Tuesday September 22nd – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

95 Responses to Tuesday September 22nd – Open Thread

1. citizen817 says:

2. citizen817 says:

• Michael Fox says:

The glorious INFORMATION age can now rightly be called the gory DEFORMATION age.

• Ray Runge says:

“Zombie Apocalypse” has been an apropos term for some time.

• Michael Fox says:

Definitely, Ray! We’ve been living in the “zombie apocalypse” for quite some time now.

Here in California we have the Zombie Prince himself, Governor Gavin Gruesome.

If it weren’t for these zombies’ propensity to kill the elderly, eat the young, attack the wealthy, burn their own property and generally howl at the moon, then one MIGHT think that they’re SIMPLY STUPID Democrats, “highly” educated with indoctrination.

But, the gross verbal and bodily CONTORTIONS when faced with anything beautiful or traditional related to God, family and country reveal the true apocalyptic tale.

Remember, practice head shots! Only way to take out a zombie. They certainly don’t have hearts.

• puca58 says:

Frighteningly sobering; so true!

3. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Men Wanted!

By Pastor Ricky Kurth

As Ezra prepared to lead God’s people back to the Promised Land after the Babylonian captivity, he had plenty of money to buy animals for sacrifice in the newly rebuilt temple (Ezra 7:11-17), but no Levites to offer them (8:15).

This reminds me of the situation in our own day. Grace churches frequently have enough money to serve the Lord, but no men willing to offer their bodies as “a living sacrifice” to God (Rom. 12:1). Will you be such a man, willing to serve Him in the ministry? I’m reminded of the Lord’s lament to men of God in Ezekiel’s day:

“Ye have not gone up into the gaps, neither made up the hedge for the house of Israel to stand in the battle in the day of the LORD” (Ezek. 13:5).

As grace pastors retire and others go to be with the Lord, there are always going to be gaps that need to be filled in the front lines of the battle for truth. If God is speaking to your heart about championing the cause of Paul’s gospel, why not say with Isaiah, “Here am I; send me” (Isa. 6:8).

Ezra 7:11 Now this is the copy of the letter that the king Artaxerxes gave unto Ezra the priest, the scribe, even a scribe of the words of the commandments of the LORD, and of his statutes to Israel.
    12 Artaxerxes, king of kings, unto Ezra the priest, a scribe of the law of the God of heaven, perfect peace, and at such a time.

13 I make a decree, that all they of the people of Israel, and of his priests and Levites, in my realm, which are minded of their own freewill to go up to Jerusalem, go with thee.
    14 Forasmuch as thou art sent of the king, and of his seven counsellors, to enquire concerning Judah and Jerusalem, according to the law of thy God which is in thine hand;

15 And to carry the silver and gold, which the king and his counsellors have freely offered unto the God of Israel, whose habitation is in Jerusalem,
    16 And all the silver and gold that thou canst find in all the province of Babylon, with the freewill offering of the people, and of the priests, offering willingly for the house of their God which is in Jerusalem:
    17 That thou mayest buy speedily with this money bullocks, rams, lambs, with their meat offerings and their drink offerings, and offer them upon the altar of the house of your God which is in Jerusalem.

Ezra 8:15 And I gathered them together to the river that runneth to Ahava; and there abode we in tents three days: and I viewed the people, and the priests, and found there none of the sons of Levi.

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Ezekiel 13:5 Ye have not gone up into the gaps, neither made up the hedge for the house of Israel to stand in the battle in the day of the LORD.

Isaiah 6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

4. Garrison Hall says:

5. Lucille says:

Cellist Luka Sulic playing “L’Autunno (Autumn) Op. 8 No. 3 in F major: III. Allegro” by Antonio Vivaldi. Luka is the first person to arrange THE FOUR SEASONS for the cello and to record it in its entirety.

Have a blessed first day of autumn!

6. citizen817 says:

7. Lucille says:

Fr. James Altman: You cannot be Catholic & a Democrat. Period.

Father James Altman calls out the hypocrisies of Church hierarchy and their destructive leftist politicization of the Catholic Church that has slapped faithful Catholics in the face and led many others astray. Altman also explains the basis of human nature and our purpose in life.

