Ted Cruz At Values Voter Summit

Complete remarks by Ted Cruz, October 10, 2013:

I won’t express my opinions – let this man speak for himself – and very few are as well qualified as he is to do just that!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Ted Cruz At Values Voter Summit

1. stella says:

It is amazing the large number of planted hecklers there were at this speech. They are truly afraid of this man! And he handles it so beautifully.

2. SandyLester says:

Brilliant as always.

3. Sharon says:

I’m about 2/3 of the way through. His capacity for calm and decisive confrontation that doesn’t invite escalation is astounding.

• stella says:

I wonder if it is because of his background in formal debate and his exposure to public political debate during his teens and twenties? Of course, he’s a lawyer who has argued before the Supreme Court! It is a remarkable person who can keep his cool in such situations.

• stella says:

And then, there’s this:

Famed Harvard Law School professor Alan Dershowitz ranks Sen. Ted Cruz among the school’s smartest students, adding that the Canada-born Texan can run for president in 2016.

Cruz was a “terrific student,” Dershowitz told The Daily Caller. “He was always very active in class, presenting a libertarian point of view. He didn’t strike me as a social conservative, more of a libertarian.”

ADD:

Cruz’s “career has not surprised me. I thought he would go on to accomplish important things.”

“His movement toward social conservatism has surprised me a little bit,” Dershowitz added, but “people will change and perhaps when you are at Harvard Law School you are less likely to espouse a socially conservative point of view.”

Cruz “was an outstanding student in my class,” Dershowitz said. “Without a doubt he is among the smartest students I’ve ever had… I’ve had great students but he has to be at the top of anyone’s short list, in terms of raw brain power.”

• Sharon says:

Yup–all of this. ;)

4. Bill Be says:

If only the repub leadership did not have that yellow streak on their back and actually fight to defeat the obama and his bunch of raving demons like the ones who got in this meeting!

5. Christina says:

We need more Senators like Cruz. He IS the heart and soul of our Country. I would proudly be honored to Vote for Cruz in the next election. Another true patriot with morals and love of God and Country is Allen West. Our world needs more of these men.

6. no agenda says:

Ted Cruz is a true leader and visionary. I want this man on the ballot for President in 2016.

7. Love, love, love this man. What a great patriot and leader he is. It sickens me to watch him being denigrated by his peers in Congress. If they could have just half of this man’s integrity we may have chance of turning this country around. I completely agree with the statement Cruz made: The complete erosion of our freedoms and destruction of our country is less than 10 years away if we don’t stop the progressives. God bless Ted Cruz and Mike Lee and any others who are wiling to lay it on the line for us.

8. justfactsplz says:

Thank you Stella. I missed this earlier. He handled the hecklers with such poise, grace, and respect (which they did not deserve). If he will run in 2016 I will donate all of my time working in his headquarters here locally. May God keep him and Lee safe to continue their work and add to their ranks.

9. monasuzy says:

This man is Great! I hope he runs for Prez !

10. Ooof! How’d ya like to follow him on stage?

As a general rule I don’t watch long videos but Ted Cruz sucks me in every single time.

11. lorac says:

Lord I wish we could put in our White House today! Absolutely brilliant. Calm, cool, collected with those hecklers. I have to laugh at Mooochelle’s reaction to the heckler over Ted Cruz’s reaction. Professionalism at its finest.

12. deqwik2 says:

I watched all the morning & 1st part of the afternoon & came away with such a sense of how weak & ungodly our President really is. The light that I see in Ted Cruz makes me wonder how in the world we could get so far off course & why couldn’t a man even half like him like be found the past couple of elections. I so wanted Cruz to be our President NOW. The last speaker in the part 1 of the afternoon, Joel Rosenberg spoke of Israel & warned that that will be the next divider of our country if we are not careful. (Some will not want to support & some will). He told them that if you pray for the peace of Jerusalem, you will be blessed. God will either punish the leader or the nation as a whole. This is another reason we need a strong leader like Cruz that is willing to stand with Israel & not isolate her like Obama is doing. Cruz for President !

13. deqwik2 says:

I have to share something I just read & must say I would have never thought of an analogy like this to compare what Cruz did when he stood against Obamacare at the 11th hour. He compared it to a blackjack game. http://sureshotradiohour.wordpress.com/2013/10/02/of-blackjack-and-filibusters-timidity-and-temerity/