Hope Hicks Leaving White House….

The New York Times is reporting Ms. Hope Hicks is resigning from her role as White House Communications Director to seek opportunities in the private sector.

This doesn’t come as a surprise considering 29-year-old Ms. Hicks was/is romantically involved with Rob Porter, the embattled White House Staff Secretary who was swamped in a controversy of accusations of abuse against him by former spouses earlier this month.

Hope Hicks was initially candidate Donald Trump’s personal aide, and one of a very small group organized within the initial presidential campaign headed by Cory Lewandowski.

Together with Lewandowski, Hope Hicks, Dan Scavino Jr., Michael Cohen, Michael Glassner, Brad Parscale and Jared Kushner were the team who powered through the political machine to win the GOP nomination and later the presidency.

According to the Times: “Ms. Hicks had been considering leaving for several months. She told colleagues that she had accomplished what she felt she could with a job that made her one of the most powerful people in Washington, and that there would never be a perfect moment to leave, according to White House aides.”  Her exact departure date is unknown.

(NYT) […] “Hope is outstanding and has done great work for the last three years,” Mr. Trump said. “She is as smart and thoughtful as they come, a truly great person. I will miss having her by my side, but when she approached me about pursuing other opportunities, I totally understood. I am sure we will work together again in the future.”

As communications director, Ms. Hicks worked to stabilize, to some extent, a fractious press department of about 40 people who were often at odds with one another in 2017. She maintained one of the lowest public profiles of anyone to ever hold the job, declining to sit for interviews or appear at the White House briefing room podium. That mystique added to the outsize attention she received.

“I quickly realized what so many have learned about Hope: She is strategic, poised and wise beyond her years,” said John F. Kelly, the White House chief of staff. “She became a trusted adviser and counselor, and did a tremendous job overseeing the communications for the president’s agenda including the passage of historic tax reform. She has served her country with great distinction. To say that she will be missed is an understatement.” (Link)

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016, Election 2020, media bias, President Trump, Press Secretary - Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

295 Responses to Hope Hicks Leaving White House….

1. Oldskool says:

The coup is almost complete, last one standing is the President. John Kelly clears the way to bring back his team’s man…Josh Earnest.

• Oldschool says:

Fear you are right oldskool. They are taking out Trump’s team one by one

• Fe says:

Sorry, but that is just BS.

• Charlotte says:

The Dems are doing everything in their power to sabotage president Trump
          How do you think she felt being grilled by the FBI for 9 hours knowing how they trapped Flynn?
          I dont think she could take it anymore

This:
          House Intel Dems Are Accused Of Inaccurate Leaks Of Hope Hicks Testimony

• Charlotte says:

From a US defence lawyer-why you should never talk to the police.
            Call your lawyer first and SAY NOTHING
            He explains it well
            Same applies with the FBI

• Rynn69 says:

I completely agree, Charlotte. If I was PDJT, I would take a good, long and hard look at who is advising his son Don Jr., Jared, Hope, and others to just talk with these clowns for hours on end…yet the real criminals have avoided it. Is it PDJT’s General Counsel? Who is it that is giving such poor advice? I suggest PDJT search out some advice from wiser counsel…

• CBNC says:

Like ole Rush said earlier today – everyone said Flynn didn’t lie about anything.
                BUT if they asked what color his car was and he said it was red – they would check the manufacturer’s stated color which said it was SCARLET.

Thus you LIE Mr. Flynn. You lied to the special counsel.

I am getting more and more frustrated by the day.

There is a cold civil war which may not be so cold.

• Somewhere in Dixie says:

There is a civil war going on. That is why they are doing everything they can to disarm us.

• TakeBackOurRepublic says:

This is really worth a watch. I had no idea how easily an innocent person making innocent statements could turn into self entrapment.

• I sent this video to my 3 kids as they reached driving age. There are several others which were required reading before getting the keys. Once they are out the door they are on their own and need to know all the rules of the road.

• G. Alistar says:

Confirmation bias – the tendency to look for evidence that supports our preconceived notions and importantly, to discount evidence as it really is (i.e., avoid truth). We have only the information we have been presented by the media, press releases and internet. I’m not buying that John Kelly has anything to do with Hope Hicks leaving…and as for Josh Earnest coming to this White-house team: dreamer!

• cali says:

@G. Alistar: Can you imagine the exploding heads everywhere if Michael Flynn would return as soon as he is exonerated.
        It’s a thought that’s stuck in my mind believing Michael Flynn will return. He is the master planner taking down the deep state together with Admiral Mike Rodgers.
        It would be a dream come true for me. 🙂

• NJ Transplant says:

I have been thinking the same thing oldskool. Apparently Kelly has been lowering security for a number of people including Jared. I forget who it was, but someone was warning about the generals cutting PDJT off from all those who are loyal to him. I hope that is not what is going on, but this isn’t good.

2. Ivehadit says:

“I am sure we will be work together again in the future…” -Donald J. Trump referring to Hope Hicks.

Like the campaign for 2020…maybe…wink wink.
    WE LOVE YOU DONALD AND WE LOVE YOU HOPE! THANK YOU FOR HELPING ELECT OUR MAGNIFICENT PRESIDENT! WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOUR SUPERB SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY AND MOVEMENT!

3. Keebler AC says:

Never doubt that there are those in the private sector trying to dangle carrots to entice away President Trump’s most effective staff. It’s a tough job and they work on both sides to try to ruin their lives and then offer a way out.

4. kaste668 says:

This is the way I look at it. No one expected the bitterness and Trump Derangement Syndrome to go on after he was was elected. I am 64 and have never seen a President nor his team treated the way our POTUS is treated. Hope has been there now a year. She is 29 and her life is not her own. She can’t move in any direction without the scrutiny of the MSM, Rabid libs etc. Every move questioned, every look, every word. I wonder how many death threats she has received. Maybe she just decided that after a year, it was time to take her life back.

• Michelle says:

I agree.

• brh82 says:

I often wonder if Ivanka and/or Jared awaken in the morning with an intense dread that this nightmare of a life is bound to continue for 7 more loooong years. Imagine being Melania! The disrespect is soooooo pervasive. Between every 3 or 4 Sundance articles on the WordPress Reader, there is “Recommended Reading” I pray no Trump EVER reads. No matter what they say or do, some negative is ginned up to make them look evil.

• I will say this – Hope Hicks has an awesome future in front of her. She will go far, no doubt.

• pyromancer76 says:

Really??? No one expected this with communists ensconsed in almost every department, in control of the mass media, and much of the social media. They might call themselves otherwise, but make no mistake, their policies are of the totalitarian variety. That President Trump and his assistants have been able to Win so many battles, still amazes me.

Remain strong, alert, stout of heart, and keep ready for the bloody fights ahead. There are trillions of $$$ at stake for the globalists and there is marxist triumph for the communists. Neither will win. We are too many and too engaged. Sundance has been leading the way, along with many other faithful leaders on the internet.

With respect, Kaste668, your “awakening” is just what President Trump needs. And lots of Americans just like you; you haven’t looked around and seen the devastation attempted against Americans and the American Republic. Including the worst — economic devastation.

There have been many of us cringing and crying and investigating and screaming and whatever else we could do for the last 8 years to wake people up to the vast dangers. Much of it insidious; much of it plain sight — but it is hard for Americans to imagine that any American would act like this.

The more Americans awake, the more Americans shocked, the better the outcome will be.

• sat0422 says:

Maybe having to testify was the straw for her. It might have been for me.

• The Jimmy Jack says:

It might have scared her. She’s from a wealthy family and doesn’t have to work or have the hunger that accompanies not having. She’s young and beautiful. Maybe she figured the cost was too high.

The tweets from Ivanka & KellyAnne seem very sincere.

• The Jimmy Jack says:

I agree but it seems to me she will never escape the damage done to her by tds so why not stick it out? Just s thought. With that kind of sunk cost I’d hang on.

I do hope this isn’t to be with Porter. Whether the abuse story is true or not she can do better.

• Charlotte says:

I also agree. These DemScum are playing EVERY DIRTY TRICK i the book to bring Pres Trump down.
      Imagine if we had done this with Obama?
      We’d have been arrested and imprisoned forthwith.

5. Pam says:

RSBN feed live now.

6. Pam says:

I hope POTUS can hold on to this guy for the next seven years.

7. TwoLaine says:

“A lion doesn’t concern himself with the opinion of sheep.”

Someone who is a hyena has recently been using this inappropriately, but it applies more to Hope than anyone else.

You Go Girl!

8. jbrickley says:

Mueller’s crew grilled her for nine hours! She was dating Porter and perhaps still could be. She’s had about enough of the insanity from the media. She can still go do whatever she likes.

9. Greg says:

The DS MSM are attacking DJT’s close family to hurt him. We had Stormy to hurt Melania, Porter to hurt Hope, the questions to Ivanka about her father and now Jared’s clearance. I hope DJT is taking names because the DS MSM deserve no mercy.

• The Jimmy Jack says:

You nailed it. They’re going hard after his family. And don’t forget Jessica Trump’s anthrax letter scare.

QAnon says the lives of his family have been threatened. I wonder if that’s why Barron was traveling in a separate car recently (and criticized for it).

10. SHoover1226 says:

She’s gone to make her millions and won’t have to put up with all the BS from every aggrieved person in the world. Who among us wouldn’t leave as well. She’s a rock star and I wish her well.

• The Jimmy Jack says:

Where’s Hope’s $30 million book deal?

That’s right. She’s not taking deep state payoffs disguised as book deals.

11. JuiceMan_V says:

First thing that came to mind is that Trump is getting an all new communications team.

I wish Hope Hicks luck, but i’m not affected by this at all.

I really wish Mooch would come back.

That guy is built for the job.

12. Amy1212 says:

POTUS announces he is running for re-election. He says in the quote above “ I am sure we will work together again in the future.” Perhaps she will be working in a new capacity away from the White House and the madness. Best wishes, Hope! Well done and well played.

• The Jimmy Jack says:

That’s my guess. That’s the smart play. Jared could be stepping in for this as well since he was credited with the winning tech outreach.

13. leebelieu says:

I know it is painted by the Media of every departure being “chaos, the beginning of the end…” But as someone working in the private sector and a little in the armed forces, I admit I like it. The churn is real outside bureaucracy and academia, people move on. I wish the best for her and thank her for her aid to the President and his agenda. MAGA marches on.

14. Deb says:

God bless you Miss Hicks. Thanks for your service.

15. NJF says:

Wish her he best of luck.

I’m miss the Mooch as well. He was on a show a couple of weeks ago, and he was asked “I hear there are rumors you might be headed back to the WH?”

He played coy.

#LetTrumpBeTrump

16. Linus in W.PA. says:

I suppose that when one is in the close orbit of the Trumpet, as President, they are perhaps pushed to extend the envelope, and succeed beyond what was thought possible. For some, they reach the upper limits of their capabilities and get released, or tap out. Others may decide that they’ve experienced the ‘magic’ and prefer to move on, perhaps to something less intense. And everything in between.

Straight ahead, Hope!

17. YvonneMarie says:

It’s the boyfriend…

18. pochas94 says:

It’s up to her, but I’m hoping she’ll join Trump’s reelection staff.

19. massivedeplorable says:

She looks like Brooke Shields, speaks like Grace Kelly and holds up under pressure like Winston Churchill. If I was a stripper single gent I’d do all I could to persuade her to have dinner with me.

God bless amazing Americans like Hope!

20. massivedeplorable says:

God bless amazing Americans like Hope!

21. Big Jake says:

Like her or not, Hope Hicks is a complete and total hottie. Vroom! Vroom!

22. Jay Karni says:

Hope was our last hope🍭!

23. Mar says:

Then she didn’t deserve to be there to begin with. 3 years does not make for a lifelong, oh so, so, so loyal to Trump employee.
    She clearly, had to have known about Porter. I blame her for a bit of the hits the White House took. As a woman, I sense her resigning has a bit to do with him. Perhaps they fell in love and she’s willing to believe him instead of his ex’s, knows it would look God awful to continue to see him and perhaps a bit of Mueller bullying her. She’d had enough.
    So long.

24. LULU says:

My goodness. Last time I looked, she did not walk on water. What an emotional outpouring for a Trump staffer. The Republic has survived much worse. It will manage to get through this.

25. rashomon says:

Sorry, I have not read all the comments above me, but have any of you all worked a political campaign? It is a 25/8 job. Ms. Hicks has done remarkably well for our president and deserves to make decisions about her future without everyone prying into her life.

Thank you, Ms. Hicks, for your service. Best wishes.

26. Ziiggii says:

This is pretty petty and sick:

27. Mike diamond says:

President Trump is still the best President we have ever had!after 8 years of looking at Obama folks,and hearing all the liberal nonsense its refreshing to see Trumps people!!!!

28. BigBlockMill says:

I don’t remember congress going after other presidents communications people, or grilling them for hours on end.The swamp is really going crazy: I have read that the flak is heavy when you are over the target.
    God bless President Trump and the United States of America.