Saturday July 14th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

280 Responses to Saturday July 14th – Open Thread

1. Jeff says:

I would like to introduce you to one of my favorite authors, A.A. Attanasio. I first encountered him through his novel “Radix,” the first of a four-volume set each with the theme of one of the four dimensions. “Radix” – height, “In Other Worlds” – depth, “Arc of The Dream” – breadth, and one of my Top Five Novels of All Time, “The Last Legends Of Earth” – time.
    “Radix” is an exceptionally difficult read, but the good things in life never come easy.
    For his next two, he scales it back a bit – just a bit! – with “In Other Worlds”
    and “Arc of The Dream”
    and finishes in strong fashion with the simply amazing “The Last Legends of Earth”, the scale and scope of which is truly mind-expanding.
    One of the most common adjectives applied to Attanasio’s work is “mind-bending.”
    Here is his GoodReads blurb
    and here is his website
    He has also written one of the most unique interpretations of the Arthurian Legend I have ever encountered, a multi-volume set overtitled “The Perilous Order of Camelot,” containing the four novels “The Dragon and The Unicorn,” “The Eagle and The Sword,” “The Wolf and The Crown,” and “The Serpent and The Grail.”

2. getfitnow says:

POTUS in Scotland> fast forward to 1:12. There’s more LE than protesters. 🙂

• famouswolf says:

What a bunch of loser idiots. Enemies.

• Lucille says:

Without the ability to think for themselves, there’s not an original thought or action in the entire group. Old, worn-out and never-true philosophies clog their minds and they act out insipid scripts others have written for them.

Take them from the streets this hour and plunk them down in one of their utopias, they’d do nothing but cry and beg and live with the street rats unable to work because they know how to do nothing. The masters of their paradise would find it necessary to eliminate them for they are of no use to anyone.

3. Dora says:

4. quintrillion says:

Ammon Bundy talks about the Bureau of Land Management. The Hammond pardon and much more. 33 minutes.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Lucille, I’m not that limber yet…..but all those long slow stretches with learning how to properly breath from the diaphram…. is sure helping. I spend way too much time at my desk……by classes have taught me techniques that I can do at home, and release the tension in my muscles!!

5. Lucille says:

100% AWWdorable! – 3 NEW Foster Kittens
    Cole and Marmalade YouTube Channel

6. FanGirl says:

Nearing the end of Caturday. Prayer time.

7. sherrymerlot says:

I am new here. I think I only posted a couple of times in the past! Was wondering, I am on Twitter, and realized that I am not receiving many of PDJT tweets in my timeline. This has been probably going on for a while. Is this a common problem? I have been a little upset about reports today about more censorship on social media (particularly stories about Facebook and how they try to censor “fake news”, the definition of which is left to the imagination).

Thanks.

• Ad rem says:

Welcome (again) to the Tree House sherry! 😀

• BigMamaTEA says:

Same thing has been happening to me sherrymerlot. So, I just go to Trump’s page, go through the tweets, and repost the ones I want in my timeline. “Bypass the system” Trump is being shadow-banned.

• sherrymerlot says:

Thank you. I am finding that, if I follow a sufficient number of highly active Trump supporters, they “like” and “re-tweet” enough that the best @realdonaldtrump tweets will appear on my timeline anyway.

8. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

9. nwtex says: