Silent Night, Holy Night

silent-nightReading 1 Is 9:1-6

The people who walked in darkness
have seen a great light;
upon those who dwelt in the land of gloom
a light has shone.
You have brought them abundant joy
and great rejoicing,
as they rejoice before you as at the harvest,
as people make merry when dividing spoils.
For the yoke that burdened them,
the pole on their shoulder,
and the rod of their taskmaster
you have smashed, as on the day of Midian.
For every boot that tramped in battle,
every cloak rolled in blood,
will be burned as fuel for flames.
For a child is born to us, a son is given us;
upon his shoulder dominion rests.
They name him Wonder-Counselor, God-Hero,
Father-Forever, Prince of Peace.
His dominion is vast
and forever peaceful,
from David’s throne, and over his kingdom,
which he confirms and sustains
by judgment and justice,
both now and forever.
The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this!

Gospel Lk 2:1-14

In those days a decree went out from Caesar Augustus
that the whole world should be enrolled.
This was the first enrollment,
when Quirinius was governor of Syria.
So all went to be enrolled, each to his own town.
And Joseph too went up from Galilee from the town of Nazareth
to Judea, to the city of David that is called Bethlehem,
because he was of the house and family of David,
to be enrolled with Mary, his betrothed, who was with child.
While they were there,
the time came for her to have her child,
and she gave birth to her firstborn son.
She wrapped him in swaddling clothes and laid him in a manger,
because there was no room for them in the inn.

Now there were shepherds in that region living in the fields
and keeping the night watch over their flock.
The angel of the Lord appeared to them
and the glory of the Lord shone around them,
and they were struck with great fear.
The angel said to them,
“Do not be afraid;
for behold, I proclaim to you good news of great joy
that will be for all the people.
For today in the city of David
a savior has been born for you who is Christ and Lord.
And this will be a sign for you:
you will find an infant wrapped in swaddling clothes
and lying in a manger.”
And suddenly there was a multitude of the heavenly host with the angel,
praising God and saying:
“Glory to God in the highest
and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

142 Responses to Silent Night, Holy Night

1. entagor says:

Jussi Bjorling the great Swedish tenor sang O Holy Night in his native language, but the Spirit is in his voice. Thanks to all who posted such inspiring messages and hymns.. I am so grateful to God for sending His Son to save us all if only we believe, and give ourselves to Him.
    Merry Christmas to all.

2. Atticus says:

The Light will always conquer the darkness.
    It’s Morning in America.
    Hallelujah

3. JoAnn Leichliter says:

“And the Light shone in the darkness, and the darkness grasped it not…”
    Merry Christmas, Sundown and all Treepers.

4. JoAnn Leichliter says:

Oops–Sundance!!

5. maggiemoowho says:

Merry Christmas everyone. Be safe if traveling and keep your grandmothers away from any reindeer.🎄😃

6. Patriot1783 says:

Merry Christmas!

7. helmhood says:

Merry Christmas, everyone!

I’d like to share this O Holy Night recorded by the great Mario Lanza

8. LBB says:

From northern Illinois, where the morning is filled with fog & gray skies, this is just what I see with my eyes, but not my heart. I so enjoyed reading all that you have shared today and the last several weeks. Your recipes, traditions, and many inspirational and heart-felt moments.

Merry Christmas to you all. As we celebrate all of God’s promises and the birth of his son, this year has been magnified by our collective Spirit to allow truth & light to be reveal to all. Enjoy all your celebrations and we will soon usher in a huge New Year.

Cheers, LBB

9. ahem says:

More sublime music.

Ubi Caritas by Paul Mealor

Lully Lulla Lullay by Philip Stopford

10. The Boss says:

Merry Christmas to all and your families.

11. SteveInCO says:

Awakened this morning about 2AM to the sound of rain and some thunder. A thunderstorm in winter, here in Colorado, at very near seven thousand feet!

Of course it eventually became snow.

Merry Christmas to all!

12. happy2h says:

Merry Christmas to my treehouse family. May your families be blessed, and your homes filled with merriment and love.

God Bless

13. money4mesite says:

God Bless and Merry Christmas to Sundance and Treepers! The gift of finding this website was my greatest gift this yet!

14. The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

John 10:10

15. The mixture of Celtic and French culture unique to the province of Brittany in France expressed in a chanson Noel Celtique from the choral group, L’Ensemble du Bout du Mond.

16. teaforall says:

To My extended Family here at the Treehouse, I want to wish all of you a Joyous Christmas with your family and friends. Best Political Christmas ever.