• Michael Fox says:

I couldn’t agree more, Lucille.

Certainly not a true Christian Catholic.

The Democrat Party has become a Satanic cult. Period.

• Lucille says:

I love how he doesn’t pull any punches but just goes ahead and tells the truth without fear.

Psalm 56:3-4….
        When struck by fear,
        I let go, depending securely upon You alone.
        In God—whose word I praise—
        in God I place my trust. I shall not let fear come in,
        for what can measly men do to me?

8. Lucille says:

World Over – 2020-09-17 – Jim Caviezel with Raymond Arroyo
    JIM CAVIEZEL, actor and star of the new film “Infidel”, which opens this week in theaters everywhere.

• Michael Fox says:

I love Jim Caviezel, Lucille! He is a man’s man, as well as a fine actor!

During his recent interview with Mike Huckabee, when he posed the question about why we haven’t told these people who are trying to destroy Christianity and our nation “to go to hell,” I found myself actually cheering and whooping in front of my iPad!

He’s got huevos!

• Lucille says:

Jim is a dear and good man, that’s for sure. When is the last time you heard a Hollywood or Broadway actor speak the name of Christ that wasn’t by way of swearing?

I also found this video…at Dinesh D’Souza channel….
        Jim Caviezel Is BACK With a Film Hollywood Elites Would Never Make
        Posted September 1, 2020

My wife, Debbie, and I are executive producers on this political thriller starring Jim Caviezel. INFIDEL is a feature film that tells a story that Hollywood won’t tell and doesn’t want you to know. Watch the trailer and go see INFIDEL when it opens in theaters September 18!

• NICCO says:

Father ,bless this man for he speaks from his heart.Keep him strong and healthy for this is what hollywood needs to be.in Jesus Christ name,Amen.

9. Feisty Hayseed says:

80 YO Nancy’s Brain Crashed / Blue Screened and when she Rebooted she said “Good Morning” and reported the “Day of the Week” ;-D

10. NICCO says:

Father ,we thank you that your hand is upon our president mightily,we cover him with the precious shed blood of Jesus Christ,and decree and declare Zachariah 2;5 over him and his family..Let the fire of your glory surround them and that no witchcraft,no voodoo,no hex,no vex,no curse no power,no principality and no demon in hell shall prosper against them.Father we ask that you dispatch legions of your warring angelic hosts to destroy every plot and plan of the enemy.Father let your anointing rest strongly upon him at all times and our nation is brought totally back to you.Father ,we praise you,we glorify you in the name above all names ,Jesus Christ,King of Kings,Lord of Lords and soon to return Messiah,Amen.

11. Feisty Hayseed says:

This will definitely Stop the Rioting!

12. Lucille says:

SEPTEMBER 17, 2020 – JUDICIAL WATCH

It took nearly two decades after the worst terrorist attack on U.S. soil for every state to finally comply with a federal law requiring minimum security standards for driver’s licenses and identification cards. The measure, known as the REAL ID Act, was passed by Congress after 9/11 to establish a more secure national system less prone to fraud after several of the hijackers exploited loopholes to obtain dozens of driver’s licenses from various states. The cards allowed them to take flight lessons and board planes to carry out the 2001 attacks.

At the recommendation of the 9/11 Commission, Congress passed the law in 2005 and states originally had until 2011 to comply, though the Obama administration tried to drastically weaken the legislation. Obama Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano granted a 20-month extension on the deadline as she worked behind the scenes to undermine the Real ID Act, asserting that it violates civil liberties and privacy.

13. puca58 says:

Joe’s at it again! This time with the Pledge of Allegiance. “One nation, indivisible, under God, for real!” Don’t do social media, but I’m sure someone has posted the video by now, somewhere.

14. Sepp says:

. . . but deliver us from the Evil One.

15. Sepp says:

Prayer of Saint Ioannikios the Great (+ 846)

My hope is the Father, my refuge the Son, my protection the Holy Spirit. O Holy Trinity, glory to Thee.

