War Is Hell – Get It, or Shut Up !

I have been reluctant to post any discussion about the latest controversy over a video showing four Marines urinating on the bodies of dead Taliban enemies.   There are many potential political angles and possible manipulative agendas that can be taken regarding both the content and timing of this video.   Indeed my first reaction was not so much abhorrent shock, as it was a sentiment of “that sucks” because I knew the self-righteous left would use it as another tool in their arsenal to ridicule our military.   The American hating left just hates anything to do with our strength, power, superiority and dominance.   It’s how they roll.

In addition, I personally laughed at the indignant response from the Afghan Taliban terrorists who paused from their beheading, genital mutilation, stoning, and bestiality long enough to decry the horrid American Soldiers who pissed on their guys that were trying to kill them.   Whatever, dirt bags.

Oh how everyone is so quick to decry the inhumanity of four soldiers who were photographed peeing on dead enemy.   Yeah, it was stupid.  Yeah, it was foolish.  Yeah, it is absolutely disrespectful to pee on the dead guy who was trying to shoot you, blow you up, or tear you limb from limb in the name of his cause.   They should not have done it.  Got it.  Nuf said.

But just a reminder war is hell.  The objective in war is to kill people.  Dead.  Make the living breathing enemy bloodied and dead.   The goal is to shoot them, stab them, blow them up, or rip their hearts out before they have the opportunity to do it to you.   Kill them first, kill them all, kill enough of them so that the remaining ones submit to your will and give up lest they face the same outcome.    That is, in its purest form, the objective of war.  A soldiers number one job is to kill the enemy.   Dead.   By whatever means necessary.

Against that backdrop it infuriates me to see ridiculous politicians, pundits, and talking heads decrying the physical reality and the results of war.   WAR IS HELL.  It is ridiculous to expect our military to have an on/off switch in their psyche during combat.   We need to support them as they kill the bastards, the enemy; and yes, when appropriate, remind them of the humanity they are still attached to.

Having said that, it is good to see Lt. Col Allen West coming to their defense.  As far as I know Col West is the only person brave enough to publicly take this position, and I thank him for it.

Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.), a former Army lieutenant colonel, sends THE WEEKLY STANDARD an email commenting on the Marines’ video, and has given us permission to publish it.

“I have sat back and assessed the incident with the video of our Marines urinating on Taliban corpses. I do not recall any self-righteous indignation when our Delta snipers Shugart and Gordon had their bodies dragged through Mogadishu. Neither do I recall media outrage and condemnation of our Blackwater security contractors being killed, their bodies burned, and hung from a bridge in Fallujah.

“All these over-emotional pundits and armchair quarterbacks need to chill. Does anyone remember the two Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division who were beheaded and gutted in Iraq?

“The Marines were wrong. Give them a maximum punishment under field grade level Article 15 (non-judicial punishment), place a General Officer level letter of reprimand in their personnel file, and have them in full dress uniform stand before their Battalion, each personally apologize to God, Country, and Corps videotaped and conclude by singing the full US Marine Corps Hymn without a teleprompter.

“As for everyone else, unless you have been shot at by the Taliban, shut your mouth, war is hell.”   (article)

About these ads
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to War Is Hell – Get It, or Shut Up !

1. Well, couldn’t say that any better.

2. Avram says:

The fact this this incident became national news and SecDef Panetta and, I believe (but am not sure) the White House, saw fit to to apologize to Prez. Karzai confirms, yet again, that the regime has lost touch with reality and/or is monumentaly hypocritical. What’s more, they are bound and determined to grovel before and to appease Islam.

3. AFinch says:

Cue the Debbie Downer demanding an investigation into Rep. West’s attempt to stifle free speech in 3 . . . 2. . . . 1 . . .

4. goodkathie says:

and i’m sure everyone noticed how quickly and piously Hillarity jumped on our Marines…

5. Highlander says:

An additional thought on this. When we destroyed the moral compass of this Nation, the Judeo-Christian ethic that our founders based our nation on, what were the results we were expecting? Once everything is “reletive” what make us think our children will do what we say is right when everything is “right”? If this was some equivelent prank by a bunch of frat boys no one would even mention it. Col West is correct, NJP and carry on.

Cruachan!

• GFCandinthatorder says:

While I mentioned and posted this on yesterdays open thread I will gladly add to what my fellow treepers and AW have said. I agree with you all for the most part. As I mentioned yesterday, the thing that makes me the sickest is the liberal media reporting it. You idiotic sucking idol worshipping weaklings wouldn’t know what was a story worth telling. As parents, leaders, governments, military or whatever your positions of teaching is. You know that you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drive.k. WAR IS HE’LL AND AFFECTS EACH INDIVIDUAL DIFFERENTLY. And while I am at it which is worse? Killing someone or pissing on them when they are already dead? Stupid idiots! Its war and there is not a perfect answer to either. I don’t agree with killing another human being either. But it is war and there is a time for war also. And if you needed to be reminded, that is what we do in war, kill! And during war it can bring out all of our strengths and weaknesses, such as pissing on the dead enemy which I personally do not regimens. But GFY! When you kill it does some strange things to a human. It is war.
      Personally, and it is time for me to get in the confession line but I can’t cause Im not sorry yet, I would like to see an effigy of all the reporters and colander in chief with the entire military pissing on them. After all at least theirs would be done in symbolism and not in person! I am sick of these arses.

6. Brooklyn says:

As a former Marine, I join you SD in your reluctance to make a statement in defense of my Brothers-in-Arms. But, now can finally say thank you, Colonel West. There is hope for our country, in you we have a politician with enough balls to call it what it is – WAR IS HELL!

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would do us harm. It is for you to know that our mission was successful and that you are now safe, but not the details of our dance with the devil.

There is no ‘immediate’ on/off switch, and for some, pulling that lever can take a lifetime.

7. barnslayer says:

I agree 100% with Allen West. I would just add… if the enemy was on fire I would not p!$$ on them.

8. tnwahm says:

God bless Allen West.

9. uomo says:

The jihadis are evil. EVIL.

Does anyone in America even remember what that word means?

So, piss on jihadis? I’d piss on them first, THEN shoot them.

Then feed their bodies to a herd of wild pigs.

10. cjmartel says:

I noticed how fast and furiously the turd birds in washingtoon absolutely condemned our soldiers for allegedly, remember when ever someone is charged with a crime, say like that other turd bird soldier in Fort Hood, remember him, he ALLEGEDLY shot those people, and according to the assclowns in washingtoon it was not a terrorist act, it was a case of workplace violence, if that don’t beat all. Maybe it’s just me, but it seems these jerks get their jollies off when they get to show how BAD Americans are, oh the poor taliban, oh yeah, the same taliban those quisling sobs in washingtoon are NEGOTIATING with, WTF?
    I can not and will not watch one more minute of that vacous shit the networks ladle out that they refer to in the abstract as news. I have been off the network news cycle for about a month, I can feel my IQ returning to normal, I have found that my vocabulary is improving, no shit, that stuff has that affect. Try it, get your news from ANY site on the internet and chances are you will be 50% more informed than with tv drivel, and I will even throw in the Huffington post and Politico, that is how bad the tv news is for your health. I have found that by reading the news, it has a chance to actually seep in and register, which of course gives the brain time to formulate its own opinions, not some canned shit like O’reilly, olberman, or whatever the hell is name is dishes out. My skin is clearer and I now have regular bowel movements, I know, a little over the top, but in all seriousness, when you read, your brain engages, it begins to work, don’t forget the brain is a muscle too.
    Now back to our regular scheduled comment, fuck those fucking ragheads, they should’ve shit on them too!
    Have a nice day.

11. Solaratov says:

Anybody notice the irony that the video was on Live LEAK? :lol:

And, for the record, I find it extremely difficult to generate any “outrage” over this. Just give them a NJP = or, at the most, a letter of reprimand in their 201 File. (And that would be for being stupid enough to video the incident and post the video.)

God bless and keep Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children. ;-)

12. Zauber says:

Aside from the fact that the guys proned out on the ground have far more to worry about than a golden shower from a few Jar Heads I really have problems with the timing of the video’s release. I emailed my Congressman, a member of the National Guard and a Sand Land vet himself, asking if the laser-eyed Congresspersons might be having an investigation done intoi whether the Dems or even BHO’s bros might have had a hand in the timing. The Imam’s out trying to get his scattered far-left crowd back into the fold. He’s giving the Taliban (remember them, they guys who hid OBL and forced us to invade?) international legitimacy by directly negotiating with them, he’s released some really unsavory dudes from Gitmno back into the general Death to America crowd, he’s saying he’s really really really going to close Gitmo now and he’s saying that his wife, aside from whatthe tell-alll book says, doesn’t bathe in the blood of blond haired children. At least not all that often. Who could believe that teh release of this video could have happened at such a fortune time through providence alone? This video gives him cover as it’s taking up all of the air time that could have been used to point out he’s surrendering to a bunch of terrorists who spend their downtime trying to get lucky with livestock. It also besmirches the military that he and his merry band will once again find some way to disenfranchise come November 2012. Ramadan’s over, Christmas is over, Kwanzas over and he sure as hell ain’t gettin’ nuthin for Chanukah so whythe perfect timing of this video release?

13. Hmmmmm…. The terrorists were dead and had probably already pissed and sh!tted on themselves.

Punishment? Kick the idiot’s ass who videotaped it.

I was half a world away yesterday and got to see the imagined “outrage” from the people who supposedly hate our guts. Where I was, they were mostly perplexed that anyone would give two sh!ts about what any Marine or soldier did to any Afghan. An immigration officer in a former Soviet Republic was watching it on his telly as we were leaving and mentioned to us that he’d been in Afghanistan in the Red Army. He said that he’d done much, much worse to the urjuek (урюк), a very derogatory for mountain people of that part of the world. No love lost, truly.

Or, as one old fellow told me once, “Everyone fear America, but you want love. Crazy, you!”

It’s good to be home for a while.

14. Zauber says:

Yeah, the Afghans had a special place in their little hearts fro any Spetznaz they captured alive. They even filmed process,and it would have made Julia Childs blush at their culinary skills. The sweet little progeny of Mohammed even filmed and distributed the product – but you never saw the US press hawking them or US politicians expressing outrage.

15. twana says: