February 28th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #405

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sarah H Sanders Twitter @SHSanders45

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,879 Responses to February 28th – 2018 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #405

1. Well, now – shame on Ann Coulter for not giving the appropriate attribution to SD!!!

2. Anybody here from Northern CA? Predicting up to 7 FEET of snow tonight!!!!

3. OMG! Google/YT teaming up with “trusted flaggers” as censors, with one of them being the SPLC!!!!!

4. daughnworks247 says:

Nine kinds of hell breaking loose at our house.
    Son called from college, phone call laced with expletives.
    “Mom”, he starts in, “What do you mean I can’t buy ammo from Wal-Mart anymore?”.
    He will be 21 in a few months, but a few months, when one is 20 is light years.
    “Mom”, he continues, “Mom!!!!!!! You have to call Trump on this right away”.
    I very calmly told him to call his Congressman, whom he worked for, and voice his opinion.
    Yeah……. I think he will definitely vote in the mid-terms.

5. RM says:

Seems like Peter strock was fired for an inappropriate relationship with a subordinate. https://www.reddit.com/r/CBTS_Stream/comments/80zgbw/peter_strzok_fired_trump_tweets_ig_horowitz_and/ The post contains a link to the official document too.

6. lawrencepaul1 says:

Arizona Funds “Freedom Schools” To Counter Liberal Hegemony On Campus

7. rich33y says:

This latest attack on the 2nd amendment is just a small step in the liberals end game.

They claim they want “assault rifles” banned. What they really want is semi-automatic rifles banned.

Then the next step is semi-automatic pistols.

And then ………

• Wretched1 says:

Who cares what they want? Why should we acquiesce to these clowns? C’mon, turn this around. Who are they, the minority fringe? Bullies. Smack ’em in the face and keep on a truckin.’

8. Falcon Koch says:

Something I don’t understand. Why has Trump leaving in all these Bush, Obama appointees in offices of FBI, State Dept. and the rest of the Gov’t.? These are some of the very people who are hurting our President. They are all part of the “Deep State” ! So Sundance would you kindly explain why nothing has changed? Regards

9. RM says:

Testimony ????

• patrickhenrycensored says:

If you are referring to Hicks’ testimony, and it being a reason for her sudden departure; it’s a reasonable conclusion.

• amber says:

From the article…

“Rooney, a member of the committee, slammed his Democratic colleagues for leaking former White House communications director Hope Hicks’ testimony, where she admitted to telling white lies for President Donald Trump.

“That’s why tonight I’ve asked our Chairman (Mike) Conaway that we need to end this investigation,” he told CNN’s Erin Burnett on “OutFront.” “It’s been going on for a year. We’ve interviewed scores of witnesses and now we’ve gotten to the point now where we’re literally bringing people in for nine hours just so the Democrats can leak to the press something as ridiculous as ‘white lies.’ ”
          Once again Democrats leak testimony to the media. Should Sessions add this to the 31 ongoing leak investigations

10. Stormyeyes says:

11. Get this crap!!!!

“Engagement on Donald Trump’s Facebook posts have dropped by approximately 45 percent since the platform introduced a new algorithm change, following a year of pressure from left-wing employees and the mainstream media for “allowing” the President to win the 2016 general election.

In January, Facebook introduced a major change to its algorithm. In a post, CEO Mark Zuckerberg claimed that the change aimed to give greater emphasis to posts from “friends, family and groups” and less to “businesses, brands and media.” The change was followed by a promise to promote what Facebook calls “broadly trusted” news sources on the platform.

In the month following the algorithm change, engagement on Donald Trump’s Facebook posts dropped sharply. Total engagement dropped by approximately 45 percent, according to data from leading social media analytics firm NewsWhip. In an email to Breitbart News, a representative of Newswhip confirmed that Breitbart’s reading of the data was accurate.”

• WeThePeople2016 says:

Yet, FB always runs with anti-conservative news on the right side feed as their top headlines. Who are they kidding?

• nimrodman says:

here are sub-headlines at breitbart

Flash: Masters of Universe Muzzle Trump

President’s Facebook ‘Engagement’ Drops 45% Since ‘Algorithm’ Change
      …Social Media Megaphone Turned Down…

…Unbiased analytics database confirms…

…Exclusive: Facebook Reacts…

…Flashback: Zuck Threatened by Top Dem to ‘Fix’ Platform

The last one is pretty telling.

• treehouseron says:

I have a business and the way Facebook runs their ‘business’ pages is infuriating. I don’t even use my facebook business page anymore.

We would make posts, and it would go out to all our followers; we didn’t buy any followers, and only had local people who actually could buy something from our brick and mortar store as followers, essentially . So we grew our followers 1 at a time. We didn’t try to get followers from out of state, or advertise all over the world (on facebook)… and ended up with a pretty tight base of 1000 or so followers who were actual customers that had actually been in our store.

So facebook changed how they work, about 3 years ago or so. Now, instead of sending your post to all your followers…. they would only send it to like… 5 percent. So most of your followers never even see your posts.

If you don’t post anything for a month, then post again, they send the post to all your followers… as soon as you start posting frequently again, though, they go back to their old ways.

It makes it a big waste of time for a small business to use facebook, at least in our situation.

They’ve changed the way they do things again it seems with politicians (or right wing politicians) but I’m positive President Trump and his team will work around that.

12. Stormyeyes says:

13. Talk about needing a special counsel… We need one (team) for Pedogate.

14. Dixie says:

The tone around here is becoming frantic.

15. Its been a tough clinging to my branch with all the whirlwinds swirling around TCTH today. I’ve read so many different opinions today I forgot whose side I’m on.

• Dixie says:

Thanks for the chuckle. I needed that.

• Eric C. says:

Trump carried/carries a concealed weapon.

I remember all the “sky is falling” over DACA. Nothing came of it. Same here and every time there has been a shooting. I’m beginning to think the uniparty likes decisive issues like immigration and guns. Nothing will be solved, but they can keep raising money every time an issue comes up. Never let a good crisis go to waste.

• And, you hit the nail on the head. Nothing is solved.

• Michael says:

At least with immigration there is an actual solution to fix the system it’s just untenable to the Uniparty. There is no way to stop violence. People have murdered each other since Cain gave Abel a love tap with a shovel.

But yes, much of this is about raising money. Hopefully it doesn’t translate into legislation. I still put blame on POTUS for even entertaining this conversation. I don’t need more heartburn, Donald!

• Hey, I started out headed over the brink until I came here.

• Michael says:

There is a legitimate divide in the MAGA camp after Trump’s meeting with legislators today and his openness to passing gun control. There are people attacking the President for breaking his campaign promises on one side and people defending him on the other saying he’s not serious and it’s another fake out like the DACA amnesty meeting.

I don’t know what the President actually wants but in my book he dropped many places today because he allowed gun control to even be discussed. Hopefully nothing comes of it (Paul Ryan is oddly our hero tonight for saying the House won’t pass any gun control, who would have thought that would ever happen?) but he still messed up by even considering it.

Another self inflicted wound in communications from the White House. Just the latest in a long string of communications disasters like the Syrian airstrike and DACA and the Rob Porter thing. It’s all so tiresome.

• rf121 says:

Go vote for Hillary then. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

• Michael says:

No, I would never vote for Hildabeast. If he signs gun control laws then I’ll go back to voting third party like I did for every presidential election in my life until 2016.

• Right Mover says:

“I would never vote for Hildabeast. If he signs gun control laws then I’ll go back to voting third party like I did for every presidential election in my life until 2016.”

Which is exactly the same as voting for the Democrat, except that you get to feel good about yourself.

• Michael says:

Oh, I fully admit that. I will NEVER abide a gun controller with my vote but I feel it’s my civic duty to turn in a ballot at every election. Thus I’ll have to vote third party.

• Albertus Magnus says:

Do people who always want to find fault with PDJT ever get tired of spreading the BS? Just curious, because I simply don’t get it.

16. Folks prepare,prepare..
    ALL this isn’t going to end well…
    Again Folks… I think this summer/Fall will go **HOT**
    I DO NOT want this to happen.
    But the winds are definably blowing that way..

17. Reminds Me of “Game of Thrones” …
    Trump,,, We ALWAYS pay Our Debts..
    “The Trump for President campaign sent a $4,000 check to UNC Wilmington Wednesday, more than a year and a half after it held a rally at Trask Coliseum for then-Republican nominee Donald Trump.
    The issue of the existing debt came to light after WECT started investigating whether presidential campaigns paid their bills from public rallies held in Wilmington during the 2016 presidential campaign.
    The rally at Trask Coliseum appears to be the only event where a candidate continued to owe money.**
    Paid.. #maga

18. Dixie says:

crossthread, after the winter we’ve had, I’m looking forward to HOT, but NOT that kind of hot.

19. Michael says:

I never thought Speaker Ryan would be my favorite person in DC but tonight he is if only for one issue, protecting the Second Amendment. What a weird month.

March can’t be worse than February was. Come on, spring.

20. rf121 says:

PT shines the red lazer on the floor and half of you go crazy. Too funny. Can’t wait for the next distraction.

21. Katherine McCoun says:

All of the activity reminds me of the picture of President Trump sitting at a table smiling while all were in motion around him