The full senate vote to confirm Judge Amy Coney Barrett is pending this evening.  With Democrats having exhausted all stall tactics, the final speeches are underway and a full vote is anticipated soon (Approx 8:00pm EDT).  [Livestream Links Below]

UPDATE:  Shortly after 8:00pm EDT the Senate has officially confirmed Justice Amy Coney Barrett to the supreme court.  The vote was 52-48.

CSPAN Livestream LinkFox News LivestreamPBS Livestream Link

This entry was posted in Big Government, Dem Hypocrisy, Election 2020, Legislation, Live Streaming, President Trump, Supreme Court, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

475 Responses to UPDATE: Confirmed 52-48 – U.S. Senate Vote on Judge Amy Coney Barrett – Evening Livestream…

1. Elections have consequences … NEVER FORGET

2. She’s now going to be sworn in…I think VP Pence did i last time…where and when?

3. sunnydaze says:

On Cspan2 , anyone know what that bizarre background noise is?

And Congratulations to Amy and the American People!

4. Patriot1783 says:

YAY!!!

Happy Birthday Hillary ???

5. prayerwarrior1950 says:

Yea The Lord Reigneth blessed be the name of our Lord. ACB confirmed!

6. Patience says:

WOO HOOOOOOOO?? ??? JUSTICE ~>Amy Coney Barrett

Also:
    The best IS ~>yet<~ to come ❣

7. BluegrassGal says:

Confirmed! 52-48. Collins a no.

8. Chip Doctor says:

And just like that John Roberts has his nuts cut off. ??

Happy Birthday Hillary??

9. JAS says:

AND IT IS DONE. GOD BLESS AMERICA. AND GOD BLESS ALL OF US!

10. alvasman says:

To the White House we should go …

11. Yay!!!
    Both my senators voted no but it’s Wa state so there you go.
    I hope they are both butt hurt big time!!?
    Go Amy!!!!

• vikingmom says:

Senators Cantwell and Murray appear momentarily to cast their votes to continue the sacrifice of children across the land before scurrying back into their hidey-holes until their lobbyist puppetmasters require their presence again!

• I remember when murray first ran.
        They made such a big deal about the tennis shoe mom?
        I sent her a letter telling her that I would never buy a new pair of tennis shoes until she was voted out.
        I really wish she would lose an election as I haven’t had a new pair of tennis shoes since she first won.
        It’s been loafers ever since. Sigh!!

12. Mr. M says:

Praise The Lord!

13. Trygve says:

Did Schumer actually have the gall to utter the words democracy and law and order, just now? With a straight face?

14. helmhood says:

Justice is served, and mercy wins.

15. Right to reply says:

Awesome! I hope Trump plays Rolling Stones ‘Crossfire Hurricane’ at his next rally!

• Why do you think he always used to play “You Cant Always Get What You Want” – by the Stones !!
      Its going to be great to see all the trolling and humor from DJT as the crazed loons writhe in the mud screaming obscenities.
      This is starting to feel really good.

16. Joshua2415 says:

Sorry all, but I have to say it…
    Nice work Mitch!

• What is clear is that if he wants to get something passed he knows how to do it…and if he doesn’t, he just doesn’t do what needs to be done.

• lotbusyexec says:

When credit is deserved praise is necessary and hoped for — Good on Mitch BUT much more work and support of ALL things PDJT are necessary moving forward. Trump is going to give him all three branches on Nov 3rd (house, Presidency, and senate) so he best DO our business and not pull a PR (Paul Ryan).

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Guess Senator Harris managed to pull herself away from her grueling campaign schedule and go to DC to vote NAY on this nomination?

• George Hicks says:

Was watching on CSpan…
      After the Demonrats gave their thumbs down and left the chamber Mitch was pushing through more judge nominations.
      Asked if there were any objections to a lack of the quorum, there were no Demonrats left to object! LOL

17. Nan says:

Watershed moment in American history! To God be the Glory, great things He has done!!

18. Winning!

“Pennsylvania Republicans asked the U.S. Supreme Court again late Friday to overturn a mail ballot deadline extension ordered by the state’s high court, quickly returning to an issue on which the Supreme Court had only just deadlocked and raising the prospect of a different outcome after a new justice is installed next week,” the Philadelphia Inquirer reports.

“The GOP on Friday night also asked the U.S. Supreme Court to fast-track the case, given that Election Day is just over a week away.”

19. Mike in a Truck says:

Confirmed! We have a new Justice of the Supreme Court.

20. gensensibility says:

Winning.

21. Free Speech says:

Murkowski only voted ‘yes’ once she found out there were 50 votes for her, guaranteed. Romney too probably. They would have thrown the monkey wrench if they could, but since they couldn’t, they tried to make themselves look good. At least Collins is honest; she loves abortion too much to vote for her.

• That’s not the situation with Collins; she needs Dem votes to win re-election and I guess she decided that was more important than integrity. She will most likely lose anyway so she sold her soul to the devil..good luck to her.

• sunnydaze says:

Collins ALWAYS plays to Democrats and leaves Republican voters in the dust up there.

• R F Burns says:

Disappointed, but not surprised. That one has always been more of a fence sitter. Seemed to vote more often with the Democrats then with her own party.

Given everything else to this point, I cannot discount the possibility that she is trying to throw her election. Perhaps, to narrow the margin of a Republican majority in the Senate. We will see.

• luke says:

I would rather have Collins than a Marxist. As bad as she is I will take her anyway over some damn Commie. If this is what Collins needs to do then so be it. We didn’t need her. I am not trying to do purity tests now. I am more interested in saving the Republic from Totalitarians/Fascists.

• Fixin2 says:

If I were Mitch I’d appoint Collins to the worst committee possible for her vote against ACB

• PatriotKate says:

I think even that was a bridge too far for this loathesome pair. The Deplorables are now load and active and they know it. We’re done. Not taking it anymore. The wrath that would have bestowed on them would have likely been enough to drive them from office immediately.

22. borwarrior says:

Congratulations ACB!

Don’t want to come off as greedy. Well, screw that, yes let’s be greedy!

Can we get 2 more?
    Breyer is old, lets hope for a retirement.
    Roberts is corrupt. I have to think Rudy, our secret weapon private investigator, can dig up some evidence on that weasel to force him to step down perhaps?!

A man can dream!!

23. JustSomeInputFromAz says:

Well I believe it needs to be said in spite of some the other issues we have with Mitch: Good Job Senate Majority Leader McConnell, herding cats ain’t easy!

• MustangBlues says:

”JustSomeInputFromAz says:
      October 26, 2020 at 8:21 pm
      . . . Good Job Senate Majority Leader McConnell, herding cats ain’t easy!”

Would add that the actual task is herding ”stinky, rabid polecats”, the ultimate thankless job.

24. Julia Adams says:

Tonight is a victory for our founders and the Constitution of the United States of America. Congratulations Associate Justice Amy Coney Barrett. We salute you, we are proud of you and we love you.

GO IRISH!

25. jimrockfish says:

Donald Trump will win this election. I wonder if Breyer is wishing he had retired when Obama was President. 82 is getting up there.

Congratulations to Justice Barrett!

26. Clivus Multrum says:

Thank you Ruth Bader Ginsberg for having the integrity and womanly perseverance to fight back against the 0bama thugocracy which tried to muscle you off the bench and having the foresight to remain until you could be replaced by a President who respects our Constitution & loves Our Country.

27. Leon Brozyna says:

Now let’s see how many PDJT gets to place on the court over the next four years; perhaps Breyer. As well as all those lower courts where most cases are decided.

28. Yay!
    Both my senators voted no but it’s Wa state so there you go.
    I hope they are both butt hurt big time?
    Go Amy!!

29. Ackman419 says:

Looks like 2020 is turning around. Nov 3rd should be the game winning homerun.
    Not such a bad year after all.

30. luke says:

AWESOME WINNING…..guys I know the Republicans can be assholes but I can tell you that the Leftists wouldn’t have confirmed her. Vote R straight down the ticket. We’ll sort them out later!!!

31. Walt says:

The best laid plans of mice and men….

RBG didn’t resign during Obamas reign because she knew he would appoint a black, probably male.
    She thought Clinton would win and appoint a female, maybe Jewish, certainly liberal so she stuck around.

Sometimes things just don’t go the way we plan.

Ahhhhhh, too bad.

32. Sherri Young says:

The petulant child tweets her threat.

• DaughterofLiberty says:

“Democrats will never stop fighting Americans.” FIFY, Chuck.

• RobInPA says:

o.k., riddle me this Batman. . .

If the dems, libs, Progressives and gawd damned commies in this country are so very upset with PDJT shredding and annihilating the Constitution and reducing the country into a Banana Republic, shouldn’t they be thrilled with the appointment of a Constitutional Originalist to the SCOTUS, a jurist who WILL actually make rulings that align with the laws and spirit of the Constitution?

I am so confused.

• FreedomNinja says:

Democrats have never “started” fighting for Americans.

• Chucky is suffering PTSD from having his ass handed to him so much over the past 4 years that he needs counseling…….
      Love me some VSGPDJT

33. teaforall says:

Congrats Judge Barrett to the USSC
    9pm at the White House she will be confirmed

34. Baby Hurley says:

How happy ACB and her family must be right now…CONGRATULATIONS!!!

35. jinmichigan says:

God smiles on His faithful.

36. Lumina says:

When is the swearing in?

37. cliffaheadwolvesbehind says:

I’d love to like so many comments but alas, the mystifying world of WP won’t let me.
    Will hold my breathe till she is sworn in

38. labrat says:

I’m so glad I moved from Maine to Florida. Now I don’t have to decide whether or not I can hold my nose and vote for Susie. I’m not sure I would have been able to do it. She’s toast.

39. GunnerA says:

Congrats Associate Justice Barrett. Godspeed!

Meanwhile, the court still basically remains 5-4 (thanks to Roberts; almost like George W saw into the future, huh?).