**UPDATES** “Sessions Seat” – Alabama Special Election Discussion Thread…

UPDATE:  10:05pm With 68% of precincts reporting it looks like ♦Roy Moore (40.6%) and ♦Luther Strange (32%) will be headed into a runoff.

The Alabama Polls closed at 8:00pm Eastern.  The top three republican candidates are Luther Strange, Mo Brooks and Roy Moore.  If no candidate can get over 50% there will be a runoff.

[left to right] Mo Brooks (19.7%) – ♦Judge Roy Moore (40.2%) – ♦Luther Strange (32%)

♦Roy Moore and Luther Strange head to a runoff.

Luther Strange is the GOPe preferred candidate heavily supported by Mitch McConnell and Karl Rove using multi-millions and heavy-handed threats. Mr. Mo Brooks was a controversial former Cruz supporter, supported by the House Freedom Caucus, who railed against Trump and then switched to Pro-Trump during this race. Mo Brooks also has the support of most “conservative” punditry and talk hosts.  Roy Moore is the third candidate who also holds a great deal of support from Trump voters and has been coming on strong.

With 70% of precincts counted.  Roy Moore and Luther Strange head to runoff:

With 53% of the race counted, Roy Moore is leading:

NYT Election Results HERE – Decision Desk Election Results HERE

Alabama Secretary of Elections Results HERE

This entry was posted in Election 2017, President Trump, Special Elections. Bookmark the permalink.

283 Responses to **UPDATES** “Sessions Seat” – Alabama Special Election Discussion Thread…

1. Pam says:

• Ned says:

I’m still rooting for Moore! I’d love to see him avoid a run off.
      He will be in the runoff and I believe will beat Strange.

Glad to see Never Trumper, Brooks faltering. He is a Trump coat tails wanna be for the seat then, he’ll middle finger Trump. He’s just like Cruz.

BTW, the entire Senate voted Pro Forma and that included DisTrusTed. How come Levin never mentions that in his Trump bashing? Oh, it;s because he is still a closet Never Trumper. What a trio that was, Glenn Beck, Levin and Cruz – the Three Stooges.

• Sue in MT says:

Ahhhhh……the memories. 🙂

• Ditch Mitch says:

That may be why PDJT endorsed Strange. To keep Brooks from making the runoff. And to try to influence Mitch. He knows no one is going to beat Moore.

• Exactly right. Trump plays chess while others play checkers. Moore will be the next Senator.

• bolshevict says:

Trump really owed it to Strange, who supported him with votes and was the incumbent. Trump will be happy with either winner, now.

Great lesson for NeverTrumpers. Two lessons, actually. Are you listening, Brooks?
          We remember and you will pay.

• yy4u says:

PDJT endorsed Strange because Strange already is in the Republican “club” by virtue of his being in the Senate. PDJT knows Strange will no more support him than will McConnell, Rubio or any of the other Democrats. I REFUSE to call them a RINO because I AM A RINO. I joined the VA GOP to keep VA from pulling a fast one on Trump as they did on Gingrich in 2012 but I am a Republican in name only and as soon is Trump is out of office whether impeachment, resignation or serving out how many terms he’s elected to, I will return to being an Independent. WITH ONE CAVEAT. I WILL NOT VOTE for ANY REPUBLICAN ESTABLISHMENTARIAN.

I think the GOP’s days are limited unless they have a sudden enlightenment and get behind the president THE BASE ELECTED. We didn’t have any help from the media, from the RNC, from the politicians in office. WE DID IT ON OUR OWN!

My predictions?

The Republicans will continue to behave as Democrat handmaidens.
          And if they do, then the next election after Donald Trump is out of office, whenever that is, now, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021,2022, 2023, or 2024 (term limited out), the “deplorables” the Progressives (formerly the Democrat Party) and the Democrats (formerly the Republican Party) despise, will exact our revenge and vote the PARTY out of existence.

• Sayit2016 says:

This is exactly what I said on Breitbart a while ago and got slammed ; ) I said– Trump endorses Strange to have the appearance of support with McConnell knowing full well Moore will win…

• 6x47 says:

Mitch McConnell didn’t spend a ton of money on negative advertising against Mo Brooks because he’s a Never Trumper. But Roy Moore seems like a good man, hopeful he wins and will be solid as Jeff Sessions was.

• be says:

Yes I called my Texas Senators and told them we expect them to support our President Trump. Brady too our House guy.

• MMinLamesa says:

Can not stand that worm Cruz-Lord I hope he gets decent primary challenger here.

2. Nigella says:

Hard to think Moore has a chance

3. Pam says:

4. Sue in MT says:

THANK YOU for your regular live election results. This tree is a regular one stop shopping place for all things political!

5. gzuf says:

Why do you think POTUS Trump endorsed Strange so fully, considering he is backed by McConnell/Rove’n’Co? Curious about the details to this.