16. Sepp says:

Kyrie Eleison

From the country of Georgia, one of the world’s oldest Christian nations. Mariam Roinishvili and Trinity Cathedral Choir from the Georgian Public Broadcasting.

17. Charlotte Powell Brooks says:

Baby Lives Matter.

18. Dora says:

• weather257 says:

“…and the clouds were like headlines on a new front page sky…”

• first comment under this video:

There’s an elderly gentleman at the pool where I work as a lifeguard. He’s very friendly and talkative and is up all the time and takes time to talk to all the guards and get to know them. Really just a wonderful guy, and we were talking just about the weather today, it was partly cloudy, and he thought of this song and recommended it to me…
        I’ve listened to it over and over again at least five times now, and it resonates with me each time, I NEEDED to hear this song…
        God truly does work in mysterious ways.
        What a masterpiece.”

1 year ago

19. Dora says:

20. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

21. Simple Citizen says:

Happy Autumn!

(Decided to use the static video version, because all the live versions had mediocre video quality.)

22. An American says:

Unseal and release all of Obama’s personal life history documents/records from the time of his birth through to his election to the Senate.

Requesting for an avid Obama supporter.

23. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day for Tuesday, September 22, 2020

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

1 John 4:18 | KJV

24. Jeff says:

“Make a joyous noise”
    “Take big bites out of life! Moderation is for monks.”
    – Robert A. Heinlein
    “Enjoy this great day!”
    – Jeff

25. Surfhut says:

Happy life story here. My husband and I raised our son in a little beach town in SoCal. A couple we were great friends with had a daughter the same time we had a son. Those kids grew up with each other. The couple got divorced, my husband passed away, the kids went off to college. We all lost touch with each other.

During lockdown, I started goofing around on social media and found the husband of our friends. We have had so much fun reconnecting! Found out his daughter and my son both now live in Austin. One kid works for Whole Foods and the other for Trader Joe’s. What are the odds of those two beach babies winding up in the same city half a continent away from where they grew up?

We got our kids (now in their 30’s) in touch with each other, and they are now having so much fun reconnecting with each other. Old parents in touch again and childhood friends in touch again.

Lots of happy hearts!

26. mandy says:

Careful out there today: the ‘Breonna Taylor’ decision is expected to be released this afternoon (Louisville).

27. Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Yesterday Tucker gave us the democrats’ election plan in a 12-min nutshell:

28. just stevie says:

THE MISSIONARY’S MASTER

“Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.” John xiii. 13

To have a master and to be mastered is not the same thing. To have a master means that there is one who knows me better than I know myself, one who is closer than a friend, one who fathoms the remotest abyss of my heart and satisfies it, one who has brought me into the secure sense that he has met and solved every perplexity and problem of my mind. To have a master is this and nothing less – “One is your Master, even Christ.”

Our Lord never enforces obedience; He does not take means to make me do what He wants. At certain times I wish God would master me and make me do the thing, but He will not; in other moods I wish He would leave me alone, but He does not.

“Ye call me Master and Lord” – but IS He? Master and Lord have little place in our vocabulary, we prefer the words Saviour, Sanctifier, Healer. The only word to describe mastership in experience is love and we know very little about love as God reveals it. This is proved by the way we use the word obey. In the Bible obedience is based on the relationship of equals, that of a son with his father. Our Lord was not God’s servant, He was His Son. “THOUGH HE WERE A SON, yet learned He obedience…” If our idea is that we are being mastered, it is a proof that we have no master; if that is our attitude to Jesus, we are far away from the relationship He wants. He want us in the relationship in which He is easily Master without our conscious knowledge of it, all we know is that we are His to obey.

Oswald Chambers
    September 22nd Devotional

29. Troublemaker10 says:

30. Tara Sayers Dillard says:

Garden Design is a series of negotiations. Amazingly you think you’re the negotiator

More than the sound of wind thru foliage is a Garden’s thrum.

“It is difficult to get the news from poems, yet men die miserably every day for lack of what is found there.” William Carlos Williams. Best line about Garden Design, and pandemic, yet found.

You’ll discover the vital work of gardening; its planning, execution, caretaking, become the deepest, richest and strongest layer of life. In and out of the garden.

Gardens have always excelled in, “revealing people in all their laughable delusions.” Dan Chaon. Several years into seriously creating a beautiful garden, and laughably failing, I made changes to my education, self, and expectations.

“The act of translation is its own kind of meta; translation is a complex art……” Sarah Neilson. Garden Design is the highest form of translation.

My subversiveness trinity: gardening, reading a poem, saying a prayer. What is your subversiveness trinity? You know, the one from your soul, not your elevator speech.

Garden Design is thousands of years old. Everyone behind us, is with us, as we are with those, living decades/centuries past us. How do I know? I hear it in my Garden, in Nature. You know this, you hear it too, or you wouldn’t have read this far.

Gardening, “It’s not about proving anything. It’s about sharing something.” Yo-Yo Ma.
    Emily Saliers, Indigo Girls, about going to a monastery, “It gave me an appreciation for the power of quiet in spiritual practice, which I think a lot of young folks —or maybe I’ll just speak for myself — didn’t really understand, well, what’s the big idea about being a monk and going and being quiet? What does that do for the world? And it gave me a very keen understanding of exactly what it does for the world and for spiritual communities.”

“….an evolution of recognizing how sacred what is deemed secular is.” E. Saliers.

“I didn’t have an appreciation for simpler things that were proffered as much as I do now.” E. Saliers.

Of course Gardens are not silent, yet it’s their silence saving your life with Nature’s oldest poetry.

“….theologians — they thoughtfully organized liturgy. They put thought into constructing it so people might get the most out of it….thought, and organization and structure…..” E. Saliers

Amusing, she’s speaking of religion and its template is Garden Design.

It’s the Garden’s silence, you’re wanting, as much as its meadow, flowers, trees, etc.

Garden & Be Well.

31. My city has experienced more than its fair share of Antifa/BLM vandalism, particularly on vehicles. In anticipation of more upcoming unrest, I decided to have some “Trump 2020 MAGA” Static Cling window stickers and Magnetic Bumper Stickers printed up.

Won’t they look GREAT on cars that I see ferrying in the Antifa/BLMers?

32. An interview with webcomic artist Chris Muir, who has been skewering the Left for many years in his strip “Day by Day.”

33. mandy says:

“The Whole Counsel of God” is a weekly podcast. “This podcast takes us through the Holy Scriptures in a verse by verse study based on the Great Tradition of the Orthodox Church.” At the link below, scroll down just a bit and you’ll see the heading “Episodes.” Go to the tab “New to Old” and click it, select “Old to New” and the episodes will be presented in order from the start date back in 2017. That way, you can ‘binge listen’ in order.

🙂

It’s a most excellent series.

Hubby and I have been exploring some of Fr. Stephen’s blog posts. This morning, we read one of his offerings from December, 2018.

I hope you find it enriching.

34. MV Jensen says:

@Sundance, – has Soros shortet dollars and is working for the cash in?

35. Troublemaker10 says:

A good read.

———-

Why Some Revolutions Fail

Excerpt:

Soon after the start of the French Revolution on July 14, 1789, the English statesman Edmund Burke saw storm clouds on the horizon.

Under the banner of “liberty, equality, and fraternity,” the French revolutionaries not only attacked the dreaded Bastille prison in Paris. They assaulted the most important historic institutions in France: the monarchy, the aristocracy, and the Christian religion.

In his “Reflections on the Revolution in France,” Burke warned of political revolutions that despise everything that came before them: “People will not look forward to posterity, who never look backward to their ancestors.

36. Sepp says:

The Synaxis of the Holy and Righteous Ancestors of God, Joachim and Anna

is today, September 9th on the traditional Calendar of the Orthodox Christian Church and September 22nd on the civil calendar

37. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Please place Your Guardian Angels of Protection around Donald Trump and Mike Pence and their families as they seek to lead America back to You. Also, we pray for Angels to protect and support our Sundance as he works for justice and peace.

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

38. auscitizenmom says:

A prayer for Justice Kavanaugh and Gen. Flynn:

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
    be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
    who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.