Not surprising, but at least the potentially uninsured kids will be safer now they are required to wear helmets while playing soccer “and all other non contact sports” while on field. Can you imagine the humiliation you’d feel on a NJ track team ?   LOL….

New Jersey - Hundreds of thousands of New Jerseyans opened the mail last week to find their health insurance plan would no longer exist in 2014 because it does not cover all the essential benefits required by the Affordable Care Act.

The news surprised some who were unaware that provisions in the new law known as “Obamacare” were forcing insurance companies to scrap some plans they had previously offered.

“The Affordable Care Act is driving many changes to products and pricing,” said Thomas Vincz, a spokesman for Horizon. “Horizon BCBSNJ is actively working to help our members find new insurance plans that meet their needs and budget.”

The changes will impact more than 800,000 people in New Jersey who purchase insurance on the individual and small-employer markets, according to Ward Sanders, president of the New Jersey Association of Health Plans.  (read more)

About these ads
This entry was posted in Obamacare, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Report: Blue Cross Blue Shield To Drop Up To 800,000 New Jersey Residents Due To Obamacare..

1. Stormy says:

Just 51,000 people completed Obamacare applications during the website’s first week, out of tens of millions of Americans in 36 states… according to two sources inside the Department of Health and Human Services who gave MailOnline an exclusive look at the earliest enrollment numbers.

Daily Mail Exclusive

2. myopiafree says:

Obama CARE, is becoming Obama SCARE. What a disaster. But what I hate most is FORCING a person to BUY something he does NOT WANT TO BUY. Put a gun to his head, and force him to do it. There has GOT to be a better way than that. This is the basis of a police-state.

• Sharon says:

No one is being forced to buy health insurance. They are losing their current policies and if they want insurance, obamacare will be their only option. So they don’t have a choice of insurers, but they do have the option of going without coverage. The point is discussed on AT today.

“Do I need to have insurance?”

[from a brochure that the author references] “Yes. The ACA requires all Americans have health care coverage ‘that meets basic minimum standards.’ ”

I said to my wife, “That’s flat-out false,” and I sent a brief, indignant note to CVS from my iPad telling them of their mistake, and why they were wrong.

Then it occurred to me — although I know that the CVS website statement is untrue, most Americans are acting as if, indeed, the federal government has ordered them to buy health insurance,>/U> or else.

If someone is willing to incur the tax liability, they are within the law if they choose not to purchase obamacare insurance. That does not lessen the indignation that is being foisted on Americans, but the point of the AT piece probably needs to be added to the conversation.

Especially the young people who don’t need the added expense–need to understand this: they are not in violation of “the law” if they do not purchase insurance.

• jordan2222 says:

You have made an excellent point. There are so many lies about Obamacare that many people do not know what to believe. They all should be addressed by a credible source so folks can try to comprehend what the hell is going on. My very conservative daughter is married to a very liberal lawyer, who naturally supports this disaster. I would love to hear what he says now, after my daughter has never been able to get online but once. She was at the security questions, but there were no questions in the drop down box.

I am thinking this was planned, just like I believe the certain, soon to come, implosion of Obamacare was planned as a step toward single payer health care.

• Sharon says:

What the author says about the assumption on the part of most people that “everyone has to have health insurance” is true. I was embarrassed to realize I had rolled along with that assumption as well.

It seems like he is crystal clear on the thing, and with good reason. I’m curious as to why he waited until now to speak up. It may just be that the pieces and the opportunity to say something hadn’t come together.

The health care system has been seriously degraded. Medicare is being gutted. When obamacare implodes, that will not mean a return to what was, because what was is not there any more.

• That is my concern-that what we had before will not be there. Our/my current plan at $222/mo that is going to $511/mo Jan 1st regardless if Obummercare is in or not. Does anyone think once the insurance companies have moved and shifted people to higher cost plans or gotten rid of them that they will let us revert back to the old plan and refund the money or reinstate lost coverage when Obummercare falls apart. I do not think so. This mandated insurance has so many paths of destruction it is only ones guess as to which one to traverse causing the least amount of damage while wearing so called blinders.

3. Stormy says:

… the government spent $634MILLION on the Obamacare website – more than it cost to build Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, and it STILL doesn’t work..

