Report: Hope Hicks To Be Named White House Communications Director…

The Daily Caller is reporting that Hope Hicks will be named as Communications Director.  Most people familiar with the 2015 campaign origin will remember Hope Hicks as one of the very original members of the small campaign team.

(Via Daily Caller) Hope Hicks will be named the new White House communications director, The Daily Caller News Foundation has learned.

President Trump has offered the job to Hicks and she has accepted the position, according to a White House insider. Hicks has been close by Trump’s side since the early days of the campaign and is one of his most trusted staffers. She has been serving on the press team in more of a behind-the-scenes role as the director of strategic communications.

The communications director position has been open since President Trump fired Anthony Scaramucci in July, just ten days after the Mooch took over the position from former press secretary Sean Spicer. Trump ditched Scaramucci shortly after he decided to bring on Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly as his new chief of staff.  (link)

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Donald Trump Transition, media bias, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

298 Responses to Report: Hope Hicks To Be Named White House Communications Director…

1. ediegrey says:

Hope will be terrific.

• Lou says:

Bet you are a guy. Looks to me like she just wants to be overtly sexy.

• Lack is not all says:

Whats wrong with that? Its part of the whole package. Good for her. I am a woman by the way.

• eagledriver50 says:

Yeah!!!

• Ned says:

As a female, who was in countless situations being the ONLY female in the tech industry starting out as a programmer, pre-sales, consulting and management… the last thing you want to do is be a sex pot. You want to dress plain and nondescript. You want them to focus on what you are saying and not what you are wearing. I think Michele Bachman embodied that very well. You don’t get the respect when you dress that way. You are viewed as an object and a bimbo and there is truth to it…..Hopefully she will wise up of she has an issue…

• I couldn’t disagree with you more, Ned.

Hope Hicks is a classy, intelligent lady who happens to be dead gorgeous. She’s going to continue to be a star performer on the Trump team. She’s plenty smart and doesn’t need to “wise up”.

Tech lady here, MS Computer Science, software engineer, technical program manager, and world wide marketing director. Key roles as senior civilian with the US military (80’s and 90’s) and then at a very large software company in Redmond Wa. Always dressed attractively, quite often in contrast to plainly turned out tech females. Never had an issue with men not paying attention to my strategy, knowledge, direction, or recommendations.

I really enjoy seeing young women who look attractive and stylish, who act confident and competent (not angry and resentful). Go Hope!

• louche9 says:

Oh come on. If anything, she’s playing it down.

• I knew as soon as I saw Hope Hicks that the posts would very quickly become all about her looks.

Honestly, let the woman do her job.

I have a a lot of sympathy for her.

She probably just wants to get to work wherever she goes.

But where ever she goes her whole life it will always be about her looks.

Why don’t we just let her get on with the job.

• Ned says:

She is a very pretty woman. I don’t think people object to that. Michele Bachman was a stunner. Yet she handled herself professionally. It does matter!

• I am not sure what you mean Ned.

Are you saying that Hope Hicks did or did not handle herself in a professional manner.

I think she has so far myself.

And has done a very good job.

Let her do her job in this new position is what I was saying.

My comment was about the posts on her looks coming up so quickly.

I think the treepers here set the record straight on that one pretty good and very fast.

Good job treepers!

• Ned says:

I really need to see more of her – how she behaves, her communications, dresses and interacts with others. You can’t tell that just by a picture. Her age concerns me. I’d rather see Trump with more seasoned people. Rockies make me nervous.

Hope is under 30 which is fine, but I think letting her have this as an interim position is a good trial for her. Maybe she will be fantastic! Face it, Trump is under allot of pressure. Either side of the aisle would love to see him impeached. I voted for Trump and want him to be successful. It truly is a toxic swamp in D.C.

.I don’t want someone filling the position just because the person is a woman or a pretty woman. The LEFT will automatically HATE HER. Trump will never please the left. I also don’t believe in hiring for gender. Merit gets my attention. Let’s give her chance and I think that is what Trump is doing. Being an interim gives her cover if things aren’t working out.

