Tuesday Open Thread – February 26th

Tomb of the Unknown ChristmasOur Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL.

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

About these ads
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

112 Responses to Tuesday Open Thread – February 26th

1. ytz4mee says:

One year ago tonight, George Zimmerman was brutally assaulted by an individual with a documented history of violence, drug use and petty theft. Fearing for his life, he chose to defend himself using his lawfully obtained sidearm.

In the aftermath, the truth of the circumstances of that night became less important as shameless opportunists who chose to further the agenda of the perpetually aggrieved, for infamy, but more importantly, for fortune and greater political power, were given the full weight and measure of the corrupted State in their quest for retribution.

Unfortunately, the over reaching of the Scheme Team, with luck, may result in mass education about the true motives and history of the BGI. It’s about race based retribution and the never ending quest for “reparations”. No lie, it seems, is too big to leave untold.

It’s been a long year, and the path forward for those who believe in truth and the restoration of justice will continue to be challenging. But it will be even more challenging for the Scheme Team, as the multiplicity of their lies becomes unraveled, it will be harder and harder to keep the Truth about who Trayvon REALLY was from being revealed.

Veritas numquam perit

–Seneca

2. Sharon says:

“At some point, we’ve got to do some governing. And, certainly, we can’t keep careening from manufactured crisis to manufactured crisis.”

I regret to inform you that that line was spoken by barackhusseinobama. Yesterday.

3. ytz4mee says:

The government doesn’t like criticism. A blogger wrote about his experience with DHS during delivery of a custom boat he had ordered from Canada. And now DHS is snarking at him on his own blog!

“The Department of Homeland Security stole my boat today”.

4. ytz4mee says:

C. Everett Koop, former Surgeon-General of the US during the Reagan administration, has died.

I very much admired Dr. Koop. He was a man who was true to his convictions, and was not afraid to upset people when it wasn’t politically correct to do so. IMO, Washington would be a much better place if more Dr. Koops were nominated, and fewer “reporting for duty” Kerry’s.

Rest in peace, Dr. Koop. You served the Nation well.

5. WeeWeed says:

“The Media Threat To Democracy”

“..Obama is famous for his Orwellian doublespeak and misdirection. At no time has the Obama administration been truthful with the American people about its actions and objectives. The fact is that the administration and the media routinely work together to deprive the American people of the truth. This is necessary to the progressive agenda.”

• texan59 says:

The other day, I asked my pop, Big Tex, age 77, what he thought of Walter Cronkite. He is a pretty staunch conservative and he commented that he enjoyed the news a lot more “back in the day”. I asked him if he ever heard about Uncle Walter hanging out with commies and his proclivities toward such folk? His initial reaction was silence on the other end of the phone.

The problem for the lefties today is that the curtain has begun to be pulled back and with the advent of the interwebs, we are able to see where this caca comes from.

Mornin’ all. Wee, did ya’z get snowed in out your way? It was so windy in my parts, it blowed all the hair off’n my cabeza. :D

• WeeWeed says:

Nah, those “wind turbines” blow all moisture away from us!! :evil: We got a total of about seven mudballs and 60 mph sand blasting, is all. Lost a lot more tree branches, and the innertubes have been in ‘n out. Lubbock and north got pounded, looks like.

• michellc says:

I think back in the day there were a lot of newspeople who probably hung out with commies and there were probably lots of music artists and hollywood that were commies. We didn’t know it though because they weren’t constantly opening their pie hole letting us all know what they were. Jane Fonda was an embarrassment and now Jane Fonda is what they all aspire to be.
        I’m not one that really likes to be a mushroom but I have to admit I preferred the days when they stuck to acting, singing or reading the news and not hanging their dirty laundry out for everyone to see.

• texan59 says:

Don’t know if I mentioned it, but a few weeks ago, when this CSCOPE thing came up regarding their revisionist history aspect, I contacted the B.O.E. rep from our area about this stuff. She confirmed that my grandkids school IS NOT following this curriculum model. I would urge anyone who lives in TX to do likewise. If your school is, you better speak up at the next school board meeting. If you don’t, it then becomes your problem. This kind of c-rap won’t be stopped until WE do something about it. :evil:

• WeeWeed says:

Check out this assclown.

photo josegutierrez_zps9a276b18.png

• texan59 says:

He is quite a piece of work. I’ve attached his wiki entry. He is the founder of (la)Raza Unida, a militant “chicano” activist organization. For those not in the loop over all the illegal alien stuff, these are the “real” folks behind all the amnesty push. Your average, every-day, hard-working Mexican who has been here for generations is not. This is the equivalent to the BGI industry in the black community. They are not a nice bunch of folks. :evil:

• stellap says:

Have you posted this on the FB? I have heard this said before, but never heard of this guy, and haven’t seen a graphic like this. He’s right about the part “they are not making babies”. That will be death of us, combined with illegal immigration.

