Jessica Chambers Murder – Day #82 – DA Champion Gives A Timeline…. *UPDATE*

A few hours ago the lead investigator in the Jessica Chambers case, Mississippi District Attorney John Champion, gave a press conference outlining the timeline of Jessica’s activity on 12/6/14, the day she was brutally killed.

I did not see the interview and we are awaiting video from Local24 a Memphis News Station.

john champion

However, in the interim here is live feed tweets containing some of the details outlined by DA Champion:

Meaning her cell phone was active at the scene of the crime at 7:31pm but the emergency call to the fire department did not come in until 8:09pm. So Jessica was with someone at the scene on Herron Road for approximately 30 minutes prior to the assault and fire.

This one is a no-brainer of sorts. We know the U.S. Marshals service was on the case early on. We also know they were conducting some kind of investigation in/around Panola county prior to, and most likely unrelated to, Jessica Chambers death. USMS have the most exhaustive cell phone analytic technology available – so we know they have geo-location and cell phone tower ping logs.

In addition, depending on the scope of prior and current investigative intents they might have placed a “stingray tower” in the area around Memphis which would allow for even more extensive data recovery. Given the FBI terror alert the week after the murder, it’s reasonable to assume a considerable effort was in place which would infer the possibility of a stingray tower.

So 6:30pm to 7:30pm is the void (with Lisa Daugherty phone call in the missing hour). Then at 7:30 she is placed at the scene on Herron Road. At 8:09 a call is placed to the fire dept. At 8:13pm the fire department arrives.

At 9:30pm the burned vehicle is photographed at Ali’s gas station.

Local24 produces a transcript report as shared by:

[…] Investigators have traced Jessica’s whereabouts leading up to her death, but don’t know where she was or who she was with between 6:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. They say that information is key to helping solve this case.

Champion said investigators have interviewed over 120 people and followed numerous out of state leads, but they have not gotten enough information to generate a suspect. Despite those out of state leads, Champion said they believe the person responsible for killing Jessica is “somebody local” and that it was “not a random act.”

According to the latest timeline, Jessica was seen on surveillance at a local convenience store not far from her home between 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. She left the store and went to a home in Courtland.

Around 6:00 p.m., she left the home and was seen in the area of Highway 6 near the first set of stoplights towards Batesville around 6:10 p.m. After she was there for about 10-15 minutes, investigators say she was seen back in the Courtland area at 6:30 p.m.

Investigators have not been able to determine what happened to Jessica after that. Police say she was at the scene of where she was found at 7:31 p.m. and that the fire call was received at 8:09 p.m. When firefighters arrived, Jessica was found literally burning alive. She died at the hospital a few hours later with burns over 90% of her body.  (more)

Questions:

#1)  Was “the home” Charlotte Wilkerson’s house?

#2)  Was the stoplight near the hotel of earlier conversation?

If so all of the prior outlines begin to solidify around an affirmed narrative.

This entry was posted in Conspiracy ?, justice for jessica, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

636 Responses to Jessica Chambers Murder – Day #82 – DA Champion Gives A Timeline…. *UPDATE*

1. TexasRanger says:

$54,000 Reward…..

Reward In Jessica Chambers Murder Case Increased To $54,000.00.

The Chambers family continues to ask anyone with information to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-729-2169 or the ATF at 1-888-283-3473.

There is a $54,000 Reward being offered.

Courtland, Mississippi

2. Betsy says:

Champion implies that they think it was done by one person or possibly two.

Also, I don’t trust Lisa’s sense of time. I’ll leave it at that.

So Charlotte was jailed because she was the one who called right before Jessica left? Hard to believe they’d lock her up simply because her number was in her phone.

• twoeyes1947 says:

If I were LE, I would question Charlotte every day until she spilled her guts. She knows who, what and how it went down.

• 2+2 says:

Agree about Lisa’s sense of time. She initially said JLC left home around 6pm, later changed when Ali said the camera timers weren’t reset for DST. LE seemed to believe his story so he had more cred than Lisa, so she went along with what they believed to be true. One reason I think her first story was the true time is because she was in the living room, most likely on FB or watching TV, so would be aware of the time JLC left. Note to self: check Lisa’s FB Dec 6 for posts between 4-7pm.

• lou says:

this is 2015 and can’t they pin down the exact times when a cell phone is being used?….I can’t believe they can’t corroborate or dismiss Lisa’s “timeline”…and where Jessica was when she was on her phone to her mom…

• jewelsc6 says:

Charlotte lied saying she saw Jessica at a party. Maybe that was the reason they locked her up to question her.

• vin1vid1vic1 says:

What reason would Charlotte have to lie? A girl is just burned alive, a girl who visited her often who called her “Auntie Sha Sha”, a good friend, a neighbor, and she, of all people, would want to help find out what happened and do anything she could to help. But she makes up a party that didn’t happen and elaborates on it as well? Hush, hush, sweet Charlotte, Charlotte, why’d you lie??????

• 2+2 says:

IMO the answer to that lies these questions: Who called her at home; what time did she really leave; the FBI statement “Jessica was the party”; if she got a call at M&M and from whom: and where in Courtland she was pinged/seen at 6:30 if Ali’s time is correct.

• 2+2 says:

should read: the answer to that lies in these questions.

• oldiadguy says:

I must be getting old, I don’t recall reading anything from the FBI stating “Jessica was the party.” Could you point to the source.

Thanks

• 2+2 says:

It was in one of the early pressies in print, I’ll find it again today Guy. My comp crashed and I’m having to do a restore, chkdsk and a bunch of baloney to get my files back. I’m on a borrowed lappy atm.

• oldiadguy says:

“I’m having to do a restore, chkdsk and a bunch of baloney to get my files back.” Been there, done that. 🙂

The reason I ask is that the FBI is usually very closed mouth regarding their investigations. Putting out this type of information strikes me as odd.

• 2+2 says:

Hard drive and programs restored, now I have to run a program to recover my files I didn’t have backed up. ugh. I searched for that article and I can’t find it. A couple of people mentioned on Day #83 that they cant find vids and articles they know were there, and I noticed things have been disappearing since DA announced his timeline. IMO they have identifled a black perp and CRS is at work scrubbing evidence from the net.

What I did find was on day #49 thread:
                  Leise says:
                  January 25, 2015 at 3:40 pm
                  Charlotte said there was a party and Jessica left with two guys. You may recall that when the FBI entered the scene they said, “there was no party… Jessica was the party”.

According to articles and interviews, FBI “officially” came on the case 12/15, but they were working it since 12/9. So it was sometime between 12/15 and January 25 that was in an article. I know I saw it in print, and I think it was in the presser that accompanied the FBI reward announcement. I’m relieved to find evidence that someone else saw it lol.

3. bluetick says:

My 2 cents and if my memory is correct –
    According to Lisa’s recent interview she texted Jessica and getting no response, phoned her, and still getting no response, phoned again. Jessica answered the last call and they had their conversation sometime around 7 pm. I believe Lisa got on her case about coming home and cleaning her room.

JLC may have been told by someone to ignore the text.
    JLC may have been told by someone to ignore the phone call.
    Lisa’s 3rd attempt to make contact caused someone to allow JLC to answer – but she may have been told to keep it light, and give no indication of distress, or any hint of a problem.

• Melanie says:

I don’t know about that. Seems if she was already in trouble it would’ve been a quick conversation–I can’t imagine people who are wanting to do her harm waiting on her to speak to her mom for 20 minutes. That’s a really long conversation to just be sitting by. Furthermore, I think they would’ve just shut the phone off, or continue to ignore it.

• tessa50 says:

“After being hounded by Lisa, JLC’s last comment “I love you Momma” might have been a tipoff that something wasn’t right, and was JLC’s way of letting Lisa know that there was a problem.”

Oh my, I sure hope you are wrong about that. What a sad thing that telling your mother you love her would be a clue to trouble. That is just so sad.

• Betsy says:

Lisa said she spoke to Jessica around 7:00 to 7:20. And according to Lisa, Jessica told her she was going to get something to eat and clean her car. According to the timeline Jessica had gone to Batesville before Lisa called. So either Jessica was lying, Lisa was lying about what Jessica told her, or Jessica went to Batesville for some other reason.

• Betsy says:

Oops, I didn’t mean to post as a reply to bluetick.

• justfactsplz says:

There could be no reply between Lisa and Jessica if Jessica’s phone was turned off during that time span. It Lisa lied about the call then the whole going to clean her car and get something to eat may not be true either.

• pspsst says:

Lisa is unreliable which is why the case is so frustrating. We only have her to believe that Jessica allegedly said she was going to clean her car and grab a bite to eat during the 6:58 pm phone call, when Jessica had already been to Batesville. She got the departure time from the house completely wrong. Some people just lie from morning to sundown because they have things to hide in their lives. Or she’s forgetful and not alert due to whatever reason. Basically, unreliable so going on her word is unstable ground.

It’s also possible Jessica did buy fast food at a drive thru with the intention of eating and writing in her journal in the peace and quiet of her car. Why she wouldn’t tell her mom if so, we can only surmise. But then again, she could very well have just wanted to eat and sit in car for a bit. Being in the house all day, moms nagging as most of us know, she wanted to get out, was restless, couldn’t find a place to sit quietly. She turned the phone off to keep her mom from calling her and disturbing her while she wrote. Just trying to think what a young girl, 19, stuck in mom’s house would do.

• justfactsplz says:

Jessica very well could have turned off her phone to keep from talking to Mom. There could have been a knock down drag out fight between them and that is why Jessica left in a hurry. Lisa has guilt because Jessica died and made up the phone call as their last contact rather than face the fact that it was the fight.

• jett black says:

I didn’t notice Champ saying they were doing forensics on Lisa’s phone. If they haven’t, shame on them. All this bs about when and how long Lisa spoke to JLC would be over by just referencing Lisa’s and JLC’s phones. If USMS is really involved and they have the tower logs, they could be grilling the crap out of a fairly short list of people based on that alone. Continue praying for justice for JLC and that the monster who did this crime gets put down, before he/she can do it to anyone else.

• justfactsplz says:

I do pray they find the killer or killers. I am concerned about it happening again. I do think they know if Lisa talked to Jessica and they are just not saying. Lisa saying Jessica told her she loved her is very telling. If they had argued the mother needs to believe that whether the call took place or not. She has guilt imo.

• Betsy says:

Good points. To clarify, I meant Lisa was lying or was just confused.

• tdtweety says:

Lisa couldn’t remember when Jessica left their home, yet she said Jessica called her at 6:48 and they spoke for about 20 minutes. The # of that incoming call would post on Lisa’s phone, so it has to be Jessica’s phone or whatever phone Jessica used to make the call. When DA says they have no idea where Jessica was from 6:30-7:30 how can this be true since the phone pinged her on Herron road after 7:30? Someone, somewhere is lying, am only hoping it’s for a good cause.

• pspsst says:

Sorry Betty! I didn’t see your comment up above JFP! We agree, in short form!

• twoeyes1947 says:

Some are getting it wrong on what Lisa said about getting food and cleaning car. Lisa said that was what JC said as she was leaving home. Mom has said nothing about the phone call except the I love you comment.

• Betsy says:

“The last words she said to me was, ‘I’m cleaning my car and getting something to eat and I’ll be home.’ That was at 7 something that night, and I keep waiting on her to come home.”
              USA Today

• If you watch the interview, Lisa also commented about the phone conversation with Jessica alleged to have occurred between 6:48 and 7:13 pm. When Jessica finally answered the phone on Lisa’s third try, her mom asked “Where’d you go to clean your car, Memphis?!?”

She also said she thought it was odd that there was no background noise from Jessica’s end, as it was normal for there to be music or talking. Then she added that Jessica told her she would be cleaning her room when she got home. She said that was very strange because Jess had been promising to do that for weeks and now she was suddenly volunteering to do it.

If my child were as terrified of someone as Lisa has described, I would moved far away. Barring that, I would not have allowed her to go out alone, period. But if she did ‘escape’ my attention and all these ‘odd’ things were happening – at a minimum – I would have immediately called her Dad, the police and everyone else who could help me track her down.

My instincts tell me the guilty number far more than the two or more who orchestrated and executed the actual murder. The whole situation is so sad, bizarre and ‘otherworldly’ to me. No wonder the mother can’t sleep.

• 2+2 says:

or the timeline is off by 1 hour because Ali lied about it.

• punkinseed says:

And if Ali lied.. if he hadn’t changed from daylight savings time to standard his clock would be at 4:30?.”spring forward, fall back.

• 2+2 says:

no, it would be 6:30, which is where it was. We are on Standard Time now. He never changed it to DST in the spring. If he didn’t “fall back” why would he have “sprung forward?” After listening to him flounder around in the interviews about this and what time different things happened, I’m positive about it. He also made a comment on someone’s FB about Jessica being at the store 2 hours before it happened..not 3 hours before. I’ll post that screenshot if I recover my files.

4. pspsst says:

H/T jewel from Day #54, Jan 29

Herron Road and Pat Mista’s house (or is that Boone’s house)

Is this the residence Jessica visited after M&M’s since there was rumor she was last seen at Boone’s house. Boone being George Mista Jr, husband of Denise

• Diane says:

pspsst — In the 12/7 FB post by Dianah Switzer she states “someone beat her and assaulted her and put her in her car in a field on her road in front of boone house and set it on fire…”

She is refering to Daniel “Boone” Burns’ house at 614 Carslisle Road – not to be confused with “Boone” Mista (aka George Mista and son of George Douglas Mister).

Later in that same post, Angel Burns (Daniel’s wife) states, “This did not happen in front of our house. As fas as we know it was in Courtland somewhere. It happened in a church parking lot on Main Street”.

Dianah Switzer replies, “Oh well I was told it happened in the field right on y’alls road – guess I got some bad info”.

• 2+2 says:

I’m still wondering if the “it” that happened in a church parking lot is the transfer from ambulance to helicopter, and gossip has made it into something else just like the story of “it” happened in front of Burns house.

• vin1vid1vic1 says:

2+2- Think that was the same Courtland Baptist Church next to the Courtland Fire Dept. on Main St. and not far from the Herron Rd address. Does seem like Angel Burns was talking about the car fire though. And Scott Sproul (wherever he gets his info?) had said he talked with someone (Vol. fireman) at the house fire & that it had been at Daniel “Boone”‘s house which is also near Charlotte W. and Lisa’s (all on Carlisle Rd) This was all conversation of FB when news was fresh the Sunday morning of Dec.7, ’14 as they were hearing of Jessica’s death.

• 2+2 says:

The house fire that preceded the 911 for Jessica was at Burns’ house? Or are you saying Sproul’s informant who was at the house fire said the car fire was at Burns house? Sorry for asking, I’m just a little tired and confused trying to untangle all these threads. 🙂

Yes I agree Angel Burns is talking about the car fire but I think the gossip mixed up the crime scene location with the transfer location; just like I’m confused about the above lol.

• vin1vid1vic1 says:

2+2- Sproul tweeted some weeks ago that one of the vol. firemen told him he was with Cole Haley at a house fire BEFORE the car fire. I think Sproul was throwing accusations that Cole Haley had something to do with Jessica’s fire/death. The vol. was defending Cole in his having been there. I don’t tweet. Maybe Scott Sproul would comment. If my recollection is correct. It was stated that the house (electrical) fire was at Daniel and Angel Burn’s house. And it was very minor situation.

• 2+2 says:

thank you for the clarification on the location of the house fire. I’ve got it now.

Yes it appeared to me that Sproul was fishing to put blame on Cole Haley. I don’t tweet, but I do lurk on people connected to this crime. My friends call it stealth tweet lol.

• angie says:

I remember Sproul’s posts back then. He was adamant in his belief that Cole was guilty in some way in Jessica’s death. He was shut down though when the Bol fireman and others pointed out why Cole could not have been involved.

• flyonthewall1 says:

I saw those tweets. What the Firefighter actually said was that he was at the first fire with Haley. The firefighter on Twitter did NOT go back to the station to clean up. He went directly home. Although, several people tried very hard to make him say the first fire was at the Burns, he said it was NOT at the Burns. The firefighter would NOT reveal where the first fire was, but he said he did not believe the two fires were related.

• vin1vid1vic1 says:

Don’t know. Don’t want to put anything to make more confusion. It may be around first week in January that it’s being discussed on Scott Sproul’s twitter.Think there might have been two different discussions where in the second the firefighter didn’t want to bad mouth Cole and was zipping up. Scott Sproul was egging him on to tell more. Do think originally someone said it was at Daniel Burns house. It was either a precautionary call due to some bad wire ?? Maybe not much of a fire?? Something to that effect but Sproul wasn’t buying it. He said he got info from “source”?? Scott Sprould would be the one with the info. Posted his twitter earlier.

• flyonthewall1 says:

My source is the info on the firefighter’s twitter. I don’t doubt Sproul posted what you said. But he is not a credible source to me.

• vin1vid1vic1 says:

Just passing it along. Don’t know who Sproul is. He does get a lot of input from others. I just put it all in the mix and see where it goes. Who is the firefighter?

• jewelsc6 says:

And this would put her very close to Herron Rd..

• frangelica1 says:

My feeling is that Jessica visited one of the Mista brothers and Denise Tutor and did not visit Wilkerson for her one stop at a residence.

Also I don’t know if Jessica had an iPhone or another type cell phone with tracking abilities, but I wonder if Jessica shut off her phone when visiting certain people so her Mom wouldn’t be able to see where she was going or who she was visiting.

5. firefly says:

Is Word Press the reason I am having problems posting links?

6. suzlady says:

When I use my phone the time is recorded in the system. I do not know what type of phone Lisa has but the call should be there with date and time

• wanthetruth says:

And that’s the thing. Lisa said in the video with Apel that she knew the time because it was on her phone. She must know LE would check and know also. Its not a simple lie – it would be a lie easily disproven.

If it wasn’t true you’d think LE would have called her on it already. I was surprised Champion wasn’t asked about the call during this interview as it was so clearly in the “unknown” time frame. There was more than one reporter there to think of asking it – made me wonder if they were asked not to.

• 2+2 says:

Exactly. Lisa may not have been the best mother, she may have been in a disconnected fog when it came to Jessica’s activities, she may be confused about what time Jessica left that night, but you can bet your bottom dollar the time she hung up with Jessica from that last phone call, the last words she heard her say before she saw her horribly burned child die, that time is etched into her otherwise faulty memory and it is one thing she will NOT erase from her phone.

• Chewbarkah says:

Cab we really assume local LE had the brains to look at Lisa’s cell phone or phone records?

• jewelsc6 says:

LOL good question

• vin1vid1vic1 says:

We need to remember that there are others involved in this investigation higher than local LE. And we can only hope they are dotting the “I”s and crossing the “t”s to get a conviction after the person/s are found. The evidence has to be practically air tight, or even a guilty party can walk ..if it gets to a courtroom.

• jewelsc6 says:

I sure hope so..I have a real bad feeling in my gut, I don’t want to say what I am thinking because its to awful to even say..

• vin1vid1vic1 says:

Jewel-because its to awful to even say.. everyone is a suspect… and you’re not alone in your thinking…

• jewelsc6 says:

Thanks that makes me feel a little better 🙂

• Eskie Mom says:

Agree. Mine is not a suspect, per se, but possibly a cause. (not sure “cause” is the right word. “Inadvertently providing an opportunity”, maybe)

I keep thinking about Tom Dees dropping this like a hot potato & what he said.

• DixieNurse says:

Right? Tom Dees was ALL IN one minute, completely gone the next…

• wanthetruth says:

I agree it seems this could be a part of the picture.

• notasmidgeon says:

Is that posted somewhere?

• Tracer Round says:

EskieMom, Remind me again who Tom Dees is and the possible implication for him dropping this. TIA

• Eskie Mom says:

Tom Dees is with Fox 13 in Memphis (I had to look up which station)
                  I’m going to try & find what he posted but basically, he said that you (a person type “you)
                  had to go there (to Panola County or Courtland- I forget which) to understand what happened, implying that if you looked into it there, you would (understand/ know what happened). Almost as if it was too much or too difficult/ awkward (maybe loaded) to describe. Tragic was my impression (beyond the obvious tragedy that it already is)
                  And then, he all but stopped commenting, just like that.

Lemme dig a little bit (or maybe this will jog someone who has more specific recollections) I didn’t want to leave you hanging, though.

• Eskie Mom says:

I thought it might have been posted on FB (because I don’t think he would have posted it as a news story) or Twitter. If it was on FB, it’s gone now & I don’t know how to get Tweets that far back. Some of the news stories have gone “page not found”, even though there are links on google.

It is here (screen cap) among the thousands of comments. He was there for several days or a week & it was the latter part of December (I believe).

7. pspsst says:

Could it be Lisa talked to Jessica at 5:48 pm -not 6:48 pm, since she’s an hour behind. Spoke until 6:13 pm, which locates Jessica in Courtland, just before she visits the residence maybe from within her car or inside the house. She tells mom she’s going to get a bite to eat and wash car.

• Lottacats says:

I’ve not quite caught up but …..as pspsst quotes:
      “Around 6:00 p.m., she left the [residence in courtland] and was seen in the area of Highway 6 near the first set of stoplights towards Batesville around 6:10 p.m. After she was there for about 10-15 minutes, investigators say she was seen back in the Courtland area at 6:30 p.m.”
      If she headed to Batesville via 51 to Hwy 6. there are stoplights, larger intersection, maybe a camera?. Several businesses. Walgreens, McDonalds, Tobacco store, liquor store owned by guy who owns the skyline motel (close too), Rascals gas convenience store with a auto wash if memory serves. That could be the first set of stop lights toward (in) B’ville that there might be cameras. The businesses may have cameras. Recently traffic cameras were installed on Hwy 6.

• MsSmallTown says:

What I would really love to know is “how” she was seen back in Courtland at 6:30. Would this be a witness who saw her or was there a location that she is possibly seen on camera (maybe back at M&M)?

So many unanswered questions.

• angie says:

Lisa said she checked the phone call time on her cellphone.Even is she was out of it, the cellphone would have the correct time.

• Alaskagurl says:

That’s about the only thing I believe from Lisa. She might be out of it most of the time but, her outgoing calls have the time, date and how long she talked to her.

8. pspsst says:

Picking up on other’s hunches, assuming that LE is way off the scent, what if Jessica was asked by Boone to make some quick weed deliveries to the Herron location as a set up for the torture and lesson she was to learn. Jessica frightened for her safety from the bitches, almost getting hurt the week before during a commotion, tries to patch things over, and do deliveries as a truce, a signal that she is not snitching. The parties decide to teach her a lesson for even daring to consider snitching. Gas was bought to scare her, but it went wrong?

• Alaskagurl says:

Are the witnesses credible? Who spotted Jessica at these locations? Was Jessica the one driving the car or someone else? Charlotte Wilkerson and Denise Tutor know who did this. Both of them need to be waterboarded. Maybe, they threatened Jessica’s mom or dad and she was allowed to answer the phone. “I love you momma” was her way of telling her one last time that she loved her. I’m sure LE has looked at Lisa’s cell phone records and have verified the call she made to Jessica.

• pspsst says:

Her last sentence is very disturbing in light of what happened. It could absolutely point to an ominous message too upsetting to consider.

I’m going by what some have suggested that Lisa being unreliable again and again, didn’t actually speak to Jessica because she’s unreliable and this is supported by the fact that this time around in detailing the timeline, Champion avoided mentioning Lisa’s phone call. Also LE would know where Jessica was between 630 and 730 if they had been able to triangulate around the 6:48-7:13 phone call time line. Just throwing out possibilities other than Lisa lying about a phone call.

• punkinseed says:

And that makes me wonder why? Why did Champion avoid saying anything about Lisa’s phone call and time? It is possible that the LE “forgot” about Lisa’s call on their timelines and ran with it. Sloppy? Maybe. But misinformation at a presser isn’t uncommon. Sometimes it’s deliberate, just to shake some trees and see what falls out. Cops can lie, obfuscate, anything they want to catch a killer, so it wouldn’t surprise me that the next presser addresses a little bit more info. and adds that, Oh, gobsmack, we hadn’t verified Lisa’s call yet, so we didn’t want to discuss it in the last press conference…so, now we can say that the time frame is more narrow since then…. Something along those lines.

• pspsst says:

Are the witnesses credible? Which witnesses? CW was released. As far as I can read only Ali has been cleared.

I don’t know, the press conference didn’t reveal.

• vin1vid1vic1 says:

“I love you momma” … heartbreaking.. Last words cutting both ways.. If it was thugs,they don’t just threaten, they wait until the right time and carry out the threats. ” I love you momma”..

• Lottacats says:

Although I know she does, my daughter always says “love you” at end of calls with me. Habit too, I’d guess. She does it by text as well most times too.

• Truhfilter says:

I’m sorry but “I love you Momma” doesn’t signify much to me. My daughters end every phone call with me with “I love you.”

• punkinseed says:

I get the “love you” as most of us do say that, but wouldn’t it stand out to you like a beacon if out of the blue your kid said, “I’ll clean my room when I get home,” or some other thing that you’d know was out of character.

9. pspsst says:

We need to find out why LE believe the perps are likely to be local. Jessica’s last words, evidence from crime scene, what? Local is a small net. Has Darby admitted which of his jail house, get out on weekend, and tails wagging the dog were free and carousing about in Batesville on Sat?

Assuming LE already checked any cars following her out of Batesville.

Whoever did this, not getting triangulated means they knew to leave their phones at home for alibi.

The entire crime probably took place during that block of time, 630 to approx. 8 pm. One of the perps turned it on her phone by mistake at 7:31 pm, or to check the time, or on purpose because thy thought the job was done, and they escaped etc.

They ran back home (if it were the Rudds) or drove out quickly, and called their boss (Ali? who?) that the job was done. Tow truck sent out to casually troll the 51. Tow truck probably filmed the burning car too for boss man to view later (if Ali). They must have triangulated Ali’s and tow phone #s already?

Did boss man have a throw away phone?

Lots to consider. I hope more insights and challenges will arrive tomorrow from others to help narrow things down.

• Alaskagurl says:

The perps may have turned on her phone to erase their contact information or text messages and pics. They may have used her phone during this time because they didn’t have their phones on them.

• Lottacats says:

Can’t even imagine anybody NOT having their phones with them. These young people are glued to their phones. One and only time I asked for my kids phone, there was a big fight cause she did not want to give it up. LOL Just sayin’

• angie says:

Jokes on them because LE can get all texts and photos from service provider.
        I think they used Jessica’s phone instead of their own phone either to let someone know to pick them up or to let them know the job was done.

10. Diane says:

I created an area map showing the timeline based on the most recent information released by LE…hope this helps….

• Diane says:

Sure wish we knew where she was seen “back in Courtland” around 6:30PM !

• 2+2 says:

excellent work Diane, thank you! You might want to add a note that JLC headed south when she left M&M; so according to LE timeline the residence would be south of there, unless she made a loop around behind the station and headed north on Carlyle.

• reconcharlie76 says:

@2+2 do we have tape on that, I was looking for this myself. TY

• punkinseed says:

We need a graphic showing JC’s car moving… like “Ticklebee” on the map.

• 2+2 says:

yes there is tape of her leaving M&M and turning south. She may have just made a loop around the station and gone north on Carlyle. Treepers estimate she left the station around 5:32 (6:32 if the timestamp is accurate). Someone pointed out that register receipts and gas pumps receipts are also timestamped for security and theft reasons so it is unlikely that the CCTV timestamp is wrong. A discrepancy would make it impossible to prosecute a thief.

Each time gas is pumped, the console or the pump will record whether payment has been received; if it has not, a shortage or cash discrepancy will automatically appear at the end of the shift. These recording systems are continually being made more secure

• jett black says:

Also, whether it’s just her car or specifically JLC seen at 6:30 in Courtland? If someone else was driving the car at that point, it creates a different time-frame for the criminal events leading up to the murder. Otherwise, this timeline, assuming Lisa’s call is correct, and the map suggest, to me anyway, a very focused time in which the murder had to have taken place and may preclude the “party” at the Skyline.

• punkinseed says:

I have not seen enough to anything like a “party” or any real link to JC being at the Skyline. If was, the CCTV at that location would have shown it. I am very skeptical about any party taking place.

• 2+2 says:

keep in mind the Skyline location is pure speculation based on Charlotte’s statement about a party and an unknown witness’s statements about JLC being abducted from a motel someplace. LE is now saying there was no party, so the motel story may be bogus as well. There are other motels in that area, it could be any of them if it did happen.

• Nycgal says:

Awesome, Diane!

• flyonthewall1 says:

Great work, Diane! I’m in awe of the treepers who can do work like this.
      One question – I missed the info about her car keys being found. Could someone please give me more info on this? Thanks.

