President Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden take part in the first presidential debate between the two 2020 candidates. The Cleveland, Ohio event is moderated by Fox News anchor Chris Wallace who will transparently assist Joe Biden.

The anticipated start time of the debate is 9:00pm ET and will be broadcast on all network channels. To avoid the narrative engineers C-SPAN, OANN and Newsmax will also be broadcasting the debate live.  We are providing the livestream links early to prepare.

RSBN LivestreamCSPAN LivestreamFox News LivestreamFox Business Livestream

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2020, Joe Biden, media bias, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

3,076 Responses to Presidential Debate Night – President Trump -vs- Joe Biden – 9:00pm ET Livestreams

1. FPCHmom says:

Even Newsweek is dumping on Wallace –

2. evergreen says:

If there is ONE reason why this debate was valuable, it is because Trump ended on the ballot fraud crisis…and the sheer breadth of it.

NO VALID BALLOT SHOULD EVER BE LOST FROM CUSTODY–EVER.

Somebody put that on a billboard in the major metro areas. Make drivers see that every day for a month.

3. jello333 says:

Possibly the most important moments of this was when Biden explicitly said he opposes the Green New Deal. Don’t know if he was being honest or not, but it’s sure gonna turn off the Bernie/AOC-wing of the Dems he was hoping to get.

4. Toolnut says:

There was one portion of the debate that I believe sums up this entire election.
    They were talking about the economy and Covid and both candidates were cross talking.
    The President said, “People want to open up so they can get back to work. ”
    Joe said “People want to be safe.”

One is for freedom, personal responsibility and self governance. The other one is for a big nanny state government that says it knows what’s best for the people.

• maggiemoowho says:

That was a great answer from President Trump.

• evergreen says:

Each accurately represents his constituency.

Trump represents workers. Biden represents wards. The latter cannot exist without the former; therefore, Trump identified accurately the more important need.

• Revelation says:

“A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse doe to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship.”

Alexander Tyler, 1787

• upstate909 says:

Over and over again, biden looked into the camera and said people want to be safe,people want to be safe. Not sure why the camera was on him when the President was speaking. I’ll review with fresh eyes tomorrow.

GN & GS & GB

5. Cathy Phelps says:

Trump dominated the debate. Tomorrow Biden’s campaign will put lid on by 8:30 and Trump be out working and campaigning all day and night.

• TMonroe says:

That definitely should be made an issue. 90 minutes of talk every couple of weeks does not a chief executive make

• delighteddeplorable says:

So about Hiden’s “lids” that go into effect 8:30/9:00 a.m. Does that mean that prior to that time Hiden is available and taking care of business? I doubt it so what’s the point?

6. Cathead says:

Well I had to break out the ibuprofen. Made my BP rise and a headache. Wallace was his usual obnoxious self and I wish I had a $$ for every lie Biden uttered. With that being said my honest opinion of our magnificent lion is that he roared a little too often. He nailed Biden multiple times and was battling both of them but I think the constant interruptions didn’t show him in the best light for the undecided. I will however crawl over broken glass to cast my vote in person for Donald J Trump!

7. Patience says:

There are actually many poignant statements made by President Trump tonight.

If Biden’s laughing and mutterings
    and
    Wallace’s interruptions and over-talking

are removed from an audio recording they can be heard.

• D Lloyd says:

Somebody with skills I don’t have needs to do that lol

• Right Wing Gal says:

It took me back to the Paul Ryan and Joe Biden VP debate and what a complete a**hole he was then, too. Heaving with laughter at Paul Ryan’s stance on abortion, talking about his son in the womb. The complete unprofessionalism and childishness of Biden has not changed one bit.

8. maggiemoowho says:

President Trump got Biden to say ANTIFA is a good organization also.

• hoghead2 says:

I missed the “good organization”, Maggie. I did hear joe say that antifa isn’t an organization, but an “idea”, or some treacle like that.

What I noticed was POTUS saying he has never had a transition from the last time as they started the coup and the impeachment hoax from election night.

But then he said that sotero/joe spied on his campaign and “we caught them. We’ve got it all, all the tapes.” “And you suggested using the Logan Act…” At that, joe just looked down at his podium with an odd look on his mug. I was roaring! [BTW, this wasn’t the first time POTUS has talked about “having it all”.]

9. sunnyflower5 says:

10. Jason says:

11. Blue Moon says:

I told my hubby that I expected at any time for Biden to invite PT behind the building for a fist fight. Biden acted like a big goofy school kid bullying his worst enemy.

12. Nepanyrush says:

Biden made some deer-in-the headlights answers. Like not naming a single police organization that supports him. Saying antifa was just an idea. Not answering about packing the courts. The President is going to have a field day telling those stories.

13. rustybritches says:

Some people on Oann are really mad at Wallace and says he should be fired from Fox news and so do i how shameful when you look at what Wallace did to the President Tonight and Joe Biden is an Idiot and I wish that anyone who can would write to Fox news and tell them to fire Wallace for the rest of us who dont know how..

• Jason says:

Wallace did exactly what ‘Fox News’ wanted him to do. Made Biden look credible. Bailed him out at every opportunity and set up Biden with talking points to attack Trump.

Maybe just me, but seemed like every time Wallace asked Biden a question, he would come back to Trump and ask a new question trying to force Trump to not respond to Biden. Yet when there was the reverse, Trump usually got negatively framed questions and let Biden rebut Trump after he answered.

Total setup.

• Robert Smith says:

The network knows Wallace is going to be like that. Wallace did what they want and allow him to do.

14. lackawaxen123 says:

was there a single line from President Trump tonight that can be used AGAINST him in a campaign ad ? can the same thing be said about Biden ?

15. RJ says:

President Trump is a street brawler. He’s authentic. He knocked Biden around plenty. Biden is a creep. So is the midget Wallace.

16. Doppler says:

Not a good night. His base is as loyal as ever, but President Trump shot himself in the foot in terms of winning over the undecided. Biden spoke directly to the people a few times, but President Trump seemed intent on bickering with Biden and Wallace, fighting to dominate them, rather than using the opportunity to win over some suburban moms.

What bothers me most is that Biden flatly denied all the accusations of Hunter’s corruption, and, unless you’ve been reading CTH and Breitbart, which too many suburban moms do not, the charges didn’t mean anything. The press supports Biden, and the FBI, CIA, State, NSA, who all are part of the President Trump’s Executive branch, appear to support Biden, too.

With all this corruption and massive state criminality, why hasn’t anyone been indicted? Unless the whole story of some of this corruption comes out, with actual consequences, many will think President Trump is just making it up.

With what we think we know about Obama Clinton Biden corruption, Biden’s ability to just deny it and get away with it is damnable.

• simplewins says:

Nope. Those viewers never heard of those issues regarding hunter. They did now though.

• lackawaxen123 says:

enough with the suburban moms myth … they don’t exist as a voting block …

• As a Man Thinkth says:

soccer moms want safety, police, law and order, open schools, and open places of work and worship…They vote Trump

Libs are Libs and they want weather underground, green hair and an arm full of prison ink while singing “Give peace a chance”

• Joe20 says:

Because we don’t live in the country we thought we did.

• ezpz2 says:

Doppler, I disagree.

I think President Trump did fine, considering that he was, as he said, debating the moderator AND Biden.

And about those coveted, elusive undecided voters, I highly doubt they exist – at least not in the numbers that are being spewed.

One would have to have been living under a rock to be undecided at this point.

• Bigbadmike says:

The President made it very clear early in the Debate that his opponent was Wallace – not Biden. He almost got Joe to Stroke Out and Chris just kept interrupting the President to give Biden time to read his lying talking points and making wild accusations blaming the President for 200,000 deaths and saying that he (Biden) saved Manufacturing and created millions of jobs. He also called the. President of the United States a liar and a clown many times. The President never called Biden any schoolyard names but did point out that Biden was weak and would be easily controlled by China, the Left, and our Enemies. He certainly won the debate against Wallace and Sleepy Joe just looked like an old, tired, lost bystander.

17. jumpinjarhead says:

Given the “expectation strategy” where Biden would self-destruct and Trump would steamroller him (as furthered by myriad posters here in the CTH), it seems to me that if it was a “draw” as described by numerous posters, that equates to a win for lyin’ Joe in the minds of some who are not already aligned either way, and those are the people we need to come to “our side.”

• lackawaxen123 says:

well Biden didn’t do anything to sway them … if they vote for Biden because they don’t like Trumps delivery then they were NEVER going to come to our side …
      for 4 years all I’ve heard is “If Trump would just XY or Z he could win the moderates … Trump doesn’t win you to his side with speeches … he wins you with his ACTIONS …

• jumpinjarhead says:

I certainly pray and hope your final point is accurate as to the (too) many Americans who are abjectly ignorant of substantive factual information, relying as they do on our enemies’ propaganda arm, the “media” for their “information.”

As such, I suspect there are (far too) many who think they are best informed by watching these “debates” and making momentous decisions like who to vote for on the basis of such fluff like watching these “debates” instead of actually researching themselves to see what Trump has actually accomplished.

Informed Americans like most represented here in the CTH, are the distinct minority.

18. FPCHmom says:

Jesse has some good observations over on twitter –

• Publius2016 says:

smart…liked the way 45 got to defend Hunter when OHiden wanted to talk Beau!

45 turned the obvious Fake News hit and turned it into a nuclear bomb blast…Fake News will have to cover Hunter…remember Where’s Hunter is the number 1 selling shirt on 45 website!

19. Seneca the Elder says:

Our President Trump did an even better job than I expected given the horrendous and rigged set up he had to deal with. Wallace was never going to do him any favors, and he actually sabotaged the President throughout the phony debate.

Demented Joe was probably pumped up to the gills with some kind of drug cocktail. He didn’t look good considering that he’s been resting for the past two months. I have to admit I was shocked that Rush, Tucker and I lost our bets that he would be a no show.

I am extremely proud of our fearless and magnificent President- he always exceeds expectations.

20. Carly says:

We hired a fighter for a reason. Trump delivered. He has the right perspective and the stamina for the job. There are a lot of domestic and foreign actors who want to radicalize our country, and we need the right president for the job. President Kamala would be a disaster.

21. SayItAintSoJoe says:

There is something seriously wrong with Biden’s eyes.

22. alliwantissometruth says:

The biggest “win” tonight was the President bringing up major corrupt and criminal democrat issues that many low information Americans don’t know about

Many of those voters may very well look into a few of them

23. Where do I send the flowers for Camel-Uh Harris?
    She must need cheering up after suddenly finding out Chrissy Wallace has replaced her on the ticket.

I could not handle the debate and turned it off after a few minutes.
    I went back twice and turned it off quicker than the first time.

THANKS TO ALL YOU TREEPERS FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS. You saved me from wasting 90 minutes that I would never get back.

MAGA while we can.

24. jackphatz says:

I have to say this. WE know and love Trump and are not put off by his ways but most young people do not know anything about the real Donald J Trump. I’m afraid many of them will see this as Trump being too harsh on Biden and Wallace. We know better but have no means of getting our knowledge out there where it needs to be. I personally feel Wallace was the worse possible moderator they could have chosen (next to Cavuto) who made Trump look bad.
    It really was not fair that Trump had to battle with Wallace while trying to debate with Biden. Wallace let Biden get away with not answering questions with real answers and the lies.

25. Ocelot says:

I don’t know why P Trump’s team agreed to this format. I never timed or counted anything but chopping the debate into numerous 2 minute segments was ludicrous. It was planned and worked to Biden’s advantage at times when rather than answer butthead Wallace’s questions he would rattle off a series of lies, accusations and false narratives about P Trump’s presidency.

When this happened, it was impossible for Trump to answer butthead’s original question and counter Biden’s lies and accusations. So naturally POTUS almost always went overtime and sanctimonious butthead would belligerently tell PT to stop when a little latitude for both sides would’ve been better.

Unfortunately, Trump’s constant interruptions and Wallace’s reactive poor me acting will not go over well with those that wanted to see a more “Presidential” President. Hopefully, they’re a small group and won’t be the deciding voters. POTUS would have done better if he interrupted less but I understand how hard it would be to do when one of the Coup plotters was telling lies about you.

• Ocelot says:

I should have added that POTUS did score major points during the interruptive chaos. ie about Biden’s participation in the Coup, playing the hard left against Biden etc

• samw12 says:

Yea…i think the being told to shut up multiple times and being called a clown/racist by Biden made Biden look more presidential which will swing those undecided voters /s x10000

26. MNcarrypermitholder says:

Biden did much better than expected – which is probably because the bar was so low for him. No drool, he didn’t reboot live on TV.

I wouldn’t say he won, but it wasn’t a catastrophe for him. I’m reducing my prediction market positions on the topic of him dropping out before the election.

If I recall, Scott Adams was saying that if he didn’t completely fail the first debate, look for his campaign to cancel the other debates. At this point, more debates are all downside and no upside.

But, I don’t think that Scott has considered all of the factors. There is about a 193% chance that the media will universally praise Biden’s performance. They may actually think that he did so good that they want him to do more.

Only time will tell.

27. annie okie says:

Can someone tell me where all the white supremacists have been rioting because I have missed that somehow.

• Joemama says:

That is the weird thing. I have many relatives that believe that there are tons of white supremacists burning down things and rioting. I respond with no there aren’t. I haven’t heard of a single instance.

I say that I can quickly get you at least a few hours worth of antifa & blm burning and rioting. Can you find a single online video of a white supremacist riot besides the Charlottesville nonsense 4 years ago?

They get pissed off & change the topic and continue to believe that there are just as many riots caused by white supremacists as by the radical left.

I don’t know where they are getting programmed with this lie.

28. 4gypsybreeze says:

Well…..that was interesting. If people were doing a drinking game…for every lie that came out of Bidens mouth– they are probably pretty well drunk right about now!

Antifa is an idea and not an organization and the Climate accord and getting back in it—-by Biden. Those are the two things that actually made me the most furious.

And…does anyone else remember–was it the Carter Administration where you got tax credits for putting in insulation and energy efficient windows, weather stripping and stuff like that? Ah…..yeah. It was during the “energy crisis” in the 70’s! For some reason..snicker—I really don’t think Biden actually knows what the Green New Deal Is.

Can’t wait for the next one!

MAGA

29. Tl Howard says:

Wallace is getting hit from everyone.
    Andy McCarthy’s twitter too.

30. dufrst says:

What Trump has to overcome in this election is incredible. If he wins this election despite it all, it’s truly an act of God and the stuff of legend.

We have to get out and vote. We have to show our enthusiasm. We have to support this campaign with everything we got! We have send this campaign more $$$$$$$.

WE CANNOT LET THEM WIN! Do you want to see Biden raise his hand in victory??? It would be the most egregious thing to ever happen to our nation! God forbid it!

We have only one chance to save this nation from absolute and irreversible peril ! Give it all you got. Don’t assume it will just workout in the end. We all must ensure that our stamp is on this election in multiple ways!

THEY WILL CHEAT! It’s such a terrible thing that is being done to fracture the nation. The Democrat party needs to be banished from the face of the earth! They only divide! It’s what caused the initial civil war and they are begging for a second act. I can’t abide by their viciousness. We need to stand tall. We need to be stronger and more determined to prevail. More than we have ever been before!

Whew! I had to get this off my chest after seeing this damn debate and that damnable moderator Chris Wallace cover for a corrupt old politicians who isn’t worth a damn! Hasn’t done squat for this nation but take from her! He shouldn’t be standing there! He should be in handcuffs with his dirty son!!!

So sick of this! What they doing to Flynn. To Trump. It’s maddening that they get away with it. The freaking media, the FBI director, all the useful imbeciles in Hollywood and in sports, Big Tech, Wall Street, China!! All of them are against us! All of them are arrayed against Trump! It’s so overwhelming. We must stand! We must prevail! Or all is lost! Get out the vote! MAGA!!

31. FPCHmom says:

32. Leon Brozyna says:

Biden came out at the start in a blitzkrieg attack that gradually settled down as the evening wore on. Guess he wanted to make sure he scored some points before he started forgetting things. Will he have enough stamina to make it through the next two debates? But his habit of counting down his points sounded pure politician (no surprise there).

33. Michelle says:

The problem with the debates is that Trump is too genuine of a person to do the classic debate where a politician spews speeches that supposedly sound good but are meaningless. Biden was doing the typical lying (and flat out stealing Trump plans and creating an alternate reality), but Trump was genuinely being in the moment and trying to have a conversation. In the end you could still tell that only Trump knew what he was doing and talking about. Biden was just spouting bull. And when Biden talked about what “he” did during VP, he sounded like a little kid talking about the big grown up chore his daddy gave him to do that he did all by himself!

34. Troublemaker10 says:

35. bertdilbert says:

I wonder if they doped Biden’s blood for the debate?

36. sunnyflower5 says:

Fact Checking Chris Wallace. He failed.

37. Chip Doctor says:

There seems to be a lot of hand wringing here tonight. Maybe I am just biased, but I think PT kicked both of their butts tonight. Chris was clearly angry that he could not “take Trump down”. Joe looked weak and confused to me.

Americans like fairness and it was obvious that this was not fair.

• Right Wing Gal says:

It happened in 2016 too. Everyone was saying he was too nice to Hillary, he let the moderators run the show, he needed to be tougher, lots of “woe is me” going around. Yet Trump won, and not by a little amount.

These debates have never and will never be fair. Period. Remember what Sundance always says, there are trillions at stake.

• RedBallExpress says:

I agree. It is very hard to say what this thing could have turned into if Trump had acted “Presidential” They were ready for that and would have had a field day.

38. Deplorable Canuck says:

You know, some keep expecting the Demtards to play fair but it never happens. Trump would have scored a major knock out, you’re done Biden victory tonight had it not been for the constance interference of Wallace on Biden’s behalf. Wallace needs to feel the heat over that. My final assessment, the bad ship Biden is listing heavily with fires down below and her rudder blown off. She now only has to founder, or be scuttled by her owners! The latter is a real possibility.

39. HillariousClinton says:

There will be a strong call for Biden to not do anymore debates because Orange Man Mean. That’ll be the excuse they use for Biden to stay in the basement.

40. Blind no Longer says:

41. Lion2017 says:

Chris Wallace is being called out on Newsmax for helping Biden, interrupting President Trump & bringing up Charlottesville. The feeling that this was a set up to prove Biden is healthy and that there won’t be anymore debates.

42. nichan says:

Wallace sucks and is unqualified as a fair moderator – deliberately fail to bring Biden to answer why not; when Biden dodged. Biden calling the President names twice – (liar and a clown) while the President didn’t even address Biden with the usual ‘sleepy Joe’. Obviously at one point, subtly teamed up with Biden. Biden blames Trump for COVID deaths, wants the country closed yet talks about people suffering, loss of jobs and all BS but promise the economy under the Green New Deal which he does not support. Unacceptable that Biden wouldn’t say he would not pack the court. What is sure is Biden will not go against the left – that one we already know. It is clearer in this debate. But the lame stream media will crown Biden the winner. Any bets?

43. FPCHmom says:

44. elizabethfar says:

President Trump is our fighter. I loved the debate. President Trump was our magnificent Lion.
    Biden had to be told to back down several times with a voice in his ear wire. At one point he was stabbing the air with a pen in his fist….not a good look. The wild-eyed empty look, too….dead giveaway this man is just a shell. President Trump is fighting for us!!!

45. Fromseatoshinningsea says:

I’ve watched presidential debates for over half a century, read historical accounts of debates prior to Lincoln. Tonight’s debate was a fraud, just like the pandemic is a fraud, the voting will be a fraud, Barry was a fraud, Dementia Joe is a fraud. That’s why PDJT was on attack, he saw the fraud early on and the coordination between Wallace and that cadavar. PDJT was passionate and unscripted when he spoke of millions of fraud ballots. If President Trump cannot stop the fraud, if Biden wins via fraud, which is the only way he can win, the experiment that was America will be permanently changed, gone with the wind.

• two percent neanderthal says:

Fraud is an apt description. The debate was a fraud on the American people perpetrated by Wallace. Biden has always been a fraud. There are unfortunately those useful idiots who prefer the calm of despotism. Most of us who follow CTH prefer the tempestuous open seas of autonomy and liberty.

• hoghead2 says:

joe is truly a fraud. I’ll never forget the 2012 campaign event when biteme told a room full of blacks, “They want to put y’all BACK in chains.”

Hey joe, tell us how YOU will us all together. Scum.

46. Risa says:

Well, if anyone was under any lingering illusion that Fox is even remotely conservative, tonight’s performance by Wallace should have buried that.

47. eric says:

DON’T TELL ME ABOUT A PEACEFUL TRANSITION!!!!!!!!

LINE OF THE NIGHT.

48. Debra says:

So SLO-Joe, who just professed how, oh, so concerned he was about the cooties, walked up to Chris Wallace and extended his hand for a handshake!

To his credit (the only bit he gets after his performance), Chrissy declined to touch that dead skin . .

49. TheTorch says:

Well not the debate I was expecting, but clearly President Trump decided from the outset, that he was going to interrupt and get out a number of important attack lines, and also put pressure on Biden to lose his cool.

The key things I think come from this, is showing Biden he is not the Mr. Nice Guy the media have been portraying. Remember President Trump being tough / aggressive is already expected and baked in the cake, but not seeing what Biden did as Richard Baris rightly points out:

and Barnes also points out about the Hunter Biden stuff:

The point to remember is this debate was for President Trump to tell voters about things the media is not telling them… and in that he succeeded.

I think there were a few missed opportunities that I picked up on, for President Trump. I think he could of dealt with the Fine People Hoax once and for all which he didn’t and also when talking about Covid and the rallies, he could of mentioned the safety precautions in place, like temperature testing for people entering. Also I don’t think Criminal Justice Reform and Alice Johnson was mentioned (and she was present tonight). But in a heated, dare I say messy debate like this, easy to miss a few targets.

Still remember the only two things Biden has going for him is Covid and Decency (which does show up in polling), on both of these I think he came of worse tonight, and if that starts to show up in polling data, then this debate has worked out rather well for President Trump.

Wallace was a train wreck – and worse than I expected and did a lot of damage to himself.

• HillariousClinton says:

Biden also referenced a couple of times that Trump was in some bunker…I was expecting him to call out Joe in his basement but he didn’t. That was a missed opportunity I thought. But when your in the heat of it, I’m sure you can’t think of everything…

• TheTorch says:

That is a fair point, could of come back with Basement Biden LOL 🙂

Other thing I forgot to mention above, is that the Law and Order part of the debate was a disaster for Biden. President Trump piled on the pressure in that segment.

Also mentioning the 300,000 deaths due to the incompetent VA under Obama/Biden was also smart, I completely forgot about the disaster that was under them… and helped to blunt the Covid 200,000 attack line from Biden.

• lackawaxen123 says:

he didn’t need too … every American knows Joe is hiding in his basement …

• mike says:

Biden was destroyed. He just mumbled and looked like a frightened little girl anytime the President went after him with the truth. He’d have broken into tears without Wallace rushing in to save him, every single time!

• Judith says:

I did see sleepy Joes bottom lip quiver a few times, like he would break into tears at any moment. But Chrissie always came to the rescue.

• pap says:

the problem with this debate was the format and wallace.
      wallace asks a question to trump. Trump does his best to answer the question truthfully Then it’s deamon joe’s turn to lie about trump for 2 minutes. and wallace let every lie go unquestioned.

Trump had no chance but to interrupt because wallaces willingness to let the lies fly from the deamon’s mouth…