Thursday September 24th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

105 Responses to Thursday September 24th – Open Thread

1. Garrison Hall says:

Triumphant goodness. John Unger and his elderly friend Schoep . . .

2. Lucille says:

HAPPY BENCH CURSDAY…

“THE DOG” By Ogden Nash

The truth I do not stretch or shove
    When I state a dog is full of love.
    I’ve also found, by actual test,
    A wet dog is the lovingest.

3. Deplorable_Infidel says:

From A to C to E

By Pastor Kevin Sadler

“In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you” (1 Thes. 5:18).

The story is told about a man who decided to fly his lighter-than-air balloon all the way around the world. So, on Day 1, he planned to fly from City A to City B. But a wind came along that he hadn’t counted on, and he found himself being forced to land in City C. He didn’t know much about City C. But that is where he found himself, so he stayed there for a while and discovered that it was a pretty nice place to be. He saw all the sights, enjoyed the people, and made new friends in City C. Then he decided to fly from City C to City D. But another contrary wind came and forced him to land in City E. He didn’t even know that City E existed, but there he was. So he met the people, absorbed their culture, looked at all the sights, and made new friends in City E, too. He made his way around the world, not exactly landing everywhere he had planned, landing in different places from time to time, but finding blessings everywhere he went.

Life is a lot like that, isn’t it? You may be at A, thinking that you’re going to B, but something happens, and suddenly you find yourself at C. That wasn’t what you had planned, but you find blessings at C you didn’t even know existed. Wherever you are in life, in whatever circumstance, we can thank God. God is at work, and we find blessings to be thankful for in whatever place He brings us in life, and in the things He teaches us in them, and how He brings us closer to Himself by them.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

4. Lucille says:

“Numb” composed by Linkin Park – played by Luka Sulic with Evgeny Genchev on piano
    MUSIC KNOWS “NO BORDERS” FESTIVAL – July 25, 2020, Fusine Lakes, Tarvisio, Italy

5. NICCO says:

Father ,we thank you that your hand is upon our president mightily,we cover him with the precious shed blood of Jesus Christ,and decree and declare Zachariah 2;5 over him and his family..Let the fire of your glory surround them and that no witchcraft,no voodoo,no hex,no vex,no curse no power,no principality and no demon in hell shall prosper against them.Father we ask that you dispatch legions of your warring angelic hosts to destroy every plot and plan of the enemy.Father let your anointing rest strongly upon him at all times and our nation is brought totally back to you.Father ,we praise you,we glorify you in the name above all names ,Jesus Christ,King of Kings,Lord of Lords and soon to return Messiah,Amen.

6. Garrison Hall says:

It’s an old photo I’ve carried in my wallet for . . . my entire adult life in fact. First loves are the stuff of literature because they almost always end in disasters large and small. I carry the photo to remind me of the wonderful gift she gave to me. I moved away, our lives separated and we each went off on our life’s adventures. But, I never forgot her because she taught me the meaning of friendship. A lot of guys go through their entire lives never really understanding how rewarding being friends with women can be. It took me awhile to realize this, but knowing her at such a young age pointed me in the right direction. Looking back I can see now that she was always a few steps ahead of me, waiting patiently for me to take that next important step. . .

7. Garrison Hall says:

It’s the beginning of Fall weather and there’s a hint of a chill here in Texas tonight. Soon we’ll be smelling fireplaces going to welcome in the Fall. In honor of the arrival of Fall weather along with tonight being Cursday Thursday, I’d like to post a favorite passage from one of my favorite books. This is from Home Waters by Joseph Monninger. I can’t recommend this little book enough. It’s a story that can be read again and again without ever seeming to grow old.

“I took Nellie on a last walk before we went to bed. We walked down the paved road that fronted the motel, then I let her go to investigate a patch of grass. She was lazy and docile, tired from a day wading in the water. A few snowflakes began to fall. When she came back to me, I put her on the leash again and waited awhile in the darkness. You could see a long way. Snowflakes pulled each other down out the sky like white spiders softly dipping onto grass.”

—From Home Waters by Joseph Monninger

8. Lucille says:

The Canines of Autumn….

9. Sepp says:

. . . but deliver us from the Evil One.

10. Sepp says:

Prayer of Saint Ioannikios the Great (+ 846)

My hope is the Father, my refuge the Son, my protection the Holy Spirit. O Holy Trinity, glory to Thee.