A person I’d like to see more out there is Stephen Miller. He’s excellent. He’s sharp.
                he’s concise and get’s to the point. He could have also been a great Communications Director.

• Ned says:

Meant to say rookies make me nervous. She has some experience during his campaign but it is VERY toxic down there.. They chew you up and spit you out. .We’ll see how she works out…

• That was my thought too.

Give her a chance.

She has done a good job so far in the areas she has worked for Pres Trump.

Stephen Miller is indeed a very, very sharp guy.

I do love watching him work the press!

• Thank heavens she’s not overtly hideous like Senator Patty Murray.

• Sandra-VA says:

Troll.

• Emily Summer says:

Nothing wrong with being sexy….overtly or otherwise. I think you are confusing sexy with slutty. Get a life.

• Lou, do you think she is overtly sexy because she is pretty? Her clothing certainly isn’t screaming sex.

• Lulu says:

Shame on her for being a good-looking young woman. Only unattractive women should have jobs.

• Sayit2016 says:

How so ? In all of the pictures she is dressed normally for the occasion. She is a beautiful woman and whip smart—SMART is sexy– I do not see anything “overt”. As a woman I think it is a strange and unearned judgement on your part.

• dayallaxeded says:

I’ve never had a problem with keeping “eyes up” when in company of smart women. There’s nothing as interesting, attractive, and sexy as a face, esp. eyes that shine with intelligence and fire. Most other physical attributes are ephemeral, but the eyes really are the window to the soul. Other “secondary sexual features” are lovely, as well, if one is so endowed, but unless the eyes “have it,” the rest of the package is probably not worth opening. I may be speaking a little out of turn, because I am blessed with a wife who is definitely the whole package, with extra fire and light on top.

I recall being impressed throughout the campaign and early days of the PDJT admin with Ms. Hicks on the few occasions I saw/heard her and with how professional, feminine, and age appropriate Ms. Hicks always appeared. I don’t think she could have hung in this long, without also being very tough and smart, too.

May God watch over her and guide her to make the most of this new opportunity by advancing His Will!

• fleporeblog says:

Are you out to lunch or what???? Did you read the damn article???? Because if you did, you wouldn’t have made that stupid ass comment! Here is why you are ABSOLUTELY WRONG:

Trump reportedly loves that Hicks can read his moods and execute her job accordingly with professionalism. “Her most important role is her bond with the candidate,” his former campaign manager Paul Manafort told TheNYT. “She totally understands him.”

• Brenda copely says:

Working on the Trump campaign in Florida, Hope was a stable, smart and serious guiding force. So pleased the position was offered to her and so
        Pleased she accepted. I am a woman as well. She carries herself with dignity, modesty and grace. She is a beautiful woman.

• ediegrey says:

No, I am a woman. I trust President Trump and support his decisions. Besides, Hope seems like a very down to earth person who just happens to be pretty. I have no problem with that.

• OmegaManBlue says:

Discrimination against the attractive is real.

• Comparisons are odious

-Seneca

having quoted that, it’s good to have a metier with which to confirm that aged ex-cheerleader kellyanne cockroach really should dress appropriate to her age. And hopefully this also means it will be Hope and not the tongue tied arriviste conway fronting what’s left of the lugenpresse in interviews.

Conway’s position exists because she is a lackey of the Mercers, the sooner she is relieved of her duties the better.

• Publius Covfefe says:

You realize that KAC is only 50 yo, right? She is an attractive, trim woman who dresses well and has been an excellent spokesperson for POTUS. Should President Trump decide she has outlived her usefulness, she will be replaced. Until then I am a fan.

• Ned says:

The only time I got really annoyed with her was when Pence, Priebus and her (Conway) literally HID from all the talk shows when that stupid “locker room tape” was leaked. The only one that came out for Trump was Rudy Guilani. Geesh !

As a female, with 100% heterosexual brothers, I could have come out to minimize that stupid purposely leaked tape. I thought it was silly. I literally laughed at it. Trump is not the kind of guy, and especially when younger, that had to grab women. They threw themselves at him. When Trump was younger, he was considered attractive and well to do. What Trump said is true too – many females will do anything for a celebrity or someone who is wealthy – recall Anna Nicole Smith who was a stripper and married a super wealthy 89-year-old oil tycoon, J. Howard Marshall II. She was 26 years old. He died soon afterwards. DO tell me it was LOVE! LOL!! So yes way too many females will stoop very low for $$$…If I were a guy, I’d be laughing at them too! Gigolos and boy toys are not uncommon too. They’ll happily team up with an older woman for her money.

Had it been me on Trump’s team, I would have put the interviewer on the defensive and had some quotes on them. I’d have quotes by liberal women rating males or conservatives. Much of what they say is atrocious. So hiding at that particular time was low on their part. Trump is an incredibly NICE, DECENT GENEROUS man. We have friends whose son has worked for Trump for almost 25 years at his Bedminster Golf Club.

• indiana08 says:

Not to brag, but I know from personal experience.

• Michelle says:

I disagree. She is very low key and not looking for the spotlight.

• indiana08 says:

As a woman, I’m happy she has the job. At least she won’t ever make a fool of herself on the Stephen Colbert show.

• NickD says:

You’re joking right? Right?!

• Maquis says:

No. I run from that kind of chick, especially in the workplace. Miss Hicks looks pretty modest to me.

• Absolutely agree. She is loyal and smart and not bad to look at. And I am a woman.

2. louche9 says:

Remember that post-election Christmastime rally in, I think, Alabama, where various people were called up to the microphone to take a bow? Hope was summoned, and all she could get out was “Merry Christmas.” She seemed scared stiff.

That said, young people can grow a lot in a short period of time. She presumably knows what she’s up against. I agree that the hyenas, each one of whom will secretly or not so secretly believe they could do better than Hope, will do their best to ‘mean girl’ her, and she’d better be as steeled up as Sarah.

• Sandra-VA says:

She is not Press Secretary – that is Sarah Sanders. She is Director of Communications – which, as the name implies, means she will be directing the messaging… not delivering it. 🙂

• WSB says:

I heard Hope is Acting or Interim Director of Communications. That said, I wish her the best!

• Ned says:

She is Trump’s INTERIM Communications Director. Perhaps it is a trial for her. She will need people skills and will need to be able to put together a coherent message that the others stick with. The DEMS have that down pat. She will have to be assertive and to the point. She is young… under 30 but has an interesting background. She did some modeling as a teen for Ralph Lauren – she is very pretty! She has also been with the Trump organization since the beginning and friends with Ivanka… .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hope_Hicks (excerpts from lefty Wikipedia) ->
        Hicks began working for public relations firm Hiltzik Strategies in 2012, working for its client Ivanka Trump, Donald Trump’s daughter, on her fashion line, and then on other Trump ventures.[7]

In August 2014 she joined the Trump Organization full-time.[19] Hicks worked for Ivanka Trump inside Trump Tower, helping expand her fashion label (the Ivanka Trump Collection) and modeling for her online store.[20]

Five months later, Donald Trump earmarked Hicks, who was 26 years old at the time, for the role of press secretary in January 2015 when planning for his potential presidential run.[21][22] Donald Trump summoned her to his office and, as she tells it, “Mr. Trump looked at me and said, ‘I’m thinking about running for president, and you’re going to be my press secretary.'”[20] Until that time, she had never worked in politics, nor volunteered on a campaign.[17] After Trump’s first primary victories, Hicks was asked to choose between staying with the Trump Organization or working on the campaign full time. She initially decided to leave the campaign, but Trump convinced her to remain and she stayed on as press secretary.[7]

During the campaign, she played the role of gatekeeper to press members who wanted to speak with Trump, handling over 250 requests a day, and deciding which reporters would be allowed to speak with him.[8][17] Hicks also took dictation from Trump for his tweets, and then sent the text to another person in the Trump organization who actually sent out the tweets from Trump’s official account.[23][20] When in New York City, she would spend most of her day sitting in Trump’s office, handling inquiries from the press and taking dictation from him to tweet.[18] The demands of the campaign took a personal toll, as they caused a breakup between Hicks and her boyfriend of six years.[8]

On December 22, 2016, it was announced that Hicks would become part of the Trump Administration, in the newly created position of the White House Director of Strategic Communications. She is paid the highest White House salary; $179,700, equal to the salaries of two other top members, White House Chief Strategist Steve Bannon and former White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus.[24][25] In January 2017, Hicks was included on the Forbes 30 Under 30 list, having “served as a one-woman press team for Trump’s historic presidential campaign.”[6]

Hicks was criticized by some with regard to a statement she issued on May 29, 2017, regarding President Trump’s character and personality. The statement, ridiculed by Washington Post reporter Callum Borchers as approaching parody comparable to Saturday Night Live, read:

President Trump has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people …. He has built great relationships throughout his life and treats everyone with respect. He is brilliant with a great sense of humor … and an amazing ability to make people feel special and aspire to be more than even they thought possible.[26]

On August 16, 2017, she was made the interim White House Communications Director (the last Director having been Anthony Scaramucci). Politico labelled her the “Untouchable Hope Hicks,” as she was considered one of the few White House officials whose job was safe, and she was one of only two White House communications officials who Scaramucci had announced were definitely staying when he was first hired.[27]

Give her shot. I;d bet the interim position is a test to see if she can handle it.
        i didn’t care for Scaramucci who Jared and Ivanka liked and pushed but we’ll see how Hope works out. Trump really needs to pull together a CORE group.

• kriseton says:

An introvert. That is actually a good thing. Introverts tend to be overlooked in business, but can be incredible leaders because they are deep thinkers…read up on the advantages. My husband is an introvert and an incredibly wonderful manager of a large group of diverse workers. He has brought a lot of stability, organization and streamlining to his department over the years.

• FL_GUY says:

I was at that rally. President-Elect Trump was calling up people who had helped him win. My impression of Hope was that she was not expecting to be called to the microphone. Then there’s the fact that there were about 30,000+ people at the event (crowd size was down due to rainy weather). How many people have experience addressing a crowd that big? I’ve performed in front of large crowds and I’ve done media appearances. Stage fright goes with the territory; it gets easier the more you do it but it is always there to some extent, at least for me.

The fact that President Trump asked her to come out and take a bow so to speak in front of 30,000+ people demonstrates to me that she is good at what she does. The President has high standards and she would not have been offered the job if she wasn’t able to excel at it.

3. Sandra-VA says:

I think this is fantastic! Hope Hicks having been part of the Campaign for the entire time, a Trump Org employee for years… she KNOWS the President and his message. Who better to be Communications Director (note: I did not say Press Secretary which is the job of Sarah Sanders)?

It is a big role. I wish her great success!

4. YvonneMarie says:

Hope Hicks = Cory Lewandowski (sans Breitbart mess)

5. Bull Durham says:

It is not simply who is in the job.
    It is the job description.
    She will be running a Communications Shop as they call the group serving the President.
    What her duties and responsibilities are is undetermined.
    Certainly, her work prior was liaison to the President for PR, Publicity, thus Communications.
    Nothing much will change.
    She’s not a writer. She’s was an access manager.
    She’s not an issues person.
    She is an assistant by experience, not a leader.
    What this does is block any aspirations and ensures Trump doesn’t get a General Kelly appointee in the position.