• aliashubbatch says:

“…that is if the worst comes to the worst, we have got to kill him.”

Not if I get you first. I look just like you on the outside, so you’ll blindly trust me on that basis, just like any liberal scum.

6. WeeWeed says:

A somewhat dated article – got it in an email yesterday…. if it’s a reposting, I apologize, but it’s worth it!

• texan59 says:

I think it has progressed past a “moment”. FYI, when you start quoting these fancy books, I get lost. My library masterpieces refer to things like green eggs, and ham, and Sam. I am. :lol:

• stellap says:

Tex, you are full of “baloney”, not green eggs and ham! You are probably one of our more intellectual posters, so don’t try to be modest.

• stellap says:

In other words, Obama has reached his level of incompetence, as outlined in The Peter Principle?

• texan59 says:

I think dear leader went past his level like a drunk kid in a Ferrari a long time ago. Thank you for the kind words Pat. ;)

7. texan59 says:

If you are in a Medicare Advantage plan, or know someone who is, obamacare is coming for you.
    28% of Medicare beneficiaries currently are. Coming after the senior market to get more people on Medicaid. Nice move dear leader. :evil:

8. texan59 says:

I don’t remember if we celebrated the centennial of the 16th Amendment a few weeks back. In honor of that infamous addition to our landscape, here is the tax form for 1913.

• stellap says:

You should post at least the graphic out on the FB.

• Sharon says:

It’s amazing how many do not know that the country actually functioned before there was an income tax, a department of education (not), a department of energy (not) and a whole bunch of Departments of (Not)s.

God said it first, “For lack of knowledge, my people perish.”

• Sharon says:

Buckle your seatbelts because we don’t have four more years to fritter away.

Well, now that’s just shocking, isn’t it. Who knew. John Boehner didn’t…guess the House of Representatives didn’t. (Hey, what’s another continuing resolution or two….who needs a budget…wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!)

• stellap says:

There are some good comments on this article.

9. stellap says:

Nikki Haley slams Washington after meeting with Obama

“I could not be more frustrated than I am right now,” Haley told reporters after the meeting. She said that when she asked Obama if he would consider a last-minute plan to shave about 2 percent from the annual federal budget without increasing taxes, the answer was “no.”

“My kids could go and find $83 billion out of a $4 trillion budget,” Haley said. “This is not rocket science.”

• texan59 says:

On a side note, did you heat who got the “seat of honor” at dinner? Take a guess. His last name is a synonym for giant, lar-dass donut eatin’ fool. :evil:

• Sharon says:

I like Nikki Haley–alot. She’s a class act, but I’m getting really annoyed with the few class acts among the republicans who still seem to be afflicted with an inability to say what is so.

Does she not understand that he has no desire to find $83 billion? Does she not understand that he wants things to go BOOM?

If she does understand it, why doesn’t she say so?

It’s so tiresome to watch the nation’s house burning down and the appointed firemen continuing to explain that they just talked to the arsonist, and really did their best….and the hose of truth is laying right there. Right there. But for some reason, it’s just too much trouble for them to pick it up, aim it and turn it on. Just too much trouble.

For some reason.

• stellap says:

She and Rand Paul have spoken openly about the “facts”, but not their interpretation of Obama’s actions. I think the reason is that, while they suspect what is going on, they can’t prove it, and they are afraid they will be put in the “conspiracy theory” category. Which they would be by the press.

• Sharon says:

You’re probably right.

Ronald Reagan and Mark Levin didn’t/doesn’t stop communicating for fear of being called names. Shoot, stellap, you and I have been called worse names in this tree than I suspect our mothers were ever called by anyone. If that is the case, and it probably is, that’s really bad news…that some of our most solid sterling conservatives can be stopped from telling the truth because someone threatens them with namecalling.

Not snark. Not at all. Those who think they might be Alinskied just stay quiet.

• stellap says:

I think that’s partially correct. They are afraid of their credibility being destroyed. If they aren’t credible, nobody will listen, and nobody will reelect them either, in which case they will be forever neutered. Ronald Reagan did his own dealing, when it was necessary, and Mark Levin isn’t up for election. If they know something for sure, I would hope they would say it out loud, with facts to support them. If it is just conjecture, well then it isn’t so clear cut. My opinion only, of course.

