President Trump appears on Fox News for an interview with Pete Hegseth to discuss the nomination of Judge Amy Coney Barrett to the supreme court.  President Trump discusses the background of the nomination and the potential opposition to Barrett’s nomination as contrast against the severe political antagonism currently in Washington DC.

Strategically the nomination of Barrett at this moment in time is very smart. No Democrat senators are going to support any nominee regardless of disposition. Why not nominate the most conservative judge possible knowing the vote will come down to pure partisan politics.

This entry was posted in Activist Judges, Big Government, Donald Trump, Election 2020, President Trump, Supreme Court, Uncategorized, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

132 Responses to Sunday Talks – President Trump Extensive Interview Discussing Supreme Court Nomination…

1. Patrick healy says:

What a master tactician you lucky lucky people have as your President.

• freepetta says:

And who is your president/prime minister?

• Patrick healy says:

Here in the Marxist enclave of Scotland we have a wee womman called Nicola Sturgeon who is as deranged as your Nancy Pelosi. Sadly the sheeple thinks she doing a great job of fooling all of the people all of the time.

• freepetta says:

Sorry Patrick that is awful. Unfortunately the media plays a big part in pulling the wool over people’s eyes.

• mspsgt says:

Well, Patrick, you may be a distant cousin of mine as I’m genetically 34 percent Scottish. I’m just glad my ancestors saw fit to make their way over to America in the 1600’s and take up residence here.

• Jim in TN says:

How can anybody be about1/3rd of anything? (33.3333333%)

1/2, 1/4th, 1/8th I understand. Even 3/8ths, or 37.5% I understand. That would be three great grandparents.

Could it be that you are 11/32nds, 34.375%? Or 43/128ths, 33.59375%? Both of those round to 34%.

This far back, I don’t really want to try getting the number of greats right, you may start to find some inbreeding, complicating things.

But going back to the 1600’s is amazing. Way back further than 1 part in 128. Which should be about 2020 minus (your age plus 140 years). If you were 60, that would be about 1820.

• Dekester says:

Patrick, I was born and raised in Scotland. Vancouver B.C. has been my home for forty years.

I called my best mate growing up yesterday. He and his group of acquaintances at the local golf course despise Sturgeon.

I remember the term “ The Red Clyde” it seems like nothing has changed.

Cheers

• Patrick healy says:

Dekester, and others,
            Thank you all.
            It is getting really serious in Scotland now with the fascists trying to imprison a University students with all pubs and clubs having a 10pm curfew imposed by our wee womman.
            The have expanded testing and naturally are finding an upsurge in “cases” and blaming students for it.
            As you would expect virtually no one is dying from this Chinese Flu. The. “cases” which could be due to the residue of any virus which a person had up to 5 years ago are being used to herd the steeple into the Marxist gulag.
            It’s 0900 here in Carnoustie and I am off to hit some golf balls.

• WSB says:

Sorry to hear, Patrick. Divine Intervention, and a lot of voter force. We pray for your side of the pond, because…

If i’taint Sco’ish…izzzz CRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPP!

• fred5678 says:

I toured Hadrian’s Wall back in 1983 on a business trip to UK.

Amazing that the all-conquering Romans gave up trying to conquer Scotland and instead built … wait for it .. A MIGHTY WALL!!

• USTerminator says:

It is the Devine intervention on the faithful day Nov 8, 2016. We are looking into the abyss of permanent majority liberal government for generation to come. Then Boom, God works in a mysterious way and turning the tide, saving the Republic with President Trump elected. Now we are on the cusp of sealing the conservative USSC for many decades to come.

• ReglarMerican says:

Who else would like to fast and pray on debate day this Tuesday?
        (no need to answer, just quietly anonymously in your prayer closet is the best)
        Every little bit is welcome. Even just skip eating lunch and instead use the time to pray.
        I think you all know what to pray for.

• Dekester says:

Great idea Merican,

I will pray and try to remember not to eat. ( is coffee okay😉)

• KT Prayer Warrior says:

Dekester, it’s your call. Important part is t hat day is set aside for turning it over to God. For me, a big grazing eater, every time I think of crossing the threshold to the kitchen, I turn around and talk with God some more instead. Set the rules up in order to spend the most time with God. This is what He loves….our relationship with Him about all things in our lives!

I am in too, Mericanl

• Mike Van says:

Can’t fast right now. Have wing’s marinating. Will fast for 8 hrs later tho.😊

• NICCO says:

Amen,let God arise and His enemies be scattered.In 2016 I prayed during debates to confound and confuse the enemies camp.Father ,we thank you that your hand is upon our president mightily,we cover him with the precious shed blood of Jesus Christ,and decree and declare Zachariah 2;5 over him and his family..Let the fire of your glory surround them and that no witchcraft,no voodoo,no hex,no vex,no curse no power,no principality and no demon in hell shall prosper against them.Father we ask that you dispatch legions of your warring angelic hosts to destroy every plot and plan of the enemy.Father let your anointing rest strongly upon him at all times and our nation is brought totally back to you.Father ,we praise you,we glorify you in the name above all names ,Jesus Christ,King of Kings,Lord of Lords and soon to return Messiah,Amen.

• leavemygunsalone says:

Perfect suggestion. My prayer closet is my heart, so it is always w/me, but fasting is an excellent addition.

• paper doll says:

Indeed!

• doyouseemyvision says:

No darn kidding. We thank our lucky stars every day and we don’t take him for granted.
      Four more years.

• Jeff says:

It reminds me of Crocodile Dundee, when his girlfriend warns him, “Be careful, Mick, this isn’t a game.”
      Dundee looks back at her and calmly replies, “It is to me.”

2. TrumpPatriot says:

I wish Republicans would pressure MCConnell to call the vote and forget hearings. She just went through hearings for the Circuit position, was fully vetted by Senate. To allow another nominee to be humiliated and smeared is not acceptable. Not acceptable. It will all be political with no real intent as to judiciary. They are already calling her to recuse from election cases. NO! Make the appointment and give her time to settle before the. Our tie bombarded with election cases. Thwart the evil, CALL THE VOTE!

• bayoukiki says:

I firmly believe the plan is to invite the Dems to attempt to Kavenaugh her just before the election believing the attacks will result in centrists who can’t vote for DJT to vote “other” or not at all

• Irisheyes says:

I agree that it’s all part of the RINO plan to submarine the nomination. There is no other reason to delay a vote, and they know the longer it takes, the more pressure will be applied to the “squishes”.

That way McConnell and Graham can wring their hands and whine “well, we tried”.

• logboom says:

The short answer is that McConnell ( and Graham) have agreed to the timeline in exchange for certain Rhino votes to secure ACB out of committee and a full vote on the Senate floor.. You know who they are…..

• Most certainly. Priorities are PDJT reelection, keep the Senate and Take the house in that order. Confirmation of Judge Barret before election day (the sooner the better) will increase the chances of achieving those priorities. Give the dims enough time in the confirmation process to dig themselves a deeper hole. Just make sure Judge Barret is confirmed before election day (I repeat the sooner the better).

• Judith says:

Yeah.. Crazy Nanzi and the Dimmies are damned if they do and damned if they don’t, aren’t they? Talk about owning the downside! Our very stable genius, President Donald J Trump, strikes AGAIN!

We are NOT TIRED of winning, Mr President, not even a little bit! 😻

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Would also like to hear Mitch & Lindsey explain why we have to wait 16 days before the hearings start? The democRATS do not deserve any more TV camera time to spout out their angry ramblings about “Orange man bad;” so start the hearings next Wednesday and have a vote the following Monday. Just do it!

• Kroesus says:

A portion of the delay is to allow one on one meetings by ACB with Senators. Certainly, this could be done in less than 16 days but I think a part of it is out to the floor by 26 Oct. This puts the full Senate confirmation vote literally days before the physical polling on 3 Nov. The rancor and side each Senator up for reelection takes will be very fresh in voters’ minds as they “pull the lever.”

• Not correct. Here is what Lindsey said today:
          “More than half of the Supreme Court justices who have had hearings were done within 16 days or less, so we’ll start on Oct. 12,” the South Carolina Republican said on Fox News.
          “We’ll have a day of introduction. We’ll have two days of questioning, Tuesday and Wednesday, and on [Oct. 15] we’ll begin the markup.”

“We’ll hold it over for a week, and we’ll report her nomination out of the committee on Oct. 22,” Graham continued. “Then it will be up to Sen. [Mitch] McConnell as to what to do with the nomination once it comes out of committee.”

• iswhatitis says:

I guess we have no choice but to wait and see how well the actual timeline fares (vs. the projected timeline presented here); what with the insertion of reality into the mix.

As others have posited elsewhere; who knows what might “muck up” that projected timeline with “unanticipated” delays.

We all await the actual with bated breath…

• nimrodman says:

“literally days before the physical polling”

Yeah, and I see that as a problem

String things out to the last frikkin minute and guess what?

Senate Chamber bomb scare phoned in

Senate Chamber mysterious white powder discovered and must be remediated for several days

… you get the picture

“Oops – we couldn’t get to it before the election … imagine that …”

• Joshua2415 says:

Trust me on this. Lindsay wants the nomination vote the week before election day. He wants to be able to run his Sunday talk show SCOTUS victory lap just before South Carolinians head to the polls.

• albertus magnus says:

This is exactly right. SCOTUS confirmations are ALWAYS winners for the GOP in the public arena. This takes the campaign off covid-24-7 and the campaign will be ACB, nightly airport rallies and the debates.

This is almost too good to be true and we are looking at a substantial electoral college win for our President.

Work hard. Keep the faith. And share the joy! MAGA/KAG and watch history!

• john says:

Possibly so. Then fine. Better him than losing the seat to a Democratic. Period.

• paper doll says:

Indeed. The Dems may not be thrilled with their ticket, but delaying this vote will keep them in a fever pitch to vote for said ticket…..As you say, just do it.

• Kate says:

Vespucciland, waiting the 16 days is for their fund raising, I have already had several e-mails from McConnell just for that. Money talks instead of what is right for our country.

• L4grasshopper says:

The “go along to get along” DNA in the GOP is very powerful.

Plus…Republicans are always embarrassed to wield power, while Dems are always overeager and giddy about it 😎

• Dutchman says:

Trumppatriot;
      IMHO you start with a flawed premise, that McConnell gives a rats *ss what Republicans (presumably you mean RepubliCAN voters?) want.

His actions, inactions, words and deafening silences, over the last 4 years, as well as the previous 8, make it abundantly clear he does NOT CARE what we think.

He views US the same way Nanzi does; unwashed rabble too stupid to know whats good for us. He lives in the same different world, totally detached from our reality, as ALL the “Political Elites” of the Davos crowd.

3. Bree says:

We love our Lion!!!

4. Patience says:

I LOVE me MY President Donald J Trump !!!
    ~>He IS the BEST

5. Big Jake says:

Read “Boyd: The Fighter Pilot Who Changed the Art of War” by Coram and you’ll understand Trump–maneuver warfare.

6. Big Jake says:

7. prtomr says:

Why would Ms. Lindsay put hearings off until Oct 12 and committee vote until Oct 26?

8. Walt says:

Since so many political appointees have “gone their own way” after appointment/confirmation, I like to ask the questions no one else seems to ask.

If a nominee to the SC is confirmed and then announces…..
    “Due to the proximity of the election to my confirmation and in the interest of fairness and equitability, I have chosen to recuse myself from any matters related to the election”, could this be a problem?

If the recusal were known by some ahead of time, it could explain the out of character support from those who would normally oppose the appointment (think Romney) and it gives a great political cover for others who can say “I voted for the appointee, what happened afterwards is not my fault”.

Of course, I only ask the question hypothetically as we know it’s unheard of for a well vetted, well credentialed appointee to recuse themselves without any “heads up” being given to the person making the nomination. /s

• Bigly says:

My thinking exactly. For trump not to ask “are you Jeff sessions Weak” is a fatal mistake – if it happens we shouldn’t be surprised.

I love trump but this pick is all luck and no skill. Who cares how much the swamp wants her – I would want to know – are you right like scalia or like Roberts /Souter? Jesus – life long and you didn’t ask basic tenants of why we choose right? I call foul. I know a lot of Catholics with adopted babies from Haiti and they are far from conservative spectrum. That said, I’ve never read one of her opinions and I adored scalia. That’s the only fact here that has me holding down my breakfast.

We don’t need FBI director Frey on the Supreme Court.

Maybe the libs nuke her and he comes back with + 2 in the senate to go back with Barbara – who has lives and breathes conservatism.

I trust trump but geez – how could you not press her on recusing herself from “Pope Francis” opinions?

• GrandpaM says:

Isn’t that nice, capitalize pope francis, but not President Trump.

• Deb says:

“Render onto Caesar.”

People really don’t get it, do they?

When a pope like Francis gets political, almost all Catholics ignore it. Because he has no authority in that area. The days of people giving deference to the Pope’s political opinions are over. That was only done out of respect and deference, or for a perceived political advantage it might bring, and it was never a moral obligation for Catholics to do so.

So when a silly little man like Francis becomes Pope and sputters heresy, we ignore it. If he goes further and tries to change dogma or church teaching, he will be deposed.

ABC seems to know her faith, and so she will follow the teachings of the church, not the Pope. And the church teachings are decidedly conservative, even if heretics like Pelosi can’t admit it.

• WRB says:

If a nominee to the SC is confirmed and then announces…..

I heard there is chance an asteroid will strike the earth. So many worries….

9. CountryClassVulgarian says:

Difi needs time to find all the black children she adopted from Haiti and used as slaves or traded to hunter biden…

10. Pa Hermit says:

I still maintain a fear of deception like I have never seen before on the horizon. I don’t want to sell our POTUS short, but the total opposition that is against him and the lowness of their deeds really doesn’t fit the America spirit. As I have previously stated, this will be the first time in my 70+ years that I will vote straight Republican. I had always looked down my nose a a one Party vote and always tried to get the best of both worlds elected, but this is radically different! Ever since 2010, I have had reservations of the Left, but the one that shook me was the 2012 and deleting God from their platform. Now everything seems much clearer and fits that bill of the Left pretending not to know! Amazing how the people seem to favor Biden/Harris with all his issues that has to have been shown to most everyone by now. I understand the line up against Trump is huge, but hard to fathom 10 plus points behind! I sure hope this not gonna be knockdown drag out fight cuz the people see through a lot of this charade, but the level of deception is very very concerning to me. I often wonder how these Lefties we keep hearing about, when they look in the mirror to shave, or put makeup on, what do they truly see?

• Jimmy Jack says:

You sound like a very sincere person. The fact it took the Democrats actually taking God out of the convention is what it took for joy to finally see what was happening for well over a decade is disconcerting to me about voters like yourself in general. Good people who think they’re doing the right thing. But when people show you who they are you have to believe them.

I am thankful your eyes were opened to this deception and pray for you that they are opened to all of this evil. Look at everything with extreme skepticism and through the lens of a Christian patriot.

• the phoenix says:

Pa Hermit,

In answer to your question, “I often wonder how these Lefties we keep hearing about, when they look in the mirror to shave, or put makeup on, what do they truly see?”

It’s said that vampires do not have a reflection …

11. Road Runner says:

Carpe Diem

12. Mike in a Truck says:

The Squish Repubs are doing this on purpose. No reason not to have the vote this week. “Decorum” and “reaching across the aisle” in the “name of bipartisanship “wont get them any points with the Left, MSM, or thire masters the CCP.They will still be hated. Theres nothing to be learned or gained by holding hearings except to give the DemCong a platform to posture and spew their vile demonic hate. F them.

13. Sooooo, who believes that Hiden will suddenly disclose that he has been exposed to the big Chi-com Flu and must quarantine for 14 days or maybe even weeks(?); therefore no debates!!

Gran Nan has been signalling “Do not debate”.

Which is worse for the lyin D’s and Hiden: Debate? NO Debate?

And finally, I think it’s possible the D’s BELIEVE the polls and Hiden is going to win, therefore, no need to bring him out of the basement and take a chance.

14. Smart for VSGT in Appointing also the most appealing one , with American “ mom “ values that many can identify with and will not like seeing attacked by professional doctrinaire hack politicians

• ReglarMerican says:

Methinks the suburban moms can relate to this nominee – and those voters are just now starting to pay attention to the race.

• Sentient says:

They’ll probably like Amy Coney Barrett a little more after the hearings, but they’ll DISLIKE Kamala Harris a LOT more after the hearings. Harris has a practiced smile, but she won’t be using it during the hearings, and she’s not likable.

15. Tiffthis says:

If this gets dragged out, it only fires up Trump’s base. If she gets confirmed before the election, it fires up Trumps base. What will the Dems do? 😉😅

• Wethal says:

They fire up their base with “women dying from botched illegal abortions, children dying because their family lost Obamacare coverage, everyone dying from air pollution because SCOTUS uphled Trum’s change to EPA regulationa, and allowed all that fracking….”The Dems have been pulling in millions since Ginsberg died with this sort of appeal.

• Toenail says:

The dims need an even court in order to tie-up, fog. drag out, and confuse the election. The RINO’s may give it to them.

16. Jimmy Jack says:

I guess my question is centered around this – is she the most conservative judge to nominate? Or does she just look like that on paper bc of the religion and large family? Makes me wonder if Trumpisnt putting her front and center for exposure of other things and for the obvious political strategy stated above knowing he has a preferred choice. I’d wondered that before.

• OffCourseNation says:

Yes, experience tells us that such things as ‘most conservative judge to nominate’ can only be accurately seen in the rear view mirror.

17. Magabear says:

I respectfully disagree with our host on both tactics and “most conservative” of the judges on the list, but I’ll keep it at that.

Carry on. 🙂

18. old deplorable owl says:

Surely there is a record of the yeas & nays of her previous confirmation? I know the dhimmicrats don’t comprehend the concept of shame, but might the previous votes provide some wee bit of leverage?

19. Wethal says:

The Dems launched the first salvo today, “Barrett will vote to overturn Obamacare,” with everyone form Biden on down pushing this. The Dem journolist of tlaking points must have gone out last night at 5:01 pm EDT.

• Sentient says:

We’re going back to what we had before Obamacare??? So my premiums and deductibles will drop by 70% ? Oh, the horror!

• Judith says:

But wait.. Didn’t our President just sign an Executive Order preserving healthcare coverage for pre-existing conditions?

Oh.. but the ENEmedia will never report the truth.

Not to mention.. the fact that our President fought big pharma to drastically reduce the *price* of medications to American consumers.. why should Americans pay QUADRUPLE the cost for their medical care than every other country?

• Judith says:

Obamacare ensures that our tax dollars go straight to big pharma. All Obamacare ever did was *increase* medical costs to American consumers, with taxpayers footing the bill. As always.

• Magabear says:

It also gave people a shiny plastic Obozocare card that meant you could wait in long lines and pay expensive deductables. Can’t get a (raw) deal like that just anywhere. 😉😄

20. PaulCohen says:

DemocRAT pols exploring the latest propaganda tactic against ACB….. “white woman shame”…..

21. nimrodman says:

According to Leftists, we’re apparently supposed to have some imagined deep reverence for Ruthie’s “last wish”

To quote Deputy Wendell in No Country for Old Men:
    “Then there’s this other …”

• Sentient says:

Ginsburg’s strongest wish was apparently that no black person ever get hired to clerk at the Supreme Court. Only 1 of her 150 clerks was black. Wouldn’t surprise me if the KKK posthumously awarded her an honorary membership.

• Walt says:

When Potus was asked about the “last wish” of ruthie being to not fill the seat until a “new” president is seated, the answer was simple… “The taxpayers shouldn’t have to wait four years for a vacancy on the court to be filled so I will fill it now”.

• vikingmom says:

A perfect answer! He was nicer than I would have been honestly! I probably would have said, “Well, if she wanted to have input on her successor she should have resigned years ago…but she chose to play the odds that she could outlive ME and she lost her bet!”

22. CTH Fan says:

You do realize that by using the timeline that McConnel and Graham have agreed on that any attempts to bring order to the ballot process has been denied.

RNC and President Trump have many court cases pending on mail-in ballots and voter fraud. It goes without saying that they will all eventually go to the SC. At present there is a 4/4 split which means stalemate. It will remain that way until the end of October. Meaning, no way can this be resolved before Election Day.

They have given the Dems the opportunity for mass fraud, not only for the Presidency but also their own campaigns. Surely by now the President can see what they are up to.

It is time to inundate McConnel and Graham with phone calls and mail denouncing what they are doing. They must think the American people are really stupid.

All the more reason to Stay Strong, Never Give Up and Never Give In. This really is a stand for the Constitution and Freedom.

• CTH Fan says:

4/4 split because Justice Roberts always sides with the Dems in critical cases. Regardless of Constitutionality. Case in point, Obamacare.

• rayvandune says:

Any time you see a traitor like Romney doing something apparently honorable, look for the knife in their other hand.

• Dutchman says:

One only has to listen to McConnells two recent statements, one on ballot integrity, the other on “transition of Power”.

It is very clear from those statements, where he DIRECTLY contradicts PDJT, that he is “all in” on the latest nefarious scheme to fudge up the election.

Graham is just McConnells biotch.
      Therefore, even approaching election, they prioritise getting PDJT out of the Oval office, far above any opinions we little people might have.

Emails, texts and even letters simply ARE NOT going to cut it.

23. PaulCohen says:

That the loathsome Nicolle Wallace was ever part of a “GOP” admin. is yet another strike against the vile RINO party…..

• Sentient says:

There’s a word for women who hold those kind of traditional values: Happy

• Funny , that shrew Wallace (BFF with Katie -now forgotten-Couric) should read Never Trumper Peggy Noonan’s column this weekend defending and explaining this PofP thing and warning Dems that not a good way to win votes attacking > So Never Trumper Noonan ,despite her severe TDS, swerves into VSGT’s lane to defend the beliefs of ACB . VSGT is a genius

• Dutchman says:

Do we really NEED additional “proof”?
      RNC pushed McCain in 2008, and Romney/Ryan in 2012, and Jeb in 2016.

Weismann, Comey, Mueller rose to high positions in govt, during the BUSH administration.

Papa Bush lent his name to Bills rape and Pillage of Haiti. What part of UNIPARTY is it, that people don’t understand?

The Dems distract us, focusing our attention and anger on them, while the Rinos put a hand on our shoulder, call us “friend”, and then stab us in the back.

• CharterOakie says:

Nicolle Wallace is indeed as loathsome as they come.

Conniving, backstabbing bitch. She, perhaps more than anyone, orchestrated the media ambush of Governor and VP nominee Sarah Palin in 2008.

If she were torn to shreds by a pack of wolves, I would be shocked but not the least bit saddened.

(Forgive me, Lord.)

• CountryClassVulgarian says:

There is no scum, no filth beneath which these people cannot/will not crawl.

24. jkcinsalem says:

They need to get this matter finished, the sooner the better. Totally partisan. By Election Day, they will be thinking about other things. Not a good time to be a democrat.

25. There is no reason that the hearings couldn’t start next week, and no reason it has to wait so long to bring it up for a vote. Disgusting Senate Republicans …

• Wethal says:

They have to work around the schedules of GOP senators up for re-election in tight races, One reason the Dems will drag this out is to keep those senators in DC and away from the campaign trail. (And of course, to drag it out past the election.)

26. msidaho says:

oooooh!
    the river of fear and panic runs fast and deep at the TreeHouse Today!
    It’s really hard to wade thru all the negativity.

Everyone seems to have forgotten about ‘The Art of the Deal’ when discussing Lindsay and McConnell. More than that, everyone seems to have forgotten that our Lion DOES NOT LOSE
    Look back for a moment. THEY did not stop Trump’s nomination, did not stop his election win, were not successful with any coup attempts, impeachment failed, economy is roaring back.

THEY think they are smarter, are trying to convince themselves that they will win – even with fake president and VP candidates.

Wish we could exhibit the same enthusiasm that ‘peaceful protest’ rally goers exhibit.
    Wish folks would remember that ‘thoughts are things.’ Putting out negative thoughts may overpower positive ones. IMO Prayers are even better – especially celebratory ones

Just because you cannot see the path to victory does not mean that one does not exist
    Please excuse my rant

27. dallasdan says:

SD:
    “Why not nominate the most conservative judge possible knowing the vote will come down to pure partisan politics.”

I find this statement very comforting.

28. Deception Stinks says:

As of today, Monday the 28th … all the chatter about Barrett being Catholic is a joke. Half or more of D.C. are Catholic as well as media. This is more of a concern as well as possibility of vaccine mandates relative to COVID:

★★Judge Amy Coney Barrett Recently Approved Democrat COVID-19 Lockdown Policies – Big League Politics ~ 9/23/20 ~ https://bigleaguepolitics.com/judge-amy-comey-barrett-recently-approved-democrat-covid-19-lockdown-policies/