she got them.

Funny thing is, as a seventh grader in a Catholic school, I hated wearing them back then. How things change indeed.

• Psycho Monkee says:

Dora, nailed it! Mom used to wear this green and black head piece with black “netting” that covered 1/2 her face. Golly, I hadn’t thought about that in years. 🙂

5. Guy-Blanc Déploré says:
  6. Dora says:

7. Mike diamond says:

WE Support our Troops,our Police and Fire Fighters! And Mikey doesn’t wear Nike ! Never.

8. Flman0878 says:

Hey Treepers, just saw this article on zerohedge re: the lovely Nellie Ohr

9. Flman0878 says:

Damn wrong link i meant this:

Although the above is germaine to Feinswine & Judge Kavanaugh

10. kea says:

This speech made no sense. BUT it made me laugh. Yes a rich SJW in hollywood preaching to us. LOL

Anne Hathaway denounces white and straight privilege at awards ceremony

11. amwick says:

Brett Kavanaugh’s accuser has come forward, Christine Blasely Ford. The twitterverse has gone insane. Absolutely insane… *sighs

12. Sepp says:

September 3rd – Orthodox Church Calendar traditional

Among the several Saints who are commemorated today is the Holy Royal Martyr Edward, King of England. He suffered an unusual Martyrdom in 978.

An Orthodox Monastic Brotherhood has a Church dedicated to Saint Edward’s honor outside of London.

The short video below (if this shows up correctly) is of the Consecration of that Church in 2010, which included British, Greek, and Romanian Bishops and clergy.

A Priest from Sweden compiled the scenes for the video, which is why the opener is titled in Swedish.

The first hymn is Psalm 103 (Septuagint) “Bless the Lord, o my soul” in Church Slavonic chanted by a lady from Serbia named Divna Ljubojevic. The second hymn is in English and is sung by a choir of Orthodox nuns.

Hope this works.

13. “I want to know…
    Have you ever seen the rain..
    Comin’ down on a sunny day”?

I just did, I was standing outside in the yard, it started raining hard, and the sun was still shining SO bright. I just stood there and looked around at the trees and grass ..
    It was so beautiful!

14. Sepp says:

The Parable of the Talents

On the 16th Sunday after Pentecost on the traditional Orthodox Church Calendar, the Gospel reading is from Holy Gospel of Saint Matthew 25: 14-30.

A commentary from Saint Theophylact is shared in English translation at this link:

15. There – I fixed it and put it under the proper thread – I think.

“This is an official White House Statement on the National Wireless Emergency Alert System. The top twelve (12) officials in both the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation have been terminated and have either been arrested or formally placed under investigation for Sedition against the government of the United States of America. Additionally, the security clearances and passports have been revoked from the top twelve (12) appointed officials in the previous administration for the reasons previously stated. Due to this state of affairs, the United States Marshal service will oversea all current and future FBI investigations. And the United States Army Judge Advocate General Corps will assume all jurisdictional responsibilities of the DOJ. A State of Emergency has been declared by the President and as such all immigration to the United States has been immediately suspended until further notice. The United States Marine Corps has been instructed to immediately seal our southern border. They are authorized to use lethal force to repel any unauthorized attempt at entry.”

Pour me another double Martha – I’m just getting warmed up. MAGA

16. Lucille says:

“An Unfortunate Outcome At Cargill”
    September 15, 2018 by Hugh Fitzgerald

DENVER (AP) — A big U.S. meatpacker has agreed to pay $1.5 million to 138 Somali-American Muslim workers who were fired from their jobs at a Colorado plant after they were refused prayer breaks, a federal anti-discrimination agency said Friday.

17. Katherine McCoun says:

Starting to get gusty wind here in Southern Middle Tennessee and spin off rain — farther west than predicted but I am sure it won’t be a big deal here. Just some windy rain. Thinking of our fellow treepers and all residents of NC, esp. Wilmington, New Bern, and the flooded areas. Take care of yourselves and update us!

18. Lucille says:

Video from Canada: Hijabbed Muslima throws hot coffee on protestors decrying Muslim migrant’s murder of teen girl
    September 16, 2018 3:30 PM By Robert Spencer

Her name is MARRISA SHEN

19. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

20. alligatriot says:

What a blessed day! Life is good.

I don’t usually post in the open forum but if any of y’all hear from Albertus Magnus let him know some of us are thinking of him. He was pretty down last night. Not sure he posts in the open forum but thought I’d take a shot.

Tomorrow is the beginning of a new week!
    I’m gonna do something outrageous – maybe take my neighbor a jar of pear preserves.

MAGA, y’all!