• Sharon says:

You’re right, of course. But it makes me wonder if one the questions we then need to start asking conservative is if there’s a bunch of stuff that they suspect is true that they don’t dare talk about??!!! :evil:

We have gotten to an impossibly dangerous point in level of public communication. I think it not be possible to recover from the trajectory we are on, because we now have the built in reality that those who are closest to the levers of power are inherently unable to talk about what they smell in the air, what they sense in their bones…

Of course, that doesn’t apply to our domestic enemies. Very discouraging.

10. stellap says:

REPUBLICAN INSIDER: White House DENIED Senate Attempt To Present Sequester Compromise

despite the talks of a doom and gloom sequester crisis, it is the Obama White House that actually intervened to prevent a possible compromise to originate from the Democratic Party controlled Senate.

11. stellap says:

Today’s email offering:

For those who haven’t heard, Washington State just passed both laws – gay marriage and legalized marijuana

The fact that gay marriage and marijuana were legalized on the same day makes perfect biblical sense because Leviticus 20:13 says “If a man lies with another man they should be stoned.”

We just hadn’t interpreted it correctly before!

12. michellc says:

Anyone need a good laugh. I know it’s not nice to make fun, but I can’t help myself. Pigs, chitlins and hot sauce, EIEIO.

13. moe2004 says:

WASHINGTON — The federal government released groups of illegal immigrants from custody across the country Monday at the same time the White House was making its case that impending budget cuts would harm efforts to protect the border and enforce federal immigration laws.
    Advocates reported “waves” of illegal immigrants being released from at least three detention centers in Texas, Florida and Louisiana.

Really cannot recall the last time I was this ticked off. Need to go for a walk…

14. michellc says:

I never knew this until today when I saw it on a FB comment. This almost sounds like Wal Mart has their own registry. This article was from 2008, so I wonder if this is still in place?

Wal-Mart and the bi-partisan coalition of Mayors Against Illegal Guns today announced that Wal-Mart, the largest seller of firearms in the nation, has adopted the new Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership, a 10-point code that will help ensure that guns do not fall into the wrong hands. The Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership, created by Mayors Against Illegal Guns and Wal-Mart, is a set of policies that will be implemented over time that includes video recording of sales, rigid controls on inventory, checks that gun purchasers are not misrepresenting themselves and the development of a first-of-its kind computerized crime gun trace log for retailers.

• WeeWeed says:

Which still doesn’t help, as “criminals” steal theirs from you and me.

• michellc says:

True, but the only way walmart and these mayors could be tracing with this first-of-its kind computer is for walmart to be entering guns and buyers into their system. Which means walmart and these mayors and whomever else is involved are keeping a gun registry.
        I guess though by the way this article reads when one of these criminals steals our guns and uses them in a crime, then we’ll be flagged by their system and we will be punished for the actions of others.
        Can’t even trust walmart anymore.

• Sharon says:

So now I can’t buy a gun without having my picture taken?

Oh, well, at least they won’t have continue to have the worry of being the largest seller of firearms in the nation. There’s that.

• michellc says:

What really upsets me is they’ve apparently been doing this since 2008. I’ve only bought one gun at walmart during that time but they certainly didn’t inform me I was going to have a video recording of my purchase for 6 months or be entered into a database.
        I guess from now on if I buy a gun I’m going to have to ask when I buy it, are you keeping a video recording of my purchase and entering me into a database? It won’t be at WalMart ever again though. I won’t even buy ammo at WalMart ever again those purchases may also be recorded and saved for 6 months.

• Sharon says:

If they say six months, that probably means forever, doesn’t it?

• michellc says:

I knew they did that after Katrina and I’ve even heard of different cities passing laws to do it. I just didn’t know WalMart was working with them.

This is just another example of how hard it is to even know the laws in your state. We had been thinking of getting some quail to raise for food and my daughter has wanted wood ducks since she was a little girl and I saw some for sale but didn’t know what you had to have a permit to own. I went to our wildlife site and they tell you how to apply for a license but they don’t specify what you have to have a permit for. So I called our game warden who you would think would know the answers, all he knew was you had to have a permit to even own bob white quail and wood ducks because they’re native to Oklahoma but he didn’t think any other quail was on the list. He told me if you’re not going to sell them the permit is only $10/year and I told him no offense but I do know in order to get a permit the state has to come inspect my facilities and I honestly don’t like to give the government the permission to come onto my property. So he gave me another number to call about other types of quail in case he was wrong and that woman had no idea either. Finally after several hours on the phone they found a list of birds that you had to have a permit for. I asked her wouldn’t it be much more efficient if you just put this list of birds and all animals you must have a permit to own on your website, so people would not unknowingly break the law. She told me it was our responsibility to find that out before we bought something. I told her yes maybe so, but it makes it hard when one person says I don’t know, another person says maybe and it takes hours for the people who should know the answers to discover they have a list. Put the list where the public doesn’t have to spend hours trying to find out. Otherwise it sure looks like the government is either incompetent or is trying to keep their citizens ignorant of the law so they can raise revenue through fines.