11. Charlotte Powell Brooks says:

Baby Lives Matter.

12. Ocelot says:

Apparently Ron Howard, whose movies have won 9 Oscars and 4 Golden Globes, is too white and therefore unqualified to direct a movie about Chinese pianist Lang Lang says upset Chinese born Director Lulu Lang.

• Ocelot says:

Here is a musical tribute to Hollywood when it actually produced entertainment and not Woke lectures and racist BLM Marxism

• Ocelot says:

Time for bed (PDT) Correction–“Wang” not Lang.

• Tornarosa says:

Thanks Ocelot. Here’s something for Autumn. I can see how an understanding of “the impact of the Cultural Revolution on artists & intellectuals + the effects of Western imperialism” would be important to understand hands that fall on the keyboard like Autmn leaves

• weather257 says:

My mother used to play this while we napped…walls were thin so could hear her music. Wonderful memories!

• Ocelot says:

Tornarosa:

I fully agree with you that a deep understanding of Chinese history, art, etc is very important for the proposed movie if accuracy or depth is part of their goal. Unfortunately as you know, accuracy has often not been one of Hollywood’s requirements for a movie “based on a real story” and they will now alter any facts that the Chi Coms might demand.

But Howard didn’t have a degree in aerospace engineering and he hadn’t traveled on “Apollo 13” to the moon in April of 1970 when he made the movie of the aborted mission in 1995. I presume he and his screenwriter will absorb as much insight and knowledge about Lang Lang’s experiences from him and from many others like he did with the Apollo mission and some of his other movies.

Your brief comment indicates you could add some useful insight to it.

• Tornarosa says:

Thanks for the thoughtful comment Ocelot. I actually agree with you completely. My remark was tongue-in-cheek and meant to mock the sentiment that CCP politics has something to do with this. I have nothing but disdain for Chinese politics, especially Mao’s Great Leap Forward, where all vestiges of ancient Chinese culture and musical instruments were piled up and burned.

I was thinking how remarkable that we are treated to a wonderful performance of a work by a long-gone German composer on an amazing instrument by a Chinese musician recorded, stored, transmitted and reproduced by electrical engineers or sorts.

Ciao!

• Ocelot says:

Thanks for the video Tornarosa.

It fits the “Autumn leaves” description perfectly and it sparked a special memory.

When I was dating my soon to be wife long ago, she unexpectedly began to play this song on a piano in a local meeting hall that we were checking out. She had already won me over at first sight but I was really surprised and impressed how well she could play the piano. She never stopped impressing me until nature intervened.

• herebouts says:

I’ve grown weary of these race-baiters like Lulu Wang.

13. Lucille says:

Excerpt from Representative Jaime Herrera Beutler’s Newsletter for Southwest Washington’s 3rd District…

Special legislative maneuver would force extension of expired small business relief: here’s how it works

I’m taking the lead on employing a rarely-used legislative maneuver, called a discharge petition, to make the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) a priority for Congress.

The PPP has been a bridge for almost 9,500 small businesses in Southwest Washington, and millions across the nation, but it expired on August 8 — even though it has nearly $135 billion in unspent funds.

If we’re successful in gathering the 218 Member signatures needed, the House would then vote on a bill to extend the expired program. Failing to extend it will mean countless businesses will not get the assistance they need to keep their doors open.

National Publication, The Hill, is reporting that a number of House Democrat members are “strongly considering” bucking Nancy Pelosi and working with me to help our nation’s small businesses.

14. Dora says:

15. Dora says:

16. David Hertle says:

I once asked in prayer –
    “How do I know how to vote?
    I heard –
    “Learn their position on
    1) the unborn child,
    2) the Nation of Israel, and
    3) the Lord Jesus Christ,
    and then you will know how to vote”
    On this day We thank God again for
    giving us Donald J. Trump.

• mac says:

DH,
      Excellent criteria! In all seriousness, if you’re right on those three issues, you’ll be hard put to go too far wrong in anything else of serious import.

• David Hertle says:

Years later, as I have reflected on that moment, back in 1988, I realize I did not hear a “Correct Answer” in the response. I just heard to become informed on those positions and then, with that information, I would know how to vote. The gentle voice of the Holy Spirit.
        I have applied it ever since across the board, even on state and local candidates and for me it works every time.
        Call it a spiritual litmus test, but the other issues of fiscal responsibility, respect for office, duty to the Nation, listening to the constituency, and service to others all just seem to flow out of those three simple positions.
        Just apply them to the current and recent Presidents and see how easily they immediately highlight the difference.

• Blessingsuntoyou says:

I read this prayer and exclaimed out loud “Oh God!”
      Exactly the point!

17. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

18. mac says:

Apropos of nothing, looking at RBG and Keith Richards made me think they must have a close ancestor in common. Who knows, maybe if Ruthie had smoked, drank heavily, and picked up a heroin habit somewhere along the way, she might still be with us!

19. TwoLaine says:

This is the coolest. I had to share. The Purple Martin Highrise in the Purple Martin Capital of the Nation, Griggsville, IL.

20. An American says:

Unseal and release all of Obama’s personal life history documents/records from the time of his birth through to his election to the Senate.

Requesting for an avid Obama supporter.

21. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day for Thursday, September 24, 2020

“Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:”
    Luke 6:37 (KJV)

22. Linda K. says:

“Into White” from Tea for the Tillerman by Cat Stevens. A great album!

23. 4EDouglas says:

Well it is raining in Oregon God’s blessing. the Great Tanker Pilot is giving us a long trail drop of rain all over the state.

• warrprin1 says:

Pacific NW “weather” is the best thing that can happen right now. Put out the fires, and put the rioters back into the basement where they belong.

God’s blessing as 4E said, “the Great Tanker Pilot” –
      cannot be overstated, or over estimated.

24. Linda K. says:

oops, I pray and pray, but the children play and play…projection.

25. lambgraham says:

Prayers for Dan Bongino. He stated on his show yesterday that he has a growth on his neck that may be cancer. He will know more in a week or 2.
    He has done 100 times more than Barr-zini to expose the people involved in the coup against President Trump.

26. just stevie says:

THE “GO” OF PREPARATION

“Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there thou rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.” Matthew v. 23, 24

It is easy to imagine that we will get to a place where we are complete and ready, but preparation is not suddenly accomplished, it is a process steadily maintained. It is dangerous to get into a settled state of experience. It is preparation AND preparation.

The sense of sacrifice appeals readily to a young Christian. Humanly speaking, the one thing that attracts to Jesus Christ is our sense of the heroic, and the scrutiny of Our Lord’s words suddenly brings this tide of enthusiasm to the test. “First be reconciled to thy brother.” The “go” of preparation is to let the word of God scrutinize. The sense of heroic sacrifice is not good enough. The thing the Holy Spirit is detecting in you is the disposition that will never work in His service. No one but God can detect that disposition in you. Have you anything to hide from God? If you have, then let God search you with His light. If there is sin, CONFESS it, not ADMIT it. Are you willing to obey your Lord and Master whatever the humiliation to your right to yourself may be?

Never discard a conviction. If it is important enough for the Spirit of God to have brought it to your mind, it is a thing He is detecting. You were looking for a great thing to give up. God is telling you of some tiny thing; but at the back of it there lies the central citadel of obstinacy: I will not give up my right to myself – the thing God intends you to give up if ever you are going to be a disciple of Jesus Christ.

Oswald Chambers
    September 24th Devotional

27. Simple Citizen says:

This will have to be quick, and I am not sure how much I can get back here for response today, but please know I am praying for all of you.

Also, I do apologize (in advance) for the long post, I wished to provide an indication of what I was coming across, just in case no one has to the time to read all of the sites. A Cliff Notes if you will. = )

PUTTING TOGETHER PIECES

So it would seem that GP found Linda Sarsour in the marches, being surrounded by ANTIFA protection:

This article had me go back to see what Apelbaum has been up to, and again, I was not disappointed:

“A Trojan named Jonathan Greenblatt
    Appointing Jonathan Greenblatt as ADL’s CEO wasn’t coincidental. Rather, it was part of a wave of the red green alliance takeover of a large number of US civic organizations. Greenblatt is a hardcore democrat loyalist and shares the same DNA/scruples with the likes of Debbie Wasserman Schultz. Before he was parachuted behind enemy lines into the ADL, Greeblatt established his reputation as a battle hardened veteran of the Clinton and Obama administrations. He was a Special Assistant to president Obama and the Director of the Office of Social Innovation and Civic Participation (SICP) in the United States Domestic Policy Council. As director, he led the office’s efforts to utilize human capital and financial capital (concept copied from the soviet People’s Commissariat).

Funding and information warfare platforms
    A part of Greenblatt’s new political realignment for the ADL included getting funding from progressive big-tech sources like Pier Omidyar (founder of eBay), who also funds the internet censorships industry and many of the leading anti-Trump initiatives including Defeat Disinfo. As can be seen from the linages below, Defeat Disinfo is a member of a large network of political information warfare platforms focused entirely on attacking the Trump/his administration and defeating him in the 2020 elections.

Decompiling several projects like Defeat Disinfo, shows that their network of enablers and operators includes a large number of retired and currently serving high ranking US military personal. On August 11, 2020 DefenseOne published an open letter by two retired U.S. Army lieutenant colonels, John Nagl and Paul Yingling to General Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The letter includes multiple false statements like the following:

“There can be little doubt that Mr. Trump is facing electoral defeat. More than 160,000 Americans have died from COVID 19, and that toll is likely to rise to 300,000 by November. One in ten U.S. workers is unemployed, and the U.S. economy in the last quarter suffered the greatest contraction in its history. Nearly 70 percent of Americans believe the country is on the wrong track. The Economist estimates that Mr. Trump’s chances of losing the election stand at 91 percent.”

The two lieutenant colonels openly called for a coup d’état in order to remove the president by force. Not surprisingly, the two are active members of McChrystal’s Defeat Disinfo initiative. But, these military linkages go even deeper. Paul Yingling, one of the two publishers is also a close friend of Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster and was his deputy commander in Iraq. If you are not familiar with McMaster’s little conspirator club, he managed Alexander Vindman and Eric Ciaramella, the Ukrainian whistleblower at the NSC. In 2017, Ciaramella, was McMaster’s special assistant.

A week later on August 17, 2020, in another DefenseOne publication by Thomas Crosbie titled: Six Scenarios for Military Intervention After January 2020, Crosbie provided a step-by-step playbook for the upcoming coup d’état. Again, analyzing Crosbie’s network shows the same Defeat Disinfo linkages.

The presence of senior ‘retired military’ DNA and fingerprints in the 2020 election information warfare theater (where the ADL, NIF, and J Street are active) should raise a lot of questions. Four obvious ones are:

1. Why is the Pentagon tolerating DARPA sponsored information warfare tools being used in the US for political targeting of the administration and the president?

2. Why does the Pentagon and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff tolerate blatant violations of Article 88 in the UCMJ?—Which clearly states that:

“Any commissioned officer who uses contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Transportation, or the Governor or legislature of any State, Territory, Commonwealth, or possession in which he is on duty or present shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.”

3. Why does the DOJ, Secretary of Defense, and the Pentagon permit completely false statements like ‘…Trump’s suggesting that injecting bleach or other household disinfectants could be a treatment for the novel coronavirus’ to be published, out of all places, in US military news outlets like Stars and Stripes?

4. Why are US non-profits like the ADL, J Street, and NIF allowed to engage in extreme partisan political activity?”

And finally, there was a little ditty on Winter Watch that was also colliding with both of the other pieces when it comes to a total picture (also as Sundance emphasizes, and our friends GB Bari, as well as Two Laine emphasize: “Follow the Money!”):

What They Didn’t Tell You About Ukrainegate and the Terminally Corrupt Joe Biden:

“Now, the Senate Finance and Homeland Security committees have released the final draft of their years-long investigation into the matter. This is extremely damaging to corrupto demented Joe and may very well sink him — although we don’t expect the mainstream, terminally corrupt Lugenpresse to cover it, unless they find an effective way to spin it. This makes Watergate look like child’s play.”

Gotta run…

Best to all!

28. Sepp says:

In honor of Cursday

In 1973 or 1974, Pepsi had a television commercial with a family’s visit to the farm to see Grandma’s surprise for the little kids.

29. mandy says:

Psalm 117 (118) verses 8 and 9

It is good to trust in the Lord
    Rather than to trust in man;
    It is good to hope in the Lord
    Rather than to hope in rulers.

30. Bugsdaddy says:

Today would have been my fathers 93rd Birthday.

Only Democrat he ever voted for was Harry Truman.
    Gosh, I hope he doesn’t vote for Biden this year.

31. herebouts says:

Rep. Louis Gohmert (R-TX) with Sen Rand Paul (R-Ky) interview Yale epidemiologist Dr. Harvey Risch, family physician Dr. George Fareed, and infectious disease Dr. Stephen Smith.
    It is worth a watch:
    COVID-19 and Medical Freedom: A Congressional Inquiry.

32. herebouts says:

Here is the video of Rep Louie Gohmert and Sen.Rand Paul
    COVID-19 and Medical Freedom: A Congressional Inquiry.

• Simple Citizen says:

Had to cut and run, but looked up the video on YouTube (in case I do not get back to this thread right away) and booked marked it, so I could finish watching.

Thank you herebouts for putting it up here. It is definitely worth review and consideration.

33. Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

So you think, “It can’t happen here.”

Really? “Only in the blue states.”

These two were just arrested in Idaho for organizing an event
    where people were joyously singing while not wearing face diapers
    and standing way too close to one another outside City Hall.

• Simple Citizen says:

Thanks for the post, although I remain confused (sorry about that). Why did they arrest either just this husband and wife, or the two of them, plus one more, if the organizer was Pastor Douglas Wilson?

Also, we did none of the other Christians permit the arrest?

Now I am not talking “armed resistance”, but why not all sit down together, lock arms and refuse to move. Moscow cannot have enough law enforcement to arrest between 150 – 300 people all at once. If they (the police) resorted to spray or other means, there would be legal recourse for not only sewing the department, but each individual officer and the direct supervisor that trained them.

So I am left a little confused, and again apologize for my lack of clarity. Either way, I appreciate the post.

Looked at GP as well, based on your post:

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Those people were there to sing not fight with the Roman guards. Let this be a wake-up call or a reminder that the Romans work for Caesar not the peasants. To put another way the enforcers will say “We were only following orders. Yavole”

• Simple Citizen says:

Certainly, I was not suggesting a fight, just a simple sit down, as a means for peaceful protest.

My feeling is that the Praetorian Guard would have backed off if a unified statement of just siting in peace would have occurred, and no arrest would have been made; however, since I was not there (and never been Moscow), I would not know.

It was just a simple (pun intended) thought on my part.

Best…

34. Simple Citizen says:

Friend just alerted me to Senator Rand Paul and FBI Director Wray having a little talk about BLM utilizing terror and corporate funding:

Although I have pointed out (in past posts) the 14th Amendment, the Commerce Clause (Article I, Section 8, Clause 3) and the USA Patriot Act all have various provisions that could be utilized by los federales to enforce the law, but there was still one that I forgot to mention:

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964

“To enforce the constitutional right to vote, to confer jurisdiction upon the district courts of the United States to provide injunctive relief against discrimination in public accommodations, to authorize the attorney General to institute suits to protect constitutional rights in public facilities and public education, to extend the Commission on Civil Rights, to prevent discrimination in federally assisted programs, to establish a Commission on Equal Employment Opportunity, and for other purposes.”

Attorney Generalissimo Barr is Director Wray’s boss, and could technically order action based on the Civil Rights Act..

35. Lucille says:

Video from Franklin Graham…

Watch Prayer March Live on Saturday, September 26, 2020

The livestream starts Saturday at noon (ET), and you’re invited to pray along if you can’t attend in person.

Please pray for the protection from violence by the BLM, Antifa and other communists/terrorists

36. Rush gave a big thumbs up to Treehouse today……

37. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Please place Your Guardian Angels of Protection around Donald Trump and Mike Pence and their families as they seek to lead America back to You. Also, we pray for Angels to protect and support our Sundance as he works for justice and peace.

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

38. auscitizenmom says:

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh and Gen. Flynn:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

39. I want to be fair to everyone and not show discrimination.

Where can I get a WHITE LIVES MATTER baseball cap?

40. rufnekreject says:

I’m interested to hear where this fits into all the dirty dealing going on in DC. OR, maybe it’s not related. This article doesn’t say if Broidy raised funds for Trump or is a Never Trump guy. https://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/gulf/2020/07/01/Qatar-hired-former-CIA-US-military-officials-to-hack-Republican-activist-Reports