Sunday July 29th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

224 Responses to Sunday July 29th – Open Thread

1. getfitnow says:

Maybe Peter Thiel can bring a few conservatives out of the closet there.

FTA – Billionaire investor Peter Thiel compared Silicon Valley’s one-party culture to “North Korea” in a speech to last week’s Turning Point USA conference, a gathering of conservative high school students in Washington, DC.

Speaking to a raucous crowd of conservative teenagers Wednesday evening, Silicon Valley mogul Peter Thiel lamented that the United States is turning into an authoritarian state like North Korea due to rampant political correctness that is stifling the sharing of ideas.

“I supported [Donald] Trump for president in 2016,” Mr. Thiel said, prompting a wave of applause from the young audience. “And it was in some ways both, perhaps, the least contrarian and the most contrarian thing I’ve done in my life. It was the least contrarian, because how far off can something be if half the country agrees with you?

2. Sepp says:

“Jesus Walking on Water”

Today is the Ninth Sunday after Pentecost on the traditional calendar of the Orthodox Church and the reading from the Holy Gospel is from Saint Matthew 14:22-34.

Ten centuries ago, Saint Theophylact of Ohrid and Bulgaria wrote Patristic commentaries on the New Testament for the Slavic peoples in his region. These are being translated into English and the American publisher kindly shares selections of these (KJV). The link is below.

3. czarowniczy says:

About 8:30 PM last night in New Orleans two gunmen fired on someone who was apparently trying to get away from them. The escapee ran into a crowd where 10 persons were hit, three killed and seven injured. There is no description of the killers other than they had guns and were wearing hoods.
    There are some clues though. The shootings took place in a strip mall on South Claiborne (hint, hint) in a strip mall where a crowd had gatered in the parking lot by one of our infamous frozen daiquiri stores and a restaurant named ‘Chicken & Watermelon’ ( no jive, look it up:
    https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/local/orleans/new-orleans-shooting-3-dead-7-injured-after-gunmen-open-fire-at-strip-mall/289-578344407) clue, clue, clue. Shooters ran away in the direction of MLK Blvd (clue, hint, clue, hint).
    NOPS has warned those involved not to take this case on themselvers. Just as soon as they can NOPD will attempt to hire Inspector Clousaeu to assist.
    In the mean time NOPD’s dealing with the fallout of two brand new NOPD rookies just out of the academy who beat the living s**t out a a Latino guy in a bar because they said he was wearing camo clothing and wasn’t a real American. Turns out the Latino gent was a vet. Both officers were fired and charged with ‘simple battery’, a misdemeanor charge that shouldn’t prevent them from being hired by another department.

4. bleep21k says:

I thought the responses to Mr jake were hilarious lol…

The Democratic Party is the weakest it has been since the 1920s, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ https://t.co/ATqKBx4bq0— Jake Tapper (@jaketapper) July 29, 2018

5. Donna in Oregon says:

These people in the Fake News Globalist cabal are crazy. They will do each other in. It’s the final, fatal stage of Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Right on cue, the Fake News NYT whines and complains POTUS labeled them the “enemy of the people”. So I think one of the pressitutes is going to be that sacrificial lamb–selected by their Globalist Corporate master manipulators–to take one for the team.

Probably grooming the selected crazy now….. “Yes Bob, the voices in your head are right. Fake News Person #1 is an enemy of the people…”

I just want to memorialize,on this date, I think the Swamp has finally gone over the edge. Stay tuned for hysterical reporting.

6. singingsoul says:

I am a little shuck up tonight. My husband took my two dogs for a walk a Australian Blue Healer and a Coonhound – Staff mix. They are tethered because my Coonhound mix can pull if he sees a cat and the Blue Healer keeps him in check.
    My neighbor has a pittbull female she had 9 pups and two are left they are 6 month old. They have no fence and let the dogs out to roam. The female dog attacked my Healer and went right for her throat and the Coonhound – Staff tried to defend her.
    Thank God the owner came out the house and pulled the Pitt off my dog. Peri was not hurt but it is scary. The Pittbull does not seem dangerous but maybe now that they are a pack she has become aggressive…?
    I am not against Pittbulls but feel they need to have a fence or be leashed when out and about.
    My Coonhound Staff has a big yaw and if he was not leashed would have taken the dog on because he is protective of my husband and the blue Healer. Woodford does not start a fight but if attack will not back down. The Blue Healer is the alfa but only in the house and yard. She is insecure out and about not when I am with her.
    I am afraid this will ruin my dogs now how they approach other dogs..? Both are well socialized and go on and off to day care to play with other dogs .
    Sorry about my rambling but I love my animals and they are trained .

• singingsoul says:

Update
      After closer inspection we found that Peri has a gash on her neck. Poor thing she is such a love. She is at the Vet to have it taken care off in case she needs stitches. I hope the Pitt has rabies shot.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“I hope the Pitt has rabies shot.”

I don’t know what state you live in, but i report that to the authorities and take your neighbor to small claims court if they do not reimburse you for the vet bill. The police can advise you of your rights and alternatives.

What if these dogs attack a small child next week?

• singingsoul says:

Deplorable_Infidel
          Thank you for your advice.

The Vet bill will be $800. We are going to report it tomorrow. Peri was in shock .
          I am not going to let my husband take the dogs on his own and bring my walking sticks .
          My husband just got out of the hospital on Friday and bleeds easily I am glad the dog did not turn on him.

• wondering999 says:

So sorry this has happened in your neighborhood Singingsoul. Much love to the canines and you and your husband. May everyone heal quickly and completely…

• olderwiser21 says:

So sorry, Singing – I am sure that was super scary! Dogs that are not fenced in a yard should not be off leash – that’s pretty much the law in my town. I would file a report with the police on this as well, because it could have been much, much worse. The situation needs to be corrected quickly. My daughter’s sweet pooch was attacked at her doggy day care out of nowhere by another dog there. Turns out the other dog’s owner admitted that his dog was unstable with a habit of turning on others for no reason. As the daycare owners tried to pull the dog off, it actually turned and bit the staff member. So, they ended up in the hospital as well as my daughter’s dog. Vet bill was $800.00, which the owner of the German shepherd paid without a peep. I think they were grateful they weren’t being sued. My daughter’s dog is a very expensive show dog – it could have been a disaster – I wouldn’t blame you for taking steps to prevent a repeat. Actually, the pitty’s folks are probably lucky your hubby didn’t take out a gun and shoot it.

7. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.