4. czarowniczy says:

Probably going to be more BC-BS plans there and other places dropped. BC-BS frequently just underwrites policies a group starts up. A lot of times these underwritten plans have fewer benefits than a more expensive plan from BC-BS or another carrier. As these plans bump up against Obamacare’s demands that certain features be in a plan, whether the subscribers want them or not, those plans will generally fold, it will be too expensive to include them for the smaller group the plan was originally designed for. Obamacare’s not forcing plans to close, they’re merely removing the fish from the water.

• jordan2222 says:

I am concerned that people on Medicare Part B will not be able to continue with the plans that they currently have. United Health Care went out of business, with no warning earlier this year, and I shopped around to find a similar plan with Coventry. Now Coventry will no longer cover us so we all have to go shopping again. I expect that the best plans will be discontinued by many, if not, all of them. Many might just get out of Medicare completely, meaning we will have fewer choices.

• Spar Harmon says:

You are confusing me, Jordan2222,…I’ve had AARP United HC Supplemental, no deductible, $150 to current $207/ mo, since 2006 when these plans were first offered.
        So how could UHC have gone out of business??? The rise in rate matches to schedule of rate increase as I age that I was quoted in 2006.
        Approaching Oct 1 and continuing, I’ve been hearing via this site of statewide shutdowns of Aetna and others, but not nationwide. Many are in California which has been at war with all insurance over regulatory issues. Insurance companies are not like most businesses in my observation. Insurance is a gambling business; their euphemism for figuring odds is actuarial accounting. If Aetna pulls out of California it is because their odds makers say it is no longer a state where the odds work in their favor. Same with car insurance: rates with the same company will vary according to where you will be operating the vehicle, based on actuarial analysis (ODDS-MAKING).
        Now, with Obama care, the health plan companies are resetting the odds, which I bet is a huge headache of a process. My understanding is that the Companies approved to serve the SS Medicare Supplemental market, about 80 companies in 2006, segregate that aspect of their business and actuarial accounting is pretty cut and dried, does not vary from state to state, and is closely regulated. United seems to have captured a major share of this market , and it prospers them. So far it appears sacrosanct/protected from Obama’s Care Less Plan.
        So, I don’t understand why you are having a problem, unless you are not in the sheltered cul-de-sac I am in. That is Soc.Sec./Medicare/Supplemental, 67+ years old.
        Not trying to be nosy, I just thought we were in the same basic situation….

• czarowniczy says:

Yep, I have Tricare for Life for my Medicare 2ndary and the DoD’s trying to pass on more premium costs to us. All part of that great plan to gert that pesy Pig in a Python demographic to ‘pass’.

• jordan2222 says:

As my best friend has consistently said since the last election, we are screwed. We are outnumbered. No one is going to vote to give up free stuff. This administration has implemented their plan to make recipients beholden to the Progs. This is an inevitable train wreck in progress.

Obamacare was carefully and intentionally designed to fail so the Progs can take us to single payer health care. I cannot blame them because they were successful, something the Republicans cannot claim in recent times about anything except for letting us all down. The old school guys are major contributors to our plight. You know who they are. Our great white hope is a new kid on the block, named Ted Cruz who knows the Constitution better than anyone on the Hill with the exception of a retiring Congressman named Ron Paul. Aside from him, name one other person who abides by their oath of office. Just one, please. That means that none of them will ever be impeached. YES indeed, we are screwed.

I am getting too old to fight politically.The vote is now impotent, powerless to make constructive changes. I have prepared my daughters and will let them fight the good fight that I have fought all of my life. However, if a rebellion were to develop, I will be ready to ride at dawn from the the big tree. I will never be too old to pick up arms again. Neither of us were willing every day to give up our lives for this. WOLVERINES!!!!!

Sorry to get so long winded but it is good to see you. Later I will tell you how recent changes in our laws about controlled substances have made it virtually impossible to get what we need. You will not believe it. I will try to post the changes on an open thread. I spent four hours today trying to get them without success.

• czarowniczy says:

Only options are (a) fight, (b) surrender and get ground into sausage. The Democrats started tossing free stuff off of the rooftops in the mid-60s and let it get so far out of control that it is next to impossible to reel it back in. Largest ‘employer’ in New Orleans pre-Katrina was the Federal welfare system, a huge Ponzi scheme run by local politicians that created welfare queens and fed off of them. Welfare’s still a huge business here but not quite as large as it was pre-storm – a lot of the queens were sent to other areas to reign in/rain on. Hello Houston! A big thank you post-Katrina from many in the city of New Orleans – hope you liked the gift!

5. justfactsplz says:

A lot of progs are in for a rude awakening when they find out just how much Obamacare is going to cost them, and I don’t mean just monetarily.

6. 458winmag says:

I just can’t help but to chuckle when they call insurance a ‘product’. In the real world, a ‘product’ has some kind of physical properties that can be ‘seen’ in a tactile sense.These insurance companies seem to have an inflated sense of worth. After all, insurance is the very thing that has priced normal people out of the health care market. That is, unless they can afford to purchase a promise to pay.

• texan59 says:

There are lots of tangible and intangible products. An insurance policy is something that has been around since ships began going back and forth from England back in the late 1600’s. Insurance companies have been providing health insurance policies for the most part since the end of WWII. Insurance policies are priced on the product and the risk involved. Essentially what obamacare is doing is telling insurance companies that they have to provide coverage for tire changes and oil changes and free air for the new tires (to mix some metaphors). You don’t get to pick and choose on the core products. Most of the insurance companies operate on less than a 5% profit margin. While they get a lot of bad press, you are entering into a contract. If YOU don’t know what that contract says, that is your fault. FYI, insurance companies are required to provide the contents of their policies at an 8th grade reading level.

• kathyca says:

It’s called a policy. You can touch it and it has terms and provision which, as another poster pointed out,are required to be written so that your ilk can understand it even at an eighth grade reading level.

7. genomega1 says:

Reblogged this on News You May Have Missed and commented:
    Report: Blue Cross Blue Shield To Drop Up To 800,000 New Jersey Residents Due To Obamacare..

8. Sentenza says:

Here are the details that every American needs to know about this plan. First, if you are among the hundreds of millions of Americans who already have health insurance through your job, or Medicare, or Medicaid, or the VA, nothing in this plan will require you or your employer to change the coverage or the doctor you have. (Applause.) Let me repeat this: Nothing in our plan requires you to change what you have.

So let me begin by saying this: I know that there are millions of Americans who are content with their health care coverage – they like their plan and they value their relationship with their doctor. And that means that no matter how we reform health care, we will keep this promise: If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what. My view is that health care reform should be guided by a simple principle: fix what’s broken and build on what works.

Let me repeat – if you like your health care, the only thing reform will mean is your health care will cost less. If anyone says otherwise, they are either trying to mislead you or don’t have their facts straight.

Sorry to link to Huffpo.

But, this goes to show that Barry McLightworker is still a liar.

9. jordan2222 says:

Who in hell are you? Learn some manners before going into someone’s house, Jeesh!!!.

10. Julie says:

BE SURE TO VOTE IN THE MIDTERMS VOTE ALL DEMS OUT! NOT ONE OF THEM READ ONE PAGE OF THIS BILL. SIMPLY DISGUSTING.

11. Liberal, conservative, Democrat, Republican or Independent it doesn’t matter we are all dragged into this government created bureaucracy which was never meant to exist based on the US Constitution. If Americans knew what the Constitution says and the limits it sets on the government we the people would have been far more vocal in our rejection of this. The Supreme Courts upholding it is nothing more than legal semantics. The numerous exemptions to the law for the potus, the congress, the supreme court and for the large unions (who almost always are universally supporting democratic candidates) is all because they don’t want any part of this. It was designed to fail, but not immediately and yes so we would then be forced into a single payer system like Canada, Great Britian etc. This isn’t over and it has just begun. The real problem is will this be the straw that brings down our already disasterous economy. A lot is going on behind the scenes which if the US dollar fails will send the US into chaos the likes of which we have never seen. I didn’t even bother to comment on the numerous lies from those that passed this bill most noteably the potus, “if you like your plan you can keep your plan” God Help us to fix the disaster we the people have allowed to happen.