• michellc says:

Don’t tell my DH though, he gets all paranoid when I speak the truth to government officials.

• Sharon says:

Your last 17-20 words. Bingo.

• michellc says:

I’m so tired of all the laws and regulations. They have a law for everything and then every darn law has to be hundreds of pages long. Why does the government think they have to regulate everything and I guess the bigger question is why do we sit back and allow everything to be regulated?

• John Denney says:

” It will be of little avail to the people, that the laws are made by men of their own choice, if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood; if they be repealed or revised before they are promulgated, or undergo such incessant changes that no man, who knows what the law is to-day, can guess what it will be to-morrow.” – Federalist Papers #62 http://www.constitution.org/fed/federa62.htm

15. WeeWeed says:

I heard today that there’s a pretty nasty Alamo Op-ed in the Dallas morning news (by Jaqueline Floyd.) I tried to grab it, but you have to have a subscription and I ain’t payin’ for that rag. And I will be dipped in ……… guess what’s interupting my lunch, again, on teh t.v.???? :evil:

16. texan59 says:

Hagel passes cloture vote. If you have anyone thinking about going into the military, I would encourage you to hit them with a dose of reality. The Fundamental Transformation continues. :evil:

17. michellc says:

I think Coburn pretty much ignores me who he is supposed to be representing but it can’t hurt as all of you pay his salary the same as I do to contact him as well and some of these other senators may represent you(well are supposed to represent you anyway).
    Will Sen. Tom Coburn Buy Off on the “Schumer Sell-Out”?
    Urge your Senators to put a stop to Republican-compromises

Anti-gun Sen. Charles Schumer’s staff is leaking out to the press the Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn is “on the verge” of caving in and agreeing to a ban on private gun sales — and requiring virtually every American to get the government’s approval before exercising their constitutional right to become a gun owner.

According to The Washington Post (2/23/13), the remaining sticking point is Coburn’s reluctance to require a 4473 for every private transaction. Were this to occur, ATF’s practice of going into gun stores and copying all the 4473′s — a practice which has been documented by GOA — would soon produce a national gun registry.

Schumer’s people have also let it be known that they may have Susan Collins (R-ME), John McCain (R-AZ), and Jeff Flake (R-AZ) in the bag. (Note to gun owners in these states: These Senators really need to hear from you!)

18. Sharon says:

If anyone is in need of any further proof that President Barack Obama and his administration are a direct threat to public safety and the “general welfare”, here it is-

The Department of Homeland Security has started releasing hundreds of illegal immigrants held in local jails in anticipation of automatic budget cuts, in a move one Arizona sheriff called politically motivated — and dangerous.

Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu said Tuesday that Immigration and Customs Enforcement released more than 500 detainees in his county alone over the weekend. A spokesman for Babeu told FoxNews.com that ICE officials have said they plan to release a total of nearly 10,000 illegal immigrants.

Babeu described the move as a “mass budget pardon” and suggested the administration was going to unnecessary lengths to demonstrate the impact of the so-called sequester.

“President Obama would never release 500 criminal illegals to the streets of his hometown, yet he has no problem with releasing them in Arizona. The safety of the public is threatened and the rule of law discarded as a political tactic in this sequester battle,” he said.

19. 22tula says:

“Gross: Hagel Confirmed As Defense Secretary”
    Weasel Zippers – February 26, 2013

“White House Ignores 20th Anniversary of WTC Bombing…”
    Weasel Zippers – February 26, 2013

20. 22tula says:

The Talk To Solomon Show – Today’s Show
    February 26, 2012 – Replay
    On Now Larry Pratt

21. ctdar says:

Interesting…if Obama Pac can bombard twitter accounts what do you think these obamabots are capable of say Obama phones or voting machines??

22. WeeWeed says:

Any y’all watching preppers tonight, rattlesnakes can bite for two hours after death. Trust me.

23. ctdar says:

You guys see this? This baby’s nap is “not happening”

24. ctdar says:

And as any typical liberal politician does when they’re in trouble they drop the race card: