Sunday August 19th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

205 Responses to Sunday August 19th – Open Thread

1. Janie M. says:

Recording of “Evil Mama” a song from Joe’s CD, Redemption, which will be released on September 21st.

• Minnie says:

Thank you for this link, Janie, love Joe.

America Georgia Grace turned me onto Joe earlier this year.

Thinking of you, Grace, we are all keeping the branches warm for you here at our Refuge.

❤️

2. amwick says:

I81 is a major north south interstate, on the east coast, sorta. It starts in Tn and goes north along the western side of Va. A Sunday in August is NOT a good day to drive this, unless you want to explore many secondary roads in an effort to drive around 75 miles or so of traffic jams, caused by several severe accidents. So, I have learned the hard way. I have also seen much of James Madison University which is in Harrisonburg. It is amazing what you discover when the interstate is messed up. It is lovely.

3. sobriquet4u says:

Please pray for my brother-in-law who within the last couple of hours had a massive heart attack at age 66 and is on a ventilator. No prior health problems just a hard worker. Please pray for his recovery he is a good man, father and husband.

• sobriquet4u says:

Also please add my sister who has stage four lung cancer and has developed sepsis this evening. My family needs many prayers tonight.

• Minnie says:

All powerful and ever-loving God, we lift up this family in prayer.

May Your Divine Mercies grant them healing, comfort and grace in this, their time of need.

Your ways are not our ways and we trust in You.

In Jesus’ name, we pray. Amen 🙏

God be with you, sobriquet, as you await news on your loved ones ❤️

Please keep us posted, we are praying.

• sobriquet4u says:

Thank you for your prayers Minnie. My brother in law passed away this morning. He was a wonderful person and our hearts are broken.

• Minnie says:

Sobriquet, my prayers and heart are with you. I am so saddened to hear of your loss.

May God grant you and your family peace and comfort at this difficulty time.

May your wonderful memories with your brother in law carry you through this time of mourning.

❤️❤️❤️

O Loving Father and Savior, send Your angels to carry the soul of your servant from this earth to the heavenly place of eternal and everlasting life.

Let family and friends who have passed before in faith be reunited in joy with the departed.

Forgive any wrongs that have been committed and welcome this beloved spirit into the warm embrace of Your unending peace.

Amen 🙏

4. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

5. Donna in Oregon says:

The Miracle Prayer

Lord Jesus, I come before you, just as I am, I am sorry for my sins, I repent of my sins, please forgive me. In your Name, I forgive all others for what they have done against me. I renounce Satan, the evil spirits and all their works. I give you my entire self, Lord Jesus, now and forever. I invite you into my life, Jesus. I accept you as my Lord, God and Saviour. Heal me, change me, strengthen me in body, soul, and spirit.

Come Lord Jesus, cover me with your Precious Blood, and fill me with your Holy Spirit. I love you Lord Jesus. I praise you Jesus. I thank you Jesus. I shall follow you every day of my life. Amen.

Mary, My Mother, Queen of Peace, St. Peregrine, the cancer saint, all the Angels and Saints, please help me. Amen.

Say this prayer faithfully, no matter how you feel. When you come to the point where you sincerely mean each word with all your heart, Jesus will change your whole life in a very special way. You will see.

Prayer © 1993 Peter M. Rookey and Servite Fathers, O.S.M.

“Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” (Hebrews 4:16)