• Strange is a big energy guy. Big energy supports Trump. Trump supports big energy candidate…easy. Moore is Ted Cruz on steroids. I voted Strange but wanted Pittman… he didn’t stand a chance so I voted Big Energy.

• margarite1 says:

I’m so confused…out here in Oregon.

So Strange agrees with Trump which would explain why Trump endorsed him…so why would so many people want Moore? Ted Cruz on steroids….well I ended up not trusting Ted Cruz because he obviously was lying.

Will Strange be a McConnell lapdog?

• BigMamaTEA says:

You don’t like the Judge , WrightorWrong?

• TheLastDemocrat says:

That’s a confusing one for me, as well.

Roy Moore has had legend status in AL for over two decades. I think of Cruz’ downfalls as being: career politician with slick tongue, being in his own strain of Christianity, and being for TPP before he was against TPP while being for TPP. Cruz on steroids would have to fit that description. Wife tied to big banks, the booger-debate fiasco, and being a Canadian were just side-issues.

I don’t see any of that significant stuff from Roy Moore.

I don’t get the Trump endorsement. but it doesn’t matter either way. Moore is gonna RTR this election.

• sallyal says:

RTR. Like it!

• BigMamaTEA says:

I didn’t get the POTUS endorsement either….unless there’s future agreement with TurtleHead on something……..

• Delilah says:

It’s actually pretty simple if you think about it.

Strange is the devil. Trump’s saying he can make a deal with the devil in order to get his agenda passed. I know, right? He’s our devil, but we still hate him.

Mo Brooks based his hatred of Trump on his religious beliefs, so in order for Brooks to now like Trump, Brooks had to sell out his own religious convictions. If he’d sell out that which is near and dear to him, he’d sell us out too. I mean, if he had won, none of us would be upset about it, but we’d just be crossing our fingers, hoping the other shoe never dropped. Just not a comfortable place to be.

Moore is an ideologue. Nobody can control an ideologue. If you’re wanting to make deals, this is,perhaps, the worst kind of person to show up on the other end of the table. He will buck Trump, but at least he’ll do it out of true convictions in his heart. IOW, we have to choose between making deals and our own convictions.

Either way, it’s not a pretty place to be. If Moore had promised Trump to pass Trump’s agenda, it would have been a no-brainer. Then Moore would be the perfect candidate.

Oh, well, we may not get our agenda passed, but we have gotten rid of the swamp creature, which is a huge improvement.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Delilah, it’s going to be interesting to watch.

Trump talks “deals” but actually when you look at what he wants, he is BEHAVING in more of a Constitutional manner than we’ve had in 50 yrs. Trump doesn’t run around with every other word out of his mouth being “Constitution”; but Rule of Law is YUGE for him.

Last night, I was looking through some of Judge Moore’s decisions. I think he and Trump will get along, finding “common ground” for Rule of Law and the Constitution (which is actually the supreme law of this country.

Also, this is two separate branches of government. It’s time for them to start acting such. Otherwise, what’s the point of a Congress?

I’m more thinking about Judge Moore fitting into the Senate mix!!!!!!

• sallyal says:

No resemblance to Cruz whatsoever. But he stand up for what is right. Not which ever way the wind blows. And could never be as sanctimonious as Cruz.

• Steven says:

Moore is not Cruz on steroids but Senator Cotton II, a solo senator who often voted against the group thinking senators.

• RedBallExpress says:

“They copied all they could follow but they couldn’t copy my mind, so I left them sweating and stealing a year and a half behind.” -Kipling

• fleporeblog says:

Strange voted 95% on all items our President backed. Really no reason not to support Strange. However, don’t construe him supporting Strange to the fact he will endorse Flake or Heller next August. That will never happen and they both know it and can’t do anything to stop the embarrassment of being primared.

• railer says:

Trump can’t declare war on every US senator, he has to play ball at least a little bit. Strange voted to repeal ObamaCare, and it’d be bad form for Trump to outright abandon the guy following that vote (and Trump may very well have cut a deal with Alabama pols and Swamp creatures to get Strange into that slot, Sessions may even have made his acceptance of AG contingent on Strange, who knows?) .

Yes, Strange is McConnell’s boy, we know that, but sometimes high-level politics means you make ugly-appearing decisions. I’d guess Trump’s endorsement in the runoff will be even more low-key than the one he just gave Strange. What’s more, Trump’s loyalty to Strange gives him license and cover to attack other senators he dislikes. Strange/Moore may not affect MAGA in any significant way, but liquidating any of McConnell, Flake, Murkowski, Collins, Heller or Graham likely would. I’d rather Trump keeps his powder dry, and use it on one of those other Swamprats.

• Paul Killinger says:

A Strange loss would be a BIG HIT on Mitch and the Chamber. That’s reason enough to oust him for me.

And Big Energy will do fine so long as Trump is in office regardless of which Repub wins Alabama.

• Ditch Mitch says:

PDJT supported Strange to take out Brooks. And to try to get on Mitch’s good side. PDJT knows Strange doesn’t have a chance. He wants Moore.

• Bamalaker says:

Because he knows that with Mo out of the picture, Roy Moore has the best chance of beating Luther head to head.

6. Sue in MT says:

Results in Moore vs. Strange for the Rep race. I hope POTUS gets this right in the general. Local hero vs. abnormally tall Swamp Creature. Roy Moore is the better man Mr. President!

7. Pam says:

8. I PRAY JUDGE ROY MOORE GETS THE 50% OR MORE HE NEEDS.
    HE IS THE BEST CHOICE PERIOD.

9. spacette55 says:

Judging by the number of candidates, they were using the splitter strategy,

About Mitch McConnell’s endorsement. In the early days of the Tea Party, the Washington State favorite was pro-football champion Clint Didier running against democrat Patty Murray for Senate. Didier was endorsed by Ron Paul and Sarah Palin. McConnell chose to endorse Dino Rossi instead, a former state senator who had lost his bid for governor. McConnell sent one of his personal aides to be Rossi’s campaign manager. Rossi was told to avoid all Tea Party events; but to participate as a model in charity fashion shows. Naturally, Patty Murray, the dumbest dumbell in congress won again. It was apparent to everyone that McConnell deliberately threw the election to his democrat colleague Patty Murray.

• sallyal says:

Washington State is so stoopid. I grew up there and survived the Dixie Lee Ray years. They haven’t learned anything since then.

• Maquis says:

I’m stuck East-Side and can’t wait to get further East! Need me some mountains and away ftom the embarrassment that is Washington Politics.

Where’s a good Subduction-Zone Event when you need one? Or a nice two-hundred foot deep Lahar? Mother Nature gets a say in elections too, afterall.

• Orygun says:

At least you have some pockets of sanity on the East side. I am stuck West side and I feel like I am in prison most of the time. Check that, make it a sanatorium.
          The marxists took over the Democrat party while I was trying to raise a family.

• Maquis says:

Most of my childhood spent in Oregon. Couldn’t recognize the place after years overseas. A decrepit Marxist Hellhole.

Miss the rain though.

• piper567 says:

Orygun,
            here I thought you were in O.
            your last sentence is the reason we are all in the fix we are in.
            “we” have not been driven by ideology. We have not been subversive. We have not infiltrated edu, churches, politics, community leadership.
            We have been working and raising our families.
            Trump is appealing to “we”…what he calls The Forgotten Man.
            We are being given a golden opportunity to reclaim a Country where we can work and raise our families free of the controlling forces which would undermine us and erase the History which we all value.
            Let’s maybe now, now we are “woke”, each do what we can to advance Trump’s vision, a vision we share.
            (I too am in WWA, so I understand your feeling of imprisonment. I worked at the large psychiatric hospital over here, and in 25 yrs, I located 5 people of like political view. But we are here…keep looking, ha!)

• In Spokane here. Was backung Diditer in several races. He’s goid, hinest, hard-working. Course that’s a nonstarter in WA politics.

• auntiefran413 says:

I lived in Washington then and was going nuts! All this back room garbage to get the Grandma in Sneakers elected!

• Budman says:

When I lived in Wa there was a woman named Linda Smith who was a giant for conservative causes. She just dried up and blew away. Got tired of all the BS there. Me too, Im gone from there! GO MOORE!

• piper567 says:

Linda Smith voluntarily removed herself from the cesspool of WA politics.
          She is now fighting a different evil: human trafficking.
          She’s very active.
          Remains a giant.

10. Pam says:

11. SR says:

CNN breaking news- PTrump lost AL primary election. Rats has a chance to win in general election in AL.

12. C. Lowell says:

If RINO McConnell is for ’em, then I’m agin’ ’em!

13. llyod says:

Sundance,

Is there a way for the general public to somehow count if the official vote counts are fraudulent?

I am thinking that ryan, mccain, graham and a few others are 100% set up to win and I am wondering if there is a website or another way to track those who signed up’s vote? Maybe count how many people leave polling places.

I think this needs to happen without intimidation or trying to challenge votes…just see if the numbers make sense…they rig the polls….why not the votes?

what are everyone’s thoughts? Do you feel the vote is rigged?

Thanks

14. Uncle Max says:

I’m for whoever is running against McConnell and his folks. If McConnell doesn’t want Moore, I want Moore.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Do you all remember who Moore is?

• kiskiminetas says:

He was the judge who refused to remove a monument that had the Ten Commandments on it. Also believe he was suspended over the same sex marriage issue in Alabama.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Yep. He was Chief Justice Al Supreme Court, and had that monument installed himself. Got suspended over that. Then later, got reelected to that same position again, until …..

Yes last year he was suspended was suspended for upholding the sanctity of marriage as between one man and one woman.

• deqwik2 says:

He was removed twice for defying a Federal Court ruling.
            Judge Moore has interpreted words in the preamble to mean that the word of God took precedence over the law so in both cases he thinks he has the right not to follow Federal Court orders because it goes against God’s law.

One of Trump’s picks for SC, William Pryor, was the Alabama AG that prosecuted Judge Moore in 2003.

Mr Pryor said it is our moral duty to follow the law of the land and we can’t suspend the law because we feel it is unfair.

The same sex marriage order that Moore gave was after the SC & Federal Court had already ruled. He ordered the probate judges to go against the federal ruling. It caused some of the probate offices to shut completely down & not issue marriage license to anybody. Once again it was found that Moore had defied the law to take a moral stand.

• Summer says:

Judicial activism is unacceptable regardless of on which side it occurs. Prior was absolutely right. He would be a fine Justice if Trump nominates him one day.

That said, I am happy that NeverTrumper Shmoe was rejected. Ann Coulter called Trump’s endorsement “idiotic” (don’t recall her ever calling her beloved Romney’s statements idiotic) and said that Trump should forgive Brooks like he has forgiven Perry and others in his cabinet and endorse him instead. She forgot that “Perry and others” are basically Trump’s employees and can be dismissed if they don’t perform, unlike Senators. Trump does not need another potential backstabber in the Senate. He needs loyalists.

• Paul Killinger says:

But no Fed Judge can suspend him from the US Senate, can they?

15. I like that Trump has supported Strange. It’s a win win for him.

I think Trump knows his voters. They don’t vote for someone because Trump tells them to, and he knows it. They vote for the candidate they want. They are educated adults, not sheep.

So, if Strange wins, the media can only say that it is Trump’s preferred candidate. If Moore wins, then it is the most strongest supporter of Trump there could be.

The media will have to suck it up.

I hope that Moore wins in September.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Moore is a bona-fie PROVEN Constitutional adherent. (Ted just talked a good game)

This is Alabama Supreme Court Justice Roy Moore, who put a 10 Commandments monument inside the Judiciary building, something like 15 years ago or so.

• mopar2016 says:

Good call BigMamaTEA.

Moore was Chief Justice on the Alabama supreme court, and was removed twice.
        He refused to allow any counties in his state to issue marriage licenses to same sex couples after the supreme court decided to make law.

• Optimus Maximus says:

Moore was following the constitution.

Maybe you don’t agree, but NOWHERE in the constitution does it mention Marriage rights. The constitution DOES clearly state that any rights not explicitly granted in the constitution to the Fed Gove are retained by the States and the PEOPLE.

Moore had the fortitude to resist the re-writing of the constitution by the Fed Courts, which is unconstitutional. We have devolved from a constitutional republic to a judicial oligarchy, precisely because people like you refuse to recognize the constraints placed on the Fed Gov, especially the judiciary, by the constitution. We need more Judges like Moore that clearly recognize those constraints. You want to change the constitution, there is an established process, it’s called AMENDING it. The Fed Judiciary will never go down that road because everywhere it’s been voted on, marriage between same sex couples has been soundly defeated in general elections. Your attitude is precisely the reason our freedoms are being usurped by the progressives.

God Bless Roy Moore, and hopefully he will prevail in the run-off election, because Strange is a McConnell stooge..

• Maquis says:

Can’t argue that.

Seems our choices are generally the degree and nature of Non-Constitutionalism that we will tolerate, or favor.

• yakmaster2 says:

He would make a good next Supreme Court nominee. Of course, if he makes it into the Senate he could still be on Trump’s short list. But then, someone would have to fill his Senate seat, so maybe not.

• Moore is a grand stander that doesn’t accomplish anything. I live in Alabama and have had enough of this guy. He will not be a team player for Trump.

• Actually, the parallel between cruise and more is very apt. Cruise was a fantastic attorney, but he’s not so good as a legislator.. Moore is a fantastic judge in the opinion of many, but it remains to be seen how good of a legislator he is

Legislating and adjudicating are two very different skill sets. I think Ted Cruz would be great as a federal judge somewhere.

16. low turnout at my polling place in ne al. (esp. compared to last nov.); i got there just after 3:30, out in under 10 mins. but one of the volunteers said it was an ebb and flow situation; i was #389. i was hoping moore would have a clear win, but i can live with the run-off.

17. Founding Fathers Fan says:

There was only between 10% and 14% voter turnout. Between 86% and 90% of voters stayed home and did nothing. That’s no way to keep Our Republic. Shame on all you no-shows for abandoning Our Republic.

18. Pam says:

19. Niagara Frontier says:

Just because the President endorsed Strange for the first round, there’s no reason he can’t stay on the sidelines in the run off out is there? In this one I think that might be the best play for him.

20. Publius2016 says:

As long as Moore supports an America First agenda, it won’t matter to President Trump whether it’s Strange or Moore in the Senate. Now, it may affect McConnel and Sessions for other reasons.

• psadie says:

With Luther being supported by Mitch I feel that he would “pressure” Luther to do as he was told and he would comply because he backed him. People like this is what angers Americans…time to clean house.

21. Howie says:

FOX can’t bring itself to mention Moore won the 3 way. Pathetic.

• sundance says:

• mikebrezzze says:

Start looking at ted Cruz again, this is his M O ?

• fleporeblog says:

SD some big differences from then to today.
        Trump is our President.
        McConnell is hated and has been abused by our President.
        Repeal and Replace left a terrible taste in peoples mouths
        19% voted for Brooks who drove the same Sledgehammer about anti establishment and anti McConnell.
        Moore has 40% of the vote and only needs to peal off 11% of Brooks votes and he wins.

• dm says:

I have a question,if anyone here might know…How well known was McDaniel in Mississippi before the election?Roy Moore is very popular here among voters and has been well known for years.I realize that corrupt things go on,but Im not sure the two can be compared.

I think this may be the difference…

• TheLastDemocrat says:

I think AL has boosted voting procedures.

When Obama won the first time around, there were some funny turn-out results in some of the very low income counties with significant AA populations, such as Greene and Conecuh. But I recall reading somewhere that AL has improved voting processes in recent years.

• nonniemae says:

Chris was and still is a state senator. Cochran was elected by straight up democrats who voted in the run off. Open primary. It was sickening. I despise Mitch McConnell and Haley Barbour.

• Deb says:

Yes, the Republican establishment played the race card against McDaniels and used the smear campaign to get Dems to vote for Cochran. When people talk about the party betrayal in 2014, that’s what they are talking about.

• benifranlkin says:

Can the Turtle mobilize (buy) Black Democrat votes to vote for Strange in the runoff like he did for Cochran over McDaniel in Mississippi? Moore is so well known and apparently revered in Alabama (not sure what the Blacks think of him tho) it may not work.
        I read turnout was low…maybe hard to judge what a larger crowd of voters in the runoff will do.

• nonniemae says:

Maybe this is the reason Pres. Trump endorsed Strange. The democrats are between a rock and a hard place with either candidate. Unlike the king of the Rinos, Cochran, there isn’t a Democrat running as a Republican in the Alabama run off.

Maybe Pres Trump really does play 7D chess. He has blocked the Rino move by endorsing their candidate.

• “Next week’s U.S. Senate primary will be the first Alabama election where cross-over voting – the practice of casting a ballot in one party’s primary and then another party’s runoff – won’t be allowed.

The change comes after the Alabama Legislature passed a bill prohibiting the practice. The crowded Aug. 15 Senate primary – there are 10 Republicans on the ballot and eight Democrats – all but assures a Sept. 26 runoff. The state requires a runoff unless a candidate tops 50 percent of the vote in the primary.

Under the new law, if you vote in the Democratic primary, you won’t be allowed to vote in the Republican runoff, a practice that was permitted in the past. Alabama Democrats already had a party rule prohibiting the practice; Alabama’s Republican party had no such rule.

“It helps the Democrats choose Democratic candidates, it helps the Republicans choose Republican candidates. It just prevents the cross-over voting so you get a pure general election with a Democrat and a Republican,” Sen. Tom Whatley, R-Auburn, the sponsor of the bill, said at its passage.

Independent voters will have to pick a party during the primary and stick with that choice for the runoff. Those who don’t vote in the primary can vote in either party’s runoff.

Whatever choice you make, you’re not bound to that in the general election or future races, when you’re free to vote for whomever you choose.”

• Your Tour Guide says:

Moore stands a good chance of getting cross over black voters.
          Was listening to my co workers this past week, predictably all
          following the MSM party line after Charlottesville. I’m generally
          the only white guy in the room.

I started a throw down, because parroting annoys me. The
          talk progressed into Obama. They knew that I basically don’t
          like anything Obama has ever done. I begrudginly offered
          a concession about the home refinancing deal, because one
          of my coworkers managed to hold onto his house over it.

Getting back to Moore. All of my coworkers told me that there
          was one thing that Obama did that they really disliked. Gay
          marriage. Moore will attract a lot of black support for being
          against that. He will also get tons of black support for
          supporting the ten commandments. The black population
          attends church like nobody’s business.

• Maquis says:

Appreciate your anecdotal yet strong confirmation of my suspicions, that Blacks will support the candiidate least likely to support or foist the Homosexual agenda on them.

Kudos to you for having the courage to initiate a “throw-down” in such an environment!

MAGA

• auntiefran413 says:

We have to get Blunt out of that picture! I know our first job in MO is to get rid of Obama-loving McCaskill, but Blunt is just as bad. He just hides it better.

• deqwik2 says:

If Moore loses it won’t be like Mississippi.

You do know he will be a no vote on health care unless it’s a full repeal & he doesn’t want to replace it.

He sees no reason for tax reform because the IRS is inept.

He doesn’t want to increase the deficit by doing infrastructure. Says there are other ways to pay for it by shifting resources & ending some programs that don’t work.

Was a Cruz supporter because Cruz was the only moral candidate in the race.

22. Pam says:

23. Payday says:

Hope McConnell blows another 10 million on the run off. Clean out his coffers whereas there’s none left for his own in 2020

• Delilah says:

That’s one of the main theories behind the $1 campaign. If we force McConnell to defend everything, he’ll lose everything. Spread them thinner….
      —————————–
      Send George Washington back to DC to help Trump drain the swamp….

There are 60+ million Trump voters.

In order to fund every single primary challenger, all we need to do is send them $1, and they’d have more than enough money than they’d need to fund a run for office.

And nobody ever misses a dollar. The only thing you’re out is five minutes of your life to mail the letter…..

Imagine the message that would send to DC if they got inundated with George Washingtons, the guy that fought the tyranny of the elitist, King George

24. Pam says:

25. psadie says:

Americans will make up their own minds voting for those who will “push” PTrump’s populist message. IF they see that politicians lied about what they would do for the people then they are gone. I believe that 2018 is going to be a ‘TOTAL BLOODBATH” for ALL Dems and RINOs. Americans have had ENOUGH of the lying, cheating, stealing, fraud, and all around corruption. Then you add the violence, rioting, hate-mongering, police attacks instigated by the Left.
    It is going to be very bad for the typical politician and GREAT for MAGA.

26. kinthenorthwest says:

Hopefully Brooks people throw support behind Moore
    Is it just me or does Strange look like his name, along with looking like a RINO.

27. Mike diamond says:

Moore is our man ! Right on!

28. Pam says:

29. Pam says:

30. sunnydaze says:

Anybody know anything about these Utah candidates who also primaries tonite?

• chojun says:

Yes. John Curtis is the GOPe candidate. He has flipped back and forth between Democrat and Republican. He has implemented tax increases and spending increases whilst mayor of Provo. This is actually a pretty big loss for conservatives that isn’t being covered tonight.

With that said I don’t expect him to break much from Chaffetz’ record.

The GOPe is very firmly entrenched in Utah and the voting public is very much asleep here.

31. Maquis says:

Listened to Brooks pass by a dozen opportunities to praise and support President Trump on the radio the other day, only whined that PDJT didn’t endorse a vile opportunistic “former” Never-Trumper.

“Spit”

• WeThePeople2016 says:

Brooks has been vile against Trump many times. I am so glad he lost. I also wonder I’d that was part of Trump’s strategy to endorse Strange to keep Brooks out of the Senate. Before he endorsed, Strange and Brooks were basically tied. Trump gave Strange the bump that he needed.

• WeThePeople2016 says:

wonder if that was part of Trump’s strategy …

• Maquis says:

That’s what I suspect.

Brooks would be a loss, period.

Between Strange and Moore it’s a tough call, many powerful arguments made here in this thread.

I’m sure I’d like Moore better, and trust him more, but we just don’t know what conversations PDJT has had with either candidate. MAGA comes before Social Resets. Trump’s agenda before that of a fledgling Senator.

Chances are good that McConnell, the Bad Sheppard, the Big Turd blocking the flushing of Obama’s Abominations, is Trump’s key to legislative success. Naturally, his absense is the best outcome; fully cowed with his arm twisted and cold steel againgst his temple, figuratively speaking, is next best.

In any case, now we celebrate the trouncing of Brooks in his Senate bid!

So, what Patriot is running against him for his House seat???

32. This is the result Trump expected and wanted. Brooks was a splitter off Moore, and is a covert NeverTrumper. Not everyone realizes that though, and it would be a closer run-off for Moore if Brooks came in #2. Trump knows the GOP rank-and-file are fed up with McTurtle. Moore would destroy Strange in the run-off no matter who else endorsed him. So he endorsed Strange to make nice to McTurtle and bury Brooks, who was Anti-Trump during the presidential campaign.

When Moore wins anyway, and bigly, that would drive the message home to McTurtle, if he is able to hear it, that the voters have had enough. ’18 will be a scorched earth campaign, a total war against RINOs. My dog could run for a RINO seat in the primary and win. Even Trump himself won’ t save them. That’s the message.

• Kaco says:

Someone upthread said Brooks voters would flip for Moore in the run-off? If Brooks was so anti-Trump, what appealed him to those who voted for him tonight?

Which candidate in the run-off has a better chance of defeating the Dem?

• deqwik2 says:

The Democrat really doesn’t stand a chance against Moore or Strange.

• Some people let their emotions get the better of them. Mo Brooks, during the presidential primary when he was supporting Ted Cruz, had some harsh criticism of candidate Trump. And some people take every criticism of Trump as a personal affront and an unforgivable sin. Furthermore they hate Ted Cruz (largely for the same reason) and therefore hate the people who supported him as well.

So, the fact that Mo Brooks is a proven legislator and staunch supporter of President Trump’s legislative agenda counts for nothing: He Once Criticized Trump And Likes Lyin’ Ted.

So, we get Roy Moore, a social conservative whose legislative tendencies are unclear. We HOPE he will be solidly pro-Trump: We shall see.

Keep in mind: McConnell and Strange have yet to train their guns against Judge Moore, they used all their firepower against Brooks (which tells you who McConnell really sees as a threat and who he doesn’t want in the Senate: Shades of the 2016 Cochran/McDaniel primary in Mississippi).

• They trained their firepower on Brooks because Brooks was in a dead heat with Strange in the polls. If you’re not in the top 2 you cannot run for the Senate seat in the final round.

As for Brooks himself, I do not know whether he had honest disagreements with Trump or whether he really is a NeverTrump Swamp rat. But I assume the latter because, #1 Trump did not endorse him and #2, as Americans, we can no longer afford to be wrong about a candidate running for Congress.

• cdquarles says:

Who says that they didn’t? I don’t recall any positive ads before this election and I’ve heard the same sliming ads afterwards. Go Judge Moore! He’s a fighter. And yes, an unconstitutional law or judicial ruling has null meaning and void of any requirement of deference to it. To make it right, the unconstitutional laws must be repealed and the unconstitutional judicial ruling be vacated. Oh, any citizen harmed by these should be allowed to get Takings Clause compensation, if they choose to pursue it.

33. Ivehadit says:

People, people, people! You CANNOT go against your president for this election!! He tweeted THREE TIMES FOR Luther strange. That is not an accident.Solidarity MUST be shown.
    With all due respect, there are many Brooks voters who DO NOT like Moore. I know that for a fact.
    I am not a supporter of any of the candidates- none were true Trump supporters. If you love and appreciate our president then you MUST vote for who he wants and NEEDS.

34. mopar2016 says:

Old Yeller, (Mark Levin) isn’t going to be happy about this.
    Tooooooooooo Funny!

35. free73735 says:

Confusion at the moment….why was Trump promoting McConnell’s candidate? “Enough said” from me tonight. Am going to bed early. Sleep well!

36. I have identified one other Alabama voter commenting on this election and their vote. We both do not like Moore and didn’t vote for him and won’t support him against Strange. Maybe ask us? Moore will be a huge obstructionist. You all may like how “principled” and “moral” that he is but let me tell you… it shuts the show down and he always gets beaten in the end…. no up side.

37. auntiefran413 says:

C’mon, Alabama…do the right thing. Let’s put this thing to bed tonight. Judge Roy Moore!!!

38. n1ghtcr4wler says:

As a rule of thumb: never vote for the guy Karl Rove is involved with.

39. A2 says:

I am an ‘outsider’ looking in so I have no guidon on this election except that the President endorsed Senator Strange (such an unfortunate name).

How does the challenger, Judge Moore, stand on the economic issues facing the Trump administration? Is he for or against repeal and replace for Ocare? Does he support the renegotiation of NAFTA? Does he support the 301 investigation of Intellectual property rights by the Trump administration? Tax reform? Infrastructure bill? Building the wall and immigration reform?

He will serve in the Senate, if elected. So far most of the enthusiastic support tends to highlight his social conservative values. I applaud him for that, but the end game is to get senators who support the President’s agenda, as many on that side have not, including Lying Ted in the recent past.

Guidance appreciated.

Economic Position is the first one discussed.
      I am rooting for Roy Moore. What some call inflexible I call refusing to give in to SJW. We need more of that in Washington.

• Maquis says:

Looks good. EXCEPT building a Wall is characterized as being desireable only as a last, no other option “will work” recourse.

The Wall is the only manner of protecting our Country and Posterity that cannot be undone with the stroke of a tyrant’s pen. I expect a more forceful defense, and offense, of that non-negotiable element of MAGA.

• I agree the wall is non-negotiable.

• Maquis says:

I noted below, after having again commented on the murkiness of his statement regarding The Wall, that I found on his campaign page his assertion that he does support the building of The Wall.

Hard to know if this was a flip, or if his other statement lost it’s intended meaning as it was drowned in flowery prose, or the vauge statement was for a less patriotic audience.

I suspect someone just was a bit careless with their composition. People are not always sufficiently critical of their own prose, inviting the potential for unintended interpretations.

40. Abandoned says:

There is no Trump Party….. Congress will always vote to advantage its handlers…ideological or commercial handlers.

I think it’s over.
    They won’t allow us to change and eliminate our overlords.

The depression is deep with this one.

• PreNanny says:

Chin up Ab war is never pretty but fight we must.
      Do something you enjoy today. If you have netflix I 100% reco a new documentary called Mission Control all about the Apollo program from the Mission Control perspective a story that has never really been told. I got weepy a few times with pride while watching but shh don’t tell anyone.
      Hang in there we need you.
      MAGA

• Delilah says:

No war is ever decided by one battle. It’s a series of battles, and all of us knew we were in it for the long haul.

You have no choice in the matter. As long as you breathe, you fight.

41. n1ghtcr4wler says:

why is nobody talkin about yesterdays Utah special election? It happens that the antiTrumper Curtis won the rep primary. Curtis run for senate as a democrat in 2000 and was the head of the Utah county democratic party. wtf?

• PreNanny says:

Can only speak for myself: The writing was on the wall in Utah so why dwell on it?
      At the end of the day if a States electorate wants to embrace candidates that represent them poorly that is their choice. They will find themselves on the wrong side of history.
      Hatch is the largest snake in the swamp but Utah will continue for vote for him as well.
      MAGA

• Maquis says:

Then perhaps they are actually well-representing their treacherous Anti-American electorate afterall.

To quote a Great Man: Sad.

42. Crossover voting now banned in Alabama: What it means when you cast your ballot

• Delilah says:

Awesome. Now it means the moonbats can’t affect the outcome of our races.

• benifranlkin says:

It’ll help but it won’t stop Dems who didn’t vote at all in their primary from crossing over (if the Turtle gets into it) and voting Republican in the runoff. I read yesterday voter turnout was low overall which could play both ways. I just don’t think enough of the Dems can be mobilized to vote for Strange to overcome Judge Moore. IOW Here come da’ Judge.

• mimbler says:

Probably pretty hard to motivate dems who didn’t even vote in their own primary to vote in this one.
          Heck, I see a lot of people on this site in my position of not knowing whether Moore or Strange would be most useful to PDJT, so it would be pretty hard for the dems to get excited enough to turn off Dancing with the Stars and go vote in the repub primary.
          🙂

43. blessdog says:

i’m going to ponder this existentially for a minute:

does it matter?

there’s not a single senator who hasn’t proven themselves to be a THUG PUPPET deep state operative…and that includes Rand Paul or whoever your partisan preference might be

NOT ONE…of course that’s a reflection of the The US Senate being one of the highest level arena’s for their globalist psychopath mischief and deception

without looking too closely, i would characterize this as obvious division type propaganda within the Republican Party….

how will we ever take back our lives from these criminals?

certainly not “politically” and “revolution” is simply not a viable option

personally, i’d say that our only hope is to continue living as good and strong a life as possible, and to do our best to improve things in PARALLEL with the establishment controlling globalists and their surrogates…NOT in opposition to them – they win that battle EVERY time

JMHO

MAGA!

44. Bob Thoms says:

It is down to 2. Which one Bama Treepers? I will support whomever you think. Let us know.
    Thanks.

• benifranlkin says:

Judge Moore is very resolute, inflexible to the point where he did not obey the law on the 10 Commandments plaque removal and on recognizing same sex marriage apparently. That’s why he was removed from office. He is a favored son of Alabama because of this.
      I am going to leave it up to the Alabamans to choose their own next US Senator.

• rolisize says:

Who knows… once they become a Senator will they truly support the President?

45. Judge Roy Moore’s Position on National Issues, 2017
    Economy

Lower taxes, smaller government, and less spending will reduce the deficit and enable economic growth and a truly “stimulated” economy.

I believe in the reduction of taxes at all levels, and a need to reform the tax system by studying and implementing a “flat tax” or a “fair tax,” which is a tax on goods and services purchased instead of a tax on income.

To paraphrase an old saying, the only two things in life that are certain are death and taxes, but the truth is we are being taxed to death while our businesses are failing and our economy continues to suffer.

We must return American manufacturing to our Country by rescinding unfair “free trade” agreements which have severely damaged our economy through loss of jobs and skill development. The phrase “Made in America” should mean something again.

We should cut the deficit and balance the budget using accurate data unlike budget projections used by past administrations.

46. free73735 says:

posted here because of being open thread…. The Anti-Semitic Jewish Media
    by Bruce Bawer

47. Mike diamond says:

Yes Roy Moore is a good choice!!!!!