President Elect Donald Trump Attends Christmas Eve Service in Palm Beach…

Mr. President-elect Donald J Trump and Mrs. Melania Trump together with their son Barron, will be attending midnight mass Christmas services at The Church of Bethesda by The Sea in West Palm Beach Florida.

donald-melania-and-barron-trump

The Trump family quietly attended services last year at the same church –pictures here– However, as President-Elect -and incoming First Family- this year there is heightened media and public interest.  Security has been enhanced accordingly.

The Episcopal service is being live-streamed via CBS12

VIEW HERE

trump-midnight-service

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Donald Trump Transition, Election 2016, media bias, Religion. Bookmark the permalink.

100 Responses to President Elect Donald Trump Attends Christmas Eve Service in Palm Beach…

1. The best first family in many many years.

2. Rachelle says:

Right across the water from me! Maybe I’ll go over and attend mass too!!!! Would be interesting!!

3. Emily Summer says:

Uh uh uh, hey…Obumma’s a Christian, too…..when it suits him to be one. Lovely Trump family…Merry Christmas.

4. Bob says:

It is so great to feel proud to see our new President and Family….because it’s been awhile….

5. El Torito says:

This is the first time I am proud of our President. I the last 8 years 🙂

6. georgiafl says:

One of many showing the compassion and character of Donald Trump – https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=121&v=pm8n9qVIK_8

• georgiafl says:

Many Christian people I respect have endorsed Donald Trump – one is David Jeremiah and another is Jerry Falwell Jr.

Franklin Graham did not exactly endorse, but did everything but endorse Trump.

Rev. Dr. David Jeremiah – “America’s Defining Moment – November 13, 2016”

Sermon begins @ 30:00 = https://vimeo.com/191683815

• georgiafl says:

PS – a few years ago, when Dr. David Jeremiah went to NYC to teach/preach about The Bible, guess who was in the audience, sitting in the bleachers with everyone else, listening intently? Donald Trump. Dr. Dobson says Trump has come to Chris. Trump has sought counsel and support from Jerry Falwell, Jr. and other Evangelicals. I imagine they have questioned and counseled with Mr. Trump intensively.

• Ron says:

Franklin Graham didn’t endorse, I do believe, just because of the ‘lbj amendment’ Trump was always talking about.

I got a magazine (you may have to) about 2 weeks before the election that very fairly laid out Hillary’s positions, and Trump’s positions. The entire thing was presented by Mr. Graham, and accurately, fairly described Mrs. Clinton’s policies as bad for Christians, and described Mr. Trump’s policies as friendly to Christians. They didn’t say vote Trump, but they sure painted him in a positive light, and fairly, but competently criticized Hillary’s positions.

So as you say he did everything but endorse, which I believe he would have if not for the separation legally of pastors and their politics. I believe he feels that he has so much charity work going on in so many places that it was too risky to overtly support him in case he lost and he had to deal with the Hillary (God forbid!) administration.

• Pam says:

I believe so too. I heard that Franklin Graham is in the process of trying to get Billy Graham Ministries and Samaritan’s Purse out of the 501c3. Once you get in from what I understand, it’s not so easy to get out of it and it takes time.

• Ccat says:

Franklin Graham was at the Mobile rally! He was a big surprise for us and was VERY well received. He gave a beautiful talk about how God was responsible for the Trump victory because of all the prayers all across the nation. You could tell he was very happy and relieved about the election. He also gave a very moving prayer. More than just my eyes were moist in that stadium. It was moving. Of course I cried tears of joy through the whole rally!!!

7. kinthenorthwest says:

This is so neat to hear of an American president…Been a long time—we were lucky watching the Obama’s do Easter service at some weird church in DC
    I have a feeling the Trump will be making more Americans proud during religious holidays

8. Sam says:

What a good feeling to have a Christian man as president! I like the quiet way he and his wife attend church – no fanfare, no big photo ops. After all, Mass or services are not about him.

9. kenmar1965 says:

I suspect cbs12 has not had 15k-20k watching a live stream of midnight Mass before.

10. I love Christmas Eve mass. Catholic, Protestant, doesn’t matter. It always feels special.

• gloriosaedominae1 says:

The only place you will find a Mass is in the Church. And by the way, it’s not Christmas Eve Midnight Mass it’s Christmas Day.

I suppose Protestants might have Christmas Eve services. But one could hardly call it a Mass. No altar, no priesthood, no Sacrifice.

• Radiopatriot says:

Holy Mass is said in the Catholic Church. Other Christian denominations have “Christmas Eve Services” — perhaps with the exception of Greek and Russian Orthodox churches which also celebrate Mass. From Wikipedia:

Mass is one of the names by which the sacrament of the Eucharist is commonly called in the Catholic Church, Western Rite Orthodox churches and many Old Catholic, Anglican, and Lutheran churches, as well as some Methodist churches. Apart from “Eucharist” others are the “Lord’s Supper”, the “Breaking of Bread”, the “Eucharistic assembly (synaxis)”, the “memorial of the Lord’s Passion and Resurrection”, the “Holy Sacrifice”, the “Holy and Divine Liturgy” and “Holy Communion”. In these denominations, the term Mass often refers to the entire church service in general. Some Protestants employ terms such as Divine Service or service of worship, rather than the word Mass, although other Protestants, such as Anglicans and Lutherans, use the word. For the celebration of the Eucharist in Eastern churches, including those in full communion with the Holy See, other terms such as the Divine Liturgy, the Qurbono Qadisho or Holy Qurbana and the Badarak are normal.

• they call me sweetheart says:

As a Russian Orthodox-born married to a Roman-Catholic born, married in the Roman Catholic Church, I thank you for clarifying those facts.

Regardless of denomination, I wish you all a blessed Christmas. Rejoice!

• Coldeadhands says:

News flash! Christ is lord of ALL!

• phoebehb says:

Yes, even we Baptists have Christmas Eve services. We do the best we can having nothing but faith.

11. Ron says:

You know what the most amazing thing is about all of this?

… how the election, and in particular, meeting people around the country, millions of people DURING the election, has turned President Trump into a better man. He seems to look for ways to do epic, good things and to be presidential for the people who appreciate that kind of thing.

I’ll bet Melania who by all accounts is a good, decent woman is absolutely thrilled with how Trump’s ‘worst’ qualities have become useful (his willingness to fight, troll on twitter, etc.) and his best qualities have all become amplified.

I never get the sense from him that he’s going through the motions. Previously, i’d see presidents do something like this and think “oh, they don’t really want to be there”, and I think President Trump probably wouldn’t want to be there a few years ago, but now he definitely wants to do these ceremonial things because he wants to be as good of a president as he can be. He likely really wants to go tonight because he knows there are people who will appreciate it, and who look up to the president.

His growth (and don’t get me wrong, I have way more room to grow than he does, I’m just giving him credit)… His growth is astounding to watch at such a late age, and he stands as a great role model to younger men like myself.

• Sam says:

Consider too that now that he will be president soon, he may feel the need for Someone bigger than himself. He may want God’s guidance in his new job. God sets up kings and brings them down to accomplish His will.

I’ll say it again, please pray for Donald Trump and his family that God will keep them safe and well-protected and provide him the guidance to make wise decisions.

• Rudy Bowen says:

I hope you are right…and I think you are.

• TwoLaine says:

He really hasn’t changed much. He’s always been a good, kind, family man. He just lost his minister, and church, in many respects.

• Agave says:

Ron, Thank you for noting “growth.” We can all afford to grow…learn…whatever you may want to call it. There is room, whether that is spiritual,intellectual, personal. One thing that I really appreciate about the Treehouse hangers, and that I recognize in Donald J. Trump, is that they are willing to learn and grow. I was very, very skeptical of DJT in the early months of his campaign, but the Treepers, and Trump and his team, brought me along; you have all taught me so much, and brought me to a great place. I’m really looking forward to the next two, four, maybe six or eight years. This is going to be a Hoot! Merry Christmas!

• psadie says:

Agree for I think Trump being “born again” had a lot to do with it…especially when he met the clergy in Trump Tower and they laid hands on him he looked emotional. He is going to call upon God more than he imagined for strength, courage, understanding, hope and faith.
      Trump becoming President is quite a life achievement for him at this point in his life!

12. Reality Wins says:

MERRY CHRISTMAS FELLOW TREEPERS!

13. Pam says:

So many of the ministers who did endorse Trump in the past 18 months did mention that they had noticed a softening with him and that he had truly changed. They talked about the respect that he would show clergy when they would enter the room.

It’s wonderful to see Trump taking the time in his busy schedule to make time with God and family a priority.

14. Radiopatriot says:

Trump entered church and gots a standing ovation from parishioners already inside.

15. sundance says:

16. Mar says:

Merry Christmas and Blessings to all. I am curious though and a bit surprised why an old photo was used.

