[TRANSCRIPTRush Limbaugh: “I sat on this story for two days … I mean, it is blockbuster. We’ll get on that. I sat on this for two days … You know, this is a powder keg of a story … so I held off and held off until I could get confirmation of it from somewhere else … and so it’s percolated and it’s broken out there, it’s now everywhere. So we’ll get into it in great detail here

Evelyn Farkas. As I say, I sat on that a couple days ’cause I didn’t quite trust the original source … Until I’ve weighed in on it, you don’t really know what it means”…

[Transcript Cont.] Let’s move on here to Evelyn Farkas, a former Obama administration official. She has let the cat out of the bag. And if anybody needs to be called to testify, it’s Evelyn Farkas. In case you haven’t heard by now, Ms. Evelyn Farkas — you gotta be real careful on radio pronouncing that name, and I’m just exercising extreme caution here. Evelyn Farkas is an Obama Pentagon Russian expert who told Mika Brzezinski on PMSNBC a couple of days ago that the Regime, the Obama Regime was indeed collecting intelligence on the Trump campaign!

And, she said, that they were unmasking the Trump people and leaking that info to the media. And that her only concern was that the administration and the Hill, Capitol Hill, would not be able to protect the sources and methods from the Trump people if the Trump people found out. She admitted all of this! She may have outed herself as the source for all of this that ran on CNN and in the New York Times, and it’s clear why she did it.

She is a tunnel visioned ideologue. And she went on MSNBC where she’s surrounded in her mind by like-minded people who have done the same thing had they been her and who are willing and waiting to applaud her for doing it. She forgot that MSNBC has an audience, and who could blame her for that? It’s widely known that MSNBC does not have an audience, so she, for all intents and purposes, thought she was at a bar with some of her friends at, like, 6:30, seven o’clock in the morning and that nobody was listening, and she was talking to a bunch of like-minded fellow travelers.

And Evelyn Farkas said that the intelligence collection, the surveillance against the Trump campaign, since she left in September of 2015, and she knew about it and it had to be going on in the summer of 2015, which in and of itself is quite amazing, it’s earth-shattering, it’s blockbuster, given that scarcely anyone gave Trump a chance of getting the nomination.

Remember, this is the period of time, you know, Trump’s June the 16th announcement, that’s where everybody was laughing themselves silly thinking he couldn’t possibly be serious. He’s just come out here and basically called every Mexican a rapist and said he doesn’t respect McCain ’cause he doesn’t like military people that get captured, doesn’t respect, all that. This is back in the day when people thought Trump was gonna implode and crater with every public appearance. And that went on for the two months. They were not taking Trump seriously. That’s what’s amazing about this. They were still surviving the guy and his campaign, according to Evelyn Farkas.

Now, Comey told us the Russians only wanted to see Hillary get defeated. That’s another thing. How’s that intel? But last week at that vaunted Capitol Hill hearing for the House Intelligence Committee, Comey admitted, oh, yeah, uh, yeah, the Russians wanted Hillary defeated. So why weren’t the Russians colluding with Jeb? I mean, everybody back then thought Jeb was gonna be the nominee. Is that not true?

Why would anybody be colluding with Trump? Nobody thought Trump was gonna win. Probably Trump didn’t think he was gonna win. Although he says he did. But June, July, August 2015, folks, we’re coming up on a year and a half ago now. And at that time everybody thought it was gonna be Jeb. Jeb! With the exclamation point. Everybody thought it was gonna be Jeb. Am I right about that? And there was some attention being paid to Ted Cruz. But not Trump.

So why weren’t the Russians trying to engineer some deal with Jeb? Why wasn’t there any intel on that? Why weren’t the Russians trying to strike a deal with Cruz? Why isn’t there any intel on that? Why haven’t there been any leaks about that? ‘Cause nobody in 2015 thought that it was gonna be the Trumpster.