The Oval Office still needs a dual engine machine for Communications.
    WH press secretary and that group is fine with Sarah in charge.
    Now, he needs a team of bulldogs to do the street fighting for him.
    Corey, Miller, Katrina, Tammy Bruce, Gorka, maybe even a few others. These folks will fight MSM battles and fight 24/7 for MAGA.

I’d put Corey in charge of the Street Fighters for MAGA.
    None of them need to be coached or managed. They know the issues and they slaughter the MSM and Dems. All proven excellent and will cover all issues that are incendiary.

• Bull Durham says:

I’d add Diamond and Silk now that YouTube has blocked their monetization.
      Bring them on board.

• phoebehb says:

Brilliant. You are a man after my own heart, BD.

• histbuff says:

Excellent recommendations. Diamond & Silk would also do very well with their own show. They are blunt and funny, informative and entertaining. A winning combination.

• Katrina is already part of Trump’s agenda from the outside.
          “Pierson told the publication she made a “personal decision to remain on the outside for now.”
          “I have plenty of time to serve,” she added.

Pierson instead decided to become a part of a nonprofit launched earlier this year by Trump’s political allies.

The group — America First Policies — includes a handful of prominent Trump campaign veterans. It looks to capitalize on the grassroots support that led Trump to the Oval Office and support his agenda from outside the White House.”

• WeThePeople2016 says:

Bull, I agree with you that Corey is a street fighter like Trump. However, I think he is very valuable going all over the media speaking out for Trump. He is very effective that way. Diamond and Silk were outstanding for Trump going all over the country campaigning for him. They also did a great job advocating for Trump since the election. I would bet that Trump has something in store for them.

Hope Hicks has been a proven loyal patriot to Trump. She is not outspoken, that is true.
      She is respected on the Staff, and that is important. Trump can also Trust her to have his back. He could not trust Scaramucci nor Spicer, IMHO.

• Ned says:

Trump definitely needs to put Corey in a position.
      He’s a good guy and a Trump loyalist. He will not be a leaker and put Trump first.

6. Marygrace Powers says:

Hope’s agenda will always be President Trump’s agenda.
    It’s a choice of trust, loyalty, competence/ NO SHENANIGANS.

7. George says:

General Kelly is implementing a strong and a most important completely loyal military force to fight this war to their choice to surrender. One week before the chaos the President and others engaged a Military strike with incredible success lead by General Trump being Trump on steroids. Assembled with each other, 2 man army. Kelley building his forces while fighting a war and winning. Incredible. Compete trust in General kelly as troops evaluated and he builds the force named WH chaos. I bet his evaluation of last Sunday morning shows might be worth watching now if they even choose to fight that battle. I love General kelly leadership.

8. fedback says:

If Obama had appointed a young, talented woman to one of the highest positions in the WH, the media and liberals would have praised him as a champion of women’s rights and a true progressive.
    Now that it’s Trump who makes the appointment, the left once again shows its ugly, hateful and hypocritical self.
    It’s getting boring and repetitive

9. MIKE says:

Sounds like she is a lot more serious than her predecessor was. Didn’t like that guy from the git-go, voiced my opinion here, and was chastised by some readers. And I didn’t buy that he was brought in as a specialist to oust leakers/deep staters.
    My president is well versed on ousting non and underperformers. But I never understood why he brought him in to begin with. Liberal wall street snake, he is.

• Emily Summer says:

I said he was a phony from the git go. Fast talking, loud mouth gangsta type. lol

• Ned says:

Jared and Ivanka wanted Mooche. Does that help?
      They want Trump to be more mainstream global establishment.
      This is what his voting base doesn’t want. So Trump is being pulled indifferent directions.

10. Bendix says:

Why is Brook Shields hanging around with all these political types?

11. Artist says:

I’m happy with Hope, please bring Corey Lewandowski now, too!!!!!

12. fleporeblog says:

This one paragraph tells me all I need to know on why Hope will do a fantastic job!

From the article linked above:

13. georgiafl says:

Multiple news outlets say Hope Hicks has been named Interim White House Communications Director.