17. teajr says:

Best Christmas Eva! Merry Christmas to all 🙂

• they call me sweetheart says:

Agree. We did the Feast of the Seven Fishes tonight, so instead of yes, what we call Midnight Mass (what we’ve been calling it, attending it for 40 years…we’ll be celebrating in the early a.m. before brunch.

18. tinkerthinker2 says:

Merry Christmas to you all!

19. Black Pearl says:

Merry Christmas to All !

20. toriangirl says:

Super excited that my church (PSA) is having a Christmas service tomorrow morning. It will be packed to the rafters. The more the merrier!

21. toriangirl says:

For to us a child is born,
    to us a son is given;
    and the government shall be upon his shoulder,
    and his name shall be called
    Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
    Of the increase of his government and of peace
    there will be no end,
    on the throne of David and over his kingdom,
    to establish it and to uphold it
    with justice and with righteousness
    from this time forth and forevermore.
    The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this.
    (Isaiah 9:6-7)

22. be says:

Merry Christmas my friends. God bless you all.

23. velvetfoot says:

I’m sure this time at Mar-a-Lago has been rejuvenating for the whole family.

24. sundance says:

25. NoeliCannoli says:

A special Merry Christmas wish for you, Sundance. You are more important to us than you probably realize. Thank you for all that you do.

26. NorthIdaho says:

Merry Christmas everyone at the University of Sundance. I am not high church, but so glad our new President is attending church at Christmas. What a great example. So thankful for him.

27. Dekester says:

Merry Christmas from British Columbia. Thank you Sundance. You and many of your contributors have enlightened and educated me beyond words.
    God bless DJT

28. Stringy theory says:

I feel more hopeful this Christmas than I have in many years. Our local pbs station (I know) just carried the Naval Academy glee club accompanied by several professional vocalists and a great musical group in a performance of Handel’s Messiah. What a performance and what a great crop of new military officers we have on the way. MerrynChristmas to all.

29. Anton says:

Will the Obamas be attending a mosque, or maybe a Unitarian church where they can groove on the SJW vibes? Or perhaps a Spirit Cooking demonstration? Does anybody actually know what their religion is? After eight years, I don’t. Black Liberation Theology, an invention of the old Soviet Union’s Disinformation arm, certainly isn’t Christian. The only religious holidays the Obamas seem to enthusiastically celebrate are Islamic.

I may not be religious, but I’m ecstatic to see the Trump’s doing something traditionally AMERICAN.

• It’s what in your heart! Your religion or faith is between you and God! People for centuries in the name of religion kill, steal, and abuse including christians! There are extremists in every religion! No one can say what Obama believes in! His behavior shows many things but then …
      Merry Christmas Anton!

• MaineCoon says:

I’d say the guy’s in hot water based on his UN vote against God’s chosen people.

12 The Lord had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you.

2 “I will make you into a great nation,
        and I will bless you;
        I will make your name great,
        and you will be a blessing.
        3 I will bless those who bless you,
        and whoever curses you I will curse;
        and all peoples on earth
        will be blessed through you.”

Merry Christmas!

• Anton says:

Thanks. Merry Christmas to you and yours! I’m going to ignore the grumpy Obamas today–probably bawling over bags of coal–and have fun. Christmas is the greatest, even if I prefer the secular version with Santa. I have a friend who started a Christmas toy drive with her sister several years ago, and this year, riding around the island I live on in a motorized sleigh dressed as elves, with Santa at the wheel, they collected more than three thousand new toys for needy kids. My friend is not religious; her sister is a convert to Judaism, yet Christmas is their favorite holiday too. It seems to bring out the best in almost everyone.

• guitar107 says:

It seems to me that the Grinch in Chief’s religion is anti-American, anti Judeo-Christian and anti Western Civilization in general.

30. ZurichMike says:

Episcopalians: Catholic “B” team.
    Snort. Giggle. Don’t get me started. Too much eggnog! LOL!

31. Dan Patterson says:

Episcopalians will speak to you in the liquor store.

Much merry Christmas hope to one and all.

32. guitar107 says:

Melania is a very classy first lady.

33. Bonitabaycane says:

No pics of the Post American First Family attending services? They must not allow cameras into mosques. 🙂

34. labman57 says:

Melania attended Christmas Mass in a short mini-dress.
    Not surprised — Donald has never been one to pass up an opportunity to show off the attributes of his trophy Stepford wife.