God Bless one and all
    Love
    Tea

17. Timmy-the-Ute says:

5th CANDLE – (white) “CHRIST CANDLE” – The white candle reminds us that Jesus is the spotless lamb of God, sent to wash away our sins! Being placed in the center of the ’empty space’ also is a physical reminder that Christ came down from heaven and entered into our world for our salvation. When the candle is lit, it reminds us that Christ is the light of the world! After all, Christ is “the Light that came into the world” to dispel the darkness of sin and to radiate the truth and love of God (cf. John 3:19-21). His birth was for his death, his death was for our birth! “The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, ‘Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!‘” (John 1:29)
    [IMG]http://worshiphousemedia.s3.amazonaws.com/images/main/s/mo/cnm/mo/adventchristcandle.jpg[/IMG]

18. bill says:

that scripture is isaiah 9,,,, not luke

19. azgary says:

Merry Christmas to all with Best Wishes for the New Year, one which I have a sense of Great Optimism that I have not felt for a LONG time

20. History teaches says:

Have a happy CHRISTmas and a wonderful new year.

21. sunnydaysall says:

Merry Christmas to All My Friends Here at the Conservative TreeHouse ❤ And May God’s Blessing Carry You and Your Family Through the New Year ❤

22. Hear, hear……No talk of blood or cruxifixion

23. Merry Christmas to all the Treepers old and new here at CTH!!!! May you all have a wonderful day in celebrating the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ and may God continue to bless America and “Make America Great Again” with his Love and Blessing!!! 🙏✨🕊🎄

24. we300 says:

Merry Christmas, fellow patriots! God bless you one and all!

25. Red says:

Merry Christmas to all of my Treeper family and their loved ones. Have a wonderful day and safe travels.

Sundance, a Very Merry Christmas to you and your family, and to all of those that work on this website. You have been so enlightening throughout this whole process. I’ve learned more than I ever thought possible! The Treehouse is truly a port in the storm.

May God bless you and your family Sundance. May God bless each and every one of us, the USA, President Donald J.Trump, his familiy, Vice President Pence, his family, and all of President Trump’s cabinet and staff. ❤

26. Raven says:

Joyous Christmas to my Christian sisters and brothers, and happy holidays to those who do not know the Savior Whose birth is celebrated today.

For 42 Christmases I have made the Christmas cards my husband and I mail to family and friends. Although this is not the same as getting a card in your mailbox, here is my Christmas card to you — my Conservative Treehouse family.

27. Dommy says:

Daily Devotional
    December 25, 2016
    Have You Sinned Today?

And when the days of the feast had run their course, Job would send and consecrate them, and he would rise early in the morning and offer burnt offerings according to the number of them all. For Job said, "It may be that my children have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts." Thus Job did continually.
    Job 1:5

What Job did early in the morning, after the family festivities, it will be good for the believer to do for himself before he rests tonight. Amid the cheerfulness of household gatherings it is easy to slide into sinful frivolity and to forget our declared character as Christians. It ought not to be so, but sadly it is, that our days of feasting are very seldom days of sanctified enjoyment but too frequently degenerate into unholy amusement. It is possible to experience joy as pure and sanctifying as a dip in the rivers of Eden: Holy gratitude should be just as purifying an element as grief. Sadly for our poor hearts, facts prove that the house of mourning is better than the house of feasting.

Come, believer, how have you sinned today? Have you been forgetful of your high calling? Have you been like others in using empty words and unguarded speech? Then confess the sin, and flee to the sacrifice. The sacrifice sanctifies. The precious blood of the Lamb removes the guilt and purges the defilement of our sins of ignorance and carelessness. This is the best ending of a Christmas day—to wash anew in the cleansing fountain. Believer, come to this sacrifice continually; if it is good tonight, it is good every night. To live at the altar is the privilege of the royal priesthood; to them sin, bad as it is, is nevertheless no cause for despair, since they draw near once more to the sin-atoning victim, and their conscience is purged from dead works.

Gladly I close this festive day,
    Grasping the altar’s hallow’d horn;
    My slips and faults are washed away,
    The Lamb has all my trespass borne.

Family Bible Reading Plan
    Zechariah 12, 13:1
    John 15

Devotional material is taken from “Morning and Evening,” written by C.H. Spurgeon, revised and updated by Alistair Begg. Copyright © 2003, Good News Publishers and used by Truth For Life with written permission.

28. anarchist335 says:

Look down upon me, good and gentle Jesus, while before Thy face I humbly kneel, and with burning soul pray and beseech Thee to fix deep in my heart lively sentiments of faith, hope and charity, true contrition for my sins, and a firm purpose of amendment; the while I contemplate with great love and tender pity Thy five most precious wounds, pondering over them within me, whilst I call to mind what the Prophet David put in Thy mouth concerning Thee, O good Jesus: “They have pierced My hands and My feet; they have numbered all My bones.”

Great love to all you Treepers!

29. bob e says:

beautiful stuff Sundance ..

30. NJF says:

Stunning rendition SD, Merry Christmas Treepers!