14. Peter says:

FRom daily post, maybe she will see it

MadeMan on August 16, 2017 at 2:11 pm
    Not to be a negative Nancy, but I am convinced Trump’s communications strategy could majorly benefit with a harder hitting social media strategy.

Everyday Trump should be in attack mode. The MSM and uniparty have convinced Trump that he must always be on the defense. Not true.

Trump never talks about the Awan Brothers and DWS. This should be and is the biggest story in American politics. He retweeted an article regarding this case just once. Can you believe it, just once. It would be great to have this on FB and Twitter EVERYDAY.

He has mentioned nothing about Lynch’s Elizabeth Carlisle email address. Nothing about Trumpers being beaten every week. Nothing about the Leftist in Pennsylvania killing his Republican neighbor because he was Pro Trump. Nothing about California colleges segregating dorms for blacks, black only student orientations, and abolishing whiteness courses. Nothing about the fudging of climate change numbers to fit a corrupt left-wing agenda. Nothing about no longer arming so called Moderate rebels in Syria. Nothing about how the IRS just rehired a couple hundred of fired druggies and felons. Nothing about evidence mounting that the DNC wasn’t hacked but leaked from an insider. I can go on and on and on but I’m sick of typing on my phone. Nothing. So frustrating.

There is so much crap everyday. To me, I see so many missed opportunities. Attack Mode Attack Mode Attack Mode. Create the narrative and inform low information voters
    Sorry for the rant

15. Paco Loco says:

The left and their MSM mouth pieces are seizing the high ground with the recurring meme that Trump is a racist, nativist and moronic. They are pounding this BS 24/7 to destroy Trump and the deplorables and to rally what’s left of the Democrat base. The Whitehouse needs to attack back and have a strong recurring message that Trump is the Commander in Chief and the patriotic leader of the nation. Tweets are fine but the messaging has to be clear, hard hitting and constant. I hope that Hope is up to the task.

• Angry Dumbo says:

msm is dead. tweets are more than adequate. Nobody, on either side, trusts the mainstream press. PDJT’s tweets are direct, effective, and authoritative. That said, I agree the WH can be more disciplined in its messaging. At the end of the day, the left/msm have permanently labeled us deplorable, who thinks or cares what they think?

• Ned says:

You have to understand the LEFT.
      Racism is only GOOD if it is by the LEFT.
      The RIGHT is never allowed to disagree with the LEFTIST RACISTS.
      Leftist racism is “acceptable” and they are given “safe spaces” to destroy things. Remember the Baltimore Mayor ALLOWING them to destroy property etc. because BLM folks were angry. If people object to that, you are a WHITE SUPREMACIST or a RACIST.
      You must always agree with the left. The left is trying to normalize left wing extremism. They had eight years of getting away with under Obama. He supported it. I happen to see racism from either side as wrong, so they’d see me as a WHITE SUPREMACIST.

16. woohoowee says:

Congratulations, Hope 🙂 Hope will do a stellar job!

17. Chuck Finley says:

Good for Hope, I think she will do well. Need to get more of the original loyalist group in upper positions in the WH, like Lewandowski.

18. Good timing Hope!

/s

19. Rockntractor says:

Yummy!

20. indiana08 says:

I had a feeling that she would wound up with the job. She’s been very loyal to Pres. Trump. I just recently found out (reddit or CTH) that she was a child model for Ralph Lauren. She was also on the cover of a few children’s books as well.

21. Winston Lee says:

I saw this after I saw the headlines today and was depressed. I am glad Hope is Communications Director. Then I went back to being depressed thinking of the headlines. Then it occurred to me: WE ARE WINNING! It looks like we are losing but we are winning. The mainstream won’t know this for years and I almost missed it.

22. Tony Stark says:

Will she be the first female White House Communications Director? Not that the radical feminists in bed with the Antifa and Linda Sarsour care one bit.