Let’s listen to Evelyn Farkas. We have the audio sound bites here from March — yeah, but I don’t know that that’s right. I thought this was much more recent than that. Look, we’ll just say “recently” and then — she was on Squawk Box today. So here’s the first bite. It says March 2nd. It was on MSNBC Morning Joe, and they were discussing allegations that the Obama administration was conducting surveillance of the Trump transition team. This is, again, Evelyn Farkas.

“I was urging my former colleagues and, frankly speaking, the people on the Hill. It was more actually aimed at telling the Hill people: “Get as much information as you can. Get as much intelligence as you can before President Obama leaves the administration.” Because I had a fear that somehow that information would disappear with the senior people who left.

So I became very worried because not enough was coming out into the open, and I knew that there was more. We have very good intelligence on Russia. So then I had talked to some of my former colleagues and I knew that they were trying to also help get information to the Hill. … That’s why you have the leaking.”

RUSH: She admits it! It was right there! She admitted that they were collecting it, preserving it, and then urging people to get it out. In her words, get it to the Hill, meaning Democrats on the Hill, before the Obama administration left. And we’ve had stories right there in, I guess it was the New York Times, Obama ordered people to preserve all the intelligence being gathered, which has led many people, including moi, to ask, “What do you mean preserve the intelligence being gathered? I thought there wasn’t any intelligence being gathered? I thought Trump was not being surveilled?”

But of course he was. We’ve known this from the first story saying whatever it said with the sources being intelligence operatives deep inside the intelligence community. The New York Times with all those stories talking about intercepts and the one on January 20th talking about wiretaps, where were they getting all of this? Somebody had to be leaking it to them and somebody had to be collecting it. And this woman, Evelyn Farkas, just copped to it.

You have to ask, “Does she realize what she’s doing?” And clearly, folks, she thought she was with fellow travelers that would be entirely understanding and sympathetic and supportive. She hadn’t the slightest compunction about this.

“I was urging my former colleagues and, frankly speaking, the people on the Hill. It was more actually aimed at telling the Hill people: ‘Get as much information as you can. Get as much intelligence as you can before President Obama leaves the administration.’ Because I had a fear that somehow that information would disappear with the senior people who left.

“So it would be hidden away in the bureaucracy that the Trump folks, if they found out how we knew what we knew about the Trump staff dealing with Russians, that they would try to compromise those the sources and methods. Meaning we would no longer have access to that intelligence.

“So I became very worried because not enough was coming out into the open, and I knew that there was more. We have very good intelligence on Russia. So then I had talked to some of my former colleagues and I knew that they were trying to also help get information to the Hill. That’s why you have the leaking.”

This woman needs to be brought up and testify right now. This woman outed herself and who knows whoever else, admitting that they were surveilling, admitting that they were preserving it, admitting they were afraid that if it wasn’t used, that the Trump people would bury it when they were sworn in. So they had to get it out, because the intelligence was very good. She was worried because not enough was coming out.

She talked to some of her former colleagues and after that knew that they were also trying to get information on the Hill. That’s why you have the leaking.

Do you know that this story, Evelyn Farkas appearance on MSNBC, has yet to be reported on CNN, the New York Times, the Washington Post. It remains an unknown to Americans who only get their news from the Drive-By Media.  (Limbaugh Transcript Link)

This entry was posted in Donald Trump Transition, media bias, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized, White House Coverup. Bookmark the permalink.

272 Responses to Rush Limbaugh Discusses Evelyn Farkas Admissions of Surveillance and Intelligence Leaking…

1. Tejas Rob says:

From the transcript…

>So why weren’t the Russians trying to engineer some deal with Jeb? Why wasn’t there any intel on that? Why weren’t the Russians trying to strike a deal with Cruz? Why isn’t there any intel on that? Why haven’t there been any leaks about that? <

I guarantee Obama had an intelligence file on every GOP candidate. They would have done the same no matter if Trump had never ran.

• geoffb5 says:

They, the Dems, really have to get smarter people if they are going to go the “limited, modified, hangout” route.

• WSB says:

Or at least a 10 second delay so they can cut away. Except I doubt the producer thought too much about it at the time Farkas was mouthing off.

• helix35 says:

Limbaugh: “Probably Trump didn’t think he was gonna win.” This is why I can’t listen to Limbaugh anymore. That statement illustrates perfectly that he never understood Trump and he never will. Limbaugh missed the biggest political story of the century and I lost all trust and respect for him ever since.

• NvMtnOldman says:

Rush sat on the story for one of two reasons. 1. He knew it would vindicate Trump and Rush is still a Cruzbot. 2. He hoped it would go away.

• Ghostrider says:

Not exactly true. Rush sat on story because that is what he wants us to believe. Rush is a phony. He has never had an original thought. He reads the same news accounts and blog we do and then bloviates as if it was his work. Rush is a plagiarist

• Maquis says:

There were no blogs when Rush started the Conservative counter-media. He created an industry that gives us the opportunity to read hateful tripe based on nothing.

Your assertions are unnecessarily harsh and therefore suspicious.

CTH deserves better.

• Bob Thoms says:

@Marquid and @Ghostrider….IMO both of your observations about Rush are true. Rush started it all (conservative talk radio, that didn’t include alien abductions and was 24/7politicals and culture mixed with humor)……But Rush hasn’t kept up with the times and how we get and process our news and information.

• LCSmom says:

Yes. He read it here and then claims he knew about it beforehand. Sure.

He gets a lot of material from the treehouse. (Or he used to when I listened to him way back when.) Sometimes he would call out CTH on the air for particularly good posts.

• DD More says:

Ghost – He sat on it and couldn’t read the thing.

That was in the SECOND story here at the ‘Tree’, and pointed to the FIRST story that came out just after she said it. Must be having problems with reading comprehension.

• TRUE!! I also suspect that he got the intel from CTH but “didn’t trust it” because we here at CTH don’t buy into the “religion of Republicanism/Conservatism” as Limbaugh and so many other phonies do. It’s their own personal Jesus- their savior of their own making. And look how well their false god has served them! Republicans are as corrupt, anti American Sovereignty and meddlesome as the Dumbocrats. Cruze, Ryan, all the BS Freedom Caucus, all the BS taking heads are tools of Deconstructionism. They don’t fool me one bit. Creeps all!

• Bob Thoms says:

Yep. Can’t disagree. I tune in to Rush and last about 10 minutes; then change to my Pandora music channels…………….

• Carole says:

Exactly, I stopped listening when he went all gaga over Cruz. Cruz is a nut job. I know, I’m from Texas.

• Bob Thoms says:

carole, same here. I am embarassed to say Cruz bamboozled me into supporting him when he first ran for the Senate…..then when the Dallas Morning News broke the story on his birth certficate, it was clear Cruz was a liar.

• navysquid says:

Michael Hastings in Rolling Stone had an article on Obama and his cranking up the intel oversight when he came into office and specifically on John Brennan, head of CIA…and then Hastings was killed in a SINGLE high speed car crash…

• US says:

Rush Limbaugh, the Freedom Caucus, Mark Levin, Heritage Foundation, Cruz, and others were always Against Trump. They have to get on the train or at least out of the way. We are playing for all the marbles on this repeal bill that will liberate $1 Trillion for Tax Cuts. God gave US the best president we could hope for and our program is to support the President while he disassembles the Obama catastrophe. On healthcare Trump always promised that 26 year old “children” would continue on their parent’s teat because it was popular, that he would return block grants to the states, and that preexisting conditions would be covered. That program is what we all voted for and now this promise must be kept no matter what the CON-servative CON-stitutionalists would prefer. The Freedom Caucus drew blood and we must stop them before they bleed the rest of the agenda white.

2. raw moon says:

Here everyday.
    Great site,

3. Kjf says:

All i got out the the blow hard was he doesnt trust sundance. Damn shame rush, damn shame.

• Maquis says:

Did he cite Sundance? Or was he referring to the MSNBC and other stuff we saw? Or did he have others that he wasn’t willing to trust just yet.

I did not hear him criticize Sundance.

Can we get back to saving our President and our Country now?

4. dogsmaw says:

The one thing that set off a trigger to me…

Did rush actually say this?
    “It’s widely known that MSNBC does not have an audience, so she, for all intents and purposes, thought she was at a bar with some of her friends at, like, 6:30, seven o’clock in the morning and that nobody was listening, and she was talking to a bunch of like-minded fellow travelers.”

If so maybe someone should check out this place in NYC where ole joe hangs out on thursday nights and just can’t get to morning joes gig Friday am and mika goes it alone.

5. Benson II says:

I know Rush still has a huge audience so good that he’s doing this however I never listen to him anymore. He preserved his own business at the expense of being a true conservative truth teller which he likes to call himself. Not one word about Cruz, Rubio and Jindal not being eligible to be president instead we heard how Cruz was a true conservative. It’s apparent in all he does he is not a fan of Trump but pretends it’s just because he likes to be factual. A true American patriot would have at least brought up the question of why these men were being allowed to run and the factual Constitutional requirement. I now consider him a phony.

6. sha44ss says:

Do you really think Trump with all his Military advisor’s & supporters in Law Enforcement didn’t KNOW these criminals were wiretapping them eight months ago, and when he won would get desperate to take him down! I don’t think so. I think Gen Flynn was the fly in the trap, or the bait on the hook and all this is going as planned. The little fish are started to panic and the BIG Fish are right behind them. I am praying for them to take them all down!

7. flounder, rebel, vulgarian, deplorable, winner says:

“She also said that’s why it was so important for the intelligence to be widely distributed, as it was. She left the Obama administration, left the Pentagon, in September 2015. So let me tell you what that means. Contrary to it meaning that she was out of the loop, it means that this intel collection against the Trump campaign had to be going on from the very earliest days. Remember, Trump’s trip down the escalator was in June of 2015 — or was it July? June 15th, yeah. That trip down the escalator, June of 2015.

Note that Wikileaks hadn’t even started on Podesta’s email leaks until October 2016’ish and DNC’s email leaks in July 216, which were the impetus to create the Russians hacked the elected for Trump hoax.

So either

1) the information Farkas had was pre-Russian hoax when she had clearance and possible need to know (which makes Trump surveillance pre-Russian hoax, for which obama needs to explain), or

2) Farkas (or hillary, or other of her people, I guess) had been getting briefed by people within the obama administration, ostensibly to help hillary (which makes leaking of Trump surveillance designed to politically aid Trump’s opponent, for which obama needs to explain), who seemed to know all about the details of the Trump Russian hoax.

Recall:

[quote]”We have 17 intelligence agencies, civilian and military, who have all concluded that these espionage attacks, these cyberattacks, come from the highest levels of the Kremlin, and they are designed to influence our election.”

— Hillary Clinton on Wednesday, [b]October 19th, 2016[/b] in the third 2016 presidential debate[/quote]

Three weeks before the election. Recall hillary’s outrage a few weeks earlier – “why aren’t I 50 points ahead” – before Trump’s &%*grabbing tape leaked on October 7? That fell flat on its face, and Trump came roaring back with a vengeance.

It is likely that this “Russians hacked the election to help Trump” hoax was their new and improved “October surprise” cooked up after they had spent their wad on &%*gate to no net effect. Everything subsequent of November 8 is just a post-hoc justification of that failed October surprise.

8. triper57 says:

The question is : Why has AG Sessions not opened an investigation into the the Sitting President using intelligence services to gather political information on Trump and his transition team?

9. triper57 says:

And why is Evelyn Farkas not under indictment for violations of the FISA Rules?

10. Buck Turgidson says:

Give Fargas two choices: 1) cooperate 100% and spill every last innard of your guts, or 2) spend the rest of your life in a federal penitentiary. This should be an easy one, guys. Put this arrogant commie prick up against the wall, read her the riot act, and give her an ultimatum. Don’t bring a knife to a gun fight, right?

11. squid2112 says:

Ms.Farkas has better be very careful or she will end up like Seth Rich.

12. alegenoa says:

I love it how Rush insists that a year before the election nobody imagined Trump was going to win, probably not even him. Ahem…