• Diane says:

Chatter on Twitter that JC’s keys were found in a ditch in front of 124 Main St. You can google “keys found in ditch at 124 Main St” …and here’s one link:

• 2+2 says:

I thought her heart keychain was still in the ignition? Wasn’t that identified in the pictures?

• 2+2 says:

I have to say a big thank you to Diane. Her notes, links and references are impeccable, well-organized and readily available. Just one of the many Treepers who are making valuable contributions in seeking justice for Jessica without being judgmental and muddying the waters with emotion.

• flyonthewall1 says:

Thank you, Diane. I’m not sure I believe anything on Twitter. LOL But this is very interesting.

• reconcharlie76 says:

Nice Diane ***

• VegasGuy says:

Really helpful visual layout Diane……

Couple of points regarding the time line that has been laid out. She left home around 5 PM ( assuming the whole DST issue ala Ali) & she arrives at M&M at 5:24 PM, and is again seen at a “residence” before 6 PM, that leaves a lot of unaccounted time between spottings.

It did not take her 20 minutes to get to M&M, so she had to go somewhere first before arriving at M&M. Was there a trip to the “residence” prior to going to M&M? That is a clear possibility. 10 minute trip from home to the “residence” & 10 minutes back tto M&M, all before 5:24 PM. An anticipation of further back & forth trips to follow fits with a purchase of more gas than normally purchased, especially if Jessica kept the tank barely filled.

I am left with an impression of her anticipating multiple trips that evening involving back & forths between Courtland & Batesville. And I am beginning to think that “something went wrong” with one of those trips.

She is then seen in Batesville at 6:10 PM & we know from the M&M footage that she left there at 5:30 PM. Drive time to Batesville is under 10 minutes so the “residence” stop fits as being between M&M and Batesville and between the two.

She leaves M&M at 5:30 PM, heads to “residence”, stays there under 10 minutes, proceeds to Batesville & is seen at 6:10 PM . That timeline fits directionally. So the “residence” has to be within a 10 minute drive from M&M and less than 10 minutes from Batesville. Then reported back in Courtland at 6:30 PM. Where? Does she show up on later M&M footage that we have not seen?

Then add the mystery calls from Mom at 6:48 PM and her phone pinged at Herron at 7:31 PM.

Certainly a great deal of travel between various locations IMO. Little surprise she needed additional gas that night. And if so, she knew she would be traversing various locations for a while.

Some prior research uncovered the following potential residences (without naming names of the “players”)

2325 Henderson rd Batesville ms
        Under 10 miles 8 mi

3023 Henderson Rd Batesville ms
        11 miles 9 min

Skyline Motel Hwy 51 near Linker St
        5 miles – 5 mins
        Any of these destinations would fit the direction & the time line.

• Diane says:

Thanks VegasGuy – yes, the time she actually left home is not clear..and I agree with you, that leaving M&M at 5:24pm and arriving at “a residence” just before 6pm leaves about 30 minutes of unaccounted time

• Melanie says:

I thought the arrival time was 5:24, the departure time was 5:31 or 5:32–can’t remember which.

• 2+2 says:

arrival at M&M was 5:24. We estimated she left about 5:32 because she started pumping gas at about 5:28 but the vid of her leaving the station doesn’t show timestamp. I’ve posted exact known times somewhere on this thread.

• Eskie Mom says:

Thanks for this, Diane! LE isn’t confirming Lisa’s story about the phone call, otherwise the “gap” in information (or gaps) would be 7:14 & 7:31 (& 6:30 to 6:48).

Surely, Lisa would have asked “Where are you?” (or did I read that she said she did ask?). What was the answer?

Do traffic cameras show just the license plate or do they show the occupants of the vehicle, too? (On google street view, it looks like there is one on Woodland/ Keating. I can’t tell about Hwy 6)

• 2+2 says:

they usually get you coming and going so you can’t say you weren’t driving. That’s another reason for the laid back seats, shade and caps, tinted windows and visors down.

• David says:

Based on the timeline and the “private security cameras” and location I would bet the cameras were at the Sonic, where she got something to eat. From there my best guess would be she headed back down 55. There is a Rest Stop on 55 where I would guess, based on the statement that “she heard no noises” by Lisa, she stopped for the call. It is right before you get to McNeely rd…which if you exit, assuming there is an exit, is a straight shot to…..Herron rd. Rest area would also be a good place to meet someone and pick them up maybe.

Only thing that throws that off maybe, is “someone” seeing her back in Courtland at 6:30. As mentioned below, I wonder who that someone is that allegedly saw her back in Courtland? And was she alone?

• David says:

Whoops, no exit on McNeely rd. Just a mile or so south there is an exit on Hentz rd though.

So close to Memphis. So close to an Interstate that runs from Memphis to New Orleans. And a rest area right there that would be a great place to meet and transfer “items” for delivery. Probably nothing, just thinking out loud

• MsSmallTown says:

Yes… a gotcha! Thanks for pointing that out David. If it was me (country girl that I am) and I was going to pick up Derrick on McNeely and head up for a quick trip to Batesville, I would continue on to Eureka Rd, directly to Woodland Rd and the stop lights @ hwy 6. Time line would fit for a quick trip to pickup either food or drugs.

• David says:

That’s exactly right. And that would explain the southbound direction from
            M&M. Leave M&M going south then turn left on McNeely to Eureka Rd. That could easily the route she took to Batesville.

According to the video she left heading south. It wouldn’t make much sense to head south if she were planning on going to Batesville, which she did, unless she took that route.

• oldiadguy says:

“Woodland Rd and the stop lights @ hwy 6.” Thanks for this info, I thought there were overhead electric signals at this location.

• twoeyes1947 says:

Where could she have gone to the south? Theresa’s?

11. jewelsc6 says:

An hour gap. During which Lisa Daugherty and Jessica Chambers had a phone call for approximately 20 minutes (6:48pm to 7:08pm or 7:13pm according to mom Lisa Daugherty) This is the big question. It says Jessica talked to her Mom “according to Lisa Daugherty” so it sounds as if they they have no ping and can not verify it. Is Lisa lying???

• Betsy says:

Where did the 6:48 time come from? From Lisa’s phone? Or Lisa’s mouth? Initially it was reported that Ben Chambers said Lisa talked to Jessica at 7:20.

• angie says:

Ben said 7:20 in an interview but with all of the chaos involved. It seems he was mistaken. Maybe Lisa said something like she was talking to Jessica about 7 for about 20 minutes and Ben heard 7pm and 20 and jumped to 7:20. Completely understandable with everything going on the night Jessica was murdered.
        Lisa used the cellphone time stamp when talking about her last phone call with Jessica.

12. Nycgal says:

Musings from a former investigative reporter on news conference and inconsistencies:
    * “We have confidence of a core group who didn’t do it. But that could change at a moment’s notice.” What?????
    *. In commenting on perp(s) and crime scene “…they don’t leave any evidence.” What???? This is Forensics 101. Of course they left evidence–tire tracks or footprints or something dropped or fibers that weren’t burned near the car. There is always an exchange of evidence–from victim to perp and perp to crime scene. But this crime scene was botched.

*She may have left a time or two.” What??? So Jessica may not have been in the house all day? Where did she go? What was she doing? It’s all important. Nail this down!
    * “We have a photograph from another video source. I’m not gonna say where it was but we know where she was going.” Champion, you are soliciting help from the public yet refuse to disclose this location? Why??? Again, important.

Champion’s time frame puts Jessica at the other house for only a moment. Still important for public to know when soliciting information

*How do we reconcile the alleged phone call with Lisa occurring during time frame in which LE says there’s ” the gap?”
    *What are the possibilities for 1hour gap from cell phone info?
    *What are possibilities that suddenly at 7:31 we have info putting at least the cell phone at Heron Rd location?

“They’re very well up-to-date with what’s going on.” Champion, on the family.
    One reporter asked a great question about any parallel investigation into criminal activity and if Champion had any reason to believe that Jessica was involved in criminal activity. Champion brushes this off. Why??? Valid question. Does this mean that LE didn’t even consider this possibility?
    “EVERYBODY IS STILL A SUSPECT AT THIS POINT.” ~John Champion

• Chewbarkah says:

Champions presentation makes me think of Shakespeare’s observation on Life in MacBeth. I wonder what the FBI makes of his Timeline, and it’s basis. Has the timeline been tortured to make Ali’s DST issue work? it adds an hour, yet Champion ends up with an inexplicable hour. Hmm…

• vin1vid1vic1 says:

Champion and the local LE are well aware there are criminal activities. They might live in a time warp town but there is a buzz of activity of drugs and crime on a daily basis. They had better seize the opportunity to clean that rat’s nest up while they’ve got the outside people rattling cages. Everyone IS a suspect. That is the only honest thing they’ve said.

Something Ali said in one of his 15 minutes of fame interviews speaking of Jessica was that she went back to her house. It seemed like something he had heard from someone at the beginning when the news people were in town. He may have known something with truth. Maybe Jessica DID go back home and then left again. That alleged hour of missing time???????????

• David says:

Yea, Champions now saying “everyone’s a suspect”.

180 degrees from what he said in his original statement. Which was “we have no suspects”. Also, “we don’t expect any arrests, anytime in the near future” or something to that affect .

• Nycgal says:

Yes, David, that’s exactly what Champion said about not expecting arrests any time soon and this was in the infancy of the investigation. I think it might have been in the first interview. I have never heard any LEO say that before. Ever. This raised a huge red flag for me (and everyone else). And that red flag is still waving high above Courtland.

I’d love a reporter to ask: Why did you make that highly unusual statement before the investigation even got off the ground?
          What did you know then that caused you to make that statement?
          I’ve always felt that this statement set the tone for the entire investigation.

• 2+2 says:

I thought I heard that too, I was looking for a link to that interview. If JLC turned south out of M&M but just doubled back on Carlyle, dropped cigs off at home and continued to Batesville? Also, where in Courtland was she at 6:30, if that timeline is right? Is that a ping or a sighting?

• vin1vid1vic1 says:

54 second mark…. Ali Alsanai “People say she went HOME..

• vin1vid1vic1 says:

Ali Alsanai Interview on youtube . At the 54 second mark . He is saying: People said she went home… Tried to post it here, it wouldn’t post. Typed in Jessica Chambers Ali Alsanai

• vin1vid1vic1 says:

Ali was being interviewed in front of the M&M . Asked about where Jessica went afterwards . He is telling what is being said by locals. He states some people said she went home….

13. Alan says:

SIDE NOTE TO US MARSHALLS (Who, I hope, read this). Check who had their cell phones OFF during that missing hour. Regards, Me

14. RC Barnes says:

Sandy Rudd Facebook post at 6:18 reference to the young boy that was set on fire in Ferguson for snitching as they call it

15. 180daysofkindergarten says:

Excellent summary of what strikes me, Nycgal. Champion opens his mouth and I’m left scratching my head. I swear he only speaks to impress on people that this is not a cold case.
    I have always thought they know who did it. I still think so.

• Chewbarkah says:

In part, he likely wants to demonstrate that HE is still the lead investigator, not the FBI. This demonstration would undermine the FBI’s billboard campaign to solicit witnesses who are afraid that anything they tell local LE will go directly to the gangsta’s.

• wanthetruth says:

I noticed, in the video he gave the sheriff’s office as a place to call with info – the billboards don’t give that as a reference to call.

• Nycgal says:

Thank you, 180. And you’re right; the more he opens his mouth, the more head-scratching there is.

16. MsSmallTown says:

Can anyone please help me confirm the Ali photo timestamp? I keep seeing reference to 9:30 but I still have a memory of the timeline being at the time of closing which was 11:00 pm? I’m at work and don’t have access to all the interviews or to Facebook. Can someone please post the timestamp on the photos?

Thank you!

17. jewelsc6 says:

Spent a day looking for a CW new FB could not find one, she is really off the grid ..Does anyone know if she is in jail?

18. 2+2 says:

has anyone noticed that the links to some of the videos no longer work, the videos are gone? This morning I can find only one of the surveillance videos online.

19. Maybe Lisa will sell a few more cheesey teeshirts.

20. Ziiggii says:

does Lisa have any alias’? Was she ever a resident at Leah’s House? Did anyone find a DOB?

Is this Lisa Daugherty Chambers Hudson?

21. Ziiggii says:

Word Press hates me….!

Lacie Sykes?

Edit by admin – if you are not 100% positive that it IS Lacie Sykes (add: [added for clarification on my part 😉 ] and that there is good reason to post her photo in connection with this case) the photo should not be posted at all.

• Ziiggii says:

never mind, looks like I let a squirrel loose in the treehouse… sorry all!

• Ziiggii says:

thank you Admin… It is Lacie Sykes and it was a inadvertent squirrel on my part. Thought it might have been an alias for Lisa Daugherty. I apologize!

• flyonthewall1 says:

Admin. I hope you will remove this photo of this woman who is completed unrelated to this case. This is very disturbing.

• Ziiggii says:

Sry Fly, this was removed several hours ago, but I think there is something up with WordPress. It was in error on my part and I apologize.

• 2+2 says:

ziiigg, Just for clarification and research purposes, I think her married name was Lisa Lynn Daugherty Chambers. Jessica was the baby. Amanda Hudson Prince and Chris Hudson are her older half-sibs. She was also married to a Hudson (children: Amanda, Chris); and a McClenic (children: Brandon, Steven). Jessica has two other sisters, Ashley and Grace Chambers. Not sure if they are full sib or half sib. I believe Ashley is older than Jessica and Grace is the baby sister, mother Debbie. Not sure about those.

• flyonthewall1 says:

No problem Ziig. I just don’t like people’s photos posted or even closeups of people’s homes and addresses. There are too many crazies out there who might harm someone connected to this case. I’ve seen crazies on Twitter using info from here to harass people. I know they can look up all the info I mentioned. But if they are going to harass, threaten, or hurt someone, I say let them do their own work finding them. 🙂

• Ziiggii says:

Understood and agree. I was a little over zealous and didn’t finish researching before I posted. Within a few minutes of posting I realized what I had done.

22. firefly says:

Hope this link works.. The Panolian.

23. David says:

Sundance. You misread what Katrina Rankin tweeted. Maybe just a mistake or her part. I haven’t seen the interview. If a mistake, a big one. Here is what she tweeted:

Timeline continued: Jessica at 6:30 back in Courtland area, 7:31 body was found, 8:09 fire called made.

She tweeted that the body was found at 7:31 and not until 8:09 was the fire call made. Huge difference!

So, mistake? Her tweet is the only thing I have to go by. Unless someone has heard the interview?

• DixieNurse says:

Just a thought about those tweets from yesterday–it seems to me that the media was trying to be the first to report whatever was said in the press conference. My feeling is that the information was posted in haste, without having been properly processed by those reporters. Doesn’t make it right, and there is no excuse for bad reporting, but I think that’s what happened with that…

• MissMagnolia says:

That’s exactly what happened. I followed the press conference then read the article immediately following which was edited a few times before the night was over for accuracy. The first posting was as you said…a race to be first.

• Donald Joy says:

Katina Rankin is not intelligent enough to have gotten it right; she misinterpreted what Champion said, made a glaring error when she posted that Tweet, and when I got on her case about it on Twitter, she blocked me after she stubbornly insisted that she didn’t misinterpret what was said in the presser.

Someone on Twitter wrote to me about her ongoing correspondence with Rankin, saying Rankin still insists she didn’t misinterpret Champion’s press conference statements!

• Donald Joy says:

Here’s the full press conference. Champion repeatedly refers to JC being determined to have been at the scene of where she was found at 7:31 pm. Katina Rankin ignorantly interpreted that to mean her body was found at the scene at 7:31:

24. Ziiggii says:

One thing Champion did say but hasn’t been noted is that the US Attorney’s Office in Oxford is involved providing an “analyst” (whatever that vagueness may mean).

I have watched and re-watched this interview more times than I can count and a few things continually stand out. Champion needs a PR coach and/or get his facts straight before he opens that pie hole (he says two different things when asked further inquiries on the same subject). And the Press Corps around Panola County are straight up incompetent.

“A lot of great technology used and we still have no idea who didn’t do ’nuffin… it’s frustrating; I guess that’s the right word for it?!?”
    – DA John Champion

Must be nice to be a MS State Attorney and only ever wear a suit (heck a shirt and tie even) when you have to be in the Courtroom. Great way to represent the State of Mississippi to the rest of the nation there Mr. DA.

Rant over

25. suzlady says:

I’m not sure of anything, but IMO;

If someone was with JC in her car and committed the crime, there would have to be someone else to provide the gas for burning—–so the person committing the crime would have to call for help, or if they lived close to the crime could have left and returned with the gas.
    If she was meeting someone it could be one person committing the crime. This person would be in another vehicle, but could have another person with him/her.

If there were pings from other phones that belong to someone living close to the crime area, the DA would have to prove that JC was seen with that person. A ping from a cell phone of person or persons living on the road where the crime occurred (forgot the name of the road) would not be unusual.
    IMO they know who committed the crime but cannot put this person or persons at the crime without having a visual of JC being with this person or persons.

• MissMagnolia says:

I don’t know much either but is it possible that Jessica was “lured” out to Herron road to help someone who ran out gas (or lied about running out) and Jessica gives ride to eventual crime scene with perpetrator and gas can in the car with her. Second perp waiting in car when they arrive with gas to help in getaway? I forget what that one girl’s name was but she stated that Jessica played a role in her own demise and didn’t even know it (or something to that affect).

Just racking my brain of scenarios of potential possibility….

26. maggiemoowho says:

On the 12/19/2015 CTH Jessica Chambers discussion thread @4:11 pm Joshandcrew posted a FB post that Leslie Danielle Hall had posted about Jessica. I think it may prove that Jessica’s phone was used around 7:00 pm on Dec 6th.

**Look at the reply that Leslie Danielle Hall gave to her FB friend Nathon on 12/18/14 @12:56pm, Leslie wrote: ” I just looked at the pic and it shows the time I took the screen shot 12:08 am, so it was her(meaning Jessica) on it about 7:00pm the night it happened.”

• jakeandcrew says:

Yes, that was me. I’ve actually been looking back at those screenshots today. I still think there’s something fishy going on there. I’m not tech-savvy, but looking it over again today, it seems to me that Leslie must have had access to Jessica’s phone at 12:08 am on the night she died. Sounds crazy, but I can’t see any other explanation.

• 2+2 says:

Leslie’s convo with Jessica was in October. How is she saying it was December 6?

• 2+2 says:

ziiig, there’s that winged heart again, on that screenshot.

• jakeandcrew says:

The conversation was from October, but Leslie Danielle took the screenshots after Jessica had been found on fire and flown to the hospital. That’s what the conversation between Leslie and her FB friend, Angela, is about.

Leslie posted the screenshots on facebook on Monday morning, 12/8. A few days later, on 12/12, Angela asks her, “When did you screenshot this?”

Leslie replied, “Monday, but I guess her mama or someone was on her page, looking for clues or something.”

(“her page” sounds like a Facebook page, or something on a computer, but those screenshots look like texts on a phone.)

Angela – “Oh okay, I was just wondering if you noticed that too lol…”

Leslie – “Haha yeah I did”

Angela – “If it wasn’t her mom tho, it might would be helpful information.”

Leslie – “I’m about to email her mama now”

Angela – “Good! :)”

A few days later, Leslie writes back to Angela, “I just looked at the pic and it shows the time I took the screenshot 12:08 am so it was her (referring to Jessica) on it the day it happened.”

(The screenshot shows 12:08 AM, Jessica Chambers, Active 5h ago)

Angela – “If you took the screenshots on monday that’s not right? she passed away sunday at 2 something, didn’t she?”

Leslie – “I done got confused I think I took them Sunday at 12 am and then posted it Monday, I can’t remember”

Angela – “Lol okay”

How could Leslie take screenshots from Jessica’s phone at 12:08 am the night it happened?

• angie says:

Leslie still had the October text conversation with Jessica on her phone is what I thought. Leslie took the screen shot from her own phone.

• jakeandcrew says:

It would certainly make more sense if she used her own phone to take the screenshots, but there are several things that contradict that –

“Jessica Chambers” is the name on the phone, with the current time of the screenshot, and the last time the phone was active. If this was Danielle’s phone, it might have Jessica’s name on the page where she and Danielle were texting, but Danielle’s phone wouldn’t have the last time Jessica’s phone was active. Both Danielle and Angela are under the impression that the last active time refers to Jessica’s phone, not Danielle’s. If it was Danielle’s phone, then she could have easily explained the whole thing away.

The texts themselves have Jessica’s texts flush against the left margin, and Danielle’s are indented. On my phone, my texts are flush against the side, and the incoming texts are indented. I don’t know about other kinds of phones, but that seems to be standard.

Danielle and Angela’s entire conversation implies that whatever those screenshots were taken from, it belonged to Jessica.

• angie says:

Do you have a link to the screenshot or is it still I’m Leslie Danielle’s photo page? I don’t doubt what you say. It gives me a new way to look at the picture. Ever since I saw it a couple,of months ago, I thought Leslie had just taken a screen shot of her own phone.

• angie says:

Thank-you, Diane. That’s the picture I saw. It’s the one that I thought Leslie took a screen shot from her phone. Can someone explain what makes it seem that it comes from Jessica’s phone? I have an iPhone and when I text, mine show in color and the other person’s texts are in gray just like in Leslie’s picture. I believe Jessica had an Android phone. Do conversations show the same way on those?
                  Since the police took Sha Sha in pretty quickly because she had either spoken to or texted Jessica, I was under the impression that LEO had Jessica’s phone from the beginning.

• jakeandcrew says:

I apologize for not replying to you earlier, Angie. I have to confess, I fell asleep trying to figure out how to post the screenshot again. It’s been awhile since I’ve done that, and “tech-y” kinds of things don’t have a long shelf life in my brain. Lol

MsSmallTown solved the mystery for me – this is not from a phone, it’s from Facebook messenger.

• MsSmallTown says:

Jake, that appears to be Facebook Messenger. If someone is logged in to facebook either by phone or computer, it shows the user as active. IMO, It shouldn’t be used as an accurate time record. What happens is that if I log onto my phone and connect to my facebook app, it shows me as active. If i have logged in and left the app open, even if i’m not currently using it, this will still show me “active”. I become inactive only after an extended timeout which would close connection to Facebook. I wouldn’t put too much faith in the “last active” time.

• jakeandcrew says:

Thank you, MsSmallTown. I knew there was a good chance that I was completely wrong about the phone, so you’ve put my mind to rest, and I can stop thinking about this angle! Now Leslie’s comment about Jessica’s mama being on her page makes more sense.

• 2+2 says:

yeah i finally figured it out when I was on FB this morning. That “last active” means Jessica last used her phone during the hour 5 hours before. So if the screen shot was at 12:08am CST, Jessica was last on her phone between 7:08pm and 8:08pm CST. Which means that she could have been on the phone with Lisa, AND made the 911 call herself.

• 2+2 says:

ok here’s a thought. JESSICA made the 911 call herself. Had her phone on her when EMTs got there. Family notified friends, and Danielle was at the hospital with them. Lisa was in the room with Jessica, Danielle maybe caretaker for whatever belongings Jessica still had with her. I can’t read that post, it’s way too small for my eyes. Need to check her FB Dec 6, see where she was.

• jakeandcrew says:

Danielle did not go to the hospital with the family, but another friend (Taylor) did. There was an argument about that on Danielle’s FB. I have the screenshots, I’ll post them tomorrow when eyes aren’t quite so blurry. 🙂

Danielle posted at 12:42 am (Sunday) that her best friend from high school had just passed away. At 1:29 am she posts a correction – that Jessica had been burned badly, but was still alive at the hospital. Taylor was the one who let her know.

At 1:41 am, Sandy Rudd, of all people, shares Danielle’s post about Jessica still being alive. I checked Danielle’s friends list – Sandy is not on it, not now anyway.

If Jessica’s phone was not found until a few days after the murder, then the killers could have taken her phone with them, and brought it back to the scene a day or so later, and thrown it close to where her car had been. They wouldn’t want to stop and put it somewhere carefully – wouldn’t want to be seen. They’d probably just slow down long enough to toss it.

If Danielle had Jessica’s phone that night…

• 2+2 says:

Thank you Jake. I figured out how the screenshot was taken, it was on Danielle’s messenger, so she did not have Jessica’s phone. IMO it does verify that Jessica’s phone was active during that one hour time frame 5 hours before, between 7:08 and 8:08 pm. The 911 was approximately 8:09. Jessica made the call.

Thank all of you for posting those screenshots. Immensely helpful!

• maggiemoowho says:

I agree with you. I really feel that something is very sour about this whole case.

27. pspsst says:

Holmes, R. M. and Holmes, S. T. (1996) Profiling Violent Crimes: An Investigative Tool, London:
    Sage

“Goal is to gain revenge for real or imagined injury. When women commit arson it tend to be motivated by revenge. Tend to distance selves from scene and do not tend to return. “The precipitating factor in this form of arson is a personal affront to the offender, whether real or
    imagined. It should be noted that sometimes the affront occurs several months or even years before the arsonist decides to take revenge by setting a fire.

Pertains to Bryan and female Rudds

There’s other motives for arson. The LEs need to find a criminal psychologist. I’ll try to read and post more but later.

28. 2+2 says:

This is off topic, but I don’t know where else to post. Ziiig you might want to add this to your Rudd file. I can’t get a screen shot of the comments but they are interesting.

FYI, welfare and EITC fraud:
    She is referring to the EITC here.

Sandy Letmeshowuhowtodoitbetta Rudd
    February 24, 2014 ·
    MOTHER OR NOT NEXT YEAR U AIN’T USEIN MY DAMN KIDS U BETTA GET YO TUBES UNTIED CAUSE U DONE FUCKED ME FOR DA LAST TIME.NOW I SEE WHY NOBODY ELSA WOULD LET U USE THEY KIDS.I GUESS U GONE LET JOE DRINK AND SMOKE ALL THAT UP.BUT REMEMBER DON’T NEVER ASK TO USE MINES CAUSE U AIN’T!!!!!!!!

• Ziiggii says:

huh, momma Rudd was using the grandkids to get benefits??? Momma started them real early I see….

• Byrd says:

Wow, just wow!

• flyonthewall1 says:

This needs to be reported. Who was it on here who said she had reported some welfare fraud she/he had found on FB? Maybe she/he already reported this. I hope.

• 2+2 says:

Single parent and head of household status makes it easy to get away with it, and it’s the primary reason the welfare queens don’t get married. They are able to get away with this because the IRS and state systems don’t cross-check kids socials to see if they are claimed by the same parents SS # every year. It’s more difficult for divorced parents to commit the fraud, especially if there is child support involved. The parent with custody is the one who can claim them, unless that parent gives the exemption to the other parent.

29. Roy says:

I guess I’m confused. If everyone is a suspect according to Champion then why was Ali “cleared?”

Ali didn’t waste any time skedaddling from town to New York. Why?

Am I off the trail thinking that LE cleared him, thus allowing him to depart in an attempt to push the larger federal investigation out of the picture? Did Jessica’s murder put a monkey wrench into the bigger investigation, or did her murder exponentially complicate covering up the other criminal activity being investigated? If Ali was suspected of running a safe house for illegal Yemenis, and possibly other things like guns and drugs then might he not be connected to a much larger network leading to high places that simply cannot be exposed?

I can’t stop thinking that Jessica’s murder is an unexpected “complication” to a very large criminal network. Of course it’s very possible my thinking is in the wrong direction, but the very public clearing of Ali and his departure really bother me.

You people here are incredibly focused detectives and I admire your perseverance. You’re all Jessica has. Kudos to you all.

• 2+2 says:

Exactly. If everyone is a suspect, why was he cleared so early? Answer: IMO think he cut a deal to avoid underage arms and alcohol charges. He can travel but he can’t leave the USA. Just because he was cleared of being at the scene, doesn’t mean he isn’t still a person of interest, or a witness or accessory. He hightailed it to NY because of death threats, drama, and because he “had a lot of s**t to straighten out,” as he’s told his FB groupies.

• Roy says:

Who do you think issued death threats to him, and why? Were the black gangs buying his arms?

• 2+2 says:

he was underage and wearing a handgun and assault rifle. I have no idea if he was dealing arms. He was underage and supposedly the owner of a Cstore that sells alcoholic beverages. Even if not the owner, he was an underage clerk there selling alcoholic beverages. Also suspect he sells blunts, but that’s not proven.

• 2+2 says:

he recorded death threats on his phone, both voice and text, they were played in an interview.

• reconcharlie76 says:

BINGO

• punkinseed says:

That’s why the “Fruit of the Poisonous Tree” comes to mind. Not exactly the same, but similar.

• justfactsplz says:

I’m right there with you and posted my thoughts about this in this thread. I haven’t cleared Ali in my mind one bit. This goes way beyond Jessica’s murder. I’m convinced terrorist cells were being investigated or at least one terrorist with big connections.